The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Found 20,316 reviews matching the search
A family orientated job enviornment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJanuary 17, 2017
Great company to work for. HD has advancement that moves pretty quickly. The management wants to see the associate succeed, so the weekly/ monthly coaching's, assists with improving skills needed to get ahead.
Pros
Table tennis and air hockey tables available to use at break times
Cons
Few moral building staff meeting held by upper management for all employees to attend.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJanuary 17, 2017
I love my job. I haven't been able to say that in a long time. As with most jobs there are good and bad things, I find that the good ones out weigh the bad by a great deal.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
They don't provide insurance(that's not supplemental) for part time associates.
Rewarding
Customer Service Associate/Bookkeeping (Current Employee) –  Canal Winchester, OHJanuary 17, 2017
A typical day at work would include: Standing long hours, packing down, straightening shelves, on hands, helping customers, putting away returns, printing tags, fixing items and problems, cleaning, and helping out where needed..
What I've learned: You can't always get everything done in one day. Work towards completing your goals and do the best that you can for tomorrow is another day.
Management: Is a tough position to be in.
My Co-Workers: We have our moments, but we usually cover each other as well as help each other and try to find the humor in things.
The hardest part of the job:: Is not being able to help everyone. Some things are out of our control as in inventory, merchandise still on the truck unloaded, etc.
The most enjoyable part of the job: Helping customers out. Seeing repeat customers with there smiles, hugs and jokes.
Thoughts.
Freight Associate (Former Employee) –  Jasper, ALJanuary 17, 2017
The most enjoyable aspect of working within the Home Depot was the interaction among co-workers and repeat customers. Management at times was questionable. I learned a lot of skills mainly involving time-management, equipment operation, and some supervisor essentials.
Great company and great benefits
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 17, 2017
The home depot helped me in a time of need using their homer fund. I learned a lot and there's always room for promotion if you work hard and are friendly. The management was kind to me and so understanding of my student schedule.
Pros
Free lunch, money incentives, shareholder program
Cons
strenuous
Home Depot
Operations (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJanuary 16, 2017
Its a job, if you want to move up you better have it good with management. other than that it's a relatively nice place but the customers think they know better than you and treat you badly
Chill job with great team
Merchandising Execution Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 16, 2017
Great pay and benefits. Straight forward work assignments and management treats you like family. Uniforms could be better. Would recommend to a friend.
Pros
Pool Table
Cons
Dust
productive company
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, NYJanuary 16, 2017
typical day at work review the orders that need to be pulled in the system print the orders out then i pull and organize them so they can be put on the delivery truck the next day.
Pros
healthcare and getting paid weekly
Cons
low pay management
Positive work enviorment with good growth outlook.
Garden, Lumber, and Millworks Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MI 49684January 16, 2017
This company demonstrated a positive work environment ensuring that employees were taken care and treated fairly. I was properly trained in sales and customer service.
Pros
Positive work environment.
Cons
Hours are cut during the winter.
Great work culture
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 16, 2017
Great team. On the job training. Lots of opportunity for growth. Sometimes demanding. Great exposure to new technologies
Pros
Co-workerrs are great, upper management really supportive
Flexible and reliable, yet disappointing.
Freight Team Associate and Receiver (Current Employee) –  KansasJanuary 16, 2017
The Home Depot is a great job for a student who needs pay above minimum wage and a flexible schedule. It has all the pros and cons of retail and for the most the associates are great. I have loved most of my time at HD and have gained a lot of experience in 3 years, however even though I work extremely hard, there is a significant lack of recognition of my efforts. I work Back-End so half of the time, unless something is needed, we are forgotten.
Pros
Nice break room, flexible hours, good pay
Cons
Unless you are one of the selected few, recognition for efforts is low because management focuses more on sales and customers
Very fast pace enviroment. Family oriented.
Pro Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 16, 2017
Great place to work. Family oriented work environment, Great Customer Service. Also great benefits. Overall You would love the experience working and or Shopping At the Home Depot.
FLOORING AND WINDOW COVERING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJanuary 16, 2017
Great staff-fun place to work-lots of heavy lifting and heavy customer service-good benefits-selling expertise encouraged-good training-nice perks
Pros
SUCCESS SHARING
Cons
NO SET SCHEDULE
A stable employer, fast paced environment, with lots of growth opportunities!
Customer Order Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 16, 2017
I have found Home Depot to be a wonderful place to work. They have good benefits (lots of vacation time with longevity), job secuirty, and lots of opportunity to grow with the company or move around.
Pros
Fast paced, Good benefits, Job security, Opporrunity for advancement
Cons
Wage caps, Short on good help, Management bad hours, Working weekends
Good place to wor.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Evergreen, COJanuary 16, 2017
I've been happier with my job at Home Depot than any the job I've ever had. I enjoy my work in the Garden department as well as the time I spend as cashier. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers.
Pros
Wonderful group of people to work with!
Cons
Hours for part time associates cut following Christmas season.
productive and fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Glendale, NYJanuary 16, 2017
fun place to work i like working at home depot. i worked here for 7 years and I've always enjoy my time spent at work. the people are very nice. thank you
Great place to work if you don'y mind being miss treated from time to time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIJanuary 16, 2017
Not a terrible place to work but I was verbally attacked and management at the Home Depot in Racine did very little to correct it. I reported the attacks to management many times before leaving the company. I offered to go to a different department, but I was turned down due to a policy that restricts transfers before the probation period was up.
Pros
flexible work schedules
Cons
management sucked in some departments
Very friendly and family oriented please to work
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Grand chuteJanuary 16, 2017
Very friendly and family oriented please to work that requires various social skills as well as sales and knowledge skills.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Cannot think of anything bad about this job. I had a lot of fun and people were very friendly
Great atmosphere
Garden Recovery (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 16, 2017
Typical day working at The Home Depot includes guiding customers to correct areas of interests and answering any questions, putting away truck and making sure store is clean.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
customer service is the main funtion of home depot
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 16, 2017
wile working there I leaned a lot and advanced though the company to run tool rental and was trained in many other departments. the benefits were as good as or beter than some full time jobs I have had in the past.
Pros
good culture and opertunitys
Cons
the fexable scedule is some times hard to adjust to.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.