The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Found 27,025 reviews matching the search
Terrible place to work at
Merchandising Execution Team Associate/SUP (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 24, 2017
Noticeable differences in compensation based on gender and race within the store. Pay grade will keep a person on food stamps even if they work full-time. No protection against aggressive customers. Cutthroat management.
Pros
you get to know when sales happen in advance
Cons
everything
Great Learning Experience
Pro desk/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 24, 2017
At the Home Depot, I learned a lot. Whether it was from phone sales to doing simple cashier service. Customers ranged from everyday customers to contractors.
Benefits
Cons
Scheduling
Don't waste your time
Associate (Former Employee) –  Batavia, NYSeptember 24, 2017
This was by far one of the worst jobs I've ever held. You're forced to work every weekend and if you need time off they give you a horrible time for it.
Pros
Customer interaction
Cons
No benefits
Very Organized
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYSeptember 24, 2017
The company is very organized which can make a typical workday somewhat fast-paced. The one thing to mindful of is you might be on your feet a majority of your shift
Depends on the store
Specialty Sales-Appliances (Former Employee) –  3481 NashuaSeptember 24, 2017
Some stores have very supportive management but for the most part, the managers don't help with the associates. They hide in an office. There are a select few managers that actually earn their keep and help out to make the associates successful. However, unless you can figure things out on your own, don't go there.
Benefits
Cons
lack luster management
I enjoyed working at Home Depot
Kitchen Design Specialist/Installations Expediter (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 24, 2017
I really enjoyed working here. I usually enjoy any place I work. If I do not like a place, I do not stay. The people that complain about Home Depot are usually do not want to work. If you are a real worker, you will not have a problem with this employer. I was paid double what was usually paid to most employees, but that was because I went above and beyond what was required.
Pros
I like being the first to see something to go on sale.
Cons
I had to leave when I moved out of state.
good but hard
Delivery and Will Call Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Inverness Point, ALSeptember 24, 2017
While I was with home depot they were good at training me and others for certain tasks, but they failed at training us for other tasks that were "outside our scope of work" but that we were still required to do. everyone helps each other out.
Part time, no benefits
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLSeptember 24, 2017
Good culture, little room for advancement, but a fun place to work. I really have nothing other to say except that I really wish there were benefits and that they would hire full time.
Stocker
Stocker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 23, 2017
I am part time. I really like my job. Its a really good company Really fun and the manager is really nice. I'm only looking for a new job so I can get more hours.
un healthy work culture
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLSeptember 23, 2017
very bad culture to work for unless you like to kiss but . Unless you are part of the click you will hate going to work. Managers are a bunch of kiss a.., Customer service means nothing as long as the managers reach there numbers.
Fine establishment to work and learn
Order Picker Operator/Night Shift Stocking Crew (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MISeptember 23, 2017
I learned from my managers on a daily basis, great team work, I enjoy power hour when we are extremely busy, the hardest part was loading mulch into the back of trailers.
Pros
always food for the holidays
Cons
Night shift usually gets the bottom of the barrell
great place to work
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 23, 2017
great place to work worked on the overnight freight team then moved to the receiving deparment love the monday to friday shift week ends off which was great and to me really there where no hard parts of the job i enjoyed it
Productive work place
Appliance Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 23, 2017
If you are seeking to continue to uphold strong sales and performance standards or simply increase and develop new revenues for this organization you should take a look at this company.
Pros
Good ambience to work
Cons
Be prepare to stand all day
Well nice opportunity
lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Seminole, FLSeptember 23, 2017
I have been treated poorly and the job was going nowhere as I was in school and needed time to get it right. I was thinking ahead so it went forward and did stress it out.
long inconsistent hours
Customer Service Associate (Service desk) (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOSeptember 23, 2017
Biggest negative is work schedule. you could work 7-10 straight then get two off. Or close the store and have to reopen store the next morning. Often difficult to get help in the store and loaders for heavy items. Often work holidays for double time.
Pros
time off accumulation
Cons
lack of knowledgable people
I have nothing to say about this company
Cashier responsible for cashiering (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 23, 2017
I took this job because it was available. no other reason.
It is a retailer that gives its employees childish trinkets and thinks that they are benefits.
Managemnt sucks
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, MOSeptember 23, 2017
There is a lot of favoritism that goes on and when you are on a LOA they take a very long time to give you money, but that's if they approve of you not being able to work.
quick paced
Freight Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 23, 2017
Good working environment. I enjoy working at home depot. Salary is fair enough. You can set your own schedule of availability. It can be a good long term job.
montonous
Cashier Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 23, 2017
it was very boring, very repetitive, very inflexible, lousy benefits for part-time work. many frivolous and silly sop's. wish I could have learned more about hardware/building
Ok
Customer Service and Order Fulfillment (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 23, 2017
Started off as a good place to work..But then wasnt getting any hours..And if I did it was weird hours..Low pay..Probally had to work there a longer time to recieve full time or more benefits
Pros
Good hours if your a student
Cons
Low pay no hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.