The Home Depot Employee Reviews in United States

Found 18,350 reviews matching the search
Productive and inclusive work environment
Merchandise Execution Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 26, 2016
Excellent work environment. Management promotes learning and professional growth. High team-oriented. Most enjoyable part of the job was helping my team grow and pursue new opportunities.
Very Productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boerne, TXAugust 26, 2016
My job was very easy I got along with everyone. You dealt with all sorts of customers and always had to be careful with customers that tell you they have less than what they really do.
Productive workplace
Receiving Lead (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYAugust 26, 2016
Working for Home Depot kept me busy and interactive with our customers. It gave me a chance to share my knowledge as a handyman and assist customers with home improvements of their own.
Home Depot
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 26, 2016
I would stock different textures and colors of paint as well as different textures in different colors of paint brushes and wood and other household items sometimes I would put in overtime due to certain coworkers that would call out
Pros
The job was fun at times
Cons
Some coworkers would lie
Productive, friendly, successful, and fun workplace
Freight Team Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 26, 2016
The Home Depot is a great company that allows opportunity to grow. With this company a worker can advance him/herself as far as they want to. The environment is very friendly, and customers have a lot of respect for the company as well as the workers. Management was great and always available when needed. My co-workers were all very nice and made it fun to come to work everyday. The hardest part of the job is being on your feet the whole shift but you barely notice it. The most enjoyable part of the job is giving good customer service and receiving praise and compliments from customers you've assisted.
Great place to learn and grow.
District Asset Protection Manager (Current Employee) –  Northern Virigina.August 26, 2016
You have unlimited opportunities with The Home Depot. As a District Asset protection Manager you work closely with the District Staff, Store Managers, Assistant Store Managers, and Associates to help reduce loses in the stores. You will coach and train all associates on safety and shrink reduction. You will lead a team of Asset Protection Specialist on internal and external case production.
they have the award winning you become part of the team thats been recognized nationally
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 26, 2016
wonderful and enjoyable environment
best relationship and experience I ever have
learning new things receive all kind a trainings
for a successfully carrier.
the important thing of this company is giving
time to our community, talent, energy and resources
to our community and society
Home Depot Rewards
HR & Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  San Carlos, CAAugust 25, 2016
Home Depot is a company where people are valued on a daily basis and where customer service is routinely the number one responsibility for all associates.
Not a fun place to work in
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vauxhall, NJAugust 25, 2016
I dont like working here. They lie too much. I have many dissapointments with them. I barely get hours. The managers are very rude as well the coworkers.
Productive and fun workplace.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 25, 2016
Good people, great hospitality, lots of things to do, fun time working there, great opportunities to move ahead, the days are so much fun you couldn't wait to go to work the next day.
Fun place to work
Freight Associate (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLAugust 25, 2016
Unload overnight shipments,stock,stage,and put away merchandise onto shelves.Operate all machinery at warehouse.I ejoyed working for this company because chance of advancement.
Pros
I won the Platimum Homer Award for Sales
Cons
Barbecues
Great work atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Carlos, CAAugust 25, 2016
Managers are all really nice and make you feel comfortable when they are around. Co-workers are all very friendly and welcoming. The managers encourage workers to apply to different positions within the company.
Okay place to work
Customer Service Desk (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 25, 2016
Was only part-time and seasonal. Home improvement. Busy place, employees and management are nice and helpful. Did not work there very long.
Environment where problem solving skills are tested daily and where a high standard of customer service is expected. Coworkers are friendly.
Sales Specialist Flooring/Appliances/Decor (Current Employee) –  Granbury, TXAugust 25, 2016
As a sales specialist, I engage customers in the aisles, set up leads and quotes for home improvement services, and educate customers on products and proper techniques for utilizing the products. I started with the company as a cashier, and over the course of 3 years have learned multiple departments, including Flooring, Paint, Appliances, and the Special Service Desk. I have also learned the duties of the Customer Order Specialist, so that I could assist in solving problems with the install aspect of the business. I am also a member of the safety committee and a new associate coach, responsible for training new associates in tasks pertinent to multiple departments. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help customers with all aspects of their projects. The most difficult part of my job is that due to the fact that I have cross-trained in multiple departments, management looks to me to cover multiple departments. Coworkers will also pass customers off to me instead of seeking the answer to the customer's needs on their own. I have requested a merit raise from the store manager several times, and management has not given me an answer, and puts me off when I ask them about it.
Pros
Immediate supervisor shows recognition and appreciation, Coworkers are friendly and caring, Good benefits
Cons
Management will not respond to inquiries for a transfer or a merit based raise, Tenured associates make much more than newer associates regardless of their skills or knowledge
my favorite job
Merchandising Execution Team Associate Lead (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLAugust 25, 2016
I would have stayed in this situation until retirement, but they MET program just does not pay enough money. Loved working for The Home Depot
Home Depot
Stock Clerk/Sales (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 25, 2016
I enjoyed working at home depot and gaining knowledge of home repair and idea. I enjoyed working with most of the people there and helping customers. I did like being held over when other employees did not do there job. Usually we work as a good team.
Pros
Working in a home improvement store to fix home and stock options.
Cons
Held over to do other employee work they were responsible for due manage oversight.
Always learning
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Normandy, ILAugust 25, 2016
Great place to work at just wish management wld look at the little people cuz were the ones that make the store look good and run it. Lead by example. I wish part timers were given more hours been working 6-8 hrs every other week we shld be given set schedules of our choice, wld help with all the call offs the store has
Pros
Always learning something new
Cons
Been a part time associatefor 3 years and still havent been considered for full time
Like to work with customer service.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Puerto RicoAugust 25, 2016
I am a worker that like to be active and always be in the action in my job. Everything that I can do to help is my pleasure to help.
Pros
1 hour lunch, very confortable hours to work.
Cons
healthcare, vacations, sick hours
Good place to start
Paint Associate (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAAugust 24, 2016
It's a great pace to start especially if you are going to college because their schedules are really flexible and they will work with you.
Pros
Great people
Cons
The pay isn't that great
No leadership or communication to employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMAugust 24, 2016
There is absolutely no communication to employees or any flexibility in working with employees with families regarding hours .I was told matter of fact by a Store Manager and Human Resources that those are your hours. Take it or leave it. We have hundreds of applications on file and you can be replaced in a phone call.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No communication from mgmt

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.