The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Overall good place
Merchandising Execution Associate (Current Employee) –  Pelham, ALSeptember 23, 2017
Great place to work while in school or in tradition to another job. The overall cultural is okay. It's a retail environment so majority of the positions are customer facing.
Pros
Paid holidays off if your on the merchandising team
Cons
Very small pay raises with little room for advancement
Can be a good starting job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Warrington, PASeptember 23, 2017
I learned a great deal about paint when I worked in the paint department. With a good team and a cool department supervisor the paint department can be a lot of fun. I also learned a lot about flooring and wall tile in the flooring department.
Cons
Not haveing fixed hours. Morning one day night the next.
fast paced
associate (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 23, 2017
you checked in to your job and 2hrs. later got a 15 min. break --the most enjoyable part of the job was working with the customers--what I learned was how to mix paint
Hard work, Learn new skills and potential for advancement
Freight team member (Current Employee) –  Reston, VASeptember 23, 2017
The work is hard and demanding, the pay is low, but there is a potential to advance. If you are a good worker they can train you to operate equipment. The management is fair, It is work and it pay better then many in this field. If you can work in a specialty department the pay improves.
Pros
I have a very good boss, the company is involved in the community, can learn to operate equipment
Cons
Pay is low and the work is hard.
retail establishment, fast paced
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Geneva, ILSeptember 23, 2017
busy customer service, management unorganized, unclear who was in charge daily, Co- workers fun to work with. Everyone being on the same page for daily output. working with my peers.
Pros
breaks and co workers
Cons
health care and scheduling
home depot
CUSTOMER SERVICE & SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 23, 2017
They were alright I liked my managers that i worked with I was sorta a manager in training I was certified in multiple departments and I usually was always given extra hours do to my work
never boring
Delivery (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 22, 2017
Deliveries is always a busy Department however, If there is no schedule delivery there is always something to do. Help other departments or help customers in the store.
Pros
Helping People
Cons
low wages
Not a bad place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 22, 2017
Good job security if you do your job. Sometimes hard work and sort staffed. Be ready to work other departments you might not have knowledge or training in.
Pros
security
Cons
pay and advancement slow
Do Not Care About Efficiency
Delivery Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXSeptember 22, 2017
Management stuck in time zone of antiquated thinking on efficient daily operations. Many people thrown onto floor without enough shadow including licensing on machinery. Many walk through inspections for "Show", yet not reviewing proper operation from a customer perspective. Also, lack upper management interaction with
subordinates to learn perspective operation needs and employee connection.
Pros
Great Peers, Diverse Customer Base, Great Vendor Relationships
Cons
Long Hours, Poor Wages Compared Other Local Stores, Not Enough Employees, Lack Lean Approach
Face pace fair place towork
Hardware Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lake Park, GASeptember 22, 2017
I maintained all networking equipment at the Dc.
Worked with the people on the floor to maintain equipment and wifi.
worked on printers, laptops desktops and Wi-Fi.
went to different departments to maintain equipment and help the people on the floor.
Pros
enjoyed interaction, accomplishments at the end of day
Cons
changed and salary changes and job description changes.
The Home depot
Supervisor/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, INSeptember 22, 2017
Great company. Benefits are great. The pay is not that great unless you are a salary manager. As a supervisor you are expected to do a lot for only a few dollars over a regular associate.
It's an alright work place with good workers.
Truck Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSSeptember 22, 2017
I would go in at 7 am every morning and unloading trucks, getting only two breaks and then going home. I think the mangers are nice and polite and they work with you a lot of the time. Putting paint on the assembly lines.
Pros
Good work out
Cons
Too much product
Great place to start as a Kitchen Designer
Project Designer/ Kitchen and Bath Designer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 22, 2017
Coming in as a fresh Kitchen Designer, The Home Depot will give you all the tools you need. The only issue for a family person are the hours. The Home Depot went to set hours, 8-4:30,11:30-8 and 1-9.
Pros
Best training ever!
Cons
Pressure to meet sells goal with no customers.
Fast paced and chaotic (in a good way)
Order Filler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CASeptember 22, 2017
My time with depot has been good in some regards, worse in others. Career advancement is encouraged and easy enough, the quality of managment below SM leaves much to be desired as a result. Lack of communication and seasonal workers who don't take the task at hand seriously make it hard to deliver great customer service, though to its credit, HD takes great strides to address this. Overall, it depends on who the managment is in the store you get put in, and you should ask an associate who looks content if the current leadership is worth working for. The current managment in my HD is doing an adequate job in their role, and are supportive of me, and work with me to overcome challenges, and issues I may have, this has not always been the case. Customer service isnt always fun, but Home Depot has kept my years with them memorable and engaging.
Pros
Customers can be fun, paid 15 min break, fast paced
Cons
sometimes the people you work with arent the best.
Great company
Customer service, restock, open (Former Employee) –  Painted Post, NYSeptember 22, 2017
I would have to say the biggest downfall in my experience is favoritism, or childish management. Management was allowed to be married to fellow employees. Which in my experience that is a big no no, management and spouses working in the same small store isn't permitted unless they are equals
Fright Worker
Freight Worker (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHSeptember 22, 2017
being at home depot was good doing stock in the store as well as helping the customers that were in there, stocking the store with the frieght that came in as well as helping customers find things they need for home impovements
Pros
working with the public
Cons
no cons
Working at the Depot
Specialty Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 22, 2017
The Home Depot is a good place to work as long as you're in the right department. I did enjoy working for my supervisor. She was a team player, always looking for ways to make the day easier, helped where ever she could. She also got in the trenches when things got rough. They do make things convenient. There is a CVS, on sight nurse, as well as a workout facility. They do have cookouts during the year that everyone is invited to. The cafe has great food and they have free standing areas where you can purchase good food.
Customer service
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 22, 2017
Excellent place to work. Great organization. Great customer service taught excellent training course.never afraid to ask for help.the Managers were wonderful to work for .fair breaks and lunch. Pay was good. I was pregnant at the time I worked there they were understandable and gave me the time off I needed.
Pros
Team environment
Cons
Poor Pay/ high school student salary
Supervisor/Hiring Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Woodhaven, MISeptember 22, 2017
Would walk in door and before you can even hang your coat up, all you hear is complaints from fellow colleagues on how busy they are and no support from management
Most Enjoyable Part of Job
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 22, 2017
Our customers were fantastic. Being able to come in every morning and once the doors opened, be greeted by some of the best customers ever! My co-workers were super and we all worked as a team to make our store #1.
Pros
Lots of training
Cons
Short lunch breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.