The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Found 18,751 reviews matching the search
Nice job
Equipment trainer (Current Employee) –  Orange, TXSeptember 28, 2016
This is a good job. I just don't see a future for myself as a retail manager. I learned Forklift, Reach Truck, Order Picker, how to lay flooring. Many great skills you pick up while working for this company.
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Missouri City, TXSeptember 28, 2016
The Home Depot is a great place to work. My co-workers are great to work with and management is great as well. We can choose weather we want 30 min or an hour for lunch. my first day there was not as tough as most people say.
Pros
Good benefits and 401k
Cons
none so far
Busy environment, always understaffed
Sales Specialist-Certified Lead Generator (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, NJSeptember 28, 2016
I learned great customer service skills and commercial contractor skills. A typical work day would be switching between departments throughout the store to assist both the Do-It-Yourself and Commercial Contractor customers. Many of the store management were always very helpful. The hardest part of the job was during inventory count and reorganization where it was very taxing physically. I enjoyed working mostly with the customers and making a difference in their shopping experience.
Pros
Overtime, Holiday, Weekends and during the week. Customer relationships.
Cons
Benefits, hours cut most of the time, very little advancement opportunity.
Management is truly involved in employee will being.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Selden, NYSeptember 28, 2016
During a regular day, I am often posted to at least 2 different registers. I am mostly posted at Returns, where a higher level of customer service is needed. The crew at work are a mixed bunch, but all are friendly, warm people. The management here is always concerned about employee well being, they have many moral boosting parties and barbeques I enjoy my customers, most of whom are hard working men and women. Helping them is the best part of the day. Since it is a retail job, I have no set schedule, and must work lots of nights, and that is the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Expert advice on any home improvement project.
Cons
Only hire part time, no benefits.
Love this place
Part-time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXSeptember 28, 2016
I love working at the deposit couldn't ask for a better job working outside with plants all day is so rewarding although I wish the customers had more brains than money
Productive work place
Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXSeptember 28, 2016
I enjoy my working for The Home Depot part time. The management there are professional and handle any employee situation as fair and discreet as possible.
Pros
flexible on work availability
fun place to work
Kitchen Design Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDSeptember 28, 2016
I really like working for Home Depot but it is a part time job. I like the managers and store associates.

I was very impressed by the training I received.. .
Pros
Good manageers
Cons
part time job
Starting out opportunity
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 28, 2016
This is the type of job that values team effort and communication skills. Moving up in the company is based on the level of effort and dedication you apply to your job but at times falls short recognizing valuable employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is making the customers smile and engaging with other staff. Contrary to the belief, most customers are quite pleasant. When a customer is upset though, it's best to keep your composure and not take it personally.
Pros
In store food for holidays and celebrations, success sharing
Cons
Focuses more on negative aspects than the positive-- ie. lack of credit cards being opened, low VOC ratings
Hectic, ever-changing fast paced enviroment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WISeptember 28, 2016
A life in the day of an assistant store manager can be very hectic and rewarding. You have your daily operational functions, customer service, and most importantly your associates to leverage. I am currently a specialty manager so I am involved greatly in customer service. I lead a team of approximately 120 associates and 14 department supervisors as well. The hardest part of my job has been my hours and time away from family I have sacraficed. The most enjoyable is team building. I love to create excitement and fun for customers and associates. Going above and beyond and genuinely surprising people with my willingness to make their day makes my day that much better. I have learned in my past 19 years of retail management that you have to prioritize your day everyday. That being said, you need to change those priorities in a heart beat. Working in a stressful, high demand position is not easy but I take my victories and still celebrate them with my teams. People need to feel important and empowered. You need to listen to be able to communictae effectively with everyone. My teams have always performed for me because I appreciate them. Customers will be greatful to you when you keep the lines of communication open. Bottom line is, be open to change, listen, communicate, and stay focused. These things have brought me my success.
Pros
Benifits, bonus, associate coaching
Productive and Fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 28, 2016
busy yet fun. The hardest part of the job was when we were having promotions and the lines would get back up even with all the lanes open but still enjoyable.
Pros
fun, raises
Cons
allergies
Good work place
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 28, 2016
Great company. Awesome crew. Great pay. Very flexible. Never a dull moment always something to do. You can advance pretty quickly.
Average
Pro Puller (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 28, 2016
Sarcastic work environment, some lazy co workers, others are great to work with, just have to decide which you're going to choose to be. Sometimes scheduling gets messed up and you are slammed with customers, some managers will help you if they are there.
Pros
Benefits, free events.
Cons
Scheduling
Good place to work and gain experience
Deliverys (Current Employee) –  Maplewood, MNSeptember 28, 2016
Been here for a year and a half its a very good work place and you can learn a lot. Also equipment is very helpful here mainly forklift.
Pros
Awards are always giving out to hard workers
Cons
Yearly raise.
fright team experience
FREIGHT ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 28, 2016
home depot downtown dallas #0589 is an incredibly busy location. it is always demanding and takes some persistence to work at. this is not your average home depot. customers can be brutal but the sheer mass of product they move daily with the small staff they keep can really require some hard work and team effort. i really enjoyed my time spent here.
Fun and hard working job
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Croix, VISeptember 27, 2016
My work experience was great ,I enjoy meeting, greeting, and speaking with people. As associates and manager, everyone treated each other like family. The hardest part of this job were dealing with disrespectful customers but as associate I learn how to ignored and still assist them with my help .
Pros
we all got along with each other
Cons
Short breaks
Steady Job
Tool Rental Technician (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CASeptember 27, 2016
The home depot has a friendly environment. Many ways and opportunities to move up in the company. Was able to learn many differant department throughout the store. Coworkers and managment always were helpful whenever I encountered and problems or difficult customers. Was able to enjoy working in the tool rental department because it was a more hands on type of job.
Associates are all fun, good pay, but sucky hours
Cashier (Current Employee) –  TXSeptember 27, 2016
The pay starts at $10.00 and you usually get a raise each year. It's extremely difficult to be Full-Time. Some Associates have +10 years working here. Part-Time hours are so bad. You'll go from having 24hrs one week down to 16hrs the next. Great thing is that you get two 15 minute breaks during your shift (paid of course) and a lunch if you get an 8hr shift.
Pros
Breaks, Free food on Holidays, Success Sharing
Cons
Benefits, short hours
Productive Workplace
District Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 27, 2016
Well managed company with clear cut expectations, and company direction. CEO I actively engaged in the day to day operations. Strong financial base leads to a very secure place to work.
management
Bay Integrity Associate (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILSeptember 27, 2016
The management is great I really loved working at home depot it was more like spending time with family instead of working. we was a family at home depot we supported each other in so many way.
Pros
we always worked together
Cons
It was far from where i lived at the time
produtive workplace with fun and challenging experiences happening every day
Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 27, 2016
typical day working for the home depot as a supervisor includes solving customer issues as they arise while effectively managing your associates to ensure that all assigned tasks are completed in a timely manner. i learned to better my customer service skills as well as time management and other good leadership qualities. the management team has its ups and downs but generally seems to care about the associates. my co workers are a great team of supervisors who try to keep the workplace fun to keep our associates motivated through the day. the hardest and most enjoyable part of my job i find is managing the multiple associates i have while also ensuring that i give customers grade A customer service .
Pros
enjoyable work environment
Cons
unstable work hours