The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Found 19,576 reviews matching the search
Hated it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLDecember 1, 2016
Expected to work every weekend and holidays part time. Requested one weekend off in six months and was cut from 38 hours per week to 20 hours per week. They showed me exactly how they respected their part time employees. If you like politics at the workplace this is for you. Qualifications mean nothing. It's all about who "likes" you.
They put plumbers in garden, carpenters in paint, and electricians in lumber.
Pros
Cons
It's the "Island of Misfit Toys"
Great place to start a career and learn
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CODecember 1, 2016
Home depot is a great place to learn how to run a business. They are a very tech savy company and put a lot of time into training leadership skill. It can be a challenge to find a balance between the schedule requirements and family life.
A fun environment to work in.
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDDecember 1, 2016
As a home depot lot associate you are the first and last team member customers see. It is your your duty to give customers a warm welcome as they enter the store. Other responsibilities include assisting customers with merchandise to their vehicles.
Great workplace without the corporate/management
Sales Associate/Department Supervisor/Key Carrier (Current Employee) –  Miami, FL; Newark, DEDecember 1, 2016
The Home Depot does have decent benefits. Coworkers are the best part of the job, with pleasant customers being the second. Management/constantly changing policies & procedures is the worst. From month to month you don't know how your job will be changed, and the communication between managers is usually non-existent.
productive and friendly workplace
Met Team Associate (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 1, 2016
my day was full of organized work
I learned great people skills
my management was superb
my co workers were friendly also
the hardest part of my job was to build displays
the most enjoyable part was from start to finish
Great co-workers
Backup Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LADecember 1, 2016
Training is very detail oriented, the co-workers are fantastic they are willing to help you out whenever you need it, but the managers need to not to be so bias when it comes to everyone
Pros
great co-workers and the training
Cons
managers have a lot of favoritism
Home depot is a great place to work, you learn as you go, & customers are amazing
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WANovember 30, 2016
I enjoy working with the customers & co-workers. As a front end cashier it's face pace! I work throughout the front end at various positions, returns, pro-cashier, & self checkout!! I assist the service desk as well, answering the phones, releasing orders, & assisting customers with various issues!! I opened over 300 credits from 12/2014 to present. The store manager acknowledges my excellent customer service & other various dept. Heads. Hardest part of job is trying to make younger employees respect experience of older employees
Pros
STORE MANAGER REWARDS EMPLOYEES WITH AWARDS, LUNCHES & RECOGNIZES GOOD WORKERS
Cons
INCONSISTENT BREAKS/LUNCH SCHEDULE, THERE'S A PRINTED SCHEDULE BUT NOT UTILIZED PROPERLY
Great Job for those starting out!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Centerville, OHNovember 30, 2016
I have loved my time with this company and do find that it is very enjoyable to work in most stores.
I do find the pay to be a little low especially for those that take their own time to learn new skills and receive extra training to not receive a pay raise.
I will warn you that if you are part time (I am not) that hours for the most part are very limited through most of the year with the exception of holidays (off seasons you can get as low as 6 hours for the week to 18 hours). You also will not receive benefits if you are only part time.
The good thing is that they do work with school and child care situations as long as you have the paper work to back up your needs.
Pros
great people, good management and great for job experience
Cons
not many oppurtunities to advance within the company.
home depot
Sales Associate/Dept Head (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYNovember 30, 2016
it was alright, it was also a great experience and there was a lot more work to do then people think. Also gave the opportunity to grow.
fun place to work
Special Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 30, 2016
7am review all orders, do filing answer phones, help with customer. it was ok. personnal reason i had to leave.great working conditions.
Pros
great holiday partys
Cons
management turn overs

Want to know more about The Home Depot?

Ask a question
Safe and people friendly
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  McCalla, ALNovember 30, 2016
It was a great place to work for. I learned a lot and had plenty of trainning. They had great insurance and benefits. The harderst part of the job was getting gomfortable with driving forklifts.
A local hardware store where everyone can shop and find things they are looking for but you will most the of time find a lot of contractors and others
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 30, 2016
a typical day at home depot is very busy theirs never a slow day there. You get to meet different kinds of people there everyday and depending on how long you have work there you learn something new about different products from different departments such as, hardware, plumbing, lumber and so on. My job in the store is to check customers out as they finish finding what they need and presenting excellent customer service. You have to be a friendly and fast paced person to work here because lines get crazy and keeping a customer happy and not leaving our store upset is apart of our job. The most enjoyable part is to be able to make the customers experience in our store the best even if they had a hard time finding a item we are there to help and make them feel better and want to come back and shop and maybe look for you especially when they come.
Fun place focuses on contractors
Contractor Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, TXNovember 30, 2016
Typical day consists of building and nurturing relations with contractors, to better understand their needs. Recommendations on materials and processes are always welcomed.
Great environment. Poor management.
Flooring/Paint specialist, Team depot/Kids Captain (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 30, 2016
I loved my job as I was trained in multiple departments. I was also the store captain of the community outreach programs. Great coworkers as well! Management was great the first couple years. Our store was #1 in the district which, given the location, was really awesome! However, they brought in a new store manager and she basically fired all the ASMs and brought in her own people. Our store #s dropped almost immediately. A lot of the full-timers also expressed repeated concerns as they felt they were being pushed out of the company,
Pros
Awesome community outreach, working directly with people
Cons
Poor management
Enjoying customer service all the time
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 30, 2016
Good company and will recommend it to other. The company is very focus in safety issue, which I really appreciated. They are very supportive in pursuing career improvement.
Pros
Good Benifits
Cons
Too much pressure on time frame
great company to work for
Customer Service Representative/Public Relations (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJNovember 30, 2016
Enjoyed working there until i was transferred to a store that wasnt so inviting cool schedule and great benefits overall ppl and staff was a great team i worked on the MET Team when i was there.
Rude coworkers
Delivery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 30, 2016
There was no sense of community or involvement. I was treated poorly constantly and was underpaid for my work. Not a friendly place to work or shop
Great companty
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bennington, VTNovember 30, 2016
I loved working for home depot, great atmosphere and great to work with and for. Always a manager in site when needed and no hassle getting questions answered.
Pros
great lunch breaks always on time
Cons
Fun and educational work environment
Customer service specialist (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORNovember 30, 2016
Great beginner job with high energy and friendly people. Customers have just as much fun as the employees. Hectic when busy but the hrs fly. Very respectable place to work.
Pros
Always driving employees to advance within company
Cons
Not my career ambition
Enjoyable place to work
Merchandising Execution Team (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 30, 2016
The Home Depot is a very enjoyable place to work. The associates are appreciated within the company. Work assignments are clear and concise along with job expectations.
Pros
Clear and concise work instructions.
Cons
Not as fast paced as I'm used to.