The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Amazing team very flexable with hours and fun
STAFF MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 15, 2017
It was great I would definitely work there again. The only problem I had was that they kept taking my hours away even though I worked extremely hard. The night crew seems more better.
loader and unloader
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lanham-Seabrook, MDDecember 15, 2017
loader and under loader of trucks on a daily bases ..worked with people helped the people in the store i like the job but did not like the hours the pay was not great.
Pros
driving
Cons
hours
Customer service
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 15, 2017
I learned how to deal with a large amount of people and I had to multitask a lot I didn't mind it because I was getting paid to do a job. They talked about home and gardening. It was a lot to learn their.
Supervisor Position
Merchandising Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Croix, USVIDecember 15, 2017
As a supervisor you were given great communications on what needed to be done and how to drive your team to be successful.
There was continued training in safety, management, and team development.
Pros
Recognition for going over and beyond. Benefits were good.
Cons
Job Work/Life was difficult due to hours scheduled to work.
stayed busy
Tool Repair Tech (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 15, 2017
customer abuse is worst for me, did enjoy keeping tools repaired and helping those customers that really need it. many became awesome customers for me
Pros
reward of helping those in need
Cons
customer abuse and lack of manger backing of employees
Retai hourly position. No union representation
Appliance Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wadsworth, OHDecember 15, 2017
Best of times, worst of times. Employee lunches,summer picnic,and ,holiday party. Enhanced break room with TV, games, ice machine,and charging station.

Home Improvement product knowledge through on line courses, Locked in nights,weekends,holidays. Passed over entry level management..Heavy lifting, and micro management.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Nights, weekends, holidays scheduled to work.
Good Environment
Human Resource Manager (ASDS) (Current Employee) –  Westbury, NYDecember 15, 2017
Great place to work. Benefits are amazing. I would highly recommend it to a future candidate. The company holds great value of it's people. There is always help and guidance where needed.
Relaxed Paced
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Lapeer, MIDecember 15, 2017
The job itself was standard, working 8 hours a day. I helped assist people with their items that they bought, as well as keeping the lot clean. The people there were friendly as well as helpful.
Home Depot
Millwork Associate (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 14, 2017
I don't approve of the Home Depot because I, and so many others, are scheduled for unrealistically low hours every week. 12-14 hours per week is not uncommon. People can't live off of that kind of pay.
was nice
MET Associate (Former Employee) –  North Kingstown, RIDecember 14, 2017
overall was ok, the job work life balance was awful,
but the compensation ok, the job security was great, however middle management was lacking the culture as a whole needed work.
Always learning something new.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Patchogue, NYDecember 14, 2017
The typical day starts with helping customers, cleaning the aisles and down stocking merchandise. You learn many things regarding tools from contractors and handymen that need products. Management works hard to get things done. The workplace culture is great. The hardest part of the job is not having enough man power during busy hours. The best part about working at the home depot are the people you meet.
Pros
Good benefits. Flexible hours.
Cons
Low pay.
Home Depot
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ukiah, CA 95482December 14, 2017
Home Depot is a great Job in many ways, however pushing credit cards and random items off on each customer as a requirement to rate your work ethnics isn't fair to the employee. I worked two jobs and when I decided to go back to school I left this job even though I was paid more. People have free will to not buy useless items or get credit card, a persons job as a cashier should be customers satisfaction of service not what they buy or how the buy it.
Everyone helps each other
Lumber department (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 14, 2017
I enjoy working at the home depot.helping people and seeing that I there saticfied.I helped someone build something, or fix something out here in this world! I can see this as a career ,learning and moving up and owing my own home depot one day
Pros
Can be a career
Cons
Sbould b open 24 hours
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Park, GADecember 14, 2017
It was an ok job, it was a steady pace job that kept you busy an made you tired. that was a job that you knew for a fact that you had to keep plenty of fluids in you
Fast paced work environment
Cashier / Service Desk / Pro Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Dorchester, MADecember 14, 2017
Hardest part of the job would be if you are unaware of the items sold in each department. Most customers expect employees to know everything in the store.
productive
Kitchen Designer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 14, 2017
home depot was a great job i enjoyed designing stuff meeting new people helping new people speaking with the customers being responsible for various duties as assigned and as needed was great
Pros
great job
Cons
no complaints
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZDecember 14, 2017
My job was to help customers though out the store but my main area was in décor. Selling, stocking, cutting blinds. Answering questions showing customer where things were. I started as a cashier so when it got busy I would jump on a register and help out. I think my favorite position was cashier.
Pros
I loved the customers
Cons
I really do not have any cons.
Home Depot is more than 2200 stores big
Installation Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MADecember 14, 2017
Home Depot has an aggressive policy. The benefit for employees after one year is a chance to work in any part of the US, and make a lot of great friends and good contacts. Learning is on the employee, but always available, and positions from Attorneys to Zamboni do exist, and everything in between.
Pros
If you take care of your manager they will take care of you
Cons
heduling and personality clashes can happen with more than 100 folks in one building
Relaxing Place to Work With the Right Supervisor
Freight Team Associate (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYDecember 14, 2017
The job was really fun to work at when I started, my day typically consisted of me just working carts of product to their home on the shelf. As time went on I was allowed more responsibilities, eventually being allowed to come in earlier than scheduled to help unload the truck and sort the freight, and stay past my schedule to close out the truck and check-in the freight.

I learned a lot about plumbing, as it was a section I worked in quite often, and was able to help out customers with plumbing questions after a few months with little help from the others.

My co-workers and supervisor were very friendly and made me feel like part of the team and I was useful. We never let any personal issues get between us and getting the work done.

Sadly I had to move and transferred to another store, and the situation was the exact opposite, so I had to leave after a month and a half.
Pros
friendly environment, flexible schedule, easy work
Cons
no full time hours scheduled, inconsistent polices between stores
Great Company
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXDecember 14, 2017
Working at Home Depot was great. I learned several different jobs there. Cash register, stocking, Customer service. I hated to leave this job but I returned to school to finish my degree.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.