The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Found 21,519 reviews matching the search
Home Depot
TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAMarch 22, 2017
I enjoyed the hands on aspect of the job and constantly staying busy. I was able to build displays and work with my hands. Handled all of the inventory in the lumber department and kept track of what was being ordered.
Not somewhere I would want to work again.
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Cottleville, MOMarch 22, 2017
Very closed-minded environment. No room for growth. No benefits at all at my level. Not very many benefits further up the chain. Very "cliquey" with a "know your place" mindset from management.
willing to learn
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 22, 2017
should train employees to advance within the company, the people there are amazing. helping the customers made the job fly by. there is too mush favoritism.
A good company
MET Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Central NJMarch 22, 2017
When one takes their job seriously, by coming to work on time and doing what is asked, THD is a good place to work. They can be flexible, and will help you develop yourself. Most management is promoted internally. a majority of senior management started as part time employees.
Pros
Twice annually bonus based on sales for all employees past six months employment, a viable career option
Cons
most jobs not on a steady schedule
Good place
Labor Home Depot (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLMarch 22, 2017
I was working over there as a labor
My boss always congratulate me for my respect and respect my time to work
And I never had warning in my job
All my Co-worker were my friend
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Short breaks
ok to work for
Freight Team Associate (Current Employee) –  Glen Mills, PAMarch 22, 2017
Okay and fun at times. This company is alright to work for just for extra income in the spring and or summer times. This company can do more for employee moral and overall satisfaction for work life balance as a whole
Pros
Horrible management team
Cons
Horrible management team
Poor Leadership
HVAC Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 22, 2017
Great Job with poor leadership and co-worker cohesiveness. Home Depot is a great company, however they do not provide employees with correct benefits to match workload.
productive and fun workplace
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INMarch 22, 2017
The Home Depot is full of nice people that actually care about their employees. The employees are all so nice and friendly as well as the managers and supervisors. It's a workplace that I would highly recommend to friends.
Home Depot
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FLMarch 22, 2017
I was an lot associate dealing with the parking lot pretty much making sure all customers were ok or If they needed any help with taking things to their cars etc.
Thrilling fast paced and exciting
Lumber Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 22, 2017
Working is top notch but wholesome family feeling exist here. Good fantastic working experience derectional and developmental.good stuff. Career builder job development success driven property understanding of the work to life need of staff
Pros
Training
Cons

Want to know more about The Home Depot?

Ask a question
Growth highly encouraged
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  American Fork, UTMarch 22, 2017
This company is one that encourages personal growth and development on a daily basis. If one even shows the slightest interest in pursuing a higher career, they are given every opportunity and tool to do so. In the short time I began working there, several associates who were hired on with me were promoted to full time, including myself, and then to supervisors, in the span of ten months. Overall, it's a great place to place one's self if you want to rise quickly in a retail companies ladder.
colorful
Paint Specialists (Former Employee) –  Grand Chute, WIMarch 22, 2017
The best part of working at the depot was meeting new people everyday. I enjoyed helping the customers find the right product for their needs. I learned a lot about all areas of construction and interior design while working there.
A place to grow
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 22, 2017
Working for the Home Depot store was a good way to learn the skills needed to pave the road for a great career. The management team provided the tools necessary to advance in the work field.
I love working for Home Depot it's a great place to work
Customer service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 22, 2017
One thing I can say about this company Home Depot this the best job I ever had and will be great job for anyone it's a lot to learn they have a lot to offer great people great customer great benefit it teach you how to fix build and sell products
Good temporary part-time job
Freight Team Associate (Former Employee) –  Cedartown, GAMarch 22, 2017
I won't even shop at home depot because of how they treated me as an employee. I loved the job, unloading trucks and stocking shelves. I learned alot of valuable job experience there but I was eventually laid off because of poor management. Unless you're friends with someone higher up, you're expendable. Pay is horrible.
Pros
Lengthy breaks, valuable work experience
Cons
Minimal pay, no job security, poor management, low hours
Productive, fun, fast-paced work environment
Lumber and Building Materials Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 22, 2017
A typical day consists of assisting customers in product knowledge and selling all and every product associated with their project. Rush hour begins around 10am everyday until about 3:00 pm, which can be a pretty big rush.
The culture is pretty enjoyable and has its pros and cons, just like any other customer service job.
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping a customer who has little to no idea with a home project they are working on. Helping make sure they leave with the knowledge and know-how of how to attack their project makes the job enjoyable.
Pros
enjoyable work environment, company outings
Cons
short breaks, always on your feet.
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CA 91351March 22, 2017
I love working for The Home Depot. Everyday i look forward to going to work and having a fun enthusiastic positive place to work. its very fast past and hard work, i enjoy meeting new faces everyday and helping the customers.
Pros
positive atmosphere
Cons
i cant get full time hours
Fun work place, fitness center on campus
Accounts Payable Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 21, 2017
Very professional but relaxed. Family cultured, Well lit, I learned how to up price and discount products. How to perform overviews for the financial business to its suppliers shown as liabilities. The hardest part of the job was having to sit for long periods of time balancing spreadsheets. The most enjoyable part of the job is the convenience of never having to leave the building for anything i.e. lunch, workout, dry cleaners etc.
Pros
Nonstop Shop convenience of restaurants, news stands, dry cleaners
Cons
short breaks, have to work an entire year before paid vacation or holidays
Very Racist & unprofessional environment.
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 21, 2017
Hours are horrible because they dont give over time, and no set schedules. I learned nothing. Management was awful and inconsistent. I wouldnt recommend Home depot to people that are serious about making money. This a job fit for high school or beginner jobs.
Pros
I waited outside home depot for Day labor
Day Labor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 21, 2017
Sadly, I was only picked up once. I tried many mornings to work Day labor, but it was only a simple gig similar to a gig I had at a restaurant in Lake Charles Louisiana. In Lake Charles I made 40 dollars in 3 and half hours but in Washington DC when I was picked up for day labor at Home Depot I made 20 dollars in just one hour!
Pros
20 dollars in one hour
Cons
I was only picked up once

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.