The Home Depot Employee Reviews

An amazing company to work for with exceptional management.
Key Holder/Department Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 17, 2017
Home Depot was one of the best Job I ever had. I was forever learning something new and exciting. Management was always looking out for the best interest of their associates. The workplace culture was superb. There wasn't anything hard working there and every day that I walk in the store was an enjoyable journey.
Cashier
Cashier Certified (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaOctober 17, 2017
as head cashier and also as an opening one you would set up the registers set up the front end manage the war board which shows whos schedule and who needs breaks and lunches.
Weekends
Receiving Associate (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNOctober 17, 2017
I like working at The Home Depot because it essentially allows me to have weekends off every week. That helps me a great deal in my personal life. As a part-time worker, I also get some benefits, which do not exist for many part-time employees at other jobs. The wages are fine and competitive for the area and job title and hours. The hardest part of the day is the days that trucks need to be unloaded and placed on shelves, and the easiest part is having hardworking associates joining in to complete team tasks.
Pros
Short work shifts
Cons
Hard to advance and get job promotions
I liked the environment
Asset Protection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 17, 2017
I liked the people that i worked with they were awesome. My problem came in when I decided to switch departments. The Manager that I wound up working for was ridiculous. He used to have this way about him that made my skin crawl and I'm a man so I could only imagine how women felt around him.
Pros
your coworkers tend to be awesome
Cons
incompetent management
productive, fun
System Analyst, Sterling Commerce OMS Architect (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 17, 2017
productive work space.
Agile development.
Friendly people.
No work remote.
pair programming.
Great place to work and advance.
Key Carrier (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 17, 2017
Employees really care about each other and for the most part work together to accomplish the same goal. All about customer service and putting people first.
Pros
Sick time, get more vacation time every year
Cons
Work hours
Bad
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCOctober 17, 2017
Just overall bad place to work they do not care about the employee they just treat you like a number the have no respect for peopl you leave from work feeling like the scum of the earth
Pros
Time
Cons
Everything about it
Corporate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 16, 2017
This place only cares about making money. not about the employees that they pretend to love....management cares about there own advancement and do thier best to cover up the poor management of those of whom have a established amount of time with the company. even if they don't know what they are doing or are blatantly a poor people supervisor
Five
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 16, 2017
I really love working for Home Depot its a great work place and has alot to offer. You get the chance to help ever customer around the store and get them whatever they need to help solve there problem at home big or small. Only thing that i didnt like is that i had to leave because i had to relocate and ask for a transfer and didnt get one i live two blocks from The Home Depot near my home and couldnt get one so i had to leave. Try reapplying to the home store near me no reply as of yet.
Pros
great place to work it love the company
Cons
needed a transfer to the home depot near to where i live. never got to
its ok
Garden Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 16, 2017
sometimes a good place to work at sometimes I really hate it I recommend this job to students. I as a student have learned a lot working at home depot.
Pros
15 min break every 2 hours
Cons
management
The potential to meet people from different backgrounds was a great opportuntely
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 16, 2017
The overall team of people you meet at the home Depot are awesome to work with. Unfortunely some of the Management team doesn't live up to the motto of "Home Depot standards of taking care of Our Customer's taking of Ourselves and taking Care of each Other". Some of the management team doesn't look out for their employees as much as they would like for people to believe.
Pros
The pros were sometime food would be provided on some holidays, A food pantry was porvided for people who didn't bring or forgot thier lunches, Everyone could bring something to contribute to the pantry, Anyone could use the pantry if needed
Cons
The cons were most of the jobs are part-time only, Most of those part-time jobs were short hours only, Rarely did full-time hours open up, Working shor hours didn't provide enough income, Short hour didn't allow you to afford the insurence needed, Making enough money to pay bills was out of the question.
Decent Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYOctober 16, 2017
I was about to be promoted to head cashier but I found another job that was full time with benefits. This job was great, they like to feed you and are understanding of things that happen, like being late because my cab was late.
Lack of Support, stressful at times
Freight Team Associate (Former Employee) –  El Cerrito, CAOctober 16, 2017
Its a good company to work for in general terms. However, the specific store location and general culture of the store can ether can be perfect opportunity for positive growth or a manifestation of transgression. In my time working for the company has giving me collective bag of mix emotions. Each day you are relying on the support of fellow associates which is fine if there are the proper amount of associate cover the demands of store. On average there is rarely the proper of support in my experience. Therefore individuals who are motivated and hard working are usually carrying the majority of the work to make of for lack of the work force. So the company is really good but it really depends on which store you work for are a satisfactory experience.
Pros
good people, reasonable management, safe environment
Cons
lack or support, stressful workload
Average Retail possition
Paint Department Associate (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTOctober 16, 2017
Fully engaged in daily stocking of departmental shelves and processing custom paint mixing orders.

added more experience in paint application and paint production.
Productive fun workplace it’s like we’re a family
Home Depot Cashier (Current Employee) –  Allen Park, MIOctober 16, 2017
A day at Home Depot is a fast pace, fun place. Everyone is like a big happy family. The managers are understanding and know we’re all human. The most enjoyable part is seeing the customers recognize you and want to come to your line
Cons
Not a terrible place to work
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MAOctober 16, 2017
It’s not bad. Of course there is a few bad apple supervisors and can pay better but great benefits. It’s hard to advance because they say they hire from within but hire military background applicants.
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYOctober 16, 2017
One store is not the same to another store but every store is always friendly. The feeling you get working there is an excellent vibe and is always enjoyable.
Productive and fun workplace
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTOctober 16, 2017
It's one of the most fun relax lay back fast paced environment to work in you do not feel pressured the workload is evenly distribute so it's never a problem for associate to get their individual work finish
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not enough overtime
N/a
Stocker/Placer (Current Employee) –  Huntington Park, CAOctober 16, 2017
Cool place to work. Management needs help communicating. Customers aren't to bad here. Employees are mice and fast . Gets the job done a lot faster. Good job
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Communication
If you dont mind working with a bunch of older people.
Currently been in and out of Temp assignments (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 16, 2017
I was a Merchandising execution associate. I mostly dealt with seasonal resets. cross merchandising with all our store brands and sponsers and inventory. Overall its the position i kept the longest in my work history.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.