The Home Depot Employee Reviews

No good manageement
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 17, 2018
It was a part time job. But when manager assigned a time, it was unfair. And my job was too difficult due to load and unload for a heavy concretes and stones.
Cons
Homedepot is a good company
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Cutler Ridge, FLJanuary 17, 2018
The position for which I work I learned how to operate machinanery how to stock and maintain shelves. and how to have the store grand opening ready for customers meaning sweeping floors shelf maintenance and disposing of trash.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
A lot of fast pace and hard work
Great place to learn
Paint Associate (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJanuary 17, 2018
Home Depot gives most people a chance to learn and grow, I have not had that experience. I have tried many times to learn new things but have been denied other rolls in the company.
Pros
Bonus checks, 5 paid holidays a year
Cons
No hiloday pay or time off for Easter, insurance too high
Very busy environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Passaic, NJJanuary 17, 2018
There is never a slow day, the Home Depot is a place where you’ll be moving at all times. Great employees as well as managers. A lot of interaction with different people at all times.
Decent place to work
Paint Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 17, 2018
It was a fun place to work, management was always helpful and the employees were friendly. There were allot of incentives for you to achive different levels of training.
Fast pace environment
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Chalmette, LAJanuary 17, 2018
Home depot is a job of constant lifting building relationships with co worker and dealing with all incoming customer
Maintain a clean and professional manner while dealing with customers
great place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Delano, CAJanuary 17, 2018
not the best pay for someone with a degree but its great for someone who want to grow to be a manager i recommend HD in behalf of their benefits their great
Pay Sucks!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aspen Hill, MDJanuary 17, 2018
Very low pay for hard labor job! Lack of hours. Lack of fulltime work. I worked there for over a year waiting for a full-time position to open. I was never given seniority when it became available. Instead, a new employee was hired to take that full-time position that opened up.
benefits
Cons
very low pay
Thrown to the wolves
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 17, 2018
Was a very cut throat job in the sense it felt as if I was thrown on the floor just to fail.I had called off twice in one week due to throwing up and feeling nauseas on consecutive days to only end up being fired after that for “poor attendance”.At the end it was hard to learn when all you had was a computer teaching you everything else but the hands on work.
Not enjoyable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 17, 2018
Local management did not care much about individual employees. Scheduling was a problem as associates would be scheduled to midnight and two days later scheduled to open at 5am.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, bad scheduling

Want to know more about The Home Depot?

Ask a question
Productive, Hard work, Hands on
Freight Team Associate (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAJanuary 16, 2018
I worked freight which I did not mind at all because that is what I was hired for, I also restock the shelves, broke down the boxes and put it in the bailer. I have done all of this before except power pack down in which a young lady who I felt was to young to be train to be an assistant Supervisor start yelling at me and cursing at me on my second day at work because we had to do power pack down all night Saturday night and we did not get off of work until 7 am Sunday morning.
Pros
Learning where the merchandise is located, Staying updated on the merchandise by taking a test on the computer every week
Cons
No-oneteaching you about Power Pack down, learning certain aisle on your own
productive fun place to work for
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJanuary 16, 2018
good company to work for fun quick pace team work coworkers friendly home depot was loud exciting every day to meet new customers help every one. home depot would teach you a lot of deco plumbing kitchen and bath.
It is a culture of productivity.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Sicklerville, NJJanuary 16, 2018
Productive workplace with lots of benefits and perks.There is great potential for training and college education from strategic partners like Kaplan University, Bellevue and Phoenix University to mention a few.
Productive fast paced job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CAJanuary 16, 2018
Everyday as a cashier I was require great the customers while they walked by or if they just enter the store as well as accurately ringing up the customer. I learned great people and problem solving skills that helped aid the company in sales production. The management was very understanding to work and personal related problems, they worked their hardest to accommodate the needs the employees and customers at all times. Although the most difficult part of the job was ringing up the customers at a fast pace all while doing it accurately. And at the same time was the most enjoyable part was it being fast paced all while interacting with the customers.
Pros
Dental insurance plan and free snacks in the breakroom
Cons
No carrer advancment, limited hours and no overtime
Great company to work for at first. Changed CEOs, bad
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 16, 2018
I moved up In company from cashier to learning to e an assistant manager. It was a great company till they changes CEOs to Bob Nardelli. He changed a lot of operations and shortened staff. A lot of customers shopped elsewhere after the changes.
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Cons
Poor management
Horrible
General Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 16, 2018
it truly sucks Rate this company*required
Overall rating*
Great enviornment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJanuary 16, 2018
The management team is very helpful and efficient. They are willing to work with you if you have any scheduling conflicts or need time off. Great coworkers, as well.
Pros
Free lunches, good management
Cons
Short Breaks
very relaxed place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 16, 2018
very good place to work if you like to be hands-on and enjoy home improvement retail. the management is also very good and professional well the store that I worked in.
Pros
1 hr break discounts and great benefits
Cons
no cons really
Excellent
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 16, 2018
Great place to work. Lots of hours and great co workers fun fast paced environment . Home Depot is an excellent work place to learn about home improvement
great first retail job
HR associate/ scheduler/ Back-up cashier (Current Employee) –  North Bergen, NJJanuary 16, 2018
The home depot is an excellent company to work for. whether you want to earn a quick dollar, or grow within the company itself, home depot puts the power in your hands. a typical day at work consist of working the schedules for the store, processing interview packets and answering any calls that comes through the phone. I've learned how to manage my time and how to effectively work alongside cooperate and management to get a job done and overlook the needs of the business. The most enjoyable part of working for the home depot is being able to help the associates along with management and making a difference in the lives of my associates.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.