The Hotel del Coronado Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Beautiful property with a great view of the ocean as well.
Front Desk Agent, Sales (Former Employee) –  Coronado, CASeptember 19, 2013
Super looking Hotel with great customer services for the whole company and their clients as well.
Pros
Cafe meals for the employees
Cons
wish I was still there
The Hotel Del Coronado has it's ups and downs. Overall - ok to work for.
Group Reservations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coronado, CAJune 5, 2013
The Del has great training in reservations. Taking reservations and enjoying conversations with the potential guests and groups was great and I enjoyed every one of them. I had top sales of the newly erected Beach Cottages and was a great sales person - not because I was selling something that I didn't believe warranted the cost, but just the opposite. I loved this job.

When the changes were implemented it was as if a sledgehammer came down on the department and employees of many years started transferring out immediately.

There is little reasonable assistant management support and a lot of pressure by them. The manager takes up a lot of the slack and it is sad that he would have to since that is what the assistant is for. The wages were low for the expectancy of the crew and there was very little room for single mothers of small children who had no outside support. No flexibility.
Pros
Guests and clients. Diversity in every day of work. Free meals.
Cons
Low wage for a lot of responsibility & don't have a family to raise if you want to work here.