The House of the Good Shepherd

The House of the Good Shepherd Employer Reviews

Sanctuary Model of Care
RECRUITMENT & RETENTION MANAGER (Current Employee), Watertown, NYJuly 15, 2014
This agency practices the Sanctuary Model of Care with it's clients, families and staff. Although the filed is stressful, they recognize the need for self care and encourage staff to utilize it.
Would highly recommend this facility for a loved one
Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Hackettstown, NJFebruary 21, 2014
Excellent health care facility providing quality nursing care to those in need of a sub-acute or long term care nursing facility.
Not a very warm place to work.
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Tilton SchoolSeptember 1, 2013
Pros: some people were great to work with.
Cons: no union and no protection. they can fire you for no reason.
I worked there for 26 years and then was fired saying I wasnt doing my job. They decided this after 26 years. I was working 20 hours of OT per week also. I know they have fired numerous people with years invested in their programs. Why is that? The benefits were ok I wouldnt say great and if you dont believe in their philosophy that children are not – more... held responsible for their actions, you will not make it working there. – less
Overview
Program Supervisor Residential Treatment Center (Current Employee), Utica, NYMay 14, 2012
There is no typical day at work, I have learned many things about how to help families in need. The management at The House of the Good Shepherd is open, and willing to talk out problems which have presented themselves throughout the day. I have enjoyed working a lot with my co-workers, they are extremely creative & motivated individuals. The hardest – more... part of my job is knowing that sometimes you can't make a difference in the lives of every child that we deal with. The most enjoyable part of my job is learning later that we have made a difference. – less
I highly recommend The House of The Good Shepherd.
LPN (Former Employee), Hackettstown, NJApril 28, 2012
Pros: high standards of patient care. job security.
Cons: an uncooperative nurse's aide, which was usually resolved.
I worked at The House of The Good Shepherd for 32 years. I was a Certified Nurse Aide for 18 years, then attended nursing school, and became an LPN for the remaining 14 years.
I was a staff nurse on the night shift in Assisted Living, where I was responsible for 60 residents, and also residents in Independent Living. I worked with one Certified Nurse – more... Aide, answering call bells, meeting the needs of the residents, and administering medications in the A.M. I collected urine specimen for the lab, charted /documented, completed the monthly turnover of the medication administration record, and responded to emergency situations efficiently.
I valued my good relationship with my nursing supervisor and all staff, from nursing to housekeeping.
The hardest part of the job was finishing the med pass as planned, as a resident might have concerns that required more listening time, or the occurrence of an emergency.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of knowing that I was serving others, and encouraging them. – less
valuable community service
Accounts Payable Accountant (Former Employee), Utica, NYMarch 31, 2012
There was job security until the sudden "workforce reduction" was implemented. The revenue was decreasing due to fewer County placements of children into residential care.

The agency theme is "changing children's lives", the plan being to help troubled children improve their situations and lead productive lives.

Has a great benefit package.
Possibility – more... for job advancement. – less