The Hunger Project seeks a full-time Program Associate for Latin America and South Asia Programs to work at the headquarters office based in New York City. The Program Associate will be under the supervision of the Impact & Influence Program Officer and directly accountable to the Executive Vice President for the following: support country teams with the successful and efficient implementation of the programs of The Hunger Project in Latin America and South Asia; provision of accurate and timely reports; support monitoring and evaluation priorities; and work in partnership with fundraising, advancement and communications on specific tasks.
- Facilitate the preparation of program annual budgets and quarterly financial reports
- Support the GO in preparing timely and accurate internal program reports (quarterly Activity Reports, Trip Reports and bi-yearly Board Reports)
- Act as one of the primary "points of contact" between field program staff and the Global Office by organizing and participating in weekly calls and regular email communications
- Provided technical support and coordinate capacity building activities of country teams through needs assessments, providing online training materials and other local resources
- Assist the Fundraising/Advancement Department in external reporting for investors, grant proposals and reporting, and foundation reporting
- Collect, edit, translate and produce materials for:
Internal management, quarterly activity reports, and board reports
THP public website and investor communications
Fundraising, grant proposals, and follow-on reports
Public presentations on the work of THP in Latin America and Asia
- Provide research support for industry trends & practices. Maintain internal databases and information systems for clear communications across the THP global network
- Be responsible for all administrative functions of the Latin America and South Asia Program in the Global Office and assist the Executive Vice President in administrative matters, including travel, translations, calendar, and public inquiries
- Work as part of the Global Office program team to advance the priorities of THP.
- Other program related responsibilities as needed.
- An understanding of, and experience with, issues of international development with work experience in an NGO or foundation focused on international development preferred
- MA in International Development or related field
- Proficiency in Spanish required
- Willingness to travel to rural areas in Latin America and South Asia
- Maturity and disposition to work with colleagues from diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Experience working in a fast-paced, time-sensitive work environment
- Excellent research, analytical, and writing skills with attention to detail
- Commitment to THP’s mission and programs
Commensurate with experience. This is a full-time exempt position.
Indeed - 20 months ago
The Hunger Project (THP) is a global, strategic organization committed to the sustainable end of world hunger. In Africa, Asia and Latin...