The ICEE Company Employee Reviews

Great place to get my start
District Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bridgeville, PAApril 21, 2017
I loved my job at ICEE . The office hours were great and the commute was great. The hardest part of the job was leaving! I would recommend ICEE to anyone.
Just a job
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILApril 4, 2017
The experience of a tech can vary from service center to service center. Generally speaking, the service centers that continually have high turn over or are short-handed tend to be the worst. The shortcomings of management are taken out on the technicians.

Not enough technicians at the branch?
- Force current techs to work 10+ hour days on 6-day work weeks for months on end. This is especially common during the summer.

Company operates almost entirely re-actively, and very seldom proactively.

They tend to lean heavily on competent technicians to make up for incompetent technicians. Then they drag their feet on doing anything about the incompetent techs.

Favoritism can be a real problem. New techs are expected to learn everything and be trained on all equipment. Long-time techs often aren't expected learn the newest equipment.
Pros
company vehicle
Cons
favoritism, high-turnover rate
no room for advancement compensation below what is required of you
Logistics Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 15, 2017
minimal pay for what is required of you and no room for advancement unless you are related to someone. very high expectations with no incentive or compensation.
Pros
job security 4 day work schedule
Cons
no room for growth minimal pay
Stable company great people to work with.
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 31, 2017
Excellent experienced supervisors middle and upper management. A great fun place to work and have a career, great compensation they treat there employee well. Regular performance and safety incentives.
Pros
Stable, great pay, benefitsroom for advancement.
Cons
Long hours possible work on weekends.
Will be told starting salary is 32000 but will pay 22000
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 17, 2017
Company is based solely around you you will stock truck stock warehouse unload truck everything yourself but In my opinion try to negotiate salary before hand
Pros
Free icee
Cons
Not worth working there
great company
Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 28, 2016
friendly staff and management. easy to get along with. security access. safe work environment. Great teamwork. wish I was not on a temporary assignment.
Pros
work environment
Cons
temp assignment
Enjoy the reviews
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  utahOctober 3, 2016
Its pretty easy to tell which reviews of this company were cooked up, and which are real..This was a good company to work for , 20 years ago. I was fired after 21 years of employment here. Most of that was my fault, but the issues could have been worked out. I was a route driver, service tech and worked up to be a service manager. Went back to being a tech, and made 5000 more, per year when I did so.

Training is awful, and turnover is quite high. A management position here is a downgrade in pay. Very little extra money for 12 plus hour days. I regret every year I spent with this company after the first five and wasted a nice chunk of my life. Poor pay, and a lack of trust among all. No confidentially regarding a person medical issues. If something was going on, the whole office knew about it.

The worst part was a lack of safety on the job sites. Having to use a Home dept ladder to go on to the roof of a 7-11. No fall protection. No way to get parts to the roof of said store. Constantly making due, and hoping it would get better.

Life is too short to work jobs.
worst company to seek a career
Jumper Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Southeast. regionAugust 3, 2016
Lack structure in management. No training. Good old boys hiring. No job security when offer .not a long term position.no tools or in feild training. Out date of. If working. Bad equipment given to offer customers. Bad traveling arrangements. No customer service
Pros
ok pay
Cons
no training. given after employed .
bad repair company
Technician (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 22, 2016
this is the worst company to work for. we where pushed to do hack job repairs and bs customers. over worked and under payed, most of the "techs" did not know how to use a multi meter let alone refrigeration gauges.

no not work for the icee company or let them work on your machines
Pros
easy
Cons
low pay, hack job repairs. cameroas, bs rulls, 6-12hr days
Terrible place to work
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 19, 2016
ICEE is not a good place to work. Promised a raise and never received one also they are slow to give you your evaluation raise which is only a 2.5% raise. Management on all levels do not care about their employees period. The company vehicle that is provided has a camera in it and they call you out for yawning, sneezing, or blowing your nose. Overall this company is a joke.
Pros
Cons
everything

Want to know more about The ICEE Company?

Ask a question
fast past environment
Assistant, Accounting (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 16, 2016
I supported my account executives with new clients, process payments for corporate accounts and made collections calls.
Strong Team environment with full focus on excellent customer service
Call Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 23, 2015
Great place to work overall with focus on training employees to their fullest. Team driven and a very strong focus on excellent service given to the customer. Employee recognition given to keep morale up and appreciation to the employees acknowledged.
ok place to work
Management of Accounts Payable and Accruals (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 11, 2015
need to redo management, the most enjoyable are the friends you make, the hardest part is to listen to people complain about how other people dp there work, they need more incentives; more structure
This Company has given full support in developing my career
Call Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 10, 2015
This company taught me strong team management and helped me grow in my career as a manager of a very fast-paced invironment that focused completely on customer service satisfaction. This company has always taken care of me and has given me such a great opportunity to run a very important department.
Pros
Company Team involvement with every employee
What I learned
Service Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 29, 2015
The various machines and the way i had to troubleshoot them to see the quality of the machine run. Getting trained on a new machine and newer modules of machines I was already trained on. Co-workers and myself sharing all ideas on troubleshooting the various machines.
Pros
Learned geographical areas where the machines are, installed and troubleshoot
Cons
N/a
Too much work
BILLING/CONTRACT ANALYST (Former Employee) –  OntarioJuly 15, 2015
Too much work, they need to hire more personnel to lessen the stress. Need to offer more room for advancement, people will stick around longer.
Great company to work for.
Installer/Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 8, 2015
The Icee company is a great company to work for if your looking to get into the beverage business. I had the opportunity meet some great people and understand how the beverage business works.
very limited opportunities
Refrigeration/Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 1, 2015
a technician has very limited opportunities and little room to excel in this company. extremely micromanaged from the top to the bottom
no appreciation no organization
field service tech. (Former Employee) –  south carolinaJanuary 1, 2015
good entry level company to start a service tech. career. manager is not organized or easy to work for, long hours and no set time to end your day. Don't expect any structure or support from manager.
Pros
fun career, take home vehicle
Cons
never know when your day will end, not alot of opportunity to advance, camera inside vehice
fun work enviroment
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GADecember 29, 2014
Great company to work for if you get pass the rules the manager at shop understands personal needs and trys to work with you
Pros
no supervision work at own pace
Cons
camarea in company vechile

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The ICEE Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6