The Idea People are looking for a gifted, cutting edge, web designer from the Charlotte, NC area to join our elite creative web design team at one of Charlotte's leading digital agencies. This designer will be responsible for end-to-end development and should know how to utilize the latest web standards to bring to life clients' brands in all aspects of digital media. You'll be working on all sorts of big-time projects from start-up clients with huge social networking sites to CMOs and their corporation's next big thing in a casual agency environment. Excellent salary with health-care benefits. Your portfolio must reflect the current design trends and UX standards.
The Idea People web designers are original thinkers who transform creative concepts into digital masterpieces using the Adobe CS6 Creative Cloud. Working hand-in-hand with our technology and marketing practices, web designers are team players, skilled at matching strategic direction with appropriate results for the Internet and Web-based marketing initiatives. Attention to detail combined with the ability to conceptualize and execute your ideas in an original and artful way is essential.
The Idea People - Web Designer/Developer Qualifications
- Associate’s Degree in Design or related field
- A pro at understanding user experience and being able to reflect that in your designs
- A minimum of 3-years professional experience (Ad agency or Corporate/In-house Production a plus)
- A strong artistic and visual eye for design, applicable to both web and print-based projects
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud CS6
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment while maintaining quality standards
- Knowledge of SEO and web standards
- Solid understanding of designing for the web, including its limitations and challenges (Responsive, mobile, tablet)
- Organized and detail-oriented – must be able to quality assess own work
- Ability to collaborate as part of a team or work individually
- Eager to learn new techniques and technologies
The Idea People - Web Designer/Developer Responsibilities
- Produce cutting-edge website designs that provide for the ultimate return on a client's financial investment. Designs should have marketing analysis, calls to action concept, user interface, user interaction, search engine optimization (SEO) techniques, and overall effectiveness.
- Staying on top of industry tools, trends and ideas to be used in overall cohesiveness, functionality and appearance of websites. Current examples include responsive designs, sticky footers, social media widgets, jQuery Sliders, navigation tools, page layout templates, etc.
- Collaborate with website coordinators, clients, developers, programmers, management and other team members to develop, maintain and produce websites for clients in multiple industries.
- Create Email Blasts and Campaigns including deployment through programs from Mailchimp to Campaign Monitor
- Work with clients to update and maintain existing website designs and content via source view (notepad) or Content Management Systems (CMS)
The Idea People - Web Designer/Developer Essential Skills
Strong creativity, organization, attention to detail, communication and ability to provide conceptual and strategic solutions. This is a wonderful opportunity for you to make contributions to our company on a daily basis, collaborate on both small, medium and large web community sites, become a genuine part of a real team, and have your creativity be both “seen and heard”. You must also possess a sense of humor, enjoy an open work environment, partake in occasional company-paid lunches and events, thrive in a creative loft-style office suite, and absorb all of the “trappings” that a cool agency environment enjoys.
The Idea People - Web Designer/Developer Software/Coding Skills
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Acrobat, MAMP, Subime Text 2, FileZilla or Transmit, MAMP, Sublime, MS Office, Skype, Dropbox, Basecamp, and more.
- Ability to Hand-code HTML & CSS to web standards in all major browsers
- Understanding and respect for web standards, validation, compatibility and prior experience with associated testing tools
- Love responsive design and have a keen mind for UX
The Idea People - Web Designer/Developer Bonus Skills
- Mobile web and/or app experience
- Marketing knowledge or background
- Previous agency experience
- Video editing skills
Who are The Idea People?
The Idea People are a web technologies & marketing firm. Since 1994, we have excelled in combining creative web design with speed-to-market technology applications. We thrive on inventing new technology expressions that help our clients make more money. Our company founders actually work in, around, and on the business every day just as they did 19 years ago. We didn't invent team and client collaboration or a fast-moving work environment...it just happened as a result of the type of work that we do. Check out our website to see the full story on our journey from Greenville, SC to Atlanta to Charlotte...it's a fantastic read. Oh, and if you're qualified to contribute to our web development practice, please remember to submit your credentials for consideration.
More About Us
- Located in the heart of the creative community.
- Brand new loft-style interior. Old warehouse setting.
- State of the art equipment (all brand-new Mac environment) and the latest software.
- We offer the best healthcare plan available at no cost to you.
- We often cater lunches or take everyone out to lunch.
- We work. We're serious about working. We have a great facility (minus the pool table and basketball court!)
Indeed - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard