The Idea People in Charlotte are searching for an experienced content writer and researcher to join our content marketing team. Content writing and marketing are critical components for our clients’ online marketing and search engine ranking goals. If you are impassioned about writing and producing great content, we would like to meet with you.
You will thrive in this position if you have a strong work ethic, an ability to create multiple concepts from a single objective and an open mind to feedback.
Content Writer Responsibilities:
This position is for professionals that want to contribute, learn, grow and work hard.
- Researching content, assisting in content strategies and building editorial calendars
- Research and writing of weekly blog posts and web pages for clients
- Distribute client content across various social media and content channels
- Manage and monitor social media accounts for all clients
- Update and maintain website content for clients
- Collaborate with internal teams and agency clients
- You have digital camera skills and can use a Mac computer.
- Meet project deadlines as assigned
Content Writer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related field
- Demonstrated experience writing, proofreading and editing content
- Superb grammar, spelling, sentence structure and thought organization skills
- Experience using WordPress and Google products
- Able to successfully organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects - multitasking
- High level of confidence in your writing and editing skills – “zero error” goals
- Excellent interpersonal skills including strong verbal, listening and written communication
- Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate in a no-ego environment
- Present yourself and communicate with others in a professional, business culture
- You are dedicated to a professional career as a content writer and marketer
- You have established professional work ethics – you instill quality and pride in your work
- Desire to learn about client business lines ranging from medical to manufacturing to real estate to whatever is assigned – adapting to different writing styles
- Fast thinker, not afraid to contribute meaningful nuggets of wisdom and fresh perspectives
- Must enjoy the web and emerging technologies
Other Position Details
- Full-time position, 8:25am – 5:35pm and as needed, Monday-Friday
- Work directly with agency management and clients
- Enjoy brainstorming and creative idea sessions.
- Salary range upper $20’s with performance raises
- Company-paid health insurance and agency perks
REQUIRED: Send your professional resume with writing samples/links. If any of this is missing, you will not be considered for this job.
NO recruiters, NO out-of-Charlotte area applicants, NO off-shore companies, NO freelancers. This is a full-time job in Charlotte NC. Moving expenses are not paid for this position.