tiag is an innovative management and technology services company with a leading reputation in providing superior technology engineering and management results. All of our staff are experts in both business and technology and bring a comprehensive discernment to advising on relevant technologies. Our customers choose us because we understand their business and the role and impact technology can have on their business processes. They keep us because we deliver value beyond the scope.
tiag has been awarded a contract to provide solutions architect technology support to United States Army Medical Information Technology Center (USAMITC) located at FT Sam Houston, TX. We have an immediate requirement for a Virtualization Architect (1.0 FTE) to support USAMITC’s Solutions Architect team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works with a team of virtualization subject matter experts to review, analyze, propose, test, and implement leading edge technology solutions to address USAMITC’s mission to provide enterprise IT solutions to the AMEDD.
- Analyzes current and newly proposed information technology solutions to determine appropriateness in meeting focal customer needs.
- Establishes, maintains, and promotes close working relationships with DoD, MHS, AMEDD, private industry, and other Federal representatives on issues addressing technology-based solutions in support of the AMEDD’s healthcare mission.
- Generate architectural blueprint designs as part of an IT consolidation project.
- Assist in the strategic plan to lead the transition of the existing server environment into a virtualized consolidated server environment.
- Supports team members, third parties, and technology counterparts within the organization in the implementation of virtual architecture solutions at a system level.
- Provides expertise on IT issues and trends, develops and recommends virtual solutions and strategies for technical challenges.
- Conducts customer system-wide technical analysis, research, and evaluation of existing systems infrastructure.
- Coordinates with Government project/program managers to achieve timely delivery of effective solutions of project scope, and applies advanced processes such as project/program management techniques and organizational development throughout the architecture process.
- Provides a foundation to execute a complete virtualization implementation.
- Effectively communicates relevant information to superiors.
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
- Keeps abreast of policy developments that may impact the mission of USAMITC’s technology implementation and management initiatives.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Sets and manages client expectations.
- Communicates effectively with client to identify needs.
- Solid familiarity with DoD issuances and regulations (DoDI/DoDD, etc.).
- Excellent verbal communication skills, to include the ability to quickly summarize progress on a particular project for high level DoD leaders.
- Excellent written communication skills, to include the ability to quickly summarize any subject and put the "bottom line up front".
- Experience in researching, analyzing, proposing, testing, and implementing virtual technology solutions for general and specialized military health care delivery customers.
- Experience in crafting white papers on virtual technology subjects being considered for implementation, and providing expert advisory guidance to DoD, MHS, AMEDD, and USAMITC leaders.
- Capability and experience synthesizing virtual technical needs (from various sources) and rolling it up into one requirements document.
- Mastery of skills related to technical document preparation, such as reports and functional specifications is expected.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate information, gather factual evidence, interpret guidance, draw conclusions, and ensure compliance with regulations.
- Competence with VMware technologies and tools, Microsoft Visio, and common office productivity tools is essential .
- The ability to read, extract and interpret key details from academic journal articles, technology papers, military regulations, government policy, and private-sector virtualization technology best practice guidelines.
- Initiative to complete tasks with little to no follow-on guidance.
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet extremely short deadlines.
- (ISC)2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional Certification (CISSP) (or Associate), Microsoft MCSE, and VMware Certified Professional (VCP) Certification required.
- Experience working in DoD, supporting VMware technology solutions , technical training preferred.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.