The Inn at Little Washington Employee Reviews

Too much drama too much stress not enough pay no respect
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Washington, VAMay 28, 2017
I was thrilled to get hired at the Inn because it was such a "good job" but I absolutely hate it there. It's like being in high school again but worse and don't expect to get a raise no matter how hard you work. Currently searching for other employment. Management is a joke and a bunch of liars and idiots. Oh but there's free lunch.
A good experience in an unique environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Washington, VAMarch 27, 2017
The Inn was an overall okay place to work, the good and bad balanced themselves out. Being a housekeeper the cleaning wasn't bad once you got used to it and I liked little details that were required. Starting out was a bit difficult as there are high expectations and a lot to learn and it was a little intimidating, but that's to be expected from a 5 star Inn. In the ratings above Job Work/Life Balance: The work was good, I enjoyed doing most of it and the schedule was fair. Compensation: The payment was okay. Job Security: We were always short people so it would've been hard of them to let anyone go. Management: The higher ups didn't seem to respect us and didn't care that because we were short handed we had to do double the work, as long as we got it done. HR almost seemed confused that I came to them with a complaint and didn't help what so ever. Job Culture: The whole atmosphere of the Inn was incredible, the music, the food, all the little details. While the guests were at breakfast or dinner our job was to make sure it looked like they hadn't even touched the room, aside from they're sorted luggage, replace amenities and little gifts.The rooms were beautiful, as were the grounds. Sometimes you'd run into a guest who wasn't very nice, housekeepers were especially targeted (I was called "the help" once) but we didn't interact with guests to much anyway. As for dress code housekeepers were required to wear the uniform, pantyhose (even in winter, no leggings), lipstick, and were given a raincoat as a winter jacket but thats just nitpicking.
Regardless of any of the cons it
  more... gives really good experience and a chance to learn new skills in a unique environment.  less
not a very employee friendly work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Washington, VAOctober 4, 2016
Long hours, hard work, not necessarily supportive management. This can be a difficult place to work. Everyone is looking to further their career and there is little to make it a positive environment for employees. Turnover is extremely high even in upper management.
wonderful place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Washington, VASeptember 13, 2016
I would always rate this hotel a 10. Its exceptionally clean, friendly atmosphere makes any person want to return. The colonial setting and garb is wonderful to look at. I enjoyed being a part of this business
Pros
very friendly people
Cons
pay could be higher
Passionate employees, great experience for someone fresh out of culinary school
Junior Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Washington, VAJune 29, 2016
Fun environment to work, good experience for someone fresh out of culinary school. Pay is minimal, so it is more of a temporary job. Great opportunity to learn about food and using local product.
Pros
great opportunity to learn and grow
Cons
poor pay, location is out in the country
Productive, fast paced, good work enviornment
Back Waiter (Former Employee) –  Washington, VAApril 26, 2016
Great working there, coworkers were helpful. I would serve tea to start my day, restock linens before dinner service, run food and take and place orders. make sure guests were satisfied. Learned a lot about the culture there and the food and many skills, especially with communicating with people. Although it was fast paced and could be stressful i kept up and worked hard to do my job. I enjoyed my co workers and learning new information.
Pros
free lunches, benefits
Cons
very long drive
A positive and educational environment
Backserver (Former Employee) –  Washington, VAOctober 7, 2015
Excellent encouraging and educational work environment. Beautiful campus and constant positive growth due to an environment featuring a vast amount of experienced employees as well as guests of infinite backgrounds.
5 star 5 diamond Restaurant
Pastry Externship (Former Employee) –  Washington, VAJanuary 22, 2014
> The kitchen was immaculate, nothing I have ever seen before anywhere else.
> My co-workers were very well tempered and easy to get along with, I enjoyed working with each and every one of them.
> I learned how to prepare breads for dinner service, along with the production of pastry that were to be used during dinner service. I also learned about all the different plates, and designs for the plated desserts.
> The most exciting part of my day was seeing each and every guest come in to the restaurant with a smile ear to ear as their faces lit up in excitement.
> Hardest part of my job was adapting to a new place hours away from home.
Pros
Able to taste everything I make, The experience of working in a 5 star 5 diamond restaurant, preparing $40 desserts each night.
Cons
Far away from home, In the mountains, No social life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Inn at Little Washington. Our community is ready to answer.

The Inn at Little Washington Reviews by Location