THE INN

THE INN Employer Reviews

all waitstaff tips were stolen by Maitre'd
Waitress (Former Employee), New Hyde Park, NYJanuary 17, 2015
all waitstaff tips were stolen by Maitre'd, so no tips were given out and all waitstaff was underpaid and undervalued
Love the enviroment
Server (Current Employee), St.Joseph MiJanuary 9, 2015
Brand new business with a lot of potential. Working as a server you work not only with the community but also any new people who stop in to enjoy the place.
Very Healthy work environment
House Attendant, Lobby Attendant (Former Employee), Nashville Tn.December 29, 2014
Working at The Inn was a little different, there was no laundry facility for the linen so we had to order all the linen from the big hotel a cross the street, but over all, I really enjoyed working at The Inn. the Perks were Great, I did not have to pay for my lunch (it was provided) we had a 24 hour employee fitness center fully equipped. and every one was very nice . not to mention the great health benefits.
Productive and always on my best A game
Server (Current Employee), Wadsworth, OhNovember 18, 2014
Working here is always eventful, and the residents are always putting a smile on all of the workers face whenever we might be in a bad mood. I will usually get to work and set up the dining area and prepare condiments for the following day. The management is amazing and they are always there for you if you have any problem or need help with anything.
great company
I started out as the Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), Cary ncOctober 21, 2014
Pros: great team work
absolutely a great company to work
I promoted to all the positions I really wanted to and I learned a lot.
nice hotel
Pastry Chef (Former Employee), Essex, VTJuly 23, 2014
typical day was working in the pastry room and then also working in banquets
i learned a very things well running the pastry room, a few techniques that i got to use
managment was ok, really lacking communication
the lack of communication
woeking in my own pastry room
Okay place to work, to start out with
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Saint George, UTJuly 10, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: not alot of breaks
Overall it was an okay job but it got hard at time but everyone was nice.
not a great place to work but a few great people to work with
Bartender (Former Employee), Plymouth, MIJuly 2, 2014
go in set up the bars and serve receptions.the management were good people and the co-workers were great as well. Hardest part of the job was getting out close to 3a.m. The most enjoyable was watching the bride and groom having a great time
Productive, busy & tedious workplace
Waitstaff/Food prep (Former Employee), Kingston, MAMay 30, 2014
Working at The Inn At Silver Lake was definitely a fast paced environment. As a waitress, we had to meet a certain serving schedule in order to get all of our work done on time. It was very much a teamwork type of environment. If someone else fell behind, you all fell behind. Dealing with dementia and alzheimer's patients was the harder part of that job, as they lost their temper easily. I gained a great deal of patience working here as well as the experience of working in a fast paced environment.
Absolutely love the residents!
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Lewis Center, OHMarch 19, 2014
Assist residents with ADLs, encourage residents to engage in activities
Productive and fun place in a boutique hotel
St Botolph, Front Office Intern (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 8, 2014
We would work in the hotel management operations from the Front Office, to the Housekeeping, and Revenue Management.
awesome
Sales (Former Employee), fairfield, ctFebruary 28, 2014
cool easy flowing enviroment
good management
great customers
co-workers down to earth
productive and comfortable workplace
Assist waiters (Current Employee), Long Beach, NYJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: free staff meals
Cons: management
hardest part of the job was being on your feet for hours. i learned most of everything to know about the restaurant industry including some bartending skills. i got along with all co-workers including customers. only problem was managment was unorganized schedule was constantly changed and very little help was given to the employees. but we all worked as a team.
Low morale due to Management
Employee (Current Employee), Ada, OHJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: co-workers work as a team
Cons: no future besides a paycheck
Co-workers performs their jobs professionally. The morale is down for various reasons. The main reason is that Management does not want to hear anything negative, or suggestions from employees. So, if you want a job to come to work, and bury your head in the sand, and collect a pay check, then this is a place for you. By the way, do not expect any advancement within this organization.
Agronomist
Agronomist (Former Employee), Washington, TXDecember 16, 2013
• Designed and implemented programs for the farming and rangeland operations
• Provided data collection and analytical expertise to the forage crop and farming operations
• Acted as the scientific expert for the overall ranch operations
• Responsible for administrative duties including the proficient use of all Microsoft Office programs
Downhill
Front Desk Representative (Former Employee), Bay Harbor, MIDecember 15, 2013
Pros: marriott discounts
Cons: poor management.
Working at the Inn started to go downhill when the new GM took over. Working for Boyne, is never a great "career" move. Never long-term or hardly ever any opportunities for advancement. Great for temp work or high school/college job. Great skiing and golf perks, but that's about it.
Learn about other countries
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Helendale, CADecember 12, 2013
Life at a time share resort allows you to learn about other countries.
ancillary support poor
Charge Nurse / Registered Nurse / Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 11, 2013
Cons: hated night shift
place prettier than care received, NIGHT SHIFT STAFF DO NOT WOEK HARD ENOUGH AT PREVENTING FALLS. NOTHING MORE TO SAY
Quick in and out
House Keeper (Former Employee), Bisbee, AZSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: i got to work with a few people that were friends of mine.
Cons: i didnt get many hours of work givin to me.
A typical day at work was cleaning hotel room, doing laundry and doing anything else that was asked of me by my employers.

I learned how to put in reservations a few times.

The management was fun because me and my manager really got along so I enjoyed spending time with her and she taught me knew ways of dong things along the way.

My co-workers were nice but we never really interacted much.

The hardest part of the job was having to clean up other people messes.

The most enjoyable part was I had a lot of experience in house keeping so I knew what I was doing and also having such a good manager made work fun.
Great place to work but not for me
Bus Boy (Former Employee), New Hyde Park, NYAugust 9, 2013
Typical day at work: Set up for events, wash dishes, pack away items, serve food to the guest

What I Learned: How to fold napkins in a professional neat way, speaking to costumers in a professional but friendly way

Management: The Manager was good he made sure that everyone is on top of their work

Co-workers: They were fun to work with and respectable

Hardest Part of Job: Having a sore back at the end of the day from lifting plenty of plates

Most Enjoyable part: To watch the guest have a good time at their event