THE INN Employee Reviews

Very snobby
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, PASeptember 4, 2017
Although you make great money here, it wasn't worth it to me. The staff is very judgmental and would rather come down on you than see you succeed. I learned the etiquette of fine dining. The location is great.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Lewis Center, OHAugust 25, 2017
If you love working with the older population, This is the place for you! The residence as a pleasure. Coworkers all are invested in the residents they care for. It is a family like environment.

Beautiful Environment and Facility
Fun Dynamic
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Pismo Beach, CAAugust 11, 2017
Great experience working with customers helped build strong problem solving skills in stressful situations. This was a great balance of feeling sense of accomplishment helping guest make sure their stay was enjoyable. Great work Family.
Pros
Dynamic
Cons
Company could had listen to employees better.
Amazing job
Westport - Waitress/ Dietary Member (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDAugust 3, 2017
loved this job and would stay there if I wasn't moving. I enjoy the residents, the staff, the activities and the community in general. Its a great place to work.
Great Workplace
Sous Chef / Banquet Cook (Former Employee) –  Ruskin, FLJuly 14, 2017
Sales of replacement windows, hurricane protection products.
Management fair and fun to work with.
Employees worked together and were fun to work with.
Pros
Great Bonuses
Family Atmosphere
NIGHT AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  Scituate, MAJuly 2, 2017
Run nightly reports to be input into the Daily Spreadsheets. Provide services for all guests including checking in and checking out of the Inn.I have learned all aspects of the hospitality industry with this position and also the housekeeping aspect of the industry. We all feel like a family in this workplace. We all help out in whatever way we can when others need it. The hardest part of this job is is hours. I work the 3rd shift and have for 6 years without calling in sick once during that time. I am usually the first person that is called if there is a sick call for any and all shifts. The most enjoyable part is just the family feeling.
Pros
Use of the indoor pool and half price for room rental
Cons
Hours (11 pm -7 am) 4 nights a week
Nice Place To Work
Server (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, NJJune 3, 2017
Working at The Inn at Fernbrook has been a fun and easy place to work. The staff is great and so is the management, I have never had any problems there.
Nice Group - good mission
Volunteer Grant Researcher / Writer (Current Employee) –  Hempstead, NYApril 17, 2017
Great work/life balance. Colleagues are nice.
Cause is rewarding and efforts are appreciated by all staff working toward the same goal. Pay is little low.
Sales, Marketing, Public Relations, Social Media, Event Management
Director of Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Saint Michaels, MDApril 4, 2017
Responsible for total top line revenue while controlling expenses specific to sales an marketing budgeted expectations

Community relations are priority while achieving profitability
Very nice residents.
Assist residents (Current Employee) –  Canal Winchester, OHMarch 21, 2017
Beautiful place with great residents. The caregivers are also pleasant to work with. But the management however, do not act pleasant or professional towards their employees.
friendly enviornment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHMarch 20, 2017
I would go into the break room sit at the table I always like to show up at work 15 minutes early so I can talk with the people before and get a run down of the day. I put my things in my locker, and the proceed to clock in. The management was friendly not the bit scared of asking questions. The hardest part of this job was to loose a resident you are told before hand not to get attached, but you can not help that with the residents. The most enjoyable part of this job was just being able to be there for the residents if nothing else to help them dress bath and take them to dinner, it was just being a friendly ear for them to go over the good old days to or complain about something.
Pros
helping the residents
Cons
loosing a resident
Great palce
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCMarch 8, 2017
Lots of ways to increase in the company, able to work with many different aspects of the resort. Great place to have fun while working and getting the needed tasks done
Enjoyed bartending for high class weddings the most.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAMarch 4, 2017
My usual responsibilities would be to setup work orders and inventories for different events that called for a bar and bartender(s). Workplace culture was very professional and served as a higher class establishment. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people each event; most memorable being a newlywed alumni whose business card listed him as working for the Secret Service.
Customer Service
Events Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIMarch 1, 2017
It is a very fast paced environment. Since the Inn is a newer location they are still trying to find the right combination of work and home life. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers and employees.
It was a fun place to work and see free movies
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAFebruary 22, 2017
It was a great place to work but was low on pay. I think the management can do a little bit better with working with people in school. I learned a lot about how the theater works. I also learned to use skills like basic bath and communication skills.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Not a lot of pay
Very Productive
Prep Cook & Line Cook (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 22, 2017
Worked at The Inn at Pound Ridge for almost 2 years. There wasn't a day that you were not busy prepping for the BUSY weekend rush. Friday nights around 300, Saturday nights around 400 and Sunday was busy all day. Chef Blake was great but after he left a new chef was hired. He was definitely fun to work with except when the line was slowing down. MANAGEMENT there is HORRIBLE. Managers have no idea how the kitchen works and think if they come in demanding food, its going to come out in seconds.
Pros
Paid every Friday
Cons
Hard to advance, Long Hours
productive and good place to work
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Durham, NHJanuary 5, 2017
Great place to work the people and patients were all awesome I enjoyed my work as a cook. I moved out there for 5 years and it was good to learn about the different cultures they have
Owning & Operating an historic bed and breakfast is challenging!
Owner, Operator, Developer (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYJanuary 2, 2017
We took on an historic derelict property, renovated a huge house, and a rough seven acre lot and turned into a thriving bed & breakfast in a very short period.

With roughly 10, 000 visitors over a 12 year period, we carved our niche in the BNB biz with the help of the Ithaca Conventions and Visitor's Bureau and Chamber of Commerce, and with our diligence and hard work in restoring, renovating, marketing and advertising our home based business.
Pros
Meeting Great People, great income stream
Cons
Long hours, have to wear many hats, personal liablity to the job.
fun place but incompetent managers
Full Time Reservationist (Current Employee) –  Pound Ridge, NYDecember 16, 2016
great place to learn, but working in the office the managers you find can be full of gossip. half the managers are competent but the others have no respect for anyone nor are they good at their job
Best People I Have Worked With
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Norton, VA 24273September 5, 2016
Everyone here was family. If something was going on with one of us we all came to the rescue. I met so many people from all different walks of life and I will never forget this job.