THE INN Employee Reviews

Owning & Operating an historic bed and breakfast is challenging!
Owner, Operator, Developer (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYJanuary 2, 2017
We took on an historic derelict property, renovated a huge house, and a rough seven acre lot and turned into a thriving bed & breakfast in a very short period.

With roughly 10, 000 visitors over a 12 year period, we carved our niche in the BNB biz with the help of the Ithaca Conventions and Visitor's Bureau and Chamber of Commerce, and with our diligence and hard work in restoring, renovating, marketing and advertising our home based business.
Pros
Meeting Great People, great income stream
Cons
Long hours, have to wear many hats, personal liablity to the job.
A job that never seems to end
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Bay Harbor, MI 49770August 27, 2016
Working as a housekeeper keeps you on your toes. Hard work, pay attention to details, management would tell you if you had to correct something, the co-workers were just as busy as you are and it's a fast pace, multitask, pay attention to details and time management duty. The best part of the job was being able to take what the guests had left in the fridge or pop bottles when they departed, due to being more money on the side and the tips were nice.
productive and good place to work
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Durham, NHJanuary 5, 2017
Great place to work the people and patients were all awesome I enjoyed my work as a cook. I moved out there for 5 years and it was good to learn about the different cultures they have
Best People I Have Worked With
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Norton, VA 24273September 5, 2016
Everyone here was family. If something was going on with one of us we all came to the rescue. I met so many people from all different walks of life and I will never forget this job.
Enjoyed actual job
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Palmetto, GaOctober 14, 2015
Enjoy the actual job. Love my coworkers. Great learning something new. Not much room for advancement. Poor management and very high turn over. Privately owned which causes many problems.
Pros
Scenic place to work.
Cons
High turnover. Poor management
The culinary arts provide a difficult life style.
SENIOR SOUS CHEF (Current Employee) –  Olney, MDDecember 16, 2013
Typically a day of work involves preparing traditional American food from cleaning whole fish to working on the line. Other days involve working in the front of the house where I have learned customer service orientation and providing an elegant setting to enjoy a meal. I have always been able to work well with others and have built strong professional relationships. the hardest part of the job is the work schedule, your literally working when everyone is not. Holidays, weekends, and nights, this can make it difficult for some to develop personal relationships and spend time with family. The most enjoyable part of the job is the knowledge of food and wine that I have obtained over the years. I now posses the ability to create a technical dish from scratch implementing my own ideas and the ability to pair these foods with wines.
Pros
free food, fun work environment
Cons
financially not rewarding, takes a toll on ones body, zero benefits, zero opportunities for advancement, uncomfortable working conditions, unregimented work schedule
Very stressful place to work in that there was no backing from the management.
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Okoboji, IAJanuary 3, 2013
With This property going into bankruptcy, there was a management firm from Texas that "took over" with no care for the loyal employees and guests that have been coming there for YEARS. They essentially are stripping it of all customer service and putting nothing back in to it. Laid off all but 2 people (which have been there less than 1 year.)
Pros
developed personal friendships with many long time guests
Cons
management took away all benefits (cutting cost)
Low morale due to Management
Employee (Current Employee) –  Ada, OHJanuary 16, 2014
Co-workers performs their jobs professionally. The morale is down for various reasons. The main reason is that Management does not want to hear anything negative, or suggestions from employees. So, if you want a job to come to work, and bury your head in the sand, and collect a pay check, then this is a place for you. By the way, do not expect any advancement within this organization.
Pros
Co-workers work as a team
Cons
No future besides a paycheck
Very overwhelming enviroment
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Pound Ridge, NYNovember 24, 2015
This company might have the best reputation but everything is the same in ever establishment nothing changes. Management is not the best!
Downhill
Front Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Bay Harbor, MIDecember 15, 2013
Working at the Inn started to go downhill when the new GM took over. Working for Boyne, is never a great "career" move. Never long-term or hardly ever any opportunities for advancement. Great for temp work or high school/college job. Great skiing and golf perks, but that's about it.
Pros
Marriott Discounts
Cons
poor management.
entry level
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTMarch 20, 2013
Good place to begin your working life. Compensation is low-end but so is the demand on your effort. Minimal work while on the job. Great place to learn patience with the public. Management is almost never there to "watch over you".
Pros
good starter job
Cons
low pay, customers can be rude/annoying
Quick in and out
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Bisbee, AZSeptember 4, 2013
A typical day at work was cleaning hotel room, doing laundry and doing anything else that was asked of me by my employers.

I learned how to put in reservations a few times.

The management was fun because me and my manager really got along so I enjoyed spending time with her and she taught me knew ways of dong things along the way.

My co-workers were nice but we never really interacted much.

The hardest part of the job was having to clean up other people messes.

The most enjoyable part was I had a lot of experience in house keeping so I knew what I was doing and also having such a good manager made work fun.
Pros
I got to work with a few people that were friends of mine.
Cons
I didnt get many hours of work givin to me.
Great place to work but not for me
Bus Boy (Former Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYAugust 9, 2013
Typical day at work: Set up for events, wash dishes, pack away items, serve food to the guest

What I Learned: How to fold napkins in a professional neat way, speaking to costumers in a professional but friendly way

Management: The Manager was good he made sure that everyone is on top of their work

Co-workers: They were fun to work with and respectable

Hardest Part of Job: Having a sore back at the end of the day from lifting plenty of plates

Most Enjoyable part: To watch the guest have a good time at their event
Very Healthy work environment
House Attendant, Lobby Attendant (Former Employee) –  Nashville Tn.December 29, 2014
Working at The Inn was a little different, there was no laundry facility for the linen so we had to order all the linen from the big hotel a cross the street, but over all, I really enjoyed working at The Inn. the Perks were Great, I did not have to pay for my lunch (it was provided) we had a 24 hour employee fitness center fully equipped. and every one was very nice . not to mention the great health benefits.
productive and comfortable workplace
Assist waiters (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, NYJanuary 19, 2014
hardest part of the job was being on your feet for hours. i learned most of everything to know about the restaurant industry including some bartending skills. i got along with all co-workers including customers. only problem was managment was unorganized schedule was constantly changed and very little help was given to the employees. but we all worked as a team.
Pros
free staff meals
Cons
management
Productive and always on my best A game
Server (Current Employee) –  Wadsworth, OhNovember 18, 2014
Working here is always eventful, and the residents are always putting a smile on all of the workers face whenever we might be in a bad mood. I will usually get to work and set up the dining area and prepare condiments for the following day. The management is amazing and they are always there for you if you have any problem or need help with anything.
Unpredictable Seasons...
St. Johns - Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIAugust 5, 2015
I worked as in the hotel, as a bartender, a houseman, and a server. For part timework it is excellent for a student or for someone that wants some extra cash, but it is hard for someone to make a living with the unpredictability of the seasons. I also worked with 250+ employees who I would work with on a weekly basis so that can make a job difficult with all of the personalities that were involved.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Schedules Dependent on Season
Incredible nonprofit with an important purpose
Communications & Public Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Hempstead, NYFebruary 3, 2015
The INN (Interfaith Nutrition Network) is the first nonprofit organization I've had the pleasure to work for. It's simple philosophy and goal, to serve hungry and homeless Long Islanders with dignity, respect and love is apparent in everything they do. I am honored to go out into the community and to local companies and corporations to utilize my skills as a public speaker to gain awareness and inspire people to give back in their own communities. I am also involved in ALL outreach, including managing the website and all social media activity. It is wonderful to work in a place where the bottom line is to help people.
Pros
Serving the community, passionate employees and volunteers
Cons
limited growth opportunities
not a great place to work but a few great people to work with
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIJuly 2, 2014
go in set up the bars and serve receptions.the management were good people and the co-workers were great as well. Hardest part of the job was getting out close to 3a.m. The most enjoyable was watching the bride and groom having a great time
Lovely assisted living it looked like a fine hotel
LPN (Former Employee) –  Sun City Center, FLJanuary 7, 2013
I loved courtyards as it used to be called. I had fantastic co-workers and a wonderful sweet boss, who hired me. I loved my patients, and I feel pretty confident that they loved me as well.
We had two floors and in the daytime there was two nurses, one for each floor, at night one nurse. It also had two locked down units for the advanced alzhiemers's residents. I did the second shift.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the residents. They were my friends as well, and I would go into their apartments and sit and visit with them.
I can't recall a hardest part of my job, except one resident who was a severe brittle diabetic, I sent him out to the hospital because his blood sugar dropped so low, he was almost comatose, It was quite frightening!
Pros
it was a beautiful facility i loved working there, i had fantastic co-workers
Cons
i had no cons. i loved working there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at THE INN. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6