The Irvine Company Employee Reviews

Great place to work. Good people and great benefits
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMay 22, 2017
This company has great employees. The team atmosphere is great. The benefits are very good and the salaries are competitive. The development industry is fast moving and makes for an exciting place to work.
Pros
Great people, good benefits
Cons
When the real estate market changes, it can hurt the company.
Love where you live!
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 17, 2017
That's their motto. The property management field is a bit cut throat to begin with and rings true in a large company like this. I enjoyed working there and would apply again if they were in this area.
Extremely Fast-Paced, Cut-Throat Environment
Senior Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 8, 2017
The Irvine Company struggles with the modern working environment. they intend to modernize themselves but have yet to get there. Work, life balance is still very slow to catch on. Upper Management is the only level of employees who are recognized or listened to. Anything below Senior Director has little input. You are expected to produce above and beyond - which is fine, but you are made to feel expendable and that you can be easily replaced at any moment. They don't care about loyalty.

Great benefits and there is always an annual bonus.
Great Company, Great People.
Temporary Associate, Operations (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 30, 2017
Very competitive and upbeat environment. High standards. Great place to work if you are interested in property management. All departments of the company are good.
Pros
Great reputation, team building, events.
Cons
Small Teams
Everyone look's out for themselves
Portfolio Leasing Manager- Lead (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAApril 30, 2017
Good people but management is always try to one up each other. Everyone is always worried about what everyone else thinks about them and the culture is stifling.
Great company to work for. Learned alot.
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 26, 2017
The data analyst position was a new, creative, and challenging job that pushed my organizational, coordination, creative abilities to its limits. I learned a lot and worked with a lot of great people.
A great place to work and learn!
Dual-Site Community Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 25, 2017
I have enjoyed working at Irvine Company. I know that a lot of people give this company a bad rap, but personally I have learned so much working for this company. I have a great work family and support system who makes going to work enjoyable. The management is amazing, and they really care about their employees.
Productive and alot of growth
Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 22, 2017
it is a beautiful company that allows you to improve relations and skills within the workplace. It helped me achieve different goals in just everyday life off the clock.
representivie
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 8, 2017
they ask for to much and does not pay that well. a lot of stress and customers are rude and not professional. employee move up only if you know someone.
Excellent prduct
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 1, 2017
Irvine properties are Class A. Great physical atmosphere. Amenities are first rate and there is a high commitment to maintenance of the properties in regards to landscaping, pools and water features. I learned a lot about leadership and coaching through training seminars provided by the company. The main downside is the lack of staffing for some of the properties.
Pros
Good facilities
Cons
Staffing is thin at some properies

Want to know more about The Irvine Company?

Ask a question
Poorly Managed Company
Senior Project Manager / PMO Consultant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 31, 2017
For such a great name, the company is very behind in current technology and processes. I was very surprised at how backward they are.

Management is not appropriately skilled.
Pros
Good work / life balance
Cons
Management is set in place and not willing to change
Well Structured with a lot of growth potential
Resident Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 30, 2017
Great benefits including 401k, excellent growth within the company to be able to move up or transfer between verticals, and excellent pay structure with nice commission.
Great for college students
Guest Services Associate/Lead (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 23, 2017
All aspects of the job from running the kiosk to operating the attractions is easy to learn and easy to operate. You are always doing something different everyday and the people you work with (mostly college students) makes the job worthwhile. There are a mix of busy days and laid back days which can challenge you from time to time, and other shifts where you feel like "I'm being paid to just stand here". They work easily with your schedule, but you have to be sure to request days off a month ahead of time. If you are already scheduled you have to rely on your co-workers to cover which can be stingy at times ,and may have to resort to bribing. Overall it is a great place with good pay if you are a college student.
Pros
Great people, and a large and lively envirnoment
Cons
Tough to cover shifts on short notice.
Great position just rough hours
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 18, 2017
Great entry sales position and incredible training. Really enjoyed me time there just wish I had weekends off. Overall decent health benefits and decent 401k.
Good job
Sales Manager, Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJanuary 9, 2017
Really good job with good money. Good hours and a very nice place to work. Did very well and all customer service and management.
Great Place
Resident Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 20, 2016
Employees and Residents were great.
Management was ok.
Co-workers made the job enjoyable.
The hardest part of the job was touring residents in community that was new.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Short Breaks
Planning Intern
Planning/GIS Intern (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 16, 2016
The internship with the Irvine Company was enjoyable and beneficial to my knowledge. I learned a lot of acquisition, development, design, and GIS functions. I had several tasks involving the research of zoning and general plans for 96 cities in CA. I thoroughly enjoyed the team I worked with, which was the Community Development Studio.
Big Company
Resident Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 7, 2016
I enjoyed working for The Irvine Company. Great company philosophy. Good opportunity for advancement. Steady hours. Good benefits for discounts if you want to rent within their Apartment division. Good people to work with and good team building events.
High Level Work
Corporate Marketing (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CASeptember 6, 2016
Travel into Newport did have its challenges. Work hours set but yet flexible, depending on personal needs and work schedule.

Management was easy to work with. Ability working with clients at resort allowed me to understand all aspects of what is needed to apply professional care.

One can not always please everyone, but knowing we can achieve to be better the next time allows one for person growth.
Pros
Great clients and employees
Cons
n/a
Exciting and Challenging
COMMUNITY ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 7, 2015
Irvine Company is a great company to work for. Had a great experience working with the different apartment communities in Irvine.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Irvine Company. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval