The Irvine Company Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent work invironment
Building Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 11, 2015
great place to gain knowledge of all aspects of building operations, work along side with all trade contractors on tenant improvement projects.
professsional and fun place to work
Certified Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 26, 2014
Great place to work. Excellent benefits. loved meeting new people and helping them find the perfect home. Learned to demonstrate the benefits and features of the communities. How to dig deeper and find out exactly what the rospect is looking for.
Great experience
General Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 23, 2014
Irvine Company allowed me the freedom and support needed in order for me to reach my full potential.
Pros
first class real estate portfolio
Cons
over managed
Prductive and fun workplace with my team.
Service Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 9, 2014
Typical day of work was busy on with work orders and turn overs,
I learned that chop need to have all ways inventory available to be able to do the job Avery time that need to be don,
I enjoy working with my team every one was helped if it needed,
I didn't have experience hardest job to do, everything was in a good Hans to be don. the most enjoyable part of the job was that every one enjoy there jobs what it was working on.
Professional Environment
Resident Relations Rep (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 24, 2014
Great Company for young professionals. Very driven toward income and profit. Residents are great to work with making it a more enjoyable environment.I have truly enjoyed serving our residents. Great maintenance team.
The most difficult part is to see my managers work until 1 am or so. I find it difficult to become a manager unless my family life is compromised.
Pros
free cable
Productive fun place to work
Leasing Representative (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 2, 2014
Call center environment. 25-40 calls/day average. Prospects calling to set appointments to tour ICAC.
Challenging work environment.
IT Exexcutive (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAOctober 20, 2014
Not all line of business leaders are created equal. Growth is possible under the right leadership. Otherwise, retired in place.
Pros
work-life balance
Cons
poor leadership tarnishes the overal character of the organization.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAOctober 19, 2014
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Pelican Hill
Server (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAOctober 17, 2014
Management is difficult to talk to. It is common for them to treat you as nonessential members of the work place. Arrogance is in abundance and a lack of caring for lower to middle employees is pervasive.
Busy environment
Customer Service Administrative Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 23, 2014
Management needs to be more hands on, co workers are nice and most work on a part time status. Employee turnover is high.
Pros
working in a center with a lot of shops and restaurants
Cons
long shifts and no room for promotion
Professional company with high standards.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 18, 2014
Team environment. Friendly co-workers. Professional and adheres to the highest standards. Heavy workload and stressful. Enjoyed the abundance of training and experience. The company supports advancement and educational opportunities.
Pros
professional environment.
Cons
stressful.
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 10, 2014
Fun and fast paced environment. Great incentives and awesome team work.
A little too "who you know" not always the work you do.
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 6, 2014
Good work doesn't necessarily get recognized. Still a good company, but looking elsewhere for new experiences, and for a company that operates more on a human level.
Not a positive experience
Employee (Former Employee) –  Paramount, Ca.August 2, 2014
Poor management led to a disorganized team, with waning results. Good training program mandated from corporate, though.
Staunchy, high-end business environment
Lead Web and Graphics Designer (Former Employee) –  Newport BeachJuly 22, 2014
The work environment is high-end professional, meaning shirts, ties, suits. Not the most conducive environment for creativity. However, if business or IT or accounting, real estate is your passion, this is the place.
Pros
great scope of work, portfolio
Cons
business suits, competitive
It was fun
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  San MateoJuly 19, 2014
I enjoyed working with my crew at this company. They were great.
Silly dreams
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 21, 2014
This was once a sought after company. Someone has determined what worked so well needed to be shaken up and cages rattled.

Extremely good employees have been quickly booted to the curb so they can hire inexperienced people at lower wages new to the business just because they have a BA degree. They took away commissions, housing discounts, increased insurance costs and lowered staff requirements. There motto is People serving people what an oxymoron.

Please note: There are 206 job openings. It's like cattle being led to the slaughter be very aware this is not an employee friendly company they make you work holidays for the almighty dollar.

My experience with the Irvine company is one of disappointment and total frustration. This week they made people choose a lower job title or a huge severance package. The smart ones gave notice to the package and said adios. There are still some nice people left but they are the people who are afraid to say this is wrong and I'm not taking it anymore. It's one thing to make money but when your employees can't afford to live at any of the properties which is 97 % of apartments in Irvine. your forced into financial struggles.

When you look in the eyes of your team as they are told yet another benefit is dropped or that we won't lay off anyone and three people are?... You just have to hope the rest of there remaining employees find there next position soon. There is fear in the hearts of most remaining employees and no one is listening as the leaders should be.

This company has a monopoly in town and are now looking to buy other companies
  more... to monopolize more. At some point it will reach an absorption maximum because its best resources, their employees are leaving as fast as the can. One last word KARMA ....  less
Cons
see above there are plenty
Right Job, Wrong Managers
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 29, 2014
Typical Day: Clock in and print out a sheet of paper containing any unoccupied apartments and try to lease them to the student body near UCI.

What I learned: I learned that placing unrealistic goals for an employee can be hinderign to their success. I also learned that setting an appropritate goal based on foot and general traffic can complement the employee's success. I learned that managers can make a desierable job undesireable. I learned that positive feedback and a "pat on the back" can go a long way with the future of the employee and their perspective of the job. I also learned how to overcome objections and how to not be too pushy when the time came to close.

Management: The management team at the office I worked at was terrible and immature. They over emphasized fear based motivation in order to get results at the expense of your quality of life.

Co-Workers: Very nice people who were soley driven by money which created a shark tank within my office. I cannot speak about other properties within the Irvine Company.

Hardest part of the job: -Chasing unrealistic goals -Fear of getting fired by immature manager -Walking to an office where everyone is out for themselves -no team like attitude.

Enjoyable part fo the job: -Great Pay -Great benefits
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
terrible management that forces sales through fear.
Culture/Benifits changes over last 18mth makes me not recommend this company
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 20, 2014
Over the last 18mth the upper management has completely changed (Archstone Mgt were brought in after they failed!!).

Since then they have basically reduced every benefit we had.

1/ Quarterly bonuses gone replace with an arbitrary yearly bonus. This will wipe 10% of managers salary.
2/ Healthcare down to a PPO with a $3000 deducable!!
3/ Housing and discounts gone very unusual in this inducstry.
4/ Dry cleaning of unforms gone.
5/ Assistant/CA managers gone.

We have gone from "Love where you live" to how much can we get from the residence. No more customer service its all about the bottom line
Pros
there are none left
Cons
healthcare, bonuses, housing
The Evil Empire
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Irvine CAMay 18, 2014
Their reputation for being the evil empire has stuck for a reason. mandatory lay offs each year. No regard for anything but profit.
Pros
beautiful looking community to work in
Cons
evil empire not worth the high compensation