The Irvine Company Employee Reviews

Where I was had a fun workplace, but that's not typical
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 28, 2017
Would come in every morning and set up any and all outside sales props used to bring in drive by leads. Go to check all emails for past and current leads, then move on to resident issues or queries. I learned sales very quickly, the huge asset of follow up and refining my customer service techniques. Most jobs have a client come in for a short amount of time and then go about their day, our clients were our tenant and they lived on site. It changed everything I know about how effective amazing customer service will take you. The most enjoyable part of my job was the interactions with my immediate team and residents with the hardest being having nothing to lease but still expected to maintain a 1-2 lease per week quota and being penalized for being at full capacity.
Pros
Chance for monthly bonuses
Cons
Cutthroat working environment
Unhealthy atmosphere
Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 19, 2017
This truly is a good ole boys club. Unless your in the circle , your out! Management is out for their best interests and not yours. Was truly a waste of time.
Pros
Good training programs
Cons
There is no stability here
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CASeptember 14, 2017
The working environment is good and there are lots of perks within the company. However, you are just a number, you are replaceable regardless of time with the company.
Stressfull work environment
Assistant Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 11, 2017
A typical day at work was to keep the grounds at a top notch environment. Everything was held to a high standard and needed to stay that way. I had all the necessary tools to keep this in order but was stressful due to being under such a high bar that you had to keep at everyday.
Pros
working outdoors
Cons
stressful work environment everyday
Horrible management with no support.
Resident Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 9, 2017
Initially I was very happy with my job and we had a great management team. Some left the company and others went to a different division within the company. We got a new management team and after that it was a disaster, the work environment was horrible. No career growth opportunities, the office was super busy and fast paced but the management never backed us up. Employees didn't feel appreciated.
Great people to work with
Manager, Operations Consultant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 8, 2017
Very busy, learned a lot about the tenants. Fund events for the tenants. Great management and staff. Pleasure to work with each and everyone of them.
Pros
The employees
Cons
Lovely homes to sell, Great buyers to work with
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Orange County CaliforniaSeptember 2, 2017
Delightful neighborhoods and lovely floor-plans to sell.
Fun working with buyers looking for a quality product.
The excellent reputation of the Irvine Company is recognized throughout the land. Customer service was excellent
Pros
Lovely homes and well known company
Great Place to Work
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAAugust 24, 2017
Very professional and most of the people you'll work with are really nice and fun people. Made some of my best friends working there. It can get a little political and gossipy at times but solid product to sell and decent pay if you're a top performer would highly recommend for high volume sales experience (apartments division).
Don't know what to say
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Playa Vista, CAAugust 24, 2017
"were one big family working here" this resonates at every meeting. Lies, lies, lies, lies, lies, lies, lies, lies, and more dang lies! You're either in the circle or you're on your way out.
Good workplace
Lead Service Technician / 1052 (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAAugust 12, 2017
Great place to work at. Especially if you work in wealthy areas, good tips $$. People are very nice and honestly I am thinking of returning when I get older. Easy place to work. Pay is ok, and they provide power tools and hand tools all you bring to work is yourself.
Pros
Employee recognition, free lunches, employee events etc.
Cons
Employees, co-workers get competitive on being the best.
Hotel Irvine
Private Events Concierge (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 12, 2017
The Irvine Company is a great place to work for! I love the company and culture. This is a great place to start a career and grow within a company. I highly recommend this to anyone that is ready to start their career!
N/a
N/A (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 15, 2017
Good work/life balance.
Opportunity for growth if your friends with the right people.
Good benefits.
New hires are thrown in without proper training.
No worth work here
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 11, 2017
a ton of various work have to do every single work day, almost properties lack of maintenance technician, you are required to do many porters' job even weekend, they do not care about that, crazy!
Great company
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 5, 2017
This company offers lots of opportunities for growth and upward mobility. The variety of managers and positions creates a culture, unlike most companies. They want clean cut, successful and driven-minded, well-qualified candidates! Go apply today! The apartments division is their largest so it's full of positions as they continue to develop and grow.
Pros
Paid holidays, paid vacations, sick time and those benefits. Great positive culture and upward mobility.
Exciting company with growth opportunities
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 19, 2017
I was hired for clerical support in the Retail Division and assisted the Executive Assistant. I was thankful for this chance to train with her and learn how to operate the computer software, Wordperfect I think at that time. I learned how to answer calls and manage a busy phone while still getting my work done. I soon became Executive Assistant for the President and Vice-President of the Retail Division of The Irvine Company. I managed their calendars, scheduled meetings, travel and helped in planning retail conferences. I did a lot of typing of correspondence and presentations. I communicated with tenants, retail prospects and managers daily. I contributed to the company newsletter information about what was happening and new in our retail developments in order to create awareness. I even gave reviews about the new restaurants. I enjoyed, of course, sampling the food, but I also enjoyed writing the review. The environment was busy but everyone was pleasant and worked well together. I believe I could have advanced further if I had stayed. Management was always encouraging development. I had to leave because I moved.
Pros
Learning new things and having encouragement and consideration of my employers
Cons
None I can think of
Well established industry leader
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92121June 17, 2017
I enjoy the work I do in this industry however I do not enjoy any aspect of the political side of the business. I am a nuts and bolts person and enjoy working with the tools in order to make a worthy contribution
Assists patrons
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 16, 2017
The influx of a plethora of cultures is the most exciting aspect of the Irvine Company. The Irvine Company provides excellent options for shopping and dining at the Irvine Spectrum Center. It allows for the patrons of the area to enjoy a wide variety of activities from shopping to relaxation. The management team is a quality team that provides exceptional leadership, amiable professional relationships and a vision to exceed customer and employee expectations.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Great Company
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 13, 2017
Great company to work for and they are ver flexible with you schedule. They have various positions available to and a lot of room for growth. The pay can be low at times though
Productive and Challenging
Implementation Partner (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 5, 2017
Nice place to work.
Irvine Company takes work-life balance to heart
Great benefits and beautiful work environment.
Irvine Company is a team oriented environment. I love working with the employees who have been here for over 20 years and those who have been working here for less than a year. There is a lot of pride that comes from working here.
Great Company!
Sr. HR Administrator / Generalist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 23, 2017
Great company and great benefits. There is a lot of growth and development available for employees at entry level positions. Employees must be okay with dressing professional and executing at top levels.
Pros
Benefits, Compensation, Vacation
Cons
Conservative culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Irvine Company. Our community is ready to answer.