The Irvine Company Employee Reviews

Great Company
LEASING CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 31, 2015
Great company to work for! Much room for advancement. This company is growing rapidly in northern California with many lease-ups!
receptionist
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  newport coast, caAugust 26, 2015
provide high quality 5 star service at all times. Opportunity for growth but now within the field I would like to get into.
I had 24 years of job security until they eliminated the position to save money.
Resident Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 26, 2015
My typical day would consist of helping residents when needed including minor maintenance repairs and mediated within neighbors who might have complaints with each other. I made sure the property was aesthetically pleasing and all areas were safe such as the pools and fitness center.
I learned how to deal with difficult people. I learned how to maintain and fix areas of the apartments and surroundings.
My coworkers were great. The management was difficult because it was a sales based environment and there wasn't a lot of integrity with the residents.
The hardest part of the job was when neighbors would have complaints about each other. Trying to find a resolution to make a happier living environment.
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that residents loved having me there for them and watching the families grow with their children. I am very good with kids and felt part of the rearing of them.
Pros
Family environment. Helping residents especially the elderly and handicapped.
Cons
Lack of integrity, respect, and attitudes among the employees and residents.
Senior Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  IrvineAugust 20, 2015
Be prepared to fit into their culture. It is a private company with a entitled attitude. They care more about how you fit in compared to actual performance. Make sure you fit in and get along with all walks of life.
great company with diversity in functions
Resident Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Tustin, IrvineAugust 12, 2015
We take care of a range of services for the residents, since the moment they move in, to a business center at the leasing office. Receiving packages for delivery, assisting in the scheduling of maintenance requests. etc Always with the highest level of customer service.
Culture in continuous progress
Sr. Manager, Leasing (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 29, 2015
The leadership team continues to build and redefine their culture. It is a work in progress, but moving in the right direction. The communication and collaboration needs to improve to eliminate old leadership habits. Their current leadership structure will help them to get to the goals they desire.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
N/A
Love where you work
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJune 17, 2015
I have learned so much from our team and work culture. The most enjoyable part of the job is know that the company values its employee's personal life, ideas, and hard work.
High Stress and High Volume Work Environments
Assistant Manager, Engineering (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJune 10, 2015
We manager over 10 active projects or villages and manage at one time over 40 projects. We depend on consultant engineers, architects and other consultants. We bid, and contract with contractors for the infrastructure and homebuilding of the Villages of Irvine including Orchard Hills, Portola Springs, Stonegate, Cypress Village and Eastwood.
Pros
Good Compensation but high expectations
Cons
Very independent work and little training
Fair
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CAMay 20, 2015
Heavy-busy-work. Managers do not support sales teams. Great product, but too many layers of Managers. Good place to start a career out of college. They do not recognize anyone with previous careers. You will be lumped in with the non-degree and public sector type mentality.
Director of Fitness (Former Employee) –  CAMay 7, 2015
Great working environment and very professional. One of the cons is the turnover and change in management. Otherwise great place to work
Pros
Environment and benefits
Cons
Turnover
Good job for okay money and environment
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 26, 2015
The Irvine Company is a great place to learn professionalism and gain experience in a vast and growing company. The tough part is moving up positions within the company and switching internally to an entirely different part of the company is almost impossible.
Pros
good experience, commission and salary structure
Cons
low commission compensation, job advancement, holidays/ weekends
Not looking so hot right now
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 19, 2015
This company is going through so many changes right now. It seems like every 3 months it is a major change in upper management, so you never know what is happening. They have cut many peoples jobs, given people who have been with the company for 20+ years demotions, or just out right let them go. They no longer give employees discounts on housing, and the ones who have the discount, they raised t
their rent $200+. The environment is stressful because you have no clue what is coming next.
Great Opportunities, Corporate Culture
Leadership & Training • Customer Service • Sales (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 13, 2015
The work environment and setting in my office is unparalleled. The brand new CRC or Customer Resource Center is first rate with brand new technology and a fun modern environment. It is a very fast paced change management environment in a prominent Real Estate Company in the region. My division is currently in a very strong growth mode. My coworkers are amazing and the management is supportive. Most importantly, the executive leadership is top notch and honestly titans of the industry.
New World Order
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 12, 2015
When the President leaves and he was the only one to have the entry-level to upper-management level employee's backs, you are in for a wild ride.
Pros
Association with "Prestigious" Company
Cons
Anything you enjoy can be removed at a moment's notice
Excellent work invironment
Building Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 11, 2015
great place to gain knowledge of all aspects of building operations, work along side with all trade contractors on tenant improvement projects.
professsional and fun place to work
Certified Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 26, 2014
Great place to work. Excellent benefits. loved meeting new people and helping them find the perfect home. Learned to demonstrate the benefits and features of the communities. How to dig deeper and find out exactly what the rospect is looking for.
Great experience
General Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 23, 2014
Irvine Company allowed me the freedom and support needed in order for me to reach my full potential.
Pros
First class real estate portfolio
Cons
Over managed
Prductive and fun workplace with my team.
Service Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 9, 2014
Typical day of work was busy on with work orders and turn overs,
I learned that chop need to have all ways inventory available to be able to do the job Avery time that need to be don,
I enjoy working with my team every one was helped if it needed,
I didn't have experience hardest job to do, everything was in a good Hans to be don. the most enjoyable part of the job was that every one enjoy there jobs what it was working on.
Professional Environment
Resident Relations Rep (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 24, 2014
Great Company for young professionals. Very driven toward income and profit. Residents are great to work with making it a more enjoyable environment.I have truly enjoyed serving our residents. Great maintenance team.
The most difficult part is to see my managers work until 1 am or so. I find it difficult to become a manager unless my family life is compromised.
Pros
Free Cable
Productive fun place to work
Leasing Representative (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 2, 2014
Call center environment. 25-40 calls/day average. Prospects calling to set appointments to tour ICAC.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Irvine Company. Our community is ready to answer.