The Irvine Company

The Irvine Company Employer Reviews

Creative and Innovated Working Invironment
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Irvine, CaMay 16, 2013
Irvine Company is not only among America’s most respected and diversified real-estate companies, it is a highly sought-after employer with a wide range of opportunities throughout its large and growing portfolio of office, retail, resort and residential properties.
Great Job
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee), Irvine, CAMay 6, 2013
Pros: discounted rent, benefits, amazing training, lots of support from management
Cons: residents forget your a person sometmes
I am going to be honest, your experience greatly depends on the people you work with. My management and trainers were awesome. There are a few regionals who are phenomenal and will work for you to get a promotion if you try your best and show them you care. Great first job because you get help with housing. The only thing I would complain about is I – more... don't think they pay us enough nor do they always supply enough budget to make the place a five star apartment community as most of the staff wants their communities to be. This is a high stress job if you are not a customer service oriented person. Residents forget you are a person sometimes and will scream at you, cuss at you but on the flip side, you will get letters thanking you for an amazing job. It is perfect for a college graduate who has worked in service before, not good if you have never worked in the service industry. – less
Productive, fun workplace with great co-worker atmosphere.
Concierge (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMay 1, 2013
Pros: coworkers
ISC Guest Services was a great job for me. The management team was terrific, my coworkers were relatable and the work was enjoyable. The pay was good for the position.
well known company
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee), Irvine, CAApril 10, 2013
loved working here, great well established company in southern california
have to be extremely patient with the upper management
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee), Irvine, CAApril 6, 2013
Pros: good product to sell
Cons: horrible demoralizing management
Daily micro managing from start to finish of the week.

Nice properties.

Hardest part of working for the Irvine Company...they rarely know the value of their employee's. They truly don't care about the employee or those who lease apartments from them.
Working for the Giant
Leasing Account Manager (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMarch 26, 2013
Large Company. Well known. Room for advancement is small and they will bring in outside candidate instead of training their own. Great training. Good benefits.
One of the best companies that I worked for
NETWORK ENGINEER (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CAMarch 12, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits and great employees
Cons: required business attire even when doing dirty work
This is a great company to work for as I had the opportunity to learn and work with new and latest technologies while employed.
Extremely well-known company, magnificent training
Sales Trainer (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 20, 2013
Pros: amazing training, great benefits, decent pay, well-known
Cons: extremely corporate, slow moving, rigid rules & guidelines
Irvine Company is a well-known company with a high standard from it's employees. The management is pretty knowledgable and reliable. The employees are great and generally very excited. There is a great deal of training that is not only available, but required.
Great Introduction To Professional Setting.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), 310 Crescent Village Circle, San Jose, CA 95134January 14, 2013
Pros: full benefits, training, great people
Cons: working weekends
The Irvine Company offers great benefits and training to their employees. It also offers a fun working environment and managers that are always there to answer any questions and concerns.
Unfair Business Practices & Unethical Mgnt in Corp
Certified Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), OC, CADecember 7, 2012
Pros: rent discount, paid uniform
Cons: micromanagement, high turnover, constantly changing pay structures (pay cut), employees feel fear from mgnt
Lovely co-workers but very high turnover of staffing, constantly changing bonus-commission structures (pay cut), lots of employees including myself company made overworked, upper mgnt thinks everyone is replaceable by undervalued and unappreciated (that's why you won't see your co-workers next day by high turnover) most of employees that I know feel – more... fear from mgnt. If you are good at kissing A then will have good chance to move up quickly. (too political) Decrease of benefit, pay, etc. never increase while I was there. Micromanagement, must work weekends (no flexibility on schedule even work on holidays), constantly changing system. No HR support to employees when have problem with mgr or mgnt. Wasn't this way years ago – less
Contract Network Administration
Network Administrator (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CAOctober 14, 2012
Professional environment; Friendly coworkers.
Multiple site company in Irvine area
Beware
Certified leasing consultant (Current Employee), IrvineSeptember 24, 2012
Pros: health benefits
Cons: unethical managers
Beware, this company does not deliver what they sell to prospective employees. Very unethical, you are at the mercy of your manager with no HR support to employees. Very little advancement opportunities internally although they say there is. Constantly changing bonus structures. Most employees I know with the company feel overworked, undervalued and – more... unappreciated. So disappointing as I came to work here with high expectations. Constant employee turnover. – less
A good company to work for.
Community Manager (Former Employee), Irvine, CAAugust 27, 2012
A lot of layers of management which can be tedious for middle managers. Although, it is a big company, I did not get a sense of much internal advancement or opportunities for lateral moves within different divisions. Upper management, however, is very responsive to employee surveys. However it may be reflective of the number of qualified candidates – more... available outside of the company. – less
Professional environment
Accounting Representative (Current Employee), Irvine, CAAugust 19, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I have learned so much about all aspects of my division and other divisions of the company. Everyone I work will is nice and pleasant.
Not a healthy enviroment to work in.
Property Coordinator (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAJuly 9, 2012
Pros: wonderful customers and co-workers.
Cons: bad management.
A typical day at work would be answering customer questions, helping them with conference room reservations and gym memberships. Taking service calls and dispatching them to the engineering team. Making collection calls for tenant rents and processing vendor invoices.

I learned how to have great customer service and how to stay calm in an urgent situation.

The – more... hardest part of the job was working with management.

The most enjoyable part of the job, was taking care of my customers, the relationships I had with my vendors and with my office co-workers. – less
Professional Work Culture with Emphasis on Sales and Customer Service
Certified Leasing Consultant (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJuly 9, 2012
Pros: structured training program, paid uniforms every 6 months, dry cleaning allowance, rent discounts in all icac properties
Cons: no weekends off, will need to work holidays if you don't hit your numbers (as a property), constantly changing bonus structure, difficult to advance
This is a review for the Irvine Company Apartment Communities. The company is very well-known in Southern California and has a very strong place in the Orange County. The reputation of the company resonates with many positive and negative vibes.

The basic duties of the LC is to set up appointments, take tours and eventually close deals and get leases. – more... The miminum expectation is two a week - which depending on your property can be difficult. The flow of success is dependent on upper managements' ability to price their product well. Leasing is a roller coaster of a ride when prices fluctuate as much as they do.

The culture of the company is very conservative. Black/White suit attire is required at work, with little room to be "unique". You will be working weekends and vacations are tough to take. Holidays are only given if you hit your property quotas. The company values "People Serving People" as a motto that drives the customer service portion of the business.

With the promise of delivering a luxury rental living with an emphasis in customer service in a safe and secure city, the company delivers to the people/residents....if they have the money for it. The company often pushes its luck when it comes to increasing rent. This is a huge turn off for many people as rent is sometimes the same as a mortgage in neighboring cities. Greed is definitely the name of the game.

The pay structure is hourly plus commission. The hourly is essentially for serving your residents and solving their issues (inputting work orders, settling rent, etc.) and the commission is for any/all new leases you bring to the community. The commission structure is constantly changing and the bar seemingly out of reach everytime. Depending on your property, you are going to face competition with other LCs and also other members of the office to get leases...It is difficult to hit your bonus consistently, and with the new bonus structure it looks like LCs will be making less money and less consistently.....

Overall the company is decent for college graduate. The reputation of the company should be able to help jump start someone's career. The training is top-notch and should help groom most people to be prepared in selling oneself in their next interviews. – less
Very productive / fun environment. Clients receiving 5 star service.
Professional Receptionist (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJuly 4, 2012
Pros: meeting all types of people. creating more of a classic welcoming.
Cons: when goals were' nt met, mgt put a lot of pressure on leasing mgr.
A typical day as receptionist was making sure the floor was ready for our clients arrival. All refreshments made, desks cleaned. files prepared for Leasing Mgr's approval. Clients arrived and were greeted in a 5 star manor. Whatever the Manager, General Mgr and leasing consultants needed, I was there to accommodate.
As Leasing Mgr, I was able to use – more... my gift of orchestrating the Leasing Team. Our Team meetings contained Goal Setting, Action Plans, open forums of what worked and didn't work. My co workers were in one accord. I always created a fun yet hard working atmosphere. The hardest part was, on rare occasion, having to let an employee go.
The best part of that job was letting my staff create their own goals, obtain them, own their mistakes and then celebrate their victories by the Team as a whole. – less
Unfair business practices.
Site Associate (Former Employee), Northern, CAJune 11, 2012
Top level managers are not supportive. Provide no guidance.
A complete Workplace
consultant (Former Employee), Irvine ,CaliforniaJune 5, 2012
Pros: structured
Professional, organized workplace.
Supervision encourages Advancement and Education
Excellent company to work for
Property Assistant (Current Employee), Irvine, CAMay 2, 2012
Pros: free training for job and life enhancement, matching 401k, flexible hours, excellent attitudes.
The Irvine Company is an excellent place to work. The opportunities are tremendous such as quarterly team rally's, extensive training in all alreas for business and personal life enhancement,a nd internal advancement. The small office atmosphere is a good starting point for any new employee to get a good understanding of the company before moving up – more... to the much larger corporate office positions. – less

About The Irvine Company

Founded more than a century ago, the privately held company is known internationally for the communities it continues to create – Read more