The Irvine Company

The Irvine Company Employer Reviews

Great company to work for!
Certified Leasing Consultant (Current Employee), Orange CountyApril 13, 2014
Pros: great culture. higher management is very involved and care about their employees!
Cons: not many. people will be people.
This is a great company with a fun work environment, great people, and great attitudes. People are people however so with any company you pray that you will get good managers and coworkers, I am fortunate to have both.Pay is good with opportunities to always make more money depending how hard you work. I recommend!
productive
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMarch 27, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: fun
easy place to work great staff and easy job. we had to maintain 200 units and prepare units for new move ins which were frequent due to are closeness to UCI
Good Company
Senior Director Office Development (Current Employee), Irvine, CAFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: company has the ability to do great things
Cons: no comment
Management of consultants and staff. Finanical management, review of project designs and standards.
Fun place to work with decent benefits
Property Management (Current Employee), CAJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: best of the best in property management!
Cons: medium pay and you are required to work every weekend.
The Irvine Company has many departments from residential, retail, vacations and commercial. My review is based on the residential side only.

I love my job because I meet the most intelligent people in the world by just showing up to work. For tech, Silicon Valley is the place to be! Now imagine all of those techies needing a place to live and then myself having access to thousands high-end apartment homes in the area! My days are spent building relationships with the top CEOs, engineers and all sorts. The Irvine Company hires the best of the best in terms of personality and customer service. Their management teams from the ground floor and all the to the top treat each and every one of their employees like a person, not a number. The Irvine Company's product is always made of the best of quality and they always are making strives to improve. When working for The Irvine Company, you feel a sense of pride knowing that you are working for the best in the industry.

Although there is room for growth, the promotions do not necessarily come with that much of a higher pay increase. Considering the average pay is less than medium, you are usually also required to work every weekend during your career. Even managers usually have to work at least one weekend day. I don't mind working on the weekends, its what I agreed to beforehand, but it becomes a little much after many years of employment. You can take vacations, but at the same time you will most likely not hit your goal, which results in less pay and possible diciplinary actions. Besides my rant on the pay and weekend obligations, The Irvine Company offers a lot of perks and it is truly an amazing place to work!

For privacy reasons, my start date and title have been modified.
Loyal employees retaining talent
Service Desk Technician (Former Employee), Irvine, CANovember 18, 2013
Pros: structured hours
Cons: cross training with other teams was lacking
A typical day at work would consists of back to back Service Desk phone calls, tickets that require troubleshooting, provisioning, and escalation to the appropriate team. Management trusts employees to do the day to day work and keep teams involved and updated on goals and strategy. Co-workers love being challenged with new projects and tasks. Hardest part of the job is knowing when to call it a day and go home. Most enjoyable part of the job it being able to troubleshoot and resolve end user issues and suggesting process improvements when one is recognized.
Friendly fast pacing environment
Marketing Analytics Manager (Current Employee), Orange County, CANovember 12, 2013
Highly motivated employees who are always ready to start working on the new projects
Interesting Place to Work
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CANovember 5, 2013
Pros: great compensation
Cons: job security
The company was interesting place with a lot of opportunity. Worked for the PMO that was responsible for implementation of all IT projects for the company. Great learning experience to get my hands into all types of projects. Co-workers were great and hard working. Management promoted the ability to try new ideas to increase communications to other departments and bring project management to all aspects of the company.
Buss person (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CAOctober 17, 2013
A typical day at work is making sure the silverware was polished and the tables were all setup. I learned to be professional and organized.
The management was still on the learning phase. The co-workers were all nice a friendly. The hardest part of the job, there wasn't constantly on hitting the numbers of costumers coming in. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the people that did come in.
Enjoyable Work Environment
Island Hotel Guest Relations Representative (Current Employee), Newport Beach, CASeptember 16, 2013
Pros: meals, enough staff, benefits
Cons: overworked, catty coworker environment
I have enjoyed my time with Irvine Company. Management actively encourages staff in their field and promotes ownership and growth within the company.
Wonderful place to work at.
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CAAugust 26, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: too hot when a.c breaks down
4 a.m You get in and stretched out the sheets to process it. The machine ironed. Material in hotel rooms and then restaurants.

10 a.m Lunch

10:30 a.m Back to work. Ironed and washed napkins and other cloth the restaurants.

After 8 hours we left. But we always did teamwork elsewhere job doesn't get done.
Productive & interesting place to work.
Concierge (Current Employee), Santa Monica, CAAugust 6, 2013
Responsible for assisting with the fielding & fulfilling of personal & professional requests from residents & guests, including dining, entertainment & travel arrangements. Welcome guests with an emphasis on fulfilling requests, following special handling instructions & adhering to established policies & procedures. Resolve guest complaints, properly handle room keys according to department policies & procedures. Handled multi-line phones, accepts Fed Ex, On Trac & UPS & contacts residents to alert them of incoming mail.Photocopying, faxes & file maintenance. Accepts checks for the rental properties as well as give out leasing information & set up appointments. Check requests & expense report preparation, Word processing, memos, letters, presentations, etc. Acquisition due diligence coordination (meeting scheduling & manage files). Assist with events – planning/execution. Ensure all appropriate departments are informed of guests special needs & requests. Provide a high level of customer service to guests of high social standing with discretion & professionalism
This Company cares about its employees
Guest Services Associate (Current Employee), Irvine, CAAugust 6, 2013
Pros: great staff and management
Cons: long drive for me
I work both in sales and customer service within this company. I deal with many inquiries and issues daily. I have learned how to effectively communicate with guests/customers in a respective, productive manner. I have been challenged with many obstacles such as guest complaints and unsatisfied customers, but I have overcome the fear of handling certain situations. The most difficult part of the job is satisfying every single customer, yet the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to explain why things are the way they are on behalf of the company and receiving great feedback afterwards from the customers.
Enjoyed working in a professional corporate real estate environment
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CAJuly 18, 2013
Pros: busy, steady work
Acquired great experience working for a very large land owner, developer, property management company. They are extremely professional and fair to their employees. Learned alot working in and with the various divisions and departments.
Great place to work!
Quality Assurance Supervisor (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJuly 9, 2013
Pros: great training.
Cons: none.
The Irvine Company is a great company! The company is very professional and has a great product.
Team work is not something that is incouraged, it ever person for them selfs.
Project Coordinator Office Properties (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMay 19, 2013
Pros: was able to learn accounts receivables
Cons: its no family environment which in this world helps everyone to work as a team.
I'm greatful I was giving the opportunity to work in such a large corporation.
Creative and Innovated Working Invironment
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Irvine, CaMay 16, 2013
Irvine Company is not only among America’s most respected and diversified real-estate companies, it is a highly sought-after employer with a wide range of opportunities throughout its large and growing portfolio of office, retail, resort and residential properties.
Great Job
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee), Irvine, CAMay 6, 2013
Pros: discounted rent, benefits, amazing training, lots of support from management
Cons: residents forget your a person sometmes
I am going to be honest, your experience greatly depends on the people you work with. My management and trainers were awesome. There are a few regionals who are phenomenal and will work for you to get a promotion if you try your best and show them you care. Great first job because you get help with housing. The only thing I would complain about is I don't think they pay us enough nor do they always supply enough budget to make the place a five star apartment community as most of the staff wants their communities to be. This is a high stress job if you are not a customer service oriented person. Residents forget you are a person sometimes and will scream at you, cuss at you but on the flip side, you will get letters thanking you for an amazing job. It is perfect for a college graduate who has worked in service before, not good if you have never worked in the service industry.
Productive, fun workplace with great co-worker atmosphere.
Concierge (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMay 1, 2013
Pros: coworkers
ISC Guest Services was a great job for me. The management team was terrific, my coworkers were relatable and the work was enjoyable. The pay was good for the position.
well known company
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee), Irvine, CAApril 10, 2013
loved working here, great well established company in southern california
have to be extremely patient with the upper management
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee), Irvine, CAApril 6, 2013
Pros: good product to sell
Cons: horrible demoralizing management
Daily micro managing from start to finish of the week.

Nice properties.

Hardest part of working for the Irvine Company...they rarely know the value of their employee's. They truly don't care about the employee or those who lease apartments from them.

About The Irvine Company

Founded more than a century ago, the privately held company is known internationally for the communities it continues to create – Read more