The J. M. Smucker Company

The J. M. Smucker Company Employee Reviews

team member environment
Machine Operator & Quality Functional Leader (Former Employee), Scottsville, KentuckyAugust 26, 2015
Pros: You never had to do the same job. You changed it up according to area they needed you in for night.
Cons: Learning new item codes for new products being ran
Group meeting beginning of every shift informing us of products being ran on each line, any issues, previous shifts out put & nightly goals, product cutting results from previous shifts, inform team members of any quality issues or changes. Any company changes for team members management informs us on. Management lets team members know where they will be working for the shift. You go prepare for nightly shift with all tool & appareal you may need for night. Go get pass down from previous team member doing the job that your taking over for. Complete first quality check of night making sure everythings correct, clean work area if needed, make any adjustments you see fit for maximum production out put. Discuss with team member your working with any findings you have & adjustments that need to be made. Company is expanding to meet demands so you had new team members to work with & help them learn the machines. Was demanding but fun working with new people & helping them become stronger team members. I enjoyed working with other team members because it helped me learn things about the machine I didn't know & it made me a stronger team member.
Great support from management.
Director of National Sales (Current Employee), Orrville, OHAugust 16, 2015
There has been a tremendous amount of opportunity for advancement over the last 12 years. Management is incredibly supportive.
Great Personality, rewards and recognition
Plant Technician (Current Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 11, 2015
Pros: No micromanaging
Cons: Communication
Good Workplace and nice coworkers. Beautiful campus and state of the art facility. Rewards and recognition is more often than expected. This company offers extraordinary benefits.
Good to work for and promote form within
Technician (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 4, 2015
Pros: lunch caffeteria
Cons: locked in gate
Good place to work for and they promote from within,Had very good training for the job. Company store to shop at on certain days.
I like to keep myself busy.
Would like to work in production or warehouse (Former Employee), New Orleans,LAAugust 3, 2015
Pros: I get along good with everyone.
Cons: I don't like to here people talk bad about there employer.
I am a hard worker and like to do a good job. I am always open to learn and like helping coworkers. I feel good at the end of the day when I know that I did a good hard days work.
Productive and fun place to work, great company
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee), Orrville, OHJuly 12, 2015
Great management, family oriented
Diverse products, numerous employment opportunities
Corporate setting, workout facility, campus setting
Productive and educational place to work.
Operator I (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Holliday social activities decent pay.
Cons: long hours.
A typical day is running production, checking for quality, Learned and received certificates for job courses provide by the company. Had to get use to long hours. overall good place to work.
Fanastic company to work for
Intern, Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee), Orrville, OHJune 24, 2015
Pros: Great work culture, high values, managerial feedback
Cons: Fast-paced work day (which could be a pro)
The culture of the JM Smucker Company is one of the best I have ever seen. The buildings are very clean and manicured. The staff is very friendly, helpful, and genuinely want to be a part of the company. Hardest part of the job was the fast-paced days in the Customer Logistics department. However, I would not trade the relationships I made with my co-workers, customers, and clients for the world. A+++ Rating.
Smuckers gave imployees a chance to advance.
Production Technician/Quality Leader (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 18, 2015
I miss working for Smuckers because they cared about their employees and they also gave you a chance to advance. I Hate they laid us off by they where surpose to close.
Great Workplace with Great Company Culture
Director of National Accounts, Supervalu (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJune 15, 2015
Smuckers will always be a great place to work and grow as long as they have such great brands to manage and sell. Their treat every employee like they make a difference. It is not uncommon to see senior C-level employees sitting and having lunch with the most junior level analysts. The best part of the job was always the interaction with our customers as they engage in selling our strong brands and their desire to work with us to bring our products to the consumer. The biggest challenge Smucker will face in teh future is keeping their great company culture in place as they expand and grow through acquisition.
Productive place to work friendly proffessional work enviroment.
Operator I (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 11, 2015
Was good company to work for ,you can advance there, a good company culture ,the company had program where you could further educate yourself always gave you feedback to help improve productivity.good company to work for,had to get used to long hours.
Honest employer strong in value and quality
Bakery Production Coordinator (Former Employee), Scottsville, KYJune 4, 2015
Pros: Training
Cons: Limited management opportunity
A company truly committed to strong ethics and quality. I was able to gain good supervision skills and a better understanding of business ethics. I appreciate my time there and would consider them a great example for the food industry.
I really wasn't there very long. My job was through a temp service that lost their contract. But, the little time I worked it was all good. One thing
Forklift operator (Former Employee), Lacombe, La.May 27, 2015
A typical day at work, I give it my all. I enjoy working and exceeding expectations. One thing I've learned is I proved to myself that I can get adapt easily to new situations. As far as in the production of work, I learned how to consolidate products securely onto 1 pallet. The hardest part of my job was working every week-end, not having that special time with my girls.
Excellent experience
Security Driver (Current Employee), Orrville, OHMay 22, 2015
Pros: PB&J on every floor, onsite fitness and wellness center.
Cons: Difficult promotion process
This job provides great hands on learning and has offered me great success at my current position. Training was provided nationally and has been state of the art. They place a great focus on team work. Every employee brings a fantastic background.
Good company.
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Seneca, MOApril 28, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Long hours, advancement requires relocation
Good company, with good family background and good pay. Advancement requires relocation. Great team to work with. Company is growing fast and there are some opportunities and job security.
Productive and fulfilling workplace.
Logistics Coordinator Intern (Former Employee), Oxnard, CAApril 26, 2015
Pros: Great work enviorment
Cons: High stress
The most enjoyable part of the job was also the hardest as the fast pace prevented one from growing bored and required you to constantly adapt to new situations.
good work environment
Sorter (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 21, 2015
Pros: scheduled work day
Cons: payscale
Consistent work with maximum pressure on quotas that makes for a good day. The ability to work individually with little supervision helps everybody knew their job and did it making teamwork easier.
Ever changing work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Orrville, OHApril 15, 2015
Changing roles is like changing companies. With every position came new territory and a varied team. It was a good place to work with good people that new change was always around the corner.
Excellent Management Stucture
Operations Lead Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZ.March 24, 2015
Great Training programs
Well compensated
Well balanced work and home life
Great Benefits
Strong resource abilities
Good Coworker environment
Strong Management
good job
Industrial Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 11, 2015
i was working with jm smucker company as a co -op for 4 month .was a good test for me .
i like smuckers team is nice people
that's all for me