The J. M. Smucker Company Employee Reviews

Great family friendly company
General Labor in Manufacturing environment (Former Employee) –  Orrville, OHSeptember 19, 2017
Smuckers was a great company to work for. The environment was very family friendly. Relaxed environment with lots of opportunity for training and for advancement.
Relaxed work environment
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VASeptember 12, 2017
Very relaxed and easy going place to work the only issue i had was the hours and rotating shifts. Coworkers are nice for the most part and there is room for advancement.
Fun place to work
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 28, 2017
I am happy to work for Smucker Company. I have worked with many good employees, good managers. We work like a team. This company has a good work environment, and a good benefit as well.
a different culture
Director (Former Employee) –  Orrville, OHAugust 25, 2017
Culture is good but not for everyone. They are fair employer that tries to have good work place and culture. It can come across as rather cult like. When they acquire a company they do not treat the new employees as part of the family in all cases.
Pros
good HQ
Cons
lower pay, not inclusive to acquired employees
Good Culture with Good Cafeteria
Business Lead Analyst, Green Coffee Material Team (Former Employee) –  Orrville, OHAugust 15, 2017
The campus is welcoming and employees have have access to a gym, health center, daycare center and healthy cafeteria. All the amenities that make you feel welcome and valued.
Production isn't the best department to work when applying for work.
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VAAugust 8, 2017
Ability to work around good people but management doesn't follow company beliefs.Too much favoritism amongst people and onboarding is a slow process.Also,too much assigned overtime when short staffed.
Pros
Annual incentives
Cons
Favoritism
Fast moving job
Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAAugust 8, 2017
I loved working for Smuckers. I had to load the trucks with a
forklift. And keep the warehouse neat and clean. Everybody
there all got along with each other.
Pros
Great pay and benefits.
Cons
Hard work but I loved it.
Multi-product production facility
Quality Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Woodburn, ORJuly 22, 2017
This location was a facility that did multiple products fresh pack berries and other fruit products during the summer and other product formulations. Days were busy with production but with a can do culture of its employees. Management was experienced and competent and had a good team environment. There were daily challenges to get all the raw product processed in a timely manner. Working with a variety of individuals was rewarding here.
Great place to work and really care about their employees!
Consumer Department (Current Employee) –  Orrville, OHJuly 1, 2017
I started at Smuckers as college help and I've never worked for a better company before! They walked me through the training process with extensive information which made me feel confident about my job. Also, the employees there are very helpful & friendly which makes the experience a lot more interesting!
Great Company!
Human Resource Manager (Current Employee) –  Seneca, MOJune 30, 2017
The culture and people are what made this such an enjoyable place to work. You feel a sense of pride working for a company that strives to put out the best quality products, promotes well being for their employees, and invests in their people.
Pros
People/Relationships/Benefits/Culture/Quality
Great working environment
Scientist/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Terminal Island, CAJune 27, 2017
Organized, focused working environment.
Pet R &D management is ex P&G.
Great brands. Product development with a conscience.
Need better marketing to sell Nostalgic brands.
Great Family Atmosphere
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 26, 2017
This is a family run company and you can tell from the way employees interact with each other. There are clearly defined cultural values and expectations management shares with employees to make sure everyone is being a team player and a nice person to be around. After leaving this company for another opportunity I really miss this atmosphere.
Pros
Great atmosphere
this app is confusing the two companies this isnt snu cm ers jelly its smuckers meats
Butcher/Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Mount Joy, PAJune 23, 2017
Very good company to work for. They not only taught treated me as family but accepted my hard times. However i got let go with no notice. However they gave severance pay which they didnt have to.
Pros
always work
Cons
no communication
Good company culture
Principal Manager, Open Innovation (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 21, 2017
People are very nice and helpful. Work Life balance is excellent. The headquarters in Orrville (OH) have a nice cafeteria and a gym. Good entry-level opportunity to start a career.
Family run company rapidly migrating to big business
Manager, SG&A and Business Intelligence (Current Employee) –  Orrville, OHJune 21, 2017
Typically workday is 9-12 hours depending on the time of month. Fast paced with cost cutting activities being main focus. Culture has went through a major change due to struggling top line sales and external pressures such as 3G in the food industry. Hardest part of the job is changing ways of doings things.
Pros
Gym, benefits, time off
Cons
job cuts, lack of advancement opportunities
Okay
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  OxnardJune 19, 2017
This place was seasonal for me and o enjoyed working there. Honestly it's okay not great not terrible. Its a good job to make money and a lot of over time.
Worse job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAJune 16, 2017
I was being harrassed at work and i was the one who go in trouble. Bad hr and supervisors. They dont care about there employees at all. Dont work there
Not what it used to be
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Orrville, OHJune 14, 2017
Recent changes in management have significantly changed what it means to work for this company. It was once a "we're all in this together" place to work. It is quickly becoming an "every man for himself" type of place. The quality of senior leadership has declined greatly over the past five years. Several new outside leaders have been hired that do not reflect the company values. Very sad days.
Pros
beautiful campus, decent pay
Cons
total lack of strategic vision, micro management
Very productive and reliable
werehouse leadman (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAMay 31, 2017
I be worked for all in one for 1 yr now and I need more pay but transportation of clients to and from spots. Was very rewarding the only reason I'm searching is for more money.
Pros
Working with people
Cons
Your the boss
Boring.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Scottsville, KYMay 29, 2017
A typical day at work was looking at a bunch of bread go by for 12 hours a day... i learned how to work well with others on a assembly line. Very important that everyone is there, or production did not go smoothly.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Kentucky Taxes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The J. M. Smucker Company. Our community is ready to answer.

The J. M. Smucker Company Reviews by Location