The J. Peterman Company Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Interesting workplace environment with great employees.
Technical Designer (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 10, 2013
A typical work day started with checking emails from our overseas vendors and had fit sessions to determine garment specs were correct. We had meetings to decide which products to carry and which to drop. Each person was responsible for a specific number of styles and had to develop them accordingly. I learned to work with overseas vendors and to become self sufficient in my own work. My main manager was truly amazing, she made work fun and enjoyable. My co-workers were great and helped me with any problems I encountered. The hardest part about this job was communication issues between departments. The most enjoyable part of this job was working with great people and vendors in the making of truly one of a kind items.
Pros
Holiday and Birthday Parties
Cons
Lack of Communication between Departments
Unprofessional call-center with poor management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHMay 4, 2013
Let me start off by saying that if you are male, I suggest you please avoid trying to get a job as a customer service representative at the J. Peterman Company. The call center is dominated by gossipy, hormonal, obnoxious, hateful women who never shut up. Management is wishy-washy and allows the reps to talk - wait, I'm sorry, let me rephrase that - YELL, LAUGH, SCREAM as loudly and as often as they like while other representatives *attempt* to assist customers over the phone. Oftentimes customers will ask "Is there a party going on in there?". If the Petermans were up here in Ohio and knew how godawful things were, they'd strangle someone with a Victorian Ruffle Scarf. As for communication, forget about it. You rarely will hear formal announcements being made about policy changes - it's pretty much all word of mouth. But you'll never actually hear it, because the women in the call center are too busy gabbing about their baby-mama drama. If you are like me and you thrive on a positive, cheerful environment, forget about it. You will be stuck in a large room with no windows for eight hours with 13 or so overpoweringly obnoxious women-children. The job itself could be fun, but you won't ever experience "fun" or "enjoyment" here. You will be nothing but annoyed.
Cons
poor management, bad attitudes, constant policy changes without people being made aware of them
Great team environment but quality of merchandise is declining.
Marketing Manager/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KY and Blue Ash, OHFebruary 2, 2012
Working in the creative sector of the business we did well in selling the merchandise regardless of numerous, half baked policy changes occurring at the customer level. I understand the evolving business model that has the customer experience at the center, however things changed that put customer experience in the "back seat".
Pros
team worked with are very creative and productive.
Cons
expensive benefits and no 401k

Want to know more about The J. Peterman Company?

Ask a question