The J.M. Smucker Company

The J.M. Smucker Company Employer Reviews

I enjoyed my time there.
Production Worker (Former Employee), Scottsville, KYOctober 30, 2014
Pros: free sandwhiches
Cons: nights are long
I started on line inspecting sandwhichs before the go to wrapper..I them started working in the bakery. People there were very nice to work there. hardest part was nights..
Great place to work, terrific company.
Applications Developer (Current Employee), Orrville, OhioOctober 27, 2014
Pros: great company
Great place to work, terrific company. Great people and environment.
Good company with good benefits
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Orrville, OHSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: good benefits and free samples sometimes
Cons: pay and hours
You are on an honor system, you come to work and go home keeping track of your own time. You do your jobs and do it good and you do not hear anything from anyone. I generally do not see my supervisor for weeks at a time because I go to work and do my job.
Good Place to Work
Territory Sales Manager, Beverage (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 17, 2014
I really liked working for them. It was a home-based position so enjoyed the flexibility of managing my own travel and sales call schedules. Hardest part of the job was the size of the territory.
Intern
Information Security Intern (Current Employee), Orrville, OHSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: free lunches, amazing culture
Very good pay and good experience. Recommend for all college students in the area. Everyone is extremely nice and willing to help you out regardless of experience level.
Packaging Engineer, R&D Intern (Former Employee), Orrville, OHAugust 19, 2014
Amazing job culture and a heavy workload that makes for an amazing job experience
Learning Experience
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Havre de Grace, MDAugust 19, 2014
Pros: great people to work for
Cons: experience does not count for hiring must have a ged
Learned how to run a Pallet Jack at this job but due to not having a GED, I could not get hired on full time so I had to leave.
Best place I have ever worked
DLx Business Process Owner (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 8, 2014
GREAT COMPANY, left because the closed the location in Kansas City. Best way I have been told you do not have a job.
Great job with a future in benefits
Commercial Cleaning Person (Current Employee), Orrville, OHAugust 7, 2014
Pros: great benefits.freebies from the company.
Cons: night hours.
Each day is eight hours with a half hour for dinner break.
I enjoy learning getting acquainted with the lives and moods of my co-workers.
The cleaning job is routine, the challenge to get it cleaned in the eight hour slot given, to make the best use of my time. The hardest part of this job working into the wee hours of the morning. I start shutting – more... down at midnight, so the last hour is the most challenging. I enjoy working with others. – less
nice work place
Wrapper Operator (Former Employee), Scottsville, KYJune 18, 2014
Pros: pay was good, and awesome benfits
Cons: short breaks
come in and run a wrapper and make sure looks good to go into the stores.
OK place - good benefits
Marketing (Former Employee), Orrville, OHMay 2, 2014
Lots of politics, small company leader mindset. Favoritism based on who you know.
productive and a experience
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Elmwood, LAMarch 5, 2014
learned a lot about food services.Became certified in machine operator and a forklift operator.
Good Company Good People
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee), Ripon, WIMarch 1, 2014
Typical day at work, is a constant flow of communication between Management, Supervisors, Quality to Maintenance with the main goal of producing a good quality product. Which is the company's number one goal. Some days are busier than others but we produce such a large number of different products in various containers. So changeovers and flavor changes – more... are a common occurance for one day. We ship product to atleast 7 different countries and we follow strict guidelines/specifications for each one. I like coming in to a work environment where we make something different every day. We also have a strict guidelines for the Allergen Program, Kosher, and Organic programs we have in place, for all the different products we produce. – less
Not a bad place to work, if you can deal with all of the mirco-managment.
Packing Area Leader/Operator/Mechanic (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: good working conditions and pay
Cons: hard to have a home life, due to the hours and shifts
At this job, I gained a lot of skills in mechanics. I am now a sound operator, mechanic, and manager of priorities. I was impressed with the way that this company trains its individuals. Most jobs here can be picked up rather quickly, if you have the dedication. The worst part of a manufacturing job such as this one, is managing your time between work, – more... and your family, as all technicians will work twelve hour shifts, switching from days and nights. – less
Culture moving backward
IT Manager (Current Employee), Orrville, OHFebruary 9, 2014
Leadership practices which contributed to past successes are less seldom applied. The company is currently challenged gaps in alignment across the organization which translates into an ineffective use of both financial and human resources.
Great place to work, schedule is hard on a family oriented person.
entry level (Current Employee), Scottsville, KYJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: benefits, pay, people
Cons: hours
I would stay at Smuckers until retirement if they would just go to a normal mon-fri and weekend shifts. Good pay for the area. If you work hard you can advance fairly quickly.
I loved my job! Great people, good benefits and all around good place.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Scottsville, KYJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: can advance quick there, excellant pay and benefits.
Cons: temperatures can go from one extreme to another in each department.
My computer for some reason would not shade in five stars for overall rating, but that's what I would give it. Numerous ways to advance. Functional Leadership, ( I was Education and Training Leader). Equipment Expert, System Ownership was just some of the areas for advancement. Constantly learning. 100% employee involvement. Good place. Worked 12 hr – more... shifts. Management interacted with employees on the floor. New everyone by name,. – less
Lots of overtime, Great money
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: long hours
Cons: great benefits
Long hours and long weeks sometime we did not have days off. We had lots off benefits and had monthly bonuses and great pay.
Great place to work!
Technician/Operator (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 12, 2014
This is a great place to work because things are laid back but still get done efficiently, co-workers are fun and helpful, and it is a comfortable atmosphere for an enjoyable work environment.
Interesting culture
Distribution Supervisor/Logistics Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 13, 2013
Pros: great jelly for the family !!
Cons: different culture
Managing small crew of team members with daily loadout schedule
Juggling multiple duties
Great mgmt.
Fun to work with
giving neg feedback
Working with seasoned personnel

1 2 3

About The J.M. Smucker Company

The J. M. Smucker Company gets its bread and butter from more than just making and marketing jelly. The company's known for manufacturing – Read more