The Jacobson Group Employee Reviews

Jacobson review
Subject Matter Expert/Evidence of Coverage Writer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 20, 2017
I enjoy the management of Jacobson Group. It was the assignment separate of them that need more investigating. I enjoyed my project manager with Jacobson but not the company I was assigned to.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Needed to see that things were declining with contract
Very Supportive
New Orleans, Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 29, 2017
Smart organization, dedicated employees. I did not work with staff, I was a consultant to an external client. My contact at Jacobson was supportive.
Experienced Professional
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeJune 22, 2017
I enjoy what I do! It has allowed me the convenience to work from home and still extend my expertise. I have learned that it is not easy calling into a call center for help, but it makes a big difference getting a polite representative that helps you without complaint. This is what I do on a daily basis and it make me smile at the end of each day. Knowing that I have helped someone in need.
Can be a lack of communication with contracted companies
Claims Adjuster Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 29, 2017
Sometimes it can be frustrating when trainers, management and the team leads assigned to coordinate information, process, procedures and expectations of the company the employees are assigned too drop the ball, leaving the employees confused and unable to get clarification and the information they need to do their job to their best ability.
Pros
work from home, overtime usually becomes available, can be flexible
Cons
contracts can end suddenly, training is usually fast paced and inadequate leaving employees with many unanswered questions
Productive in a fast paced environment
Group Life Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 24, 2017
I worked for a Boston based company through The Jacobson Group a temporary agency as a group life underwriter. I enjoy underwriting and the decision making involved.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Temporary
Lack of management and compensation.
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 19, 2017
Very hard to move up. Very low base salary. The hardest part of the job is communicating with management. There is favoritism throughout the company.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
payment
Remote Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 28, 2016
I loved working this job but the only downside to it was that the job was contracted. And i like the fact that i could work remote from home. Co-workers were great and helpful
Pros
Working from home and hours
Cons
The job was contracted
An ever growing & dynamic place to work!
Operations (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 2, 2015
Working at The Jacobson Group has shown me what a strong organization is capable of. The company has grown so much, just within my first year and it has taught me how to work in a fast paced environment and how valuable teamwork is. In addition, upper management is more than helpful and supportive to all the employees.
The hardest part of this job is keeping up with the growth. Being that it is a rapid growth, there is still need for serious expansion within operations. So, it can be stressful, but it is well worth all the work.
great pay, great hours
MEDICAL UNDERWRITER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 29, 2015
I worked as a medical underwriter on a contract position. They paid for transportation to go home every 4 weeks, my apartment, weekly allowance $250 (for food,etc). Lots of overtime after the day and on weekends. I didn't like how management ignored co-worker issues with sharing cars. I would definitely work for them again though.
Pros
Great pay for health insurance underwriting contract work
Cons
Management didn't want to be bothered with some issues
a typical day at work involves from simple claims to complex claims for process. I learned even more to what I already know from education and work.
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 17, 2015
I enjoy working from home with this company. Minimum supervision and Micro managing. We can give input to the employer for outlook on claim(s) adjudication(s) or other claims examiner work process and trends with certain system issues.
Pros
able to work from home
Cons
Tedious when most complex claims arises.
Consulting assignment with bank executives
Ratings Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 10, 2015
Worked on a temporary assignment with bank executives seeking ratings advice on an investment in the insurance market.
Pros
Quick start
Cons
No benefits from temporary assignment
I loved working
Group Setup Representative (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYApril 24, 2014
Great place to work. You work from home and the pay is great! If you have to travel for training all expenses are paid!
Pros
Work from home
Cons
sometimes you may have to travel for training, job I had was temporary
Productive and a fun place to work.
Temporary assignments as Senior Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TexasMarch 9, 2014
The job counselors were great to work with. They worked very hard in keeping you in positions that were well defined within your work history.
Pros
Learning something new everyday.
Cons
The positions were temporary.
Productive Workplace with advance challenges for training
Healthcare Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 13, 2014
If you enjoy short term assignments locally or out of state options with a decent hourly, then this is a good match for you. Although, if looking for long term employment, you should check out other options.
Temporary Employment
Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 5, 2012
The company was pretty accomodating to the clients and its workers. The hardest part of the job was adjusting to the constant change in directives.
Excellent company
Commercial Underwriting Trainee (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 30, 2012
negotiates excellent contracts, good communication and great account representatives.
Pros
pd lodging and per diem
Cons
not alot of property and casualty positions