The Jay Group Employee Reviews in United States

Great job for someone starting out as a CSR
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 27, 2016
A typical day at The Jay Group would include being phone ready at your start time, answer phone and assist customers. I had to do some light upselling and cross selling. Each CSR was given a monthly quota that we had to reach-- successfully reaching our monthly quota resulted in a bonus for each CSR.
My co-workers and I got along very well, and we helped each other as much as we could.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to satisfy a customer.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the monthly bonuses.
Pros
Bonuses
Benefits
Poor Leadership, No Respect For Employees
Contact Center Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lancaster PAAugust 2, 2016
If you are looking for job security longer than a few months than the Jay Group is not for you. I was lucky to last as long as I did. Inexperienced management put into place because of nepotism does not know how to retain clients for the long term or utilize the knowledge and experience of long term employees. Employees are not appreciated and are expendable. Most co-workers were friendly but everyone in the building has their resume out there and are actively looking for other employment. If they tell you otherwise they are either content to be in a dead end, low paying job or are lying to you. Save yourself the time and effort and go work for Walmart or McDonalds...you will get paid more!
Pros
can wear jeans in the office
Cons
high employee turnover, loss of clients
Overworked, Underpaid, Always Frustrated
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 3, 2016
The job is often frustrating because not everyone works as a team. I frequently have to go after co-workers to provide me with information so I can do my own job and meet client deadlines. Work balance is not fair as I have a full plate but am given additional tasks while higher paid co-workers with the same job title are not. I am salaried and quite often take work home with me. The hardest part of the job is not being appreciated for the work that you do even though you go above and beyond. It also is a lot of pressure knowing that if you lose one client it could have a huge negative impact on the entire company, yourself and dozens of co-workers. I continue to look for work elsewhere but only stay cause it pays the bills!
Pros
chill dress code, jeans every day, can wear a hat
Cons
can't work from home 100% of the time
Great atmosphere; positive changes
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 6, 2016
As a CSR, i was happy to find a full time job with great benefits. I could always use more money, but the people here are great and real friendly. The best part of the job is the environment and people - real team atmosphere. Lately there have been a lot of changes at The Jay Group, but I think they have had a very positive result on the company and the call center. I am happy here and have a good outlook for the company and my job here - I may even have the chance to start working from home soon!
Pros
Great cafe, friendly team, clear instructions, work at home
Cons
kind of a far drive for me
Good coworkers but company not going to be around much longer
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 4, 2016
I work in the call center as an agent and enjoy my coworkers. Supervisors are ok but if they do not like you they will find a way to get you out. Company keeps losing customers and keeps letting staff go. those that seem to know what they are doing in management roles keep leaving or get laid off cause no customers left. I am looking for a new job cause they keep losing customers and are going to close the call center soon. Stay away, you will be unemployed soon as they have no customers left.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Call center going to close
The jay group experience
Floater (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 17, 2016
It was decent everyday we did something different that involve getting products out and meeting deadlines.
I learned how to make cartons stand and be fast paced I doing so.
Management wasn't I deal but it didn't bother me.
my co-workers were fun and also worked hard I really enjoyed the time with them.
Hardest part was stuffing the cups in to the carton containers, my hands got cut a lot.
like I stated before my co-workers what the greatest part.
Fun place to work but lots of extra work drama
CSR (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAApril 22, 2016
This job had a lot of younger acting people there which could make your day go by very long if they are not serious about their job. The company itself is not bad but it could be kept better.
Pros
lots of advancement
Cons
Lots of headace
Racist company
customer service (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 21, 2016
This company is unprofessional and extremely racist. I was told being Hispanic I would never advance. They treated us horribly we dealt with customers cursing us out and we never were given support. This place was a joke.
Pros
Meeting some nice people
Cons
Treated like dirt
good place to work great earning potential
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  NYJanuary 1, 2016
great place to work great opportunity for earning potential, I learned a lot about cell phones, I enjoyed my co-workers, best part of my job was working with the customers and being able to help solve problems
Pros
great cafe/great food
Not employee friendly
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Columbia, PADecember 25, 2015
I have worked there several years and have been informed that as of early next year my job is done. They just lost to majir accounts......No job security the writing is on the wall
Pros
Great coworkers interaction with customers
Cons
Management, no respect

Want to know more about The Jay Group?

Ask a question
Procurement Company
Team Leader/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Ronks, PANovember 2, 2015
Had to deal with many job politics, that owners were not aware of took place.

Many clichés and if you weren't part of the cliché it could be costly.

Wore many hats and had opportunity to learn many facets of the client company.

Most enjoyable part of job was having an part in employee improvement--mentoring.
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
Job Politics
natzi type environment
Account Lead/ Customer Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAOctober 11, 2015
if you want a company that is employee friendly who value your work and dedication The Jay Group is not for you. you literally come into work do your job and leave. Jay Group does not care about your personal life when you are at the job youre focus is on the job and nothing else matters. they have exactly one week of associate appreciation week and after that one week everything goes back to normal.
Pros
nothing
Cons
not employee friendly, everyone gossips, people will set rules and disobey them.
A midsize company with decent job security
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 7, 2015
The routine does not change much-the customer service job is in a call center where you primarily answer telephones and do not do much of anything else. I learned about being accurate and concise with customers regarding the products they called about. I learned to be consistent in my work and the quality of the work. The management team was friendly and responsive to employee needs. The hardest part of the job is spending long hours at a desk and taking call after call with only a couple of breaks and a half-hour lunch break. The best part was the ability to assist people with their product needs.
Pros
Steady work and a sense of satisfaction in helping people
Cons
Low pay and infrequent pay increases
Nice staff to work with.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PADecember 8, 2015
Nice place to work, very successful company. I just did not like the way they would pressure you to force sales to the elderly people.
The people that I worked with are very pleasant and fun
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 4, 2015
A typical day at work would be fast paced picking and packing environment that never got dull. I learned that working as a team is very important. The management was well educated in their field and kept the team running smoothly. My co-workers were all hard working and worked well together. The hardest part of the job, was having to leave and the pay cut. The most enjoyable part of the job, was being able to handle different kinds of products every day.
Pros
Was not too far from home
Cons
Pay cut, then no longer matched 401K
The group
CSR (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 17, 2015
I would work in my area all day everyday helpinpeople on the phone fit orders or make orders for them I would also up sell them items that they might want
Pros
ACESS TO THE WEB ALLDAY
Cons
THE PAY
Never Would I Go Back!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 5, 2015
This job was not professional. The hourly pay rate was unacceptable for the type of work that was given. Management team was never around to help out and only when it was convenient to them. Going into that job was a major headache but to be able to have money was the only reason to stay at the time until finding something better.
Pros
Cons
Pay and Benefits
Good place to have a job
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 26, 2015
Good place to have a job. Can be interesting. Seldom are two days the same.

Great people to work with!

Employee tenure relatively short
Pros
Good cafe on site
Cons
no gym on site
Professional, fast paced enviornment.
floor supervisor (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PaFebruary 5, 2015
A typical day of work includes duties from meeting with an agent to go over policies and procedures current and upcoming. Pulling the days starting numbers to know what areas need the most attention that day. Keeping track of agents and making sure they stay focused. I also take incoming calls from agents who need assistance with an account related issue. I also handle escalated calls from customers, work with warehouses and outside vendors as well as the clients themselves. Training agents on soft skills, systems, accounts and emails (for the client). Attend meetings with the clients and or my co-workers for different account related issues.
Do not value their employees
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 4, 2015
Do not provide fair pay for the positions and do not value their employees. Do not provide raises. Not a good model of a positive corporate culture.
Pros
Flexibility with schedules
Cons
Do not provide fair living wages

2.6