The Jay Group Employee Reviews

Family oriented company with career opportunities
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 23, 2017
The Jay Group has a wonderful building including a massive modern warehouse, a beautifully landscaped employee entrance and an employee cafeteria. The people are friendly and professional. Ownership genuinely cares about the employees and invests in the future success of the company.
Pros
Career opportunities
Empty promises and broken visions
Rather left unsaid (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 13, 2017
Went through an extensive interview process and told about visions that were lost and promises that couldn't be met. Made to feel as though effort wasn't enough despite working 10+ hours and even weekends when needed.
Pros
Down to earth coworkers
Cons
Unorganized, unprofessional, unstable, unwelcoming, stagnant
Horrible place to work!
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 3, 2017
Horrible management. Most people in charge are extremely unprofessional, I often found myself to be the bigger person in most situations. My supervisor cursed at me on a daily basis. Laziness was ignored and hard work was almost penalized if your hard work made more work for the supervisors. Racism and racist comments from supervisors. My supervisor would discuss our personal information in front of other employees. I worked for 4 different departments within the building and all 4 had horrible management. I even worked with the owners son and he openly spoke about how him and his mother just didn't care. Ive even had things physically thrown at my face by a supervisor. HR does not care at all! It's a horrible place to work. They promised double time for holidays and we didn't get double time.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Great Working Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 3, 2017
I work from home and it a great advantage to do so. When in the office it is a great working environment. Majority of customers are very friendly and after a while you get to know them better. Co-workers are respectful as well as managers.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Hours interfere with family and church activities
Poor leadership
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PADecember 19, 2016
They just really do not care about there employee's well being and do not show appreciation for hard workers and under paid.
Cons
review for the jay group
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PADecember 8, 2016
it is a good place to work. i mean the supervisor jusy sits there all day giving order and dont do anything but i guess thats thale perk of being a boss but over all its a good place to work.
Incompetent
Don't have one (Former Employee) –  They are in Lancaster, PAOctober 17, 2016
In the peripheral contact I have had with the Jay Group I have found that they are unable to complete the simplest of requirements and are completely apathetic to any communication. If you would like your project ignored and your customers frustrated you could do no better than the poor management of the Jay Group.
Pros
Cons
They just don't care
High turnover???
looking for work (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 5, 2016
Isn't this the third time in as many years that the Exec Asst position has been posted? That's concerning.
Overworked, Underpaid, Always Frustrated
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 3, 2016
The job is often frustrating because not everyone works as a team. I frequently have to go after co-workers to provide me with information so I can do my own job and meet client deadlines. Work balance is not fair as I have a full plate but am given additional tasks while higher paid co-workers with the same job title are not. I am salaried and quite often take work home with me. The hardest part of the job is not being appreciated for the work that you do even though you go above and beyond. It also is a lot of pressure knowing that if you lose one client it could have a huge negative impact on the entire company, yourself and dozens of co-workers. I continue to look for work elsewhere but only stay cause it pays the bills!
Pros
chill dress code, jeans every day, can wear a hat
Cons
can't work from home 100% of the time
Poor Leadership, No Respect For Employees
Contact Center Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lancaster PAAugust 2, 2016
If you are looking for job security longer than a few months than the Jay Group is not for you. I was lucky to last as long as I did. Inexperienced management put into place because of nepotism does not know how to retain clients for the long term or utilize the knowledge and experience of long term employees. Employees are not appreciated and are expendable. Most co-workers were friendly but everyone in the building has their resume out there and are actively looking for other employment. If they tell you otherwise they are either content to be in a dead end, low paying job or are lying to you. Save yourself the time and effort and go work for Walmart or McDonalds...you will get paid more!
Pros
can wear jeans in the office
Cons
high employee turnover, loss of clients
Great job for someone starting out as a CSR
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 27, 2016
A typical day at The Jay Group would include being phone ready at your start time, answer phone and assist customers. I had to do some light upselling and cross selling. Each CSR was given a monthly quota that we had to reach-- successfully reaching our monthly quota resulted in a bonus for each CSR.
My co-workers and I got along very well, and we helped each other as much as we could.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to satisfy a customer.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the monthly bonuses.
Pros
Bonuses
Benefits
Great atmosphere; positive changes
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 6, 2016
As a CSR, i was happy to find a full time job with great benefits. I could always use more money, but the people here are great and real friendly. The best part of the job is the environment and people - real team atmosphere. Lately there have been a lot of changes at The Jay Group, but I think they have had a very positive result on the company and the call center. I am happy here and have a good outlook for the company and my job here - I may even have the chance to start working from home soon!
Pros
Great cafe, friendly team, clear instructions, work at home
Cons
kind of a far drive for me
Good coworkers but company not going to be around much longer
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 4, 2016
I work in the call center as an agent and enjoy my coworkers. Supervisors are ok but if they do not like you they will find a way to get you out. Company keeps losing customers and keeps letting staff go. those that seem to know what they are doing in management roles keep leaving or get laid off cause no customers left. I am looking for a new job cause they keep losing customers and are going to close the call center soon. Stay away, you will be unemployed soon as they have no customers left.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Call center going to close
Fun place to work but lots of extra work drama
CSR (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAApril 22, 2016
This job had a lot of younger acting people there which could make your day go by very long if they are not serious about their job. The company itself is not bad but it could be kept better.
Pros
lots of advancement
Cons
Lots of headace
The jay group experience
Floater (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 17, 2016
It was decent everyday we did something different that involve getting products out and meeting deadlines.
I learned how to make cartons stand and be fast paced I doing so.
Management wasn't I deal but it didn't bother me.
my co-workers were fun and also worked hard I really enjoyed the time with them.
Hardest part was stuffing the cups in to the carton containers, my hands got cut a lot.
like I stated before my co-workers what the greatest part.
Racist company
customer service (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 21, 2016
This company is unprofessional and extremely racist. I was told being Hispanic I would never advance. They treated us horribly we dealt with customers cursing us out and we never were given support. This place was a joke.
Pros
Meeting some nice people
Cons
Treated like dirt
good place to work great earning potential
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  NYJanuary 1, 2016
great place to work great opportunity for earning potential, I learned a lot about cell phones, I enjoyed my co-workers, best part of my job was working with the customers and being able to help solve problems
Pros
great cafe/great food
Not employee friendly
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Columbia, PADecember 25, 2015
I have worked there several years and have been informed that as of early next year my job is done. They just lost to majir accounts......No job security the writing is on the wall
Pros
Great coworkers interaction with customers
Cons
Management, no respect
Nice staff to work with.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PADecember 8, 2015
Nice place to work, very successful company. I just did not like the way they would pressure you to force sales to the elderly people.
Procurement Company
Team Leader/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Ronks, PANovember 2, 2015
Had to deal with many job politics, that owners were not aware of took place.

Many clichés and if you weren't part of the cliché it could be costly.

Wore many hats and had opportunity to learn many facets of the client company.

Most enjoyable part of job was having an part in employee improvement--mentoring.
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
Job Politics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Jay Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7