The Jay Group

The Jay Group Employee Reviews

The people that I worked with are very pleasant and fun
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAJune 4, 2015
Pros: Was not too far from home
Cons: Pay cut, then no longer matched 401K
A typical day at work would be fast paced picking and packing environment that never got dull. I learned that working as a team is very important. The management was well educated in their field and kept the team running smoothly. My co-workers were all hard working and worked well together. The hardest part of the job, was having to leave and the pay cut. The most enjoyable part of the job, was being able to handle different kinds of products every day.
Do not value their employees
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Lancaster, PAJune 4, 2015
Pros: Flexibility with schedules
Cons: Do not provide fair living wages
Do not provide fair pay for the positions and do not value their employees. Do not provide raises. Not a good model of a positive corporate culture.
enjoyable work environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTIVE (Former Employee), lancaster, paMay 18, 2015
Learned a couple new things, co-workers and supervisors were easy to get along with. The trainer was very efficient in what i needed to know to do well in my position.
Never Would I Go Back!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAMay 5, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: Pay and Benefits
This job was not professional. The hourly pay rate was unacceptable for the type of work that was given. Management team was never around to help out and only when it was convenient to them. Going into that job was a major headache but to be able to have money was the only reason to stay at the time until finding something better.
Handled detailed accounts and up-sell doctor's products
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAMarch 23, 2015
Confer with customers by telephone; Resolved customer's service and billing complaints. Exchanged merchandise, refunded money and adjusted bills.
Excellent company to work for with a casual outlook.
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, PAMarch 4, 2015
Goal focused company with a total focus on customer satisfaction. The Jay Group was a great company to perfect the customer service skills needed.
Packing/Collating (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAMarch 3, 2015
The Jay Group was a real busy warehouse environment where the orders were non stop. I enjoyed working there due to the fact that it was continues flow of work.
Professional, fast paced enviornment.
floor supervisor (Current Employee), Elizabethtown, PaFebruary 5, 2015
A typical day of work includes duties from meeting with an agent to go over policies and procedures current and upcoming. Pulling the days starting numbers to know what areas need the most attention that day. Keeping track of agents and making sure they stay focused. I also take incoming calls from agents who need assistance with an account related issue. I also handle escalated calls from customers, work with warehouses and outside vendors as well as the clients themselves. Training agents on soft skills, systems, accounts and emails (for the client). Attend meetings with the clients and or my co-workers for different account related issues.
Sweat shop call centers, $9.50 hr, don't waste your time
Sales (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAAugust 15, 2014
Cons: all
Disgusting, 2 10 minute breaks and 1/2 hr lunch, treat workers like children, $9.00-9.50/hr
fair
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ronks, PAJuly 3, 2014
Big company. Didn't care for the hours I worked. Not too personable. But most of the people were nice
don't plan on making a livable wage
Call Center Customer Service (Former Employee), LancasterJune 14, 2014
Pros: minimal
Cons: astronomicl
the best part of the job is the people you work with. it pretty much ends there. the facility less than clean. a 24/7 company should employ a cleaning staff to compensate for this, but they only have a m-f early daytime janitorial staff. and none on holidays either. there have been no raises in YEARS and my training class was lied to about it when we were hired. they will tell you anything to get you in the door! the base rate of pay is only $9.20/hr and the "shift differentials" are laughable at $0.18 each. a point system is in place to try and acheive optimal attendance, but if you have legitamate issues for missing work (like weather over this past winter!!), and get over 6 points, you can kiss your job good bye. they don't care how good/bad you are, simply that you are filling your seat ontime every day to answer a phone. and if the person on ther other end is screaming at you? you are NEVER allowed to disconnect with them. does not matter how much they are screaming profanities at you or threatening you. management tries to do what they can for the employees, but the company policies prevent them for doing much more than being appologetic to our plight. the only people who this job is suited for is either college kids who still livbe at home and have minimal bills or people who's spouses earn the vast majority of the family's needed income. you can't support your self, and you definitely CAN NOT support a family on these piddly, trepidatious wages. job security is nul, anxiety is high and the owners don't care as long as they make a proffit
Clean and Organized Work Place.
Production Worker (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAMay 13, 2014
Pros: the work is very simple. the work place is very clean and neat.
Cons: on your feet all day mostly standing in the same place. but over-all a good place to work.
A typical day at work starts with doing streching exercise, with is very good to start your day and loosen up your musles and help your stay in shape.
Management is very friendly.
Co-workers are friendly and approachable.
account was more for a salesperson
Call center/ customer service representative (Former Employee), Lancaster, PaMay 1, 2014
The atmosphere was good. The account that I was on was a very high powered sales person. I learned alot of customer service skills, but did not like trying to sell product on every single call. My fellow co-workers were great, we all got along very well. The absolute hardest part of the job was trying to sell product and hitting percentage goals. I exceeded the goals but did not enjoy the selling.
It must be held together with duct tape
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lancaster/ElizabethtownApril 6, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: terrible wages
Overall: The calls are a constant barrage of annoyed customers. Last month I received over 1200 call (about 50-70 per eight hour shift). Balance: I am constantly working overtime. I have no control over my schedule. Also, mandatory overtime is now required. Compensation: At less than $9.50/hr, I don't earn enough to support my wife and two kids. Additional clients and responsibilities are added without notice or additional compensation. Advancement: There are numerous job postings; however, they often require a specific skill set with many years experience. Management: If you are 1 minute late, you earn "points." Earn enough points and you're fired. After this winter, many people were fired for this reason. It is possible to get rid of points, but it means more overtime. I feel constantly pestered and berated about the details of attendance and billing. I often volunteer for extra hours, but receive no additional thanks other than general e-mails. Culture: Morale is terrible since we can't earn a living wage and work additional hours for ungrateful customers and management; however, they do have potluck meals, door decorating contests, special shirt days, and corn hole competitions. There is a cafeteria -- which is only open until 2pm -- offers well-prepared but expensive food ($8 club sandwhich).
Awesome place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAApril 2, 2014
Inbound call center. fun environment and coworkers to go to on a daily basis.
LONG DAYS
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Lancaster, PAMarch 12, 2014
Pros: good coworkers
Cons: nasty management
Coworkers are great , customers that call in are rude , constant training
stable work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lancaster, PAFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: short breaks for a 10 hour shift
I start my day by logging on to all of my systems that I need to use throughout my work day. I check my scheduled breaks/lunch for the day and log in to my phone. I learn about my job everyday. There is so much to know and it is always a learning process. I like it because its not the same thing call after call, day after day. My co-workers are wonderful. they have made me feel welcome since day one. One of the hardest parts of my job would be helping the customer understand that you are here to help them anyway you can, espically when they are angry. It is so nice to be able to have that one customer that you can help in a major way. Going above and beyond for the customer is really what customer service is all about.
great place to meet alot of diverse people
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Lancaster, PADecember 19, 2013
Pros: good work environment
A job that always had changes due to the constant changes in health care.
Customer service rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAOctober 27, 2013
I like what I did there the people and the pay. Bad thing was the contract ended and could no longer work there.
.It was a good company
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCAugust 27, 2013
Pros: we could buy cheap shoes
Cons: the pay was not great.
The job was not very exciting everday was the same.I learned to ship packages by ups industrial style.My co-workers were hard working people. The hardest part of the job was loading trucks by hands. The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers.
Headquarters