The JBG Companies Employee Reviews in United States

A Great Company.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Alexandria VaMay 25, 2015
I worked for JBG for 1year , JGB is one of the best company I ever worked for an not to many companies can come close.JBG trains their employees with a lot of training classes pay is Great an the way employees are treated like human and shown appreciation for the job you do.
JBG is one of the Best places to work for That other company Buzzuto is a far second can't touch JBG 4real.
Pros
TRAINING LUNCHES an they really care about their employees
Cons
Under staff
What an amazing company!!!!
Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDApril 6, 2015
The cutlture, creativity, growth from within, room to be you, commitment to their people, on and on...makes The JBG Companies the company out there to work for. They are simply amazing, stellar and exceptional in every way. Relocation from the area pulled me from them, but if the opportunity ever arose, I would want to go right back.

Keep it up JBG! You are doing it right!
Lots of moving parts
Residential Property Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chevy Chase MDFebruary 5, 2015
My days for the most part are busy. I know the tasks I must do and get them done with no problems. As a business the company works very well together. The hard part is when all of the moving pieces within my own team do not work out. There are communication issues, breakdowns in authority and the general thought that I am there to clean up the mess.

I am very good at what I do and that's what makes it worthwhile. My work is for the most part recognized positively and I am fine with construction criticism
Pros
free breakfast and stocked fridges with beverages
Cons
inter team workings
Fantastic Firm!
Mixed Use Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDOctober 10, 2014
JBG is a fantastic firm. Great culture, intelligent people, interesting project, and the opportunity to be at the forefront of D.C. ever changing landscape.
Pros
interesting projects, dedicated to the community, endless supply of free peanut butter, fruit delivery
Cons
the operations and onboarding process need to be restructured. policies are not often conveyed.
N/a
Sr. Property Manager (Current Employee) –  BeltsvilleDecember 19, 2013
An innovative, company that promotes career growth from within.
Pros
promotion from within.
Cons
the culture has declined somewhat. need creative ways to reconnect associates accross the portfolio.
daily work
Senior Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDSeptember 22, 2013
Came in to assist resident finding housing, maint requests, posting rental payments and day to day customer service.
Pros
enjoyed my job
Cons
issues with late rent
Conservative environment
Senior Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDJune 13, 2013
Daily review of backups and worked on any issues, checked on all servers for any issues, maintained phone system and resolved issues at any of the sites, trained helpdesk and users on areas they needed assistance with. Direct contact for outside vendors who were on call to help maintain systems. Consistently worked on providing and encouraging communication among technical staff, outside vendors, and user community.
I learned more in depth skills with regards to our Cisco environment including CUCM, Unity connection, Presence and Meeting Place Express.
Worked on managing projects and seeing them thru their lifespan.
Difficult to get technical staff to communicate issues or ideas or changes that each individual would be working on.
Enjoyed learning about cisco technology and working with the legal team on requests they needed for eDiscovery and being a liason to outside counsel.
Pros
breakfast and drinks always provided, holiday celebrations, gifts at the holidays
Cons
not being compensated for working overtime, frequent discovery of new communication methods with managers
very quiet not alot of comraderie amongst co-workers
Tenant Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 18, 2013
The JBG Companies overall is a very good company and well respected; however being in the field the atmosphere was different and the office I was in was not a team environment; no comraderie amongst co-workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The JBG Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3