The Johnson Group, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

danger !! do not even apply to jsg !!!
Machinist (Former Employee) –  United StatesMarch 10, 2016
they throw your file in the trash and wait until another company does the work and gets you a job then the day before you start they demand they get paid for you since they had you first. however if you take the job thru them they will not give you anything. even the standard benefits or anything that was agreed on will be pulled and they will only pay you half of original. even tho everyone else is getting normal pay and full benefits. this happened to a friend of mine. I am not a recruiter. I turned down the job too now. there is a different company also supplying workers to this client and they do a very good job and pay is decent. look around and do research. but DO NOT apply to JSG for ANYTHING !! You will regret it.
Pros
Cons
BAD BUISNESS, CROOKED
No culture, no security, no friendliness
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 4, 2015
Not a great place to work if you are looking for a fresh environment and/or company culture. Not welcoming, no culture, and no job security. Getting a friendly greeting from coworkers doesn't seem like too much to ask for but it was here.
It is a fast paced environment so it is good learning experience but that is about the only perk. You will be learning on your own without any support from your superiors. A ton of turnover so don't get too comfy in your job because you can be laid off at any moment.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no job security, no company culture, very drab
Spokane - Triumph
Inspector/Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAJune 9, 2016
Went up there in may this year and it was a pretty bad deal. Don't think I will work with JSG again. Lot of people went up there and got screwed.
Pros
Job offer sounded good
Cons
Too good to be true
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Canton, OhioJune 10, 2015
Good place to work if your looking for temp position with good pay and benefits. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for some extra income on a temp basis.
Be very cautious
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 11, 2016
Some of their job listings may be for scabs to cross union picket lines.
I found 16 listings currently "hiring" for jobs at the company I work for.
Johnson Service is a great organization
Information Representative (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 2, 2015
They have a supportive staff that places you in employment that best fit your skills. Johnson Service is a great company to work for that work with the management staff to place you in a position that works for your skills and personality.
Encouraged to produce quality candidates and profits for the company
Technical Sales and Recruiting (Current Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILOctober 17, 2013
Management was open to new suggestions. Some of those included additional employee perks (Corporateperks.com) which were free to company and employees. Also, took suggestion to improve the brand of the company through a new recruiting video as well as restructuring of the website to be more user friendly.
Pros
open and engaging environment, positive support structure, open communication daily, base salary is high
Cons
benefits are very poor and %100 employee paid, level of risk is very high.
Johnson Services Group is a Contract Assignment Organization and offered great salary for temporary employee.
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 20, 2015
It was a short time contract assignment approximately 2-3 Weeks, which involved Installing and setting up four (4) Kiosk Computer System at four (4) different Wal-mart Super Centers in Marion County, FL.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mobile, AlabamaAugust 26, 2015
Working for Airbus, as a contract employee through Johnson Service Group, was a great experience. The people at Airbus are an amazing, diverse group of people, and I thoroughly enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Half day on Friday, excellent job culture, great pay, diversity encouraged and embraced
Cons
Ever changing work structure, budgetary constraints cause job losses
Great Place to Work
Designer (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJanuary 4, 2013
Johnson Service Group has been a great place for me to work. I was previously unemployed and was given an opportunity and have worked hard and was given a raise after one year of service.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
health care plan needs improvement
Productive place
Worker (Current Employee) –  KnoxvilleAugust 5, 2013
After a year I got a 7 Percent raise and company paid 95 percent of health benefits.
Also, we have 15 Paid holidays and One month vacation, 5 paid sick days and 1 paid personal day per month.
My salary is now 72,500 per year.
Pros
see above
A great place to work
QA Associate (Former Employee) –  Milpitas,CANovember 19, 2014
A great place to work I enjoyed everyday at the job they sent me out too
Pros
401k, medical insurace
Cons
na
Contract position
Business Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hartsville, SCJuly 7, 2012
Business analyst for Progress Energy.
Contract position that did not turn permanent
No health benefits
50 miles commute
Pros
4/10 schedule with fridays off, great pay
Cons
no benefits
Great Staffing Company
Staffing Cdonsultant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 30, 2015
The management here was great and the company was more than fair. I was in charge of business development. The manager their was very hands off and you had the freedom to build your own book of business.
Good contracting agency
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose,CAAugust 4, 2015
They are readily available to help and don't pester individuals. For a contractor they are preferred by employers and work well as your representative
Pros
Hands off but available
Cons
didn't really find any
Southern Style Culture
CAE SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 22, 2015
Productive and fun workplace laced with Southern style culture and bowling workplace participation. Laid back, great co workers and wonderful southern style work ethic.
Very Supportive and Professional
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNMay 13, 2015
The Johnson Service Group was very good and nice to their employees. Always supportive and communicated important issues to employees. They were very professional and made sure we were aware of our safety on an assignment
Pros
Very Nice
Cons
NA
Small business, Big issues
ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Hanahan, South CarolinaJanuary 4, 2014
If you like to work in an environment where you can not talk while working, this is the place. Engineering is completely lost. If you need something inspected by QA, good luck they take forever, and still miss a lot of defects. And one of the owner's gets upset when you he can't order parts because of money but expects you to complete the projects, last time I checked you need parts to complete a job.
Pros
clean environment, co-workers are nice
Cons
owner, management, qa, engineering
Great company to work for
Office Specialist II (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 2, 2015
Johnson Service Group is a great company to work for. They are very helpful and knowledgeable. they placed me in a job within a couple weeks and I enjoyed every minute of working for them.
Upbeat Luxury Hotel
Recruiting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GaJanuary 13, 2015
Very fast paced environment. Management is very laid back, as long as you perform the necessary job duties.

The Johnson Group, Inc. Reviews by Location