The Joint Commission Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work
Life Safety Surveyor (Intermittent) (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILSeptember 26, 2017
The Best job for my past experience. Very professional. Proactive Training Annual week long Education required. Yellow Belt Certification required.
Pros
The best company I ever worked for
Cons
Travel delays - Air
This is the primary accreditating body for hospitals in the United States
Assistant Director of Administrative Services (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILSeptember 25, 2017
During my 15 years here, I managed the travel department, the conference center, meeting planning, corporate policy development and records management. It was a diversified responsibility which I enjoyed.

With a staff of 22, we arranged the travel to and from every hospital in the united states and the military hospitals around the world; prepared survey reports for the Board, managed the conference center and conference rooms, ran the file rooms and records retention program, and developed the first Corporate Policy Manual.

Pros
Diversified work areas which kept things interesting every day
Cons
The recession caused many job losses.
Productive and fun place to work with a ping pong table!
Technical Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILJune 26, 2017
Patient safety is their #1 priority
It is very meaningful work
100% the best benefits ever!!
They offer remote/work from home opportunities
They have a great wellness program and offers many activities to help you stay healthy
Pros
Onsite cafeteria with freshly made food for breakfast and lunch
great culture. strong moral leadership.
Director (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook Terrace IllinoisJune 3, 2017
Strong organizational vision and strategy.
Great culture.
Sense of meaning within the organization.
Always trying to keep patient focus.
Very employee focused.
A great mission oriented organization. Fun to work at.
Manager, Accounting (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILMarch 27, 2017
The Joint Commission on Accreditation of healthcare organization is a mission oriented organization serving the public health. Fun to work in a team oriented environment and a great leadership at all levels of management. Provides opportunity to advance and a constant learning and improvement environment.
Pros
Excellent Pay and Benefit Package. Safety Culture environment
Cons
Extremely dedicated to meeting deadlines puts pressure on some employees
Good, friendly people to work with.
Clinical Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook Terrace, ILFebruary 27, 2017
I liked working here. The job was challenging. Management was hands off, in that I was not micromanaged, which I like. I'm a self starter, so I don't need someone looking over my shoulder all the time.
Pros
Challengeing and I learned new systems.
stable company
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 11, 2017
typical day at work, 10-4
what you learned: politics
management, too many layers
co-workers, nice
the hardest part of job: must follow
the most enjoyable part of job: flexible work hours
Pros
generous holidays, sick, vacation days off
Cons
no career growth
Productive quality enhancing workplace
Associate Project Director (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILNovember 9, 2016
This company was focused on quality improvement. This company encouraged professional growth and education. There was minimal travel required. This company was good to work for.
Good Place to work
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILOctober 19, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is guiding organizations back to providing quality patient care. Also love the people I work with and the opportunity to work remote. The hardest part of my job is that I work on CST but live on the West Coast on PST.
Great Place to Work
Coordinator of Support and Technology (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILMay 19, 2016
I have learned a lot from my Leadership at The Joint Commission. By given the opportunity to join the Lean Six Sigma philosophy, I have gained a lot of experience using and promoting my success through Change Management.
Pros
Advancement Opportunities
Cons
n/a
A progressive organization focused on improving quality and patient safety
Full Time Nurse Surveyor (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILMarch 18, 2016
Surveys health care organizations throughout the United States. Applies systems analysis skills and inductive reasoning skills to determine health care organizations' degree of compliance with applicable standards and functionality of care delivery systems. Engages health care organization staff in interactive dialogues on standards based issues in health care in order to assess compliance and to identify opportunities for improving compliance. Prepares management reports that clearly link individual standards deficiencies with potential systems vulnerabilities and related organization risk points. Effectively communicates this information to health care organization leadership in a constructive and collegial style. Participates in other Joint Commission activities as assigned by supervisor.
don't do it!
Business Analyst-Customer Relations (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILFebruary 10, 2016
There is no structured training and there are a lot of politics. Great benefits and time off if you can make it past the 6 Month probation.
Top heavy management with no advancement opportunities
former employee (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILNovember 13, 2015
There are many layers of nonessential management who are not held accountable for anything. Unfair treatment of employees is tolerated and sometimes encouraged. The benefits are excellent but they do not offset the price you pay for working in a punitive environment. The Robust Process Department provides process improvement training but it is rarely implemented at any level and is not valued throughout the organization. Many former workers have left the company for jobs at companies with higher pay, more professional working environment, and better leadership. There are no opportunities for advancement.
Pros
subsidized cafeteria and remodeled workspace
Cons
unprofessional behavior is encouraged at the management level
Wonderful People and Excellent Opportunity
senior business analyst (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILNovember 11, 2015
The organization has some of the nicest and smartest individuals I've met. It is small enough that you gain exposure on how to work with different business units and departments. Great work life balance, with very understanding management.
Excellent learning experience.
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILMay 27, 2015
Each day was different from the last with new challenges every day. The Joint Commission is cutting edge health care and you learn so much about all health care segments. Best co-workers I have ever had.
Great environment spoiled by poor management & peer distrust
Pharmacy Operations Auditor/Editor (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, ILMay 16, 2015
Worked hospital survey and medical center audits and oversights. Was many times dissed for not agreeing with survey groups negative findings and recommendations. These folks justify their jobs and roles by staging surprise audits on heathcare institutions and organizations all to find errors and faults ... and thereby justify JCAHO's existence. Many hospitals and institutions are trying to oust JCAHO and have their State Boards do oversight. This commission is a victim of their own greed and self-importance. Maybe they were valid and useful back in 1965 but bloated and inefficient in 2015. Look elsewhere, IMHO.
Pros
Workplace, facilities, benefits (but not for interns nor contractors)
Cons
No benefits or allowances for untenured employees, contractors
Productive, great learning experience, excellent leadership
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILFebruary 18, 2015
I have had the fortunate opportunity to work under some of the finest leaders in healthcare at The Joint Commission. The Operations Manager position is one that has many responsibilities and duties that are integral to the day-to-day within the organization. But the role is one that has been very rewarding personally and professionally.
Great organization to work for because friendliness coworkers, Yellow Belt required and they provide the courses, compensation and benefits are good.
Project Director (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILDecember 12, 2014
There isn't anything bad that I can say about this company except to get a permanent position versus a contract position that will come to an end.
Great Place to Work
Lead teams through integration (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, IlAugust 23, 2014
It is an excellent place to work with a strong leadership team and dedicated employees.
Home care surveyor
Analyst/Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook TerraceJuly 16, 2014
Traveled to forty eight states over twelve years reviewed some 120 HME companies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Joint Commission. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9