The Joint...the chiropractic place

The Joint...the chiropractic place Employee Reviews

Great company
Wellness Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 13, 2017
Great managers, great company overall anyone who is looking for a great team to work for this is the place!

Hardest part is marketing as that's not my cup of tea. I love being able to interact with all the patients, that's the best part of my day. I learned a lot about patient care and customer service. Chiropractors were not my first choice when it came to back pain, but since i have been coming here as an employee/ patient i healed from my pain and i am helping others.
Pros
paid vacation, fun place, free chiro care, flexible days
Cons
no health benefits
Terrible place for a DC to work.
Lead Doctor (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAMay 18, 2017
If you like being disrespected daily, being held accountable for sales with absolutely no decision making authority, making less money per hour than a grocery clerk or ups driver, than this is the place for you. Not to mention patient care is the lowest rung on the latter of priorities, than The Joint is the place for you. Otherwise steer clear. Same advice to patients.
Pros
Cons
To long to list.
These places will be history before long! BEWARE
Chiropractor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2017
Not surprised to see these reviews. If you value your license and reputation as Chiropractor, don't work at a place like this. Patients are treated like cattle and not properly examined. They just want you to get a large volume of people in and out the door. The focus is on making money, "selling memberships" and volume only. For the Joint, quality, patient centered care is not a priority. It will take only a few malpractice suits to bring these people down. Pray that no one coming through the door has a serious health problem that will be misdiagnosed during the minute of care you are allowed to provide. So what if they give you malpractice coverage?...it will forever be on your record! I wised up and quit after I saw how this organization runs itself. Chiropractors need to refuse to work for these jerks and put them out of business. If they can't staff these places with a licensed chiro, then they will eventually go under. We need to unite and force them out of business before they tarnish the profession anymore than they have already done.
Pros
Fellow employees who feel as you do
Cons
Not worth the risks, they focus on money and volume only, poor patient care
Thank god they fired the regional director and lead DC in Chicago
DC (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILDecember 20, 2016
Those two were worthless and created nothing but problems for all the clinics during the start up... One day you were doing great, the next day you could do nothing right.
Pros
NOTHING working under those 2
Cons
Working under those 2 morons
loved it
Receptionist and Sales (Former Employee) –  Acworth, GASeptember 7, 2016
My sister and I owned this company, so what can I say?? We both loved it, we worked at home. We worked all the time and when we got tired we stopped till we were ready to go again. That's what is great about owning your own company.
December 14, 2016

Thanks for your review! We couldn't be more excited hearing that you LOVE working with The Joint! We appreciate you and all that you offer to our patients! Best wishes!

Huge mistake accepting this job
Wellness Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJuly 1, 2016
The Joint was the absolute worst job I've ever had. Daily I felt like a failure and coming from previous jobs where I always thrived, at my previous iob I was top in the district in sales, this was a giant cloud over my self esteem everyday. I was a receptionist/wellness coordinator and I cannot believe they consider themselves a "medical facility". Putting the stress on "selling" physician's advice on the girl at the front desk?! I ended up getting fired because we were struggling to sell the memberships. It felt off to give our patients a sells pitch. I dreaded the moment each client would come out ready to pay and I was expected to start my membership spewl. It felt phony and insensitive. I understand the importance of sales but at the same time it felt like a mcdonalds of chiropractics. Absolutely no sense of care for the clients, only focused on the sale. The doctors I worked with were wonderful and had to daily go against their ethics to be a "good fit". Fear of getting fired was a constant struggle. Management only focused their time on the top offices in the franchise. We were expected to thrive off of marketing events with a $0 budget while the top offices were raffling off ipads monthly. They mailed my last check to our office without saying a word to me... Im the one that always checked the mail. Not sure if thats what they planned but it sure felt heartless.
Pros
nice co-workers, pretty office
April 10, 2017

I apologize for the less than fulfilling experience you encountered working at one of our franchisee locations. We will bring this review to their attention so that they can address it in a timely fashion.

Uses and abuses their employees
Wellness Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 29, 2016
I have worked in chiropractic for years, two of them in The Joint and The Joint is destroying the name of chiropractic. When I first started in the company I worked for a chiro and he was the best boss, but the franchise prefers not to have chiropractic owners since they clearly do not understand the chiropractic world... they use and abuse their employees, both doctors and front desk staff. You work 9 hours without a break, not even for lunch. They offer "bonuses" but reserve the right to change them at any time, and if you bring any concerns up to management, they just label you as a "trouble maker" A lot of my co workers would bring up a concern to our management team, and then get fired 2 weeks later. There are no benefits offered and trying to take time off for vacation is a joke, you can never find coverage because both the docs and front desk are constantly quitting. I thought maybe it was just the management I had worked for, but it looks like nation wide people have had similar complaints. Patients are constantly coming in for "affordable care" aka you get the cheapest patients possible who want to save EVERY dollar, and because of that as the front desk you get yelled at all the time by patients wanting to save money, even if you were upfront with them. My co workers were incredible and became some of my best friends, probably because misery loves company and they hated their jobs as much as I did. I did learn a lot and it prepared me for my next move/job in life, but that is because I was forced to deal with every little thing because our management team would ignore  more... unhappy patients and hope they would go away. The hardest part of the job was definitely our ownership/management and the best part of the job was the people I worked with.  less
Pros
Commission and great co workers
Cons
No benefits, no lunch breaks, cheap management
Keep on looking....
chiropractor (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJanuary 7, 2016
They want to pay you little as possible, while you work hard for them and give it your all every day. They don't respect you. That is why turnover is so high. You won't even feel like a "real" Doctor here. Worst mistake I ever made to be honest.
Pros
Cons
Poor pay, no benefits, long work days with no "real" break, not respected as a doctor
Horrible work hours
chiropractor (Former Employee) –  Houston TexasDecember 11, 2015
I worked for the joint for about a year. I worked for a new location and I was the only doctor working. I could not take a lunch because of the possibility of walkins. So I was there six days a week between the hours of 10 AM to 7 PM with no lunch.
Patient care is really secondary to selling memberships. You have very little time to spend with the patients because the main thing is to see as many patients as you can per day to adjust them and get them out the door.
Pros
Guaranteed salary
Cons
Work hours and patient care

Dear Dr.,

I am sorry you experienced a less than positive experience working for The Joint franchise location in Houston, TX.

Please feel free to contact the Clinic Support Center to discuss your situation in detail.

Conflict daily between clinic staff and proper doctor protocols
chiropractor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, Ca areaDecember 4, 2015
Thank God the company pays for your Malpractice Insurance. Many of the the adjusting techniques and standard for adjusting are substandard. Yet most frustrating in the practice is that the staff dictates the treatment schedules and the care offered to the patients with little consideration of the doctors recommendations.
Pros
Its a Job
Cons
Little of what is practiced here can be carried over into a private practice

Dear Former Employee,

We are sad to hear about your frustration working in our Franchise clinic in Sacramento, CA.

Our mission, at The Joint, is to improve quality of life through routine and affordable chiropractic care delivered through a nationwide network of modern, comfortable chiropractic clinics staffed with experienced, licensed chiropractors. Its disappointing to hear about your situation. We highly encourage you to bring your issues to our Clinic Support Team to review.

overworked and under paid-not worth working at The Joint
chiropractor (Former Employee) –  glen carbon ILSeptember 28, 2015
the starting pay is $22 hr (which is an insult to a chiropractic physician with a doctorate degree) Individuals with a master's degree start out higher pay than that. The company in Glen carbon IL. is owned by a lady Ms. Donahue who is a ex-nurse now business person. It is not owned by a chiropractor. They have zero benefits and zero advancement.
Over worked. They push you to see as many patients as possible on a walk in basis so minimal time per patient (rush rush rush)
Your performance evaluation is not based on quality of patient care but rather number of patients you can see. Numbers is their concern. Also they demand you push the membership packages.
They do not treat you with respect being a doctor rather treat you like a technician. They have high turnover with chiropractors as well as high turn over in front desk receptionists.
Pros
Cons
no benefits, not treated like a doctor rather a technician

Dear Dr.

I am sorry to hear about your negative working experience with our Franchisee in Glen Carbon, IL. As an organization we are striving to make significant efforts to change the perception of Chiropractic across the nation. Without our Chiropractors, we do not have a business, we truly value you and your comments. Please reach out to our Clinic Support Center, we will be happy to address all your concerns with respect and timeliness.

High Turnover Rate
Wellness Coordinator/ Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAFebruary 25, 2015
A typical day at work would include seeing on average 40 patients per day on a walk in basis. You would see anywhere from 0-6 new patients a day. I learned a lot at this position including labor laws. The upper management was a joke, the turnover was horrendous. At 10 months I was the senior employee between wellness coordinators and doctors. If the right support from upper management was there and they cared about training or problem resolution, the job would have been much better and easier to stay employed with. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the regular patients and hearing about their weeks, and taking care of the patients who were in crisis mode from an acute injury.
Pros
Nice compensation, regular patients, consisten duties, and management experience.
Cons
No benefits, no support from upper management, high turnover rate, illegal patient/employee care

Dear Former Employee,

I am very sorry to hear about the turn-over in your franchise clinic in Oceanside, CA. We would love to learn from your experience and share your comments with upper management. If you would contact the Clinic Support Center with those details, we would appreciate the feedback.

Gtreat clientel
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COMay 9, 2014
Friendly staff of doctors. Very friendly patient base. Loved meeting new people every day.

Dear Former Employee,

Thank you very much for your kind review! We are happy you enjoyed working with our franchisee in Highlands Ranch, CO.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Joint...the chiropractic place. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3