The Jones Group, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Terrible place to work
Assistant to Head of Sales/Design (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2016
-My Supervisor was not a nice person
-Wasn't around other co-workers
-Pay was not good
-Not a very helpful company when asking a questions
-Not a sense of community
Cons
unfortunately the company was sold and is under reconstruction
VP Corporate Textiles/ Fabric R&D (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2015
great great people who had a lot of experience but the product was not as relevant in today's lifestyle as when it was originally designed and developed.
Business that promotes growth and future career readiness.
Office clerk (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro,GaJuly 15, 2015
I enjoyed the learning experience on everyday bases. I became a
vital team player and learned more than expected. I was able to learn new skills and apply them effectively. My supervisor was very involved and pushed for accuracy. I was able to work at a fast pace with accuracy and confidence in my duties.
Pros
Professional atmosphere, quality results, business expertise.
Cons
Seasonal work
I own the company
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAJune 26, 2015
A typical work day involved going to my client's offices picking up the billing and EOBs, meeting with the staff and physicians, discussing and resolving any problems or issues.
Pros
I love being self employed.
Cons
Clients don't always pay on time.
Was a great place
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 12, 2015
I started my Production career at the The Jones Group in the mid-2000's and my tenure there ended during the company closure this past year. Like with all companies, I had my occasional frustrations but The Jones Group in general, was a wonderful place that fostered growth and appreciated good people.
Pros
Had great potential for career advancement
Cons
Misguided effort to brand reposition caused the downfall of the company
Productive workplace
AP III/Business Analyst/VM III (Current Employee) –  180 Rittenhouse Circle Bristol PA 19007May 11, 2015
Very laid back environment. I have learned the processing of 1099's for our vendors. How to perform multiple task in a timely manner.
Ok company to work for.
DESIGN (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 5, 2015
Management is very out of touch with their employees. Ok place to be as a stepping stone. They do not compensate you well as you get promoted.
Pros
3pm Fridays
Cons
Management is out of touch with their employees.
Productive and fast paced environment in ecommerce using demandware tools
Senior Web Developer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 12, 2015
Maintaining e commerce websites in the Footwear industry using demandware platform that continuously delivers innovation. Work in collaboration with marketing and merchant team and in liaison with Director of software development and Vice President of Web Marketing and Development. These production update occurs daily on these sites and requires dedication and hard work to meet all promotions and sales and inspire customers especially during peak season. It's a great sense of satisfaction and very rewarding when hard work pays off and the company sale quota are met. With demandware technology retailers and consumers are highly engaged.
Pros
work remotely few days from home
Very efficient workplace
Manager, Distribution Center Operations (Former Employee) –  Edison NJMarch 11, 2015
The people at Jones were really hard working and took great pride in their jobs. I really enjoyed working there, every day brought a new challenge due to the nature of the business. It was a fast paced constantly changing environment which is what I thrived on, and wit the help of my coworkers we got thru it with usually flying colors.
Jones is definitely a great place to work at..
Productive,exciting and always having the opportunity of working with an amazing talented group of individuals internal/external. Enjoyed the many rol
Southeast Region Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 4, 2015
To engage/motivate at all levels on delivering results. Gained "Big Box" strategic experiences on ways of driving profit margin.
Never felt like work. Jones was my home away from home.
Operations Data Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 17, 2015
Jones was a fun, exciting company to work for. My coworkers were like my extend family, and I always looked forward to going to work every day.
Pros
Great people, wonderful work environment
Cons
Company went bankrupt
great benenfits, good work enviroment
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  West Deptford, NJFebruary 6, 2015
overall, great place to work with good benefits. Lots of room for advancement, with great management .Laid back work environment, with always work to be done. You never have to worry about job security.
Company in transition
VP Corporate Textiles/ Fabric R&D (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 1, 2014
After purchase by Sycamore Group, the larger JONES GROUP was broken into individual companies. There are wonderfully talented people within the organization but the larger picture of what will happen is still yet to be revealed from the owners.
Jones New York is a high end wholesale womens apparel company
Consumer Representative (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PANovember 2, 2014
I enjoyed working at JNY assisting our consumers in their complaints regarding an item that bear our name purchased at one of the retail stores.my job was easy as well as my co workers. I learned to keep the consumers happy and coming back..
Pleasant and Positive Work Experience
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PASeptember 27, 2014
This was I temporary job that I completed in the seven weeks that was Required of me to be completed. I filed work orders in chronologically with the correct client or customer from 400 different boxes of mixed files. I found that not only was I comfortable doing tedious work , but also non tedious work. My coworkers were great. I got along with every one that I worked with. The hardest part of the job was knowing that it was only going to be 7 weeks of employment.
My favorite part of the job was being given more tasks then my coworkers and the trust that I could work on my own without supervision. I love helping and teaching coworkers the most efficient way to complete their daily tasks. I loved that if we were not all on the same page that we would work together to fix any issues
Pros
the whole job experience
Cons
that it was only a temporary job
Many changes
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 25, 2014
Jones used to be a wonderful place to work. Over the years there have been many, many management and organizational changes. As soon as you get used to one way of doing things it changes.
Pros
you can learn a lot there
Cons
jobs are becoming unstable
Current Job Nine West Group
Regional Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  New york,New YorkAugust 23, 2014
Typical day at one of my macy's locations can be very log but great experience. I have a wonderful relationship with managers and associates in which we constantly help each other whether its product knowledge or even something as simple as shoe locations. Since starting this job ive gained more confidence in myself in that I can accomplish daily goals on the consistent bases. As far as hardest part of my job it would be time management with my daily task you want to get your hands on areas of need to best accomidate the business.
Productive workplace
Assistant Technical Designer - Knits & Sweaters (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 5, 2014
-follow up, tracking & coordination, fitting
-I learned a lot regarding garment fitting
-Co-workers are very nice and easy to with
average, super corporate
Manager of Knitwear Production (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 28, 2014
on the job training is great for starting out, but there are many roadblocks to advancement. management varies from dept to dept, however most people are nice to work with. company has recently been taken over by private equity. layoffs and uncertainty remain in the future.
Pros
3pm fridays every friday
Cons
can be long hours, mood of upper mgmt can change minute to minute.
The last twenty years in Jones New York, I am enjoying at work every day,
Garber Computer production patternmaker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 22, 2014
I love clothes, I enjoy people wear the right clothes in the right place. Jones Group provided working women perfect outfit for different kind of job, I am happy when I see a lady dress in success with Jones clothes , this years I work with several designers, I always do what the designer wants , I am proude when all work out . We work as team In the sample room , always many co-worker in the floor and care each other, eight years ago I start Gerber Computer Patternmaking, It's amazing , I never ever know I could use computer, It makes my job and my life much easier, Now it's time to look foward for more talented fashion field.