The Jones Group, Inc.

The Jones Group, Inc. Employer Reviews

Very efficient workplace
Manager, Distribution Center Operations (Former Employee), Edison NJMarch 11, 2015
The people at Jones were really hard working and took great pride in their jobs. I really enjoyed working there, every day brought a new challenge due to the nature of the business. It was a fast paced constantly changing environment which is what I thrived on, and wit the help of my coworkers we got thru it with usually flying colors.
Jones is definitely a great place to work at..
Productive,exciting and always having the opportunity of working with an amazing talented group of individuals internal/external. Enjoyed the many rol
Southeast Region Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 4, 2015
To engage/motivate at all levels on delivering results. Gained "Big Box" strategic experiences on ways of driving profit margin.
Never felt like work. Jones was my home away from home.
Operations Data Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: Great people, wonderful work environment
Cons: Company went bankrupt
Jones was a fun, exciting company to work for. My coworkers were like my extend family, and I always looked forward to going to work every day.
great benenfits, good work enviroment
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), West Deptford, NJFebruary 6, 2015
overall, great place to work with good benefits. Lots of room for advancement, with great management .Laid back work environment, with always work to be done. You never have to worry about job security.
Company in transition
VP Corporate Textiles/ Fabric R&D (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 1, 2014
After purchase by Sycamore Group, the larger JONES GROUP was broken into individual companies. There are wonderfully talented people within the organization but the larger picture of what will happen is still yet to be revealed from the owners.
Jones New York is a high end wholesale womens apparel company
Consumer Representative (Former Employee), Bristol, PANovember 2, 2014
I enjoyed working at JNY assisting our consumers in their complaints regarding an item that bear our name purchased at one of the retail stores.my job was easy as well as my co workers. I learned to keep the consumers happy and coming back..
Pleasant and Positive Work Experience
File Clerk (Former Employee), Bristol, PASeptember 27, 2014
Pros: the whole job experience
Cons: that it was only a temporary job
This was I temporary job that I completed in the seven weeks that was Required of me to be completed. I filed work orders in chronologically with the correct client or customer from 400 different boxes of mixed files. I found that not only was I comfortable doing tedious work , but also non tedious work. My coworkers were great. I got along with every one that I worked with. The hardest part of the job was knowing that it was only going to be 7 weeks of employment.
My favorite part of the job was being given more tasks then my coworkers and the trust that I could work on my own without supervision. I love helping and teaching coworkers the most efficient way to complete their daily tasks. I loved that if we were not all on the same page that we would work together to fix any issues
Many changes
Production Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 25, 2014
Pros: you can learn a lot there
Cons: jobs are becoming unstable
Jones used to be a wonderful place to work. Over the years there have been many, many management and organizational changes. As soon as you get used to one way of doing things it changes.
Current Job Nine West Group
Regional Merchandiser (Current Employee), New york,New YorkAugust 23, 2014
Typical day at one of my macy's locations can be very log but great experience. I have a wonderful relationship with managers and associates in which we constantly help each other whether its product knowledge or even something as simple as shoe locations. Since starting this job ive gained more confidence in myself in that I can accomplish daily goals on the consistent bases. As far as hardest part of my job it would be time management with my daily task you want to get your hands on areas of need to best accomidate the business.
Productive workplace
Assistant Technical Designer - Knits & Sweaters (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 5, 2014
-follow up, tracking & coordination, fitting
-I learned a lot regarding garment fitting
-Co-workers are very nice and easy to with
average, super corporate
Manager of Knitwear Production (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 28, 2014
Pros: 3pm fridays every friday
Cons: can be long hours, mood of upper mgmt can change minute to minute.
on the job training is great for starting out, but there are many roadblocks to advancement. management varies from dept to dept, however most people are nice to work with. company has recently been taken over by private equity. layoffs and uncertainty remain in the future.
The last twenty years in Jones New York, I am enjoying at work every day,
Garber Computer production patternmaker (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 22, 2014
I love clothes, I enjoy people wear the right clothes in the right place. Jones Group provided working women perfect outfit for different kind of job, I am happy when I see a lady dress in success with Jones clothes , this years I work with several designers, I always do what the designer wants , I am proude when all work out . We work as team In the sample room , always many co-worker in the floor and care each other, eight years ago I start Gerber Computer Patternmaking, It's amazing , I never ever know I could use computer, It makes my job and my life much easier, Now it's time to look foward for more talented fashion field.
Great until recently
Manager (Current Employee), New York, nyMay 26, 2014
Pros: not a crazy holiday season like other retailers
Cons: low pay
From new hires I usually here we are the easier of the companies when it comes to management, but also very far behind in term of technology,

I've learned to drive sales keep KPIs and CVR up and they won't bother you

Ive seen people dedicate 13 years to this company and never be promoted to anything higher then a SM
not good company to work for as far as long trem
Store Manager (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILMay 2, 2014
Stores are closing, not much more to say.......closing, cannot be with company long term becasce of downsizing
Positive, team player who is passionate about the brand she works on
Senior Marketing Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 22, 2014
A typical day would be me aggressively working on deadlines, team work lists and calendar.
Great work like balance
Sr. Account Executive (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 16, 2014
Great place to work. Salary is generally lower than benchmark, great benefits.
Fun workplace, good for advancement
Merchandise Planning Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 10, 2014
Normal hours, nice co-workers, recognition for good performance
Great company to work for. Senior management is very supportive of coordinator program.
Retail Coordinator - Seattle/Portland Markets (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: clothing allowence
Cons: advancement opportunities in the seattle market
A typical day at work involves; building and sustaining relationships with account partners, elevating brand presentation at store level, training of accounts teams, protecting the integrity of the brands I represent at store level, identifying stock opportunities and assortments, analyzing and reporting of sales trends

What I have learned - The ability to strategically negotiate with accounts for the betterment of the brands I represent.

Management is supportive and provides regular feedback

Co-workers are supportive

The most enjoyable part of my job is the fashion piece. And traveling to NYC to meet with sales and design teams and to view upcoming styles.
Had fun working with the whole team during my tenure
Production Manager, Anne Klein New York (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 4, 2013
Pros: offer trainings and seminars for further advancement
Very professional and cooperative people/team to work with very much aware of the demands of the job bottomline of which is to get garments in on time.
a company supportive of their employees career growth
Buyer (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 31, 2013
A busy fast paced environment with open communication among employees.

1 2 3

About The Jones Group, Inc.

The Jones Group Inc. (www.jonesgroupinc.com) is a leading global designer, marketer and wholesaler of over 35 brands with product – Read more

The Jones Group, Inc. Salaries