The Jones Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

No work life balance / lean staff
Human Resources Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2017
Employees are great! Motivated roll up your sleeves and get it done individuals. Fast pace, daily changes. Aggressive work culture. Benefits are great. Tuition reimbursement , 401k match. Medical, dental life ins and a few company perks.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No work life balance
Productive Work Enviornment
Senior Designer, Bandolino (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 10, 2017
Working at the Jones Group was great! At typical workday included answering 100+ emails and there was less design opportunity than I had expected. I learned how to better manage my time from concept through completion, how to merchandise the line from a buyers perspective and more suitable organization systems for sample filing/naming/storage. The hardest part of the job was handling 13 accounts without an assistant, but I was up for the challenge. The best part of working here was creating friendships that will last a lifetime!
Hands down the best Company to work for.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAApril 25, 2017
I was hired as the SM for Calhoun, Ga and was there for 4 years till the company unfortunately had to close all the doors. Training was great and I always had someone to reach out to if I felt I needed any help. My DSM was there for the entire District for whatever we needed and was always investing more time and training into anyone willing to learn. There was potential for moving up in the Company if you had the desire and dedication. I had no turn over after the right team was put in place. Best team ever by the way! The entire District was a family and I so miss working there.
Great Company
Product Development Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 5, 2017
This was a great company to work for. The team was friendly and all willing to help everyone out. Tons of creativity and fun as well as being hands on in exciting new product!
very friendly and a great place to work at
SAP-MM - Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 22, 2017
great co workers. great place to work at. a typical day at jones group is like a day with friends not an employee, had a great manager. hardest part at job was basically nothing some dealings with business users here and there other than that an an enjoyable place to work.
Interesting work
Associate Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2017
Def the place to be to learn about a corporate job with in design. it was a bit extreme sometimes. too many meetings to many approvals before something happened.
Escalation Agent (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeDecember 26, 2016
You have severa people at your fingerprints to help you with any problem you may have. You also always have the option to learn. The most enjoyable part of the job is you work during your schedule.
Pros
Working from hom
A great place to work. Creativity was strongly encouraged.
SVP Creative Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 15, 2016
I started as an Art Director and worked my way up to SVP Creative director. I had multiple brands to work on, and the art department was structured like a mini ad agency.
Pros
Multiple brands to work on
Cons
Short on staff
Great people to work for
Agent/Broker (Current Employee) –  Englewood, OHDecember 11, 2016
Still working for them. I love selling insurance but looking for a part time job. Work days can be long but very prosperous
Its been a while
Merchandise Planner (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYNovember 15, 2016
the company has been bought and management changed since I left there four years ago.
I do know that several of my last co-workers have been laid off and replaced.
Typical retail environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJNovember 2, 2016
Your typical retail environment and benefits. The company did their best to provide future growth and development for its leaders while keeping organized
Was great several years ago
Senior Art Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 2, 2016
Once was a great place to work. Corporate restructure serious damaged the company. Things may be different now as all has changed over again. Until the last year I was there the work was varied and interesting
used to have lots of potential
Design Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 30, 2016
worked there for a year before they sold the company. I was laid off in the first rounds but came back as a freelance. Many of my friends were let go (third re-structuring) . No job security at all and the new management is poorly trained and not professional.
Cons
no job security
Terrible place to work
Assistant to Head of Sales/Design (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2016
-My Supervisor was not a nice person
-Wasn't around other co-workers
-Pay was not good
-Not a very helpful company when asking a questions
-Not a sense of community
A great place to work
Director of Global Sourcing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 17, 2015
Jones helped me grow in the fashion industry. It is a good place to work and learn. Excellent work ethics. Place has hardworking people.
unfortunately the company was sold and is under reconstruction
VP Corporate Textiles/ Fabric R&D (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2015
great great people who had a lot of experience but the product was not as relevant in today's lifestyle as when it was originally designed and developed.
Business that promotes growth and future career readiness.
Office clerk (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro,GaJuly 15, 2015
I enjoyed the learning experience on everyday bases. I became a
vital team player and learned more than expected. I was able to learn new skills and apply them effectively. My supervisor was very involved and pushed for accuracy. I was able to work at a fast pace with accuracy and confidence in my duties.
Pros
Professional atmosphere, quality results, business expertise.
Cons
Seasonal work
I own the company
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAJune 26, 2015
A typical work day involved going to my client's offices picking up the billing and EOBs, meeting with the staff and physicians, discussing and resolving any problems or issues.
Pros
I love being self employed.
Cons
Clients don't always pay on time.
Was a great place
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 12, 2015
I started my Production career at the The Jones Group in the mid-2000's and my tenure there ended during the company closure this past year. Like with all companies, I had my occasional frustrations but The Jones Group in general, was a wonderful place that fostered growth and appreciated good people.
Pros
Had great potential for career advancement
Cons
Misguided effort to brand reposition caused the downfall of the company
Productive workplace
AP III/Business Analyst/VM III (Current Employee) –  180 Rittenhouse Circle Bristol PA 19007May 11, 2015
Very laid back environment. I have learned the processing of 1099's for our vendors. How to perform multiple task in a timely manner.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Jones Group, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval