The Jones Payne Group, a national architecture and project management firm, is seeking qualified candidates for two Drafter positions (0-2 years’ experience) in our Fort Lauderdale, Florida office location.
- Conduct field assessment visits (as-built) and obtain field measurements
- Create and modify floor plan drawings of single- and multi-family properties
- Assist Job Captain in identifying existing conditions and implementing into drawings
- Familiarity with plans, specifications, and miscellaneous materials for construction projects
- Troubleshooting any problems/issues regarding drawings
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with AutoCAD software is required
- Understanding or working knowledge of Microsoft Visio preferred. Willing to train
- Knowledge of current residential building codes and regulations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Must be self-motivated and understand the importance of deadlines
- Position requires spending up to 50% of time in the field documenting existing conditions
- Overtime may be required
The Jones Payne group offers employees a comprehensive benefits program. In addition to a competitive salary (based on experience), we offer medical, dental and vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, disability and life insurance, 401(k) savings plan with company match, generous paid time off and paid holidays.
The Jones Payne Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and the disabled are encouraged to apply.