The Juilliard School seeks a Network Specialist to join its I.T. staff. Reporting to the Network manager, this position provides high-level technical support for Juilliard’s heterogeneous TCP/IP multi-domain wired and wireless network comprising of Windows Linux, UNIX and Mac Servers, Cisco network devices, Windows and Mac clients, and other network devices attached to these networks.
- Assist in the management of Juilliard’s multi-domain Windows network, including network tools such as DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, Group Policy, Remote Access, and File & Folder Access Control Lists (ACLs).
- Assist in the management of logical and physical LAN & WAN infrastructure including a variety of LAN and WAN networking equipment including Cisco (and other) switches, routers, firewalls, etc.
- Assist in the management of Juilliard’s Microsoft Exchange messaging platform
- Assist in the ongoing management of Juilliard’s data storage network
- Manage the Symantec Backup Exec backup/restore regime
- Manage the enterprise-wide antivirus system
- Assist in the management of network security, ensuring an adequate level of security across the enterprise,
- Provide support to the various Juilliard remote access tools including the Citrix server, Windows VPN remote access gateways
- Manage patching and software upgrading of all Juilliard devices including Windows servers and Windows 7 clients using appropriate tools. Manage upgrading the IOS on Cisco network devices. Publish periodic reports summarizing patch status of all network-attached devices
- Provide end-user support to Juilliard staff, faculty, students and Alumni.
- Under the direction of the CTO and Network Manager, conduct and participate in I.T. solutions research, technology assessments and pilot projects designed to enhance the range and quality of IT services provided to the Juilliard community.
- Provide on-going monitoring, tuning and performance optimization of the Juilliard network, including ResNet. Remain on-call and respond rapidly to network outages and disruptions. Publish monthly report summarizing key network metrics.
- Assist in managing Juilliard’s virtual server infrastructure including Storage Area Network (SAN) and the VMWare infrastructure.
- Special projects and tasks as assigned by the CTO and Network manager.
- A college degree
- CCNA or MCSE certification
- At least 2 years of relevant experience.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of managing a complex Windows domain.
- Advanced knowledge of managing a TCP/IP network along with its associated LAN and WAN equipment.
- Ability to analyze and assess computer/network architecture requirements and determine optimum, cost-effective solutions.
- Excellent knowledge of the Windows operating systems
- Familiarity with enterprise-wide identity management issues
- Familiarity with Exchange e-mail Server
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Outlook client and Outlook Web Access.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Good knowledge of computer security systems, applications, procedures, and techniques.
- Computer/network systems planning skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Any higher education experience is a major plus
The Juilliard School has an ongoing commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusiveness throughout the community and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of the School's administration.
The Juilliard School is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and working environment. Therefore, employment with Juilliard will be contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check.