The Kane Company Employee Reviews

Poorly Ran Company
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDJanuary 23, 2018
They have gone out of business. Moral was very low, I came aboard to start the 3PL, as an alternative revenue stream for the company. We created a division that was highly profitable. But it became grossly mismanaged by ownership and division president.
I pretty much grew up with this company
Warehouse Supervisor/Truck Driver/Driver Trainer (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MDDecember 19, 2017
A typical day at work would be first clocking in and receiving my manifest for either multiple deliveries or doing a move job. I would then secure all equipment needed with straps to e tracks and after filling out my milage and log information i would proceed to destinations using gps navigation if needed,
Pros
job security
Cons
laid off without notice (400 plus employees)
Out of business
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDDecember 19, 2017
Great company to work for until the doors closed in 2016.was learning to get my forklift certification then the doors closed.over 900 folks were out of a job.
Pros
Good place to work.
Cons
Went out of business
Kane
Furniture Mover (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MDOctober 25, 2017
Didnt know that the company was closing upon me being hired.The work was stressful because of no organization , lack of management skills and a host of other things.
Consistant
SALES SUPPORT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDMay 25, 2017
It was a pleasure to assist in different areas of the company, as I was transitioned to various positions with a broad number of responsibilities. Overall it was a challenging road of which I enjoy the ride.
Positive, Team Work, Group
Transportation and Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDApril 10, 2017
We were family. We worked like a group that had a purpose. We other departments where short staffed our group jump in and picked up whatever was needed never missing a step.Our Team Was Great.
Pros
Location, Health Insurance
Cons
Hours
Good Family Atmosphere
Building Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MDFebruary 17, 2017
Interaction with with all employees. Never a dull moment. respect was ever present at all the facilities ( 8 ) and making you feel needed in your department. I would recommend this for a learning experience in public relations for everyone.
Pros
good pleasant atmosphere
Cons
could have considered in the way of salary increases, but sustainable
Company Ceased Operations Dec 2016
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MDDecember 16, 2016
See Summary - Company has now ceased operations - Effective December 2016. Good company while it lasted. Very good people.
Great Place to Work
Executive Assistant to the CEO (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MDDecember 8, 2016
I enjoyed working at The Kane Company. Work/Life balance was wonderful, and the staff was like family. I'm sorry to see it close, especially right before the holidays.
Pros
Management Team was great.
Cons
None.
Company is family friendly
Senior Credit Analyst/Collections (Current Employee) –  Elkridge, MDJune 28, 2015
Coworkers are nice. Some are very cliquey. Most managers are nice. Things are not always handled in appropriate way per my opinion
Pros
bonus
Cons
pay
Discriminatory hiring practices
Applicant (Current Employee) –  MarylandJune 20, 2014
Funny during the interview process, someone mentions being, gay, black or white, etc. I do not feel that is appropriate.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
good company flexible hours
Technical Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Elkridge, MDFebruary 7, 2014
laid back environment but work gets done w/o being micromanaged.
Pros
great environment nice co-workers
Cons
not enough hours offered
Productive and Educational work environment
ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Ashland, VirginiaNovember 28, 2013
A typical day at work is planning, coordinating and scheduling for up coming commercial relocation jobs or transportation jobs. Also, inter acting with the customers and managing accounts. Working with 3rd party vendors on national accounts to ensure work is completed to customers instructions and approval. Once all work is completed I bill and send invoices to customer for payment.
Pros
Fast pace environment, never the same thing each day.
Cons
Not a lot of advancement
Productive fun place to work
Administrative Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 22, 2012
Busy
accounting
awesome
awesome
no hard parts
being able to work for the Kane Company
Productivity,dedication and hard working
Tech Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Elkridge, MDAugust 16, 2012
Connect, disconnect computers, prepare pack and unpack computers, printers, scanners, fax machines and delicate office electronic devices.
Pros
free lunch when good work done!
Cons
30 min breaks