THE KANSAS CITY STAR

THE KANSAS CITY STAR Employer Reviews

It was at night when everyone was still sleeping there were very few interactions with other people.
Delivery Agent (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 3, 2014
Pros: it was at night when the roads were quiet and easy to maneuver.
Cons: sleeping during the early morning and getting up in the middle of the night.
I delivered the newspaper to 500 customer route in three apartment complexes. There was a short run of houses that I also delivered to.
It was my family business
Newspaper-P&D - Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), KSMarch 18, 2014
i work with my family and learned how to run a machine and other big machines
Advertising Print and Digital Sales Director
Auto/ Real Estate Print & Digital Advertising Mgr (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 28, 2014
No typical day in the advertising sales industry, and that is what I loved so much about it.

Best part of the job is working to strategically put together marketing and advertising campaigns that fit the needs and wants of our customers and seeing the results is the best part of the job.

I love working in a team, coming together to solve problems – more... and figure out solutions.

Hardest part of the job are the things you cannot control and how that can affect a client's business. Just another opportunity to learn and grow and get more creative and more strategic.

My management team taught me so much, both as a rep and when I became a manager myself. I learned you can never learn enough, your always growing and pushing to be better. I believe in leading through motivation and being positive. Be a champion, never give up and good things will happen. – less
Productive and fun place to work.
Journalist, Researcher and Writer (Former Employee), KSJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: lots of potlucks and free food.
Cons: the business is downsizing.
If you like writing, it's a great place to work. Deadlines can be hard to meet but exhilarating.
I am the department catch-all.
Ad Operations Generalist (Current Employee), MOSeptember 16, 2013
I know most jobs in the Advertising Operations department.
I have lost a lot of trust in the people I work with including management. The hardest part of the job is getting yelled at on a daily basis from the Adverting Executives. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to design an ad every so often.
Great work experience and useful training
Lead Supervisor (Former Employee), Kansas City, Mo.August 11, 2013
Pros: great benefits and management
Cons: a dopped skid, having to clean it up
A typical day at work: run daily meetings, pull all shipments and load trucks, input data, oversee all employee's and ensuring safety
Newspaper
High School Sports Columnist, Online Contributor (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 22, 2012
Strong journalism product.
Long standing beacon in community.

About THE KANSAS CITY STAR

It's not a coffee klatch, but if there were such a thing as a newspaper klatch (a gathering of newspapers)┬áthen The McClatchy – Read more