The Kelly Group Employee Reviews

I learned a lot at this company!!
Iron worker/Carpenter/Millwright (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJune 27, 2017
I learned a lot at this company and met some pretty good people. If you want to learn and are hard working then its a good place to work. Kelly is a career choice for some and good starting point for others
well established customer base ensuring work most year round
Estimator/Mechanical Designer/Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Reserve, LAApril 24, 2017
If you do your job then you will be treated fairly. The core group of employees are easy to get along with as well as the managers. I can honestly say that I wish I was still working for them.
worst job ever
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Reserve, LAApril 6, 2017
The Kelly Group is a terrible employer. They are very unorganized and offer no support to their employees. The Management is horrible and thinks that threatening to fire everyone is a way to motivate people.They have a very strict safety program but they only use it as a discipline tool. I cant think of one positive about this company except for the people that I worked with and now feel sorry for that they are still employed at the Kelly Group
Pros
Zero
Cons
everything
Former Employee
Millwright/Welder (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INMarch 2, 2017
Was a joke to work for them. The management are good at there trade but a concrete guy trying to tell a Millwright what to do is just plain dumb. They have there clicks and if you know what you are doing your supervisor will find a reason to get rid of you.
Pros
Work
Not sure they know what's going on.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INDecember 6, 2016
Was hired to run break press, that I had experience on. Never saw the brake press, was put in area, in which I had no experience in. Fired in 19 days. Never seemed to fit in, no one ever made me feel welcome.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Employees seem to havr their own click, that if they don't like you, you won't make it.
Hard work is the norm
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Muscatine, IAAugust 14, 2016
Its a hot dirty place to work, but by doing your job well the equipment runs well and over the years our job has gotten better and better.
Pros
Ice cream machine and yearly bonus
Cons
hot, dirty place to work
Under paid
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 14, 2016
The warehouse manager only care about her full time employee. They use to give raised every six months now it once a year.
Pros
Cons
Dont work for kelly group
Over all good place to work. With that said, major drawbacks exist.
Master of none (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INDecember 31, 2015
The workforce is made up of knowledgeable people. Unfortunately, they are close to retirement age. Their seems to be no future because those with knowledge are either unwilling or unable to teach their experience to others. Also the Indiana region is very nepotistic, for those abilities are not how they grow within the company. It's who you know / related to. Many others have the ability and want to grow, unfortunately they do not have the right last name. It is clearly stated "we don't write people up for doing something wrong, we do it based on if we like them". An echo of terror exists when Decatur has to know or find out something negative occurs.

Enjoyable place to learn tasks. But don't consider it a long term adventure.
Pros
Attempts to promote good will
Cons
Ultimately a number / just an employee
Very hectic and stressful
accounts payable (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILOctober 27, 2015
Manager very hard to work with. Hard to learn procedures because there are so many and you don't get much time to learn them.
Very racist
millwright/Welder (Former Employee) –  texasSeptember 8, 2014
Racist company to work for. Unappreciative and frustrating
Not worth applying
employee (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INMay 15, 2013
This top heavy company does not care about the hard working employees who are underpaid and underappreciated. They hire people as temp employees to avoid paying proper wages and keep them as temps as long as possible to avoid offering insurance. Then they lay off and hire a new person to start the cycle all over. This company is not worth anyones time.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
overworked, underpaid, supervisors are more like high school bullies