The Kroger Company
2,852 reviews

The Kroger Company Employer Reviews

Very easy going work place.
Cashier (Former Employee), Columbus, MSJuly 25, 2014
Would get food ready for my shift, I learned how to make bread and how to prep the veggies that went on the sandwiches. The management would help with what they could and the co-workers were easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was getting off at like four in the morning.
customer service.
Cashier (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 25, 2014
Pros: a job
Cons: too much goofing off. not clean
I like dealing with customers different ones daily. Too many kids working and playing around.
Seems like when you turn someone in for something. Nothing is done about it.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with immature co workers.
The pay is so low that you have a hard time living on what your check is.
The company goes by senority which sucks – more... because the ones that are next in line are the ones that are immature and don't need the job too bad. – less
Productive and Fun!!!!!!!
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee), North Little Rock, ARJuly 25, 2014
A typical day at work would consist of bagging groceries, gathering bascarts, and returning items back to the correct aisles.

I learned how to conduct good customer service.

Management at Kroger are interactive with employees as well as customers.

Co-workers are easy to work with.

The hardest part of the job is when a customer is not highly satisfied.

The – more... most enjoyable part of the job is completing all given tasks. – less
fun work place.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 24, 2014
Pros: half price for employers.
Cons: short lunch breaks
it could of been a lot better,i learned to deal with attitudes,management it was alright,my co-workers was alright with me,the hardest part of the job get called in because someone called off last minute and i had appointments i had to reschedule,co-workers and i get together for lunch and just had good old laughs.
Team work
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Houston, TexasJuly 24, 2014
As a overnight stocker, we tend to help each other unloading trucks and putting them in the proper shelves. and maintain neatness throughout the whole store. greeting customers, helping them get the things that they want be able to leave the store happy.
Nice high school job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Antioch, TNJuly 24, 2014
I liked working there when I was in high school. I enjoyed getting paid every week.
A busy but, easy job and enjoyable at time
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Macon, GAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: discount on kroger products, simple
Cons: low pay, repetitive task
Bagging can be fun if you make it fun. There will be some of dealing with rude customers but for the most part as long as you bag according to the guidelines it is pretty simple. Can be incredibly busy everyday if you are working in the afternoon but it makes the shift go by fast.
Productive place to work
GM Associate (Former Employee), Streator, ILJuly 24, 2014
Pros: employee appreciation days, flexible schedules
Cons: short breaks
I started working at Kroger while I was in high school, then off and on through college. Kroger was a wonderful starter job because it taught me responsibility, the importance of customer service, and what my future career may consist of. A typical day of work was very busy, which is good in my opinion because you felt that you really accomplished something – more... at the end of each shift. I learned a lot about different departments, how to do different jobs, and the importance of teamwork. Management was very flexible, worked with each individual department to help them reach goals set by corporate, and they were very understanding and flexible as long as you communicated with them. My co-workers were the same way. The hardest part of the job was switching between different departments on busy days and trying to keep up with your goals for the day. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know my co-workers on a personal level at company outings which were always a blast! – less
order for project managers
Cost Control Administrator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: every other friday i am off
Cons: 30 min lunch
It is a very fast pace office. I order equipment for the kroger stores .. I have good days . we all get along in the office
Pleasant place to work
o Pharmacy Technician Level 2 (Former Employee), Toledo, OHJuly 23, 2014
The job was somewhat repetitive but the workplace offered regular changes in task so it was tolerable.
My first job
Lead Floral Clerk (Current Employee), Salem, VAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: worked with schedule
Cons: compensation
This was my first job. I worked here for 4 years and even though there were some tough days, the management worked with my school schedule really well.
Fun place to work and to shop
Fresh Fruit Associate (Current Employee), Kroer on State Store #738July 23, 2014
Pros: excellent benefis, room for advancement
Cons: short breaks, very stressful
Kroger on State is a very fun place to work and also to shop. Every employee and manger are very friendly and also very helpful. Anybody looking for employment, Krogers on State is the place to work
Productive workplace, cares for customers.
Cashier (Current Employee), Hermitage,TNJuly 23, 2014
Pros: vacations and personal days.
Cons: short breaks, no help.
A typical day at work would be for me to come into work and assist customers with great care and superior customer service. I learn different things from different customers everyday about everyday life. Things are always changing in the customer service desk so I'm always learning something new. There are a few co-workers who are awesome to work with – more... and some who are not so awesome. The hardest part of my job is trying to maintain great customer service when there is no help and customers are lining up and giving you attitude. The most enjoyable part of my job is making someone's day by just talking to them and making them feel good. Another enjoyable part of job is my awesome co-workers whom have become great friends and become like family. – less
Lead bookeeper
Accountant (Former Employee), Frisco TxJuly 22, 2014
I would come in at 5:00 am and start on the books by balancing the tills first. After tills were out I would move on to balance self check out. The store would open at 6:00 am. After the first cashier was at work I would move on to the lines and looking for shortages . After the books were closed I would come out and open customer service. Once the – more... customer service associate arrived I would move on to giving all of the front-end associates their breaks. On Sundays I came in at 4:00 am to do the payroll for the store. My responsibilities were to make sure all they associates were paid for the hours they worked and post their hours in kronos. – less
Productive Workplace
Front end supervisor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 22, 2014
Customer service is always number one. Spending time around people is always a plus.
Fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 22, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: weekend hours
Must have great customer service skills. Fast paced work environment. I loved the management and the advancement opportunities.
Fast moving and consistently changing environment
Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, Ohio / Flint, MichiganJuly 22, 2014
Pros: benefits, great training programs.
Cons: no work/life balance, terrible communication between supervisors and management.
- typical day at work consists of walking the store, overseeing employees and daily duties, making sure all displays/endcaps are to planogram, unloading daily deliveries, managing budget and overtime, writing and approving all schedules for multiple departments, stocking shelves if necessary.
- Learned how to write schedules, write practical budgets, – more... coach and train employees, merchandise products and displays, manage time and work on several projects at once.
- as a part of management, my peers and I operated as a team with decent communication, while our supervisors did not communicate as well due to overseeing more than 20 stores.
- the hardest part of being a manager for the Kroger company was the lack of home and work life balance.
- The most enjoyable part of being a manager is being able to help your employees grow, not only as an employee but also a person, helping them learn and be promoted. – less
Fun and yet boring
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Sunbury, OHJuly 21, 2014
Pros: some down time
Cons: low pay
Had a great experience working here just not enough hours and not a consistent schedule. Management was well. Co workers were hard working and good. The hardest part of the job was staying busy during slow periods.
Kroger was overall a good experience.
Courtesy clerk/cashier (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 21, 2014
The only thing I didn't like about Kroger was that we switched management team every 3 months. Every time we would get comfortable with a manager they would leave. My co-workers were the same way.
This job was vert smooth sailing
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: really short breaks
Everyone on the night shift was on time and always able to do his/ her job to the best of their ability.

1 2 3 4 5