The Kroger Company
4,080 reviews

The Kroger Company Employee Reviews

Great place to start my work career.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), OHMay 18, 2015
Pros: Free food days for employees, 30 minute lunches.
Cons: Paid time off and vaction days.
Kroger has great benefits and customer service. Kroger has a very good management and Kroger is a very successfull business.
Very Fun . The employers are awesome
always has your back
good pay
awesome
friendly
productive and fun work place
Cashier (Current Employee), Holland, OHMay 18, 2015
Greet customer. Introduce new things that we offer in the store. Make sure they found everything they were looking for and help out any way that i can
Great work environment and great employee benefits.
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Columbus,OHMay 17, 2015
Pros: Great work environments, Good benefits
Kroger is a very good company that is well run from the top to the bottom. I was well informed on my responsibilities before starting and was given the necessary training to seamlessly transition into the workflow. A typical work day involves me helping the pharmacists in typing up scripts, putting away orders, releasing medications to patients, counting pills and pushing scripts to the pharmacist for verification. The pharmacists had an excellent system in which all the technician rotate to different positions in the workflow. I was fortunate to work with arguably the best group of pharmacist I have ever encountered and a very competent set of technicians who loved their job. I learned a lot about dealing with insurance companies, distressed patients and working in a fast paced setting. The hardest part of the job was dealing with adjudications on the first of new cycle when insurance companies change the formulary and copays. However, nothing beats the feeling of seeing the face of patient after helping them get their medication on time. Overall I enjoyed my experience at Kroger and would definitely recommend it to family and friends.
Not the best place to work.
Customer Service / Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Evans, GAMay 17, 2015
The company overall is just very cheap. They want you to work your behind off for them for practically nothing. They also, from the time I was there, have poor management.
Multitasking
Cashier (ending) (Former Employee), Portland, ORMay 17, 2015
• Greet customers entering establishment
• Receive and disburse money
• Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas.
• Use barcode laser technology to complete transactions
beginners work
Meat Clerk (Former Employee), clarkston miMay 16, 2015
i worked there to long ago to give a proper review but one thing i can say is that i had fun working here. like to people watch this is place to work
Productive and fun workplace
Fuel Clerk (Former Employee), Johnson City, tnMay 16, 2015
Pros: ehh
Cons: short breaks and lunch, minimum wage, not very likely to get promoted
Pretty fun and friendly co-workers. This was my first job so it was a great learning experience of responsibilities. I was a fuel clerk so I mainly just dealt with people at the fuel station
An overall happy and rewarding place to work
Student Intern (Former Employee), Cordova, TNMay 16, 2015
While working at Kroger, I was able to learn from the best pharmacist while being a pharmacy intern. I was able to have hands on training for three years to build my knowledge base in the field of pharmacy, but also build my knowledge in the Kroger system.
Customer Care Representative
Customer Care Representative / Floor Supervisor (Current Employee), Dalton, GAMay 16, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: you work 7 days a week.
kroger is a very stable job with a lot of opportunities of advancement. Kroger offers very good benefits at a affordable price compare to other companies. They are part of a union so you are very protected.
Friendly and Helpful Management
Murray's Cheese Shop and Cashier (Former Employee), Tates Creek Centre DriveMay 16, 2015
The management was friendly and helpful. Working there was pretty interesting and there are several opportunities for advancement if you have a degree. I moved away from cashiering because it was pretty stressful i would recommend not working in the front of the store.
Kroger in general
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Snellville, GAMay 16, 2015
Pros: Hours, Benefits, and Union
Cons: Pay and some managers
When I worked with kroger I thought it was going to be fun. Turns out I was wrong. The hours were great but the pay was not. I gotten close to many of my coworkers. I still keep in contact with most. It was like a second family but better.
Cashier
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Jackson, TNMay 15, 2015
Pros: I had great hours, I worked with a group of great teammates including management, we had good benefits for part time workers.
Cons: working around food...
My typical day @ work was fun and enjoyable....I learned about customer service and working with all different personalities.....Management was great very professional.....I had great coworkers...The hardest part of my job was staying awake when it was slow....The most enjoyable part was meeting and greeting people from all cultures of life....
Growing pains
co manager (Former Employee), louisianaMay 15, 2015
Pros: growth
Cons: money drain
They are a decent company with numerous locations throughout the U.S . only problem is they are out growing faster than they should. The stores run on minimal wages and hours. Meaning more things for you to get accomplished. The hourly employees are union which makes it a bit harder to reprimand/ praise them. The training class and ride along are horrible. Go to class in dallas or houston 4 days then back to your store the following day. Ride alongs could be 4-5 hours away from your home store. Drive time isnt calculated in any of these, so if your 4 hours from location thats just a loss to you cause the ride along is meant to be 10 hours. Please have plenty of money set aside due to being month to month and half to get travel, meals expensed back to you. Also be ready to dress like you work for GQ. You have to wear a tie at all times, and a suit if in classroom setting. Its fun stocking or unloading trucks dressed to a T. Great company don't get me wrong, just know what you are getting yourself into. Pay is median, assistants at other big box stores make more than you will.
fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 15, 2015
Great customer service and seeing a smile on customers face was my job and also my goal.I enjoy helping others and know that i can make a slight difference in someones day.
Enjoyable
FUEL CLERK (Current Employee), Dallas, GAMay 15, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people and flexible hours.
Cons: Not able to move up.
Enjoyable and fast pace. Enjoy meeting new people and customer service means a lot to me. I want the customer to feel important and recognized.I am a team player and enjoyed my coworkers.
Excellent in excelling in customer service
Fuel Clerk, Cashier (Current Employee), Roanke VaMay 15, 2015
I enjoyed daily interactions with customers in a professional yet personal environment with wonderful management and and coworkers.
Well paying
Lift Truck Operator (Former Employee), Delaware OhioMay 14, 2015
Kroger warehouse was a great way to support my family for many years, I enjoyed my time there. They have a high turn over rate, and spending 5 years there, I can say it is hard to meet their standards
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYMay 14, 2015
Pros: Customers
Cons: School interfered
I mainly ran a cash register I didn't get to leave there much unless I was working in Drug GM restocking items.

That some customers are easier to deal with then others

Awesome loved my managers

Really enjoyed the people I worked with

My school interfered with my work schedule

The customers
Retail operation
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Danville, KYMay 14, 2015
Typical day includes mangaging the entire buisness operation including 150+ employees and eight different employees including deli/bakery, produce, meat/seafood, drug/gm, grocery, fuel and pharmacy.