The Kroger Company Employee Reviews

NEVER WORK THERE
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, KYAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: short breaks and management
i worked at Kroger in Elizabethtown KY. It was a joke. They literally bounce you from position to position and shift to shift and they don't give you any help to learn what to do! The management is the worst over EVER seen! They had a 60 yr old women pushing carts in the parking lot in the snow... Like really? It's awful!!!
Kroger
Assistant manager for night stock/dairy (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 25, 2015
Pros: store discount, weekly checks
I worked for Kroger two different times. One of the most enjoyable jobs I have had . The coworkers and customers made days easy . I first learned how to use handheld scanner at Kroger.
Manager & co-managers dont get along with anyone
Deli Associate (Former Employee), Willis, TXAugust 25, 2015
Pros: there are no Pros
Cons: managers suck & dont care
The Store Manager & the co-manager do not talk to the employees, the employees are always wrong, the wont help you with anything. Worst place to work at
Very good company!
Chef Manager (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Creating menus and overall F/B
Cons: hotel sold....
I loved working here and in hospitality! I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of my job, catering events, overseeing restaurant and lounge. I worked with a great bunch of people and my GM was wonderful!
Great job, bad timing for me
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Midlothian, VAAugust 25, 2015
I enjoyed working here but I was pregnant and was sick most of time so I had to leave. The staff was nice and I learned so much about being in the workplace.
Fun work place
Front End Cashier (Former Employee), Columbia, SCAugust 25, 2015
1: A positive culture of creativity

2: Openness and transparency of leadership

3: Leadership that encourages and fosters growth and development
wonderful place to start my work expience
Front End Cashier (Former Employee), Russellville, ARAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Working with the public
Cons: Inconsistent amount of hours
This was my first technical real job. I loved it. I was able to advance throughout the company in my near 4 years there. They play it safe and by the book as far as safety goes. People are close knit for the most part. No complaints about the job.
Great for a first job.
Cashier (Former Employee), Spring, TXAugust 24, 2015
Pros: atmosphere, experience w/ customers acquired
Cons: Pay rate
Kroger is a great place to work, especially if you're looking to acquire your first job! It was mine! I enjoyed working with the younger employees and getting to know the new ones. Awesome managers that work with your schedule. The only problem I had and still have, is that its very hard to advance as far as pay. I worked there for over 2 years and when I resigned I hadn't even reached $8/hr! This may not be a big deal to some, but you just cannot make a living as a college student making $7.65/hr. I feel that Kroger could make their employees feel a little more appreciated and increase their willingness to work, if they paid better. If that was the case I'd still be there, because that grocery store has a great atmosphere.
OK work environment with people who don't care
Deli Clerk (Current Employee), Perrysburg, OhioAugust 24, 2015
I would normally clock in about 5 minutes before the scheduled time so that I can get started I the department right away. I work an eight hour shift with a required half hour break. There is a lot of stuff that I learn throughout the day, but the main thing is better customer service. The managers try their best, but when it comes to their employees they tend to not do what's best for them. For example, I am one of the closing people in the deli and there is one other person. We are far behind and won't be out on time and we have to ask a manager for overtime. We ask and they don't answer and they walk over to the deli later that night to see where we are at and they say "you'll get out on time, you don't need overtime." Even though we are 3 hours behind schedule. This is all because our department head only scheduled 5 people to work on a Sunday, the busiest day of the week. And my co-worker had to leave at a certain time so that she can get to her babysitting job. So I was left by myself. That I would have to say is also the hardest part of the job closing the deli by myself with no help. But the best part is that I got paid time and a half for the overtime.
about krogers
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), winchester tnAugust 24, 2015
Pros: hour lunches
Cons: very fast work
krogers was a good place to work, the co-workers was welcoming, i learned stocking skills, nothing was hard about the job, the most enjoyable part of the job was the amazing co-workers i worked with.
Bagger
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Augusta, GAAugust 24, 2015
Bag the grocery, clean around the store, i also brought in the Charts, mop the floors, clean the bath rooms and greet the customers
a fun group of people
Store Clerk (Former Employee), Burlington, KYAugust 22, 2015
When i worked there many years ago it was a nice place to work because f the team i worked with, there wasn't a lot of promotional opportunities and upper management never really talk to us. communication is the key to success and unfortunately there wasn't a lot of that.. im glad for the experience i had and when i left i was paid pretty well. i worked 3rd shift so there as a lot of overtime then so it was hard to spend time with our families. my most enjoyable is the costumers that would come in. they became our regulars and it was nice talking to them and them always saying how they appreciate all our hard work. it was nice to hear.
A great place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), port huron, miAugust 22, 2015
Kroger is a great place to work, especially for your first time job. you learn customer service and there is always room for advancement. they always encourage their employees to move up as well.
Fast-Paced Environment with Many Coworkers
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GaAugust 21, 2015
In a typical day, you could serve 200 customers with varying personalities. Adjustment and leaving a positive impact with each individual is the rewarding aspect of the job.
Laid back and Calm
Bagger/Stock Person (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 21, 2015
A typical day at work was just slow and very long. I learned to better my communication skills and develop good relationships with employers.
Nothing really to say about managers but they were business professional and that is really what i'm looking for in a job. I never really dealt with co-workers unless it was a team job but overall everything was decent.
Krogers
Meat Service Specialist (Former Employee), Louisville KYAugust 21, 2015
A really nice lace to work. There's so many was to move up within the company and its very easy just give a little time just get your foot in the door as well as keep your name in good company.
Enjoyable work places
Cashier (Former Employee), Ripley WvAugust 20, 2015
Got to explore multiple departments, and department head when people were on vacation. Co workers easy to get along with and everyone was easy to work with
IT was okay
Fuel Center Clerk (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 20, 2015
The company was okay. Some of the supervisors are on a high horse and the management does nothing about them treating the rest of the team like people,
fun workplace to meet new friends and customers
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Washington, MIAugust 20, 2015
Pros: day shifts
Cons: short breaks and short lunches
Fun work place and somewhat supportive management. I learned something new everyday and when made mistakes they were fixed. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new and old customers and seeing their smiling faces walk through the grocery store. The exciting thing was the update of the remodel of the store 2 years before leaving the store of finding a better job positions.
Wonderful Place
Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), mt. sterlingAugust 20, 2015
Kroger is a fast pace, growing company. They are working hard to help maintain a healthy at home and work balance for each of their employees.