The Kroger Company
2,865 reviews

The Kroger Company Employer Reviews

Pleasant place to work
o Pharmacy Technician Level 2 (Former Employee), Toledo, OHJuly 23, 2014
The job was somewhat repetitive but the workplace offered regular changes in task so it was tolerable.
My first job
Lead Floral Clerk (Current Employee), Salem, VAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: worked with schedule
Cons: compensation
This was my first job. I worked here for 4 years and even though there were some tough days, the management worked with my school schedule really well.
Fun place to work and to shop
Fresh Fruit Associate (Current Employee), Kroer on State Store #738July 23, 2014
Pros: excellent benefis, room for advancement
Cons: short breaks, very stressful
Kroger on State is a very fun place to work and also to shop. Every employee and manger are very friendly and also very helpful. Anybody looking for employment, Krogers on State is the place to work
Productive workplace, cares for customers.
Cashier (Current Employee), Hermitage,TNJuly 23, 2014
Pros: vacations and personal days.
Cons: short breaks, no help.
A typical day at work would be for me to come into work and assist customers with great care and superior customer service. I learn different things from different customers everyday about everyday life. Things are always changing in the customer service desk so I'm always learning something new. There are a few co-workers who are awesome to work with – more... and some who are not so awesome. The hardest part of my job is trying to maintain great customer service when there is no help and customers are lining up and giving you attitude. The most enjoyable part of my job is making someone's day by just talking to them and making them feel good. Another enjoyable part of job is my awesome co-workers whom have become great friends and become like family. – less
Lead bookeeper
Accountant (Former Employee), Frisco TxJuly 22, 2014
I would come in at 5:00 am and start on the books by balancing the tills first. After tills were out I would move on to balance self check out. The store would open at 6:00 am. After the first cashier was at work I would move on to the lines and looking for shortages . After the books were closed I would come out and open customer service. Once the – more... customer service associate arrived I would move on to giving all of the front-end associates their breaks. On Sundays I came in at 4:00 am to do the payroll for the store. My responsibilities were to make sure all they associates were paid for the hours they worked and post their hours in kronos. – less
Productive Workplace
Front end supervisor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 22, 2014
Customer service is always number one. Spending time around people is always a plus.
Fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 22, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: weekend hours
Must have great customer service skills. Fast paced work environment. I loved the management and the advancement opportunities.
Fast moving and consistently changing environment
Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, Ohio / Flint, MichiganJuly 22, 2014
Pros: benefits, great training programs.
Cons: no work/life balance, terrible communication between supervisors and management.
- typical day at work consists of walking the store, overseeing employees and daily duties, making sure all displays/endcaps are to planogram, unloading daily deliveries, managing budget and overtime, writing and approving all schedules for multiple departments, stocking shelves if necessary.
- Learned how to write schedules, write practical budgets, – more... coach and train employees, merchandise products and displays, manage time and work on several projects at once.
- as a part of management, my peers and I operated as a team with decent communication, while our supervisors did not communicate as well due to overseeing more than 20 stores.
- the hardest part of being a manager for the Kroger company was the lack of home and work life balance.
- The most enjoyable part of being a manager is being able to help your employees grow, not only as an employee but also a person, helping them learn and be promoted. – less
Fun and yet boring
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Sunbury, OHJuly 21, 2014
Pros: some down time
Cons: low pay
Had a great experience working here just not enough hours and not a consistent schedule. Management was well. Co workers were hard working and good. The hardest part of the job was staying busy during slow periods.
Kroger was overall a good experience.
Courtesy clerk/cashier (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 21, 2014
The only thing I didn't like about Kroger was that we switched management team every 3 months. Every time we would get comfortable with a manager they would leave. My co-workers were the same way.
This job was vert smooth sailing
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: really short breaks
Everyone on the night shift was on time and always able to do his/ her job to the best of their ability.
productive day at Kroger
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 21, 2014
Pros: cheap insurance
Cons: rude managers
I enjoyed the people and co workers there but management treats you so bad as if they are too busy for the employees and the customers. I don't feel like employees should handle angry and upset customers, I feel like managers should take care of the customers that are upset.
only worked as summer job as a teen
Ø Activity aide (Former Employee), toledo,ohJuly 20, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: dont know of many
good job for a teenager had many job opportunities trained in many positions
poor management
Front end cashier (Former Employee), Cumming, GAJuly 20, 2014
Pros: experince
Cons: hours and pay
Working for Kroger was the worst experience of my life. I have never worked for people who care so little for their employees. They curse at customers and make everyone look terrible.
Nice place to work
Frozen Foods Lead Clerk (Former Employee), Cordova, TNJuly 19, 2014
Easy job. Taught me how to stock and rotate and how to operate RF gun. Management is typical. Co-workers are nice. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the cold. Most enjoyable part of the job is friendly coworkers.
Kroger
Store Clerk (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 18, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: lack of leadership
A typical day at work was arguments between co-workers and management, dirty stations, fights and management thief. I have not learned anything, but how to not run a business. Management was not the best, not enough leadership. My co-workers were well aware of the lack of leadership. I got along with all my co-workers even management. The hardest part – more... of the job was nothing, it wasn't a challenge. the most enjoyable part about it was interacting with the customers. – less
typical kroger
Bagger (Former Employee), Perry, GAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: get to help people and see them smile
Cons: always a chance you work with rude people but that's life
great place to work, but not when i was there. i will not say the name, but a certain manager was how i guess you could say harassing me a bit much about some problems that wasn't any of their business and after i solved such problems he/she would still try to make problem out of it, but Kroger is a great place now because that person got fired later – more... on. – less
Not a horrible place to work.
Courtesy clerk (Former Employee), Middlesboro, KYJuly 18, 2014
I enjoyed my job highly. I loved working with the customers and my co-workers were a lot of fun to be around and work with.
company offers good benifits
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Southaven, MSJuly 17, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: not enough hours to get coverage for benifits
needs to communicate more with employees.to offer more hours
hard work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 17, 2014
working at family dollar was really hard dealing with people bank and inventory