The Kroger Company
2,808 reviews

The Kroger Company Employer Reviews

Fast paste and organized
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 7, 2014
Good first starting job, you will constantly be working at all times there really is no short breaks.
ok
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Lexington-Fayette, KYJuly 7, 2014
I wouldn't work here again. Work place is disgusting. Unsavory people hired.
Nice starting job
Customer Service (Former Employee), Powder Springs, GAJuly 7, 2014
A nice starter for a job. Flexible schedule, easy experience, pay is okay but not easy to get a raise.
Productive, fun, and hardworking. The job itself is wonderful if you enjoy meeting new people.
Cashier/Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Tucker, GAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: i gained experience, met different people of all races and the neighborhood
Cons: short breaks
While working at Kroger, I've learned to better my communication skills, as well as learning all I could, from different departments. My job was challenging, working different departments was almost a struggle but I remained calmed and made sure no matter what I did I always made my customer feel more than comfortable to come to me for anything. The – more... job itself is so fun, the employees are hilarious. We always made time to make each other laugh, but, when it came to handling our customers, when we did it, we did it right. The only hard part about the job was working a lot of hours on an empty stomach. – less
Large company
Transportation Scheduler (Current Employee), Nashville TNJuly 7, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: drive time
This was a busy call center position. Fun place to work, kind people flexible hours. Nice place to work if you live in the area.
low paying and non supportive
Cashier (Former Employee), Walton, KYJuly 6, 2014
the union dues that are collected because they are job protection are a joke at least at one kroger in KY i can't speak for the other kroger stores but wouldn't work for them again
Hard works sometimes pays off
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Russell, KYJuly 6, 2014
- Overly worked
- What I have learned is that retail isn't for anyone
- Most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with
- Some benefits are worth the wait.
- Vacations and personal holidays are provided well.
Deli Dept.
Chef Assistant (Former Employee), Forest, VAJuly 6, 2014
Management needs work favoritism is in affect. Good company great hours ok pay, great co-workers
stay away
Gas Station Clerk (Former Employee), Paris, TXJuly 5, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: no breaks, no bathroom out there, rude costumers, co workers out there are two faced accept one maybe two
Not a good place to work out there in the fuel center i got fired for going to the dr. It was mord of a racial issue too cause i was black and also kroger is in the union and i still lost my job but they make you pay union dues out of your check smh crazy!!!! Stay away!!!
working with customers
file maintence clerk (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 5, 2014
hanging tags making sure the prices are correct in the system.
Awesome place
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 4, 2014
This was a great place to learn how to bartend and how to work in the service industry. WOrking with many types of people as well as helping voluteer projects on Camp Atterbury was one of the most memorable events I participated in .
n/a
General Associate (Former Employee), Mount Gilead, OHJuly 4, 2014
Its a pretty well managed store. Everyone is really helpful and wants to help you.
okay place to work
cashier/bagger (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 4, 2014
Pros: coworker
Cons: manament
The people you work with can be nice sometimes but management has things little backward and they say they are there for their employee but are really not.
enjoyed working and merchandising my stores, and pushing sales.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 3, 2014
Pros: it was a friendly place to work
Cons: very long hours due to salary position
I stayed with them for 26 years and for the most part was very pleased with how I was treated. I was one of the few that were offered jobs in Arizona. When Smith's Food and Drug left California in 1996. The only reason I retired and left Frys in Arizona was that my mother was dying and wanted to stay in her home in Utah. At that time I retired and took – more... care of her.
I enjoyed management that I worked with and learned a lot during all the years I worked for them. I got along well with my coworkers and we worked hard.. During the years in California I was involved with helping to set nine stores in four years. When Smiths left california I was able to help locate jobs for most of the employees in my store with other companies.
I have a great deal of satisfaction in completing the jobs that were assigned to me. – less
typical 1st job experience
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), dallasJuly 3, 2014
they work you to the bone for minimum wage. the people are nice enough, grumpy because we are all tired. what I learned was, if you work 40 hrs for certain time but then 30 they can keep from changing you to full time.. my manager was honestly insane, clinically.
productive
Associate/Starbucks barista (Former Employee), Willis, TXJuly 3, 2014
Fast paced job but fun, loved being able to make drinks all day
The Kroger Co.
❸ Co-Manager (Current Employee), Decatur, ILJuly 3, 2014
This company has exceptional benefits. I love working for this company but unfortunately there just isn't the advancement opportunities I thought there would be. There are a lot of politics involved in advancing. They make it seem like anyone can do so but in reality they have picked who they want before the interviews ever occur.
Overall it's really nice to work fro Kroger
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee), Arlington, TXJuly 2, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: some supervisors/ managers are not so nice
All of the other employees are great to work with and management is good. I'ts very busy at the store i current work at so it keeps me on my toes which is great, I love a fast paced environment. Some not so very happy customers come in but as long as you know how to deal with the situation in the correct manner it should be alright.
Kroger
Cashier/U-Scan Cashier (Current Employee), Clarksdale, MSJuly 2, 2014
Overall, Kroger is a great place to work from high school into your college life. On a typical day, you devote your time to make sure each customer has what she/ he needs with a smile. This is simply showing a "Customer 1st" attitude. The management does what it takes to work around your school schedule so that you can work and attend school without – more... any complications. – less
Fast pace work environment with plenty of flexibility within the workplace
Deli/Bakery Clerk (Former Employee), Urbana, OHJuly 2, 2014
Pros: two fifteen minute breaks, fairly early shift, vacations, and benefits
Cons: low pay that takes quite a while to build up, management involvement was minimal, communication throughout the store was lacking
There is no such thing as a typical day at the kroger company. Your shift is never a set schedule, which can be okay if you like a change of pace in your work environment, but it makes it very difficult to have a balanced lifestyle. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and most of us are still going to be lifelong friends when I leave the company because – more... we got to know each other so well in the time I have spent there. I am not going to praise management or bash on them because they were just trying to do their job in order to run the store as successfully as possible.The hardest part of my job would have to be the random shifts. I could go from working 5am-1pm to working 2:30pm-10:30pm. I was always tired or worn out because I never had a set sleep schedule. The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be meeting the customers and forming such a relationship with them, that I refer to most by their first name. It was a joy meeting new people and developing such pride to be able to communicate with these people. – less