The Kroger Company
3,717 reviews

The Kroger Company Employer Reviews

Its really an okay place to work!
Deli/Bakery Clerk (Former Employee), North Little Rock, ArFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: very low pay
Management here when I was working wasn't the type of personnel to be there. None of them led by example, and if you didn't do you job to cover them; it was kind of like an instant punishment. If you like working for a weekly paycheck,not really getting the raises to better support your life and not allowed overtime to make up for the low paying paychecks; by all means this is the job for you.
Getting started
Floor Supervisor/Fuel Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2015
This company allowed me to explore my talents. While managing up to 35-46 associates at a time, this company allowed me to show how much I can handle.
Fun Workplace
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALFebruary 22, 2015
I loved going to work everyday. My coworkers were so kind and hardworking just like myself. It was kind of like a friendly competition on a daily basis of who can do the best and make the most shoppers days.
Somewhat fun workplace
Front End Supervisor/Cashier (Current Employee), Mechanicsville, VAFebruary 21, 2015
Kroger is ok to work for if you're in high school as the pay is not the best. Some of the employees aren't very professional
Not Fun
Deli Customer Service (Current Employee), Bardstown, KYFebruary 21, 2015
The Kroger Co does not value employees. It values making money and people in high positions, but not it's hourly paid people who break it's back to keep it the place going.
Fun and fulfilling
Cashier (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 21, 2015
I learn a lot from the co-workers and the customers everyday. the hardest thing to deal with is keeping the customers happy, however, if you have the patience you will be okay.
fastnworkin place
deli clerk (Former Employee), Plymouth, MIFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: free samples
i love working with my co workers i loved the clean enviorment i worked in,i knew the daily customers,i learned greeting customers with a smile can change a customers mood from bad to good
Productive fun workplace with great people
Courtesy Clerk/Bagger/ Barista (Former Employee), Wheeling,West VirginiaFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: great hours
Cons: short brakes
I love coming to work everyday even came on my day off if they needed. I learned a lot the grocery company they do a lot to keep customers happy. My co-workers were great they helped more than my managers did but overall it was a great first job I would go back if I could.
Not a good place to work for
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), IllinoisFebruary 20, 2015
Kroger is not a very good place to work for. Management doesn't care about their employees, people who don't deserve a job there for many reasons are protected from getting fired. It is not a good place to work for at all!
Good for someone looking for part-time work
Cashier (Former Employee), Mount Vernon, ILFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: management was approachable
Cons: not enough hours
Could not get hours, needed full-time work. Seniority based so you have to work there for years before they will give you full-time hours.
horrible.
Stocking Crew (Former Employee), Cartersville, GAFebruary 19, 2015
Kroger actually was a horrible job. They hired me and my friend and made us unload the whole truck every night. Sorry workers and pay, long hours as well.
productive and busy
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: new surroundings, very friendly
Cons: not enough hours
i really learn how to be a team player and know the roles of all my fellow co-workers. had a great atmosphere to work and keep me very busy which i liked.
They treat you like cattle
cashier (Former Employee), houston texasFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: some customers
Cons: managers, dont even want to let you use the restroom.
The managers get bonuses according to how fast you move. They say things to you like ":move faster" and "keep moving" If you are there for a while you will come to understand they have a system of keeping track of how many customers had to wait. It is very stressful because so many people quit and leave you understaffed. SO often you are left to check and to bag enormous amounts of groceries. It will not matter if you are taking a small amount of time with someone with disabilities; they do not care. They want you to get that person out of the way and on to the next. I hated this place with a passion.
Fuel clerk
cashier (Former Employee), Shelbyville, KYFebruary 18, 2015
ringing up peoples purchases, and fuel purchases. Stocking and cleaning the fuel station. How to properly do things in a fuel station. My manager in the fuel station was wonderful. We got along like life long friends. I even helped her with the schedule. Closing at night would have to be the hardest part of the job. It was scary being there by myself. meeting new people.
Awesome Company to work for
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Marietta , GaFebruary 18, 2015
A typical day for me at work would be bagging groceries or pushing carts. I learned to interact with people more. Get to know people's personalities instead of judging them right away. Management if terrific they're always there to help you in any type of way.
Friendly buisness with a focus on the public.
Utility Clerk (Former Employee), Defiance, OhFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: honorable boss, rewards for exceptional work
Cons: poorly timed breaks, untrained supervisor
Kroger was an excellent place to start working. They care very deeply about their customers, placing customer service above nearly all else on the jobsite. The store manager at the time was a respectable person. They worked very hard and weren't afriad to get their hands dirty. Regardless of the job, they were willing to work and help me when I needed it. I quit shortly after that manager retired. Their example in leadership impresses me to this day, showing that even the boss can appreciate a hard days work. The only drawback was that any promotion came with a pay-decrease. In order to be promoted you needed expirence in the store, with that came raises. When you accepted a promotion you were put back on starting pay.
nice place to work
cashier (Former Employee), New Baltimore, MiFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: union
Cons: different hours
Kroger is a nice place to work , meet a lot of different people, clean store, very friendly coworkers and managers. Liked working there.
Kroger
Senior Co-Manager/District Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee), Jackson, MSFebruary 18, 2015
The hardest part of the job was the family and work life balance. The constant changing of holidays and always being open on holidays really stops family travel.
productive and fun place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee), Balch Springs, TXFebruary 17, 2015
great place to work offered many opportutines for employee growth. Great training program. great management and customer service.Great work environment.
A great place to work!
Deli Server/Barista (Former Employee), Toledo, OHFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: great co-workers, great benefits
Cons: management was a little disorganized
The working environment was great! My co-workers were friendly, and I loved my job. The only complaint I had about working here would be that management kept hiring new people in my department when my co-workers and I were already requesting more hours. Aside from a few communication problems between management and store associates, it was a fun place to work with really friendly people.