The Kroger Company
3,192 reviews

The Kroger Company Employer Reviews

Growing Company
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Franklin, TNOctober 14, 2014
Kroger is an excellent work place, a friendly face at every corner and the employes are always willing to help.
Nice place to work
Cashier/Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee), Sidney, OHOctober 14, 2014
Decent hours, and pay that was comparable to what I was doing there.
Respectable company. Allows employees to go to school and still work.
Stocker (Former Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 14, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, employee discount
Great place to work. Company does alot for the neighborhood. Management listens to there employees
Fast paced environment
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), DenverOctober 14, 2014
Pros: great experince. learned all aspects of running a retail operation.
Operating the entire store on a daily bases. Leading up to 160 employees.
n/a
CUSTOMER SERVICE CLERK (Current Employee), Anna ILOctober 13, 2014
great starter job, holidays and weekends are the hardest part of the job as well as dealing with the public.
Nice company to work for
Grocery clerk/ Liquor store cashier (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHOctober 13, 2014
Pros: meet nice new people. alot of discount of various greater cincinnati events
Cons: short breaks. dealing with people with rude and nasty people.
The store is always busy everyday. The only thing I say working there is to have an positive attitude because people there feed off that negative energy. Management will sometimes to take advantage of you if you dont speak up. Overall its a good company to work for.
just a job, definitely not a career
Nutrition Clerk (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 13, 2014
Pros: descent health care package
Cons: no performance raise, actually no raises in years. lack of respect for others
Always something going on to upset someone. I enjoy most of my co-workers and customers. I have learned that patience is very important. I enjoy leaving at the end of the day.
friendly enviroment
Cashier (Current Employee), Ellenwood, GAOctober 13, 2014
I personally enjoy the store and its people. A typical work day is long but time flies by fast with the help of my coworkers and customers. I have learned that the customer is always right and make sure to satisfy the customer so that they are leaving with a smile.
Kroger
Stocker Associate (Former Employee), Jackson, MSOctober 13, 2014
Pros: weekly pay
2+ yrs of service, great first job experience. Stocker, shelf condintioning, unload/load trucks, stock frozen products and dairy.
Fast paced job with a family atmosphere
grocery clerk (Former Employee), Saint Marys, OHOctober 12, 2014
Pros: paid breaks, employee perks, flexible scheduling
Cons: excess of weekend hours
A typical day at work consisted of coming to work in the morning ready to work. Having a meeting with other coworkers and managers to discuss the highlights of the companies weekly budgets and statistics. The management was very supportive and willing to help their workers. The coworkers were very easy to get along with and very personable. Long term – more... friendships came out of the job. The job could be difficult at times, it took a great deal of multitasking between getting your work that was expected of you for the day and making customers your priority to ensure their needs are met to ease their shopping trip. The job was also very rewarding in that you get to build relationships with customers of the community which really grow to be like a family. – less
Community pharmacy with fun people
Lead Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Brownstown, MIOctober 12, 2014
Working with patients can be very frustrating at times. You have to be empathetic and get the job done quickly. You do not answer to pharmacists as you would in a hospital pharmacy, you have to answer to store management. This can often times confuse things. Overall, it was a good stepping stone that helped me prepare for taking the PTCB exam. You meet – more... many new people, and are able to socialize with the public on a regular basis. Education is not really a priority as with hospital pharmacy. A typical day was spent typing prescriptions and managing inventory. – less
i love the people i meet everyday
Accounting/ Money Services Center and Cashier (Current Employee), Stone Mountain, GAOctober 11, 2014
i love the fact i meet new people everydayand learn to do my jobs better everyday
Floral Clerk/Checker (Current Employee), Spring,TXOctober 11, 2014
Kroger is a great place to get your first time job. You meet many customers and its a great place to step out of your shell. Your coworkers are friendly and very helpful. You enhance your ability to be responsible.
Easiest place I've worked
Cashier (Former Employee), Flushing, MIOctober 11, 2014
Pros: breaks
Cons: no healthcare unless you've been there for so long
I was a cashier so my job was pretty easy, I really didn't have much to do so it was boring at the times when we weren't busy. I didn't get any benefits (health care, dental, etc.) But they liked to give gifts cards during contests and your birthday and anniversary of being there for so long so that was a plus.
Great work place everyone had good energy
Cashier/Utility Clerk (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 10, 2014
Pros: the benefits that were offered were great because i have young children.
Cons: me not being 21 i couldnt sell alcohol at the register.
Days at work were good. Sometimes they were hard having to deal with pushing carts for the kroger company. The management was great everyone was on the same page to serve the customer. some co-workers and I were really close I still communicate with them. I learned alot from being with this company,such as great customer service, and being orderly and – more... on time. – less
fun to work at
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Milledgeville, GAOctober 10, 2014
Pros: easy
Cons: hours, leaders, motivation
very easy going, no leadership, no motivation, no benefits unless your fulltime
Fun fast paced work environment.
Dairy Manager (Former Employee), Conroe, TXOctober 10, 2014
Pros: pay and job security.
Cons: management.
Kroger is a great company to work for, with competitive pay and good benefits. However management typically does not value their employees.
Great, Professional, Crisp
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), CincinnattiOctober 10, 2014
Kroger is all about merchandise presentation. Perception is everything in the retail world and Kroger's is a leader in making it look wonderful. They have the best displays and the best representation of merchandise. You want to learn how to present information as well as product? Start here.
Fast paced work at a high volume store, Seasonal,
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Apex, NCOctober 10, 2014
Pros: breaks throughout a full shift, friendly atmosphere
Cons: lacking in committed workers, low pay
A typical day consisted of cleaning and stocking the sales floor, organizing incoming stock and fulfilling customer requests. I learned the value of customer relationships and time management with larger time sensitive tasks. The hardest part of the job was dealing with certain mid level department managers that did not structure tasks or help on the – more... sales floor. This goes unpunished do to the unionization of many workers at Kroger, although that is my opinion. – less
Productive work enviorment.
FLORIST ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Hilton Head Island,SCOctober 10, 2014
*My typical day at work would be to clock in. Set and prepare my work station, gather all the notes from the department manager. Prepare and tackle all job duties and responsibilities given to me. Assist customers in a professional, friendly manner.

*I've learned a lot about flowers/plant life. Working and Designing arrangments.

*Management is great, – more... great people!
never had any complaints.

*My co-workers were good team players we all gave each other a hand when needed. We communicated well with one another.

*The most enjoyable part of the job was the experience. – less