The Kroger Company
3,998 reviews

The Kroger Company United States Employee Reviews

Work is pretty enjoyable management is not as enjoyable
Stock Crew (Current Employee), Campbellsville, KYMay 2, 2015
Like coming into work and interacting with customers and other employees yet the store is not ran very strict until corporate is going to show up then we have to bust our butts to do work that should be done a daily basis to keep the store looking good and clean.
OVERWORKED AND UNDERPAID
Cashier (Former Employee), Marietta, GAMay 2, 2015
I did not enjoy employment at Kroger because I felt they overwork their employees for a low salary. They also do not schedule everyone fairly, so that the hours are evenly distributed.
Don't do it
you wish (Former Employee), middle tennesseeMay 1, 2015
Pros: There are other places to work
Cons: it's kroger
If given the choice between this and jumping off a tall building....choose the building....it will hurt a lot less. Kroger is good if you are a child, as this is how you will be treated.
diverse refrigeration systems
Refrigeration Technician (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 1, 2015
Pros: varied equipment
• Perform prescribed, routine maintenance procedures on supermarket refrigeration systems and self-contained temperature controlled merchandisers
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Conway, ARApril 30, 2015
Pros: pay rate
Cons: short breaks
Kroger's is a wonderful company to work for to expand and gain tons of knowledge as far as general customer service goes.
Productive workplace
Great customer service
Fun workplace
Productive workplace
Help customers
friendly environment, with nice customers and loving employees.
cashier (Former Employee), Algonac, MiApril 30, 2015
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: short breaks
Kroger was a wonderful place to work, everyone was always nice and they were flexible with hours. management was always on top of everything, my co-workers were wonderful! the hardest part of the job was dealing with customers that didn't have enough money for there groceries. working there, i learned that all customers are different and they all expect to be treated with respect and with a smile, they want quick friendly service. the most enjoyable part of the job was making sure everyone was happy with my service and being sure the left my line with a smile and a nice rest of the day.
Was okay, management not the best.
Cashier (Former Employee), Suwanee, GAApril 30, 2015
The job was fine, nothing special. However the management and front floor leaders were not nice at all, other than that great place for a first job.
it was a good work place because everybody seemed cool like nice in all.
The Kroger Company (Former Employee), Louisville kyApril 30, 2015
Pros: kroger card discounts and what not
Cons: short breaks
i would come in hang up my jacket clock in start bagging up food always smile for the costumers and ask them if i can help them with anything then tell them thank you and come again.
Awesome people to work with makes for an AWESOME day at work!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARApril 30, 2015
Pros: INSURANCE, BENEFITS, A UNION.
Cons: UNDERSTAFFED
At Kroger I stayed Busy!!!! But never to busy to help others and have a good time. Management backed me on everything so I felt very confident!!!! The hardest part of the job for me, was unloading the boxes of chicken and stacking them in the walk in freezer!! The most ENJOYABLE part of the job would be the customers!
It's an alright place
Courtesy clerk (Current Employee), Frankenmuth, MIApril 30, 2015
You work with some great people. Mangement needs work though. Its a great starter job I would never want to stay longer than a year or two.
Productive, always something new to learn.
Produce Clerk & Nutrition Manager (Former Employee), Flint, MIApril 29, 2015
Pros: Paid Breaks, Nice people.
Cons: Uncoordinated, Managers that don't care.
A typical day of work consists of loading and unloading the trucks and the product. During the day there would be stocking on the floor, as well as writing an order for the Nutrition Department. I would also cut up fruit and clean the department. Providing good customer service is a must.
Kroger
Drug/GM Associate (Former Employee), Virginia BeachApril 29, 2015
Working the Drug/GM department was always exciting and there was never a dull moment. We all had our own set of tasks and knew what was expected of us before we left for the day.
fun work place
Deli Associate (Former Employee), Richmond, VAApril 29, 2015
it was a great job
the employees was nice
the management needs a little more work
there was no hardest part of the job
The enjoyable part was helping the customers
Well-run Grocery Store
CO MANAGER (Former Employee), Toledo, OHApril 29, 2015
Pros: Work Environment
Cons: Schedule, pay
Fast-paced and tedious. Co-workers and customers made working here a positive experience. Dealing with shoplifters was stressful. Overall, enjoyed working for Kroger through high school and again as an adult.
Social and friendly atmosphere
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INApril 29, 2015
Pros: Good learning experience for a first job
Cons: Minimal pay with no raise after being promoted
Kroger is a great first job. Everything you do is very simple and gets you ready to move on to bigger and better things. I started bagging groceries for customers and then was trained on cash register. You are socializing with customers all day. It makes the time go by a bit quicker. The shipping and receiving was a mess at my Kroger location and no increase in pay which was a bummer. The co-workers are friendly and out going.
Productive and fun workplace.
Service Clerk (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILApril 29, 2015
Pros: Enviroment
Very productive place of work. I was constantly doing things and multi-tasking throughout my work shift. I learned very important people skills and ways to keep the customer happy.
Productive Workplace
Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee), Atlanta GeorgiaApril 29, 2015
Pros: Free samples/ discounts
Cons: Not enough pay/ hours
Hello, I am a hard working women who is looking for a good paying job so I can provide for my daughter and for myself the right way. I love working with customers and providing them with the help that they need. My co-workers are very good, we make a good team to get the job done. We move in a very fast paste to get the customers in and out. I love working and helpings others.
fast pace production
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee), Delaware, OHApril 29, 2015
4 day work week that consists of a typical 10-12 hour day, during holidays lots of mandatory overtime, co-workers are extremely friendly, most management is friendly far as immediate supervisors go, i give the pay scale 4 out of 5 rating
Generic high school job with high turnover.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 28, 2015
Pros: Friendly employees, discount on Kroger brand products
Cons: Short breaks, had to stand while working, little interaction with management
Kroger is a grocery store chain. I worked here doing various odd jobs that needed to be done. My main jobs were to bag groceries, push shopping carts back inside, and clean bathrooms. The management staff was nice, but they were not on the front lines often. The turnover rate was high for my job and we had to stand the whole time we worked.