The Kroger Company
3,567 reviews

The Kroger Company Employer Reviews

Fun place
Deli (Former Employee), Pataskala,OhioJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: helpful people
Cons: didn't work enough hours
I liked working at Kroger because the management was really n ice and helpful when i needed something.
Friendly and Fresh
Produce/ Deli Clerk (Current Employee), Saginaw, MIJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: good work environment
Cons: not caring enough for the employees
Constantly striving for freshness and less shrink. I have learned to keep a clean and full work environment. Management helps with not only to put the customer first but also taking care of the employees. My coworkers are the back bone when it comes to produce. We would not be what we are if we didnt work as a team. The hardest part of my job is making sure we have enough product from the orders to fill and keep fresh.
A Work Enviornment
Deli Associate (Current Employee), Savannah, GAJanuary 16, 2015
Cons: short breaks
Has terrible management skills
Managers shows little to any respect
Co workers love to help as much as possible
Assist customer with maximum customer service
Hardest part of job not being respected
Most enjoyable co workers always willing to help
I learned to never show negative reactions at work
CASHIER
Courtesy Clerk, Cashier (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 16, 2015
As a Kroger employee not only you are a cashier, you play an important role in helping with all positions. I like that the company promotes teamwork. benefits are exceptional great.
Nice for a First Job
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJanuary 16, 2015
You work like a slave to get paid minimum wage and treated poorly
Working a lot of hours with little pay
Cashier (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 16, 2015
My typical day at work would be stocking the shelf's and then I would be a cashier. I was very busy and I was always working. I was always working the midnight shift. Even though I worked a lot I had very little pay.
Productive and innovative company to work
Marketing and Promotional Analyst (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 15, 2015
Kroger is an excellent company to work. Kroger makes investments in technology, stores and employees which will allot them the opportunity to continue as a leaders in the industry.
A day in the life of a File Maintenance Clerk
Lead Scan Coordinator (Current Employee), Salem, VAJanuary 15, 2015
The hardest part of my job is that I have to depend on Upper Management to make sure that price changes are input correctly. When they aren't, then the store comes to me for problems.
how kroger is
Bagger (Former Employee), Sylvania, OHJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: a lot of parties and easy work
Cons: doesnt pay well
Alright company, worked there for 4 years and I was promoted once but they only offered me 15 hours a week so I went back to bagging where I was getting 40 hours a week
working at krogers
Grocery Store Clerk (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: friendly services
Cons: short breaks
As you can see my customer service and team player skills cover a large area as a grocery clerk. I have enjoyed a reputation as an efficient grocery clerk and have a knack for immediately establishing good relationships with customers and staff.
I am a flexible team player who does well in all environments that require the ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple projects with the ability to manage multiple assignments and tasks, set priorities and adapt to changing conditions and work assignments.
well run store with regular customers family like setting
Night Stock, Cashier, Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Holland, OHJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: family like atmosphere
cashier, customer service, money orders, western union, ticket master. Over see baggers and cashiers
learned better people skills, this job brought me out of my shier personality and gave me confidence in people skill
management was great
co workers where long time employees who are loyal and dedicated to their jobs
Hardest part of the job was trying to please the few customers that where just having a bad day,
Best part was customer interaction
good company
Customer service (Former Employee), Moundsville, WVJanuary 14, 2015
This is a good company to work for but the hours were not enough and the minimum wages made it hard to not look for other employment.
Good place to work while in college
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Rome, GAJanuary 14, 2015
Kroger is a good place to work while in college, they work around your schedule. The job provided me with useful skills of customer service.
Great first job
Clerk, Cashier, Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Sugar Hill, GAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: freebie friday
Cons: being completely taken advantage of
Kroger was actually a pretty decent first job. Being with this company ive learned so much about it.. It is definitely a great job if youre wanting to be promoted, or need extra money. Other than that, it is not much of a positive work place.
Good place to work!
Meat Clerk (Former Employee), Madison, INJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: easy work, great people
Great people and very easy job but does not pay very well. For entry level it is minimum wage, but not very physically demanding.
Nice workplace
Cashier (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Richmond, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Great store. Worked there a couple months. Great manager and employees
nice clean friendly enviroment
cashier / customer service (Former Employee), highway 6January 14, 2015
clean y own line make sure everything is clean keep customers happy
Good work environment and very friendly co-workers
DELI/PRODUCE CLERK (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2015
The day starts with checking last nights inventory and maintenance of kitchen. Assisting customers according to their needs and desires. The work environment wasn't always busy a constant flow of business. This position required multi-tasking and customer interactions on a daily, allowing me to adapt to each individual needs. I also learned to keep inventory of in and out going product, along with stocking and display set-up. Management was a well tuned team that ensured that the store was kept cleaned and all workers performed their duties to best of our abilities. Management also worked together to withhold company policies and rules among workers, they were firm but fair. Working with persons from all different backgrounds made times interesting, due to the many personalities all around the work place! The toughest part of this position was maintaining inventory for such a large grocery store.
Very Interesting Place Of Business
Cashier (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2015
Cons: short breaks, not good pay.
Its a great places for a first job. I learned alot being here at Kroger. I've worked in the meat and seafood department, Cashier, overnight stocking. Working here at Kroger my co workers are very friendly and management is awesome. The hardest part of my job is nothing I Enjoy coming to work everyday. Just need better pay.
Work Experience
Assistant Guest Services/Cashier (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJanuary 13, 2015
The store gave great hour but for very little pay. I enjoyed all my co-workers but I do not think this job was meant for me completely.

The Kroger Company Photos