The Kroger Company
4,138 reviews

The Kroger Company Employee Reviews

Personally had a good experience there, Good routine work
Cashier (Former Employee), Grayson, GAMay 26, 2015
I worked as a cashier for Kroger for about a year, dabbling a little in the floral and produce department. Typically my shifts were in the mornings, from 7am-3pm or later, depending on how busy it can get. I got there at the crack of morning and spent the first couple hours organizing go-back items until customers started coming in.Then I would spend the rest of my shift ringing up groceries all day, with a half hour break in between. Starting off was really the hardest part of the job, but once that had passed, it was not a very hard job at all. However, customers can be a handful too, depending on the location you worked at. The best part of working there, personally, was making new friends, getting comfortable enough with the management where I could help make some decisions and venture out into different departments, and being able to have a set, routine work day everyday.
Productive and exciting workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Norcross, GAMay 25, 2015
Kroger is a great company that is on its way to becoming one of the top leading grocery businesses in the United States.
While working at Kroger I learned to meet customer satisfaction in a respectful and timely manner. Management is always supportive, encouraging and gives feedback on your performance. The most enjoyable part is learning new lessons on a daily basis and being able to take these lesson with you and apply them in other jobs.
Working for Kroger has taught me a lot about the retail grocery business.
Recruiter (Current Employee), Blue Ash, OHMay 25, 2015
Working for Kroger has been both challenging and rewarding. A typical day at work would be to first open your email and address any issues that may have happened the night before. You will prioritize your day based upon the information received in your emails along with your calendar for the day. The hardest part of the job was having to put projects together with some of your team members being remote. Since Kroger is so big, it may sometimes be necessary to communicate with team members that may not be in the same city or state as you. That can also be challenging but enjoyable as well. You just have to be sure to communicate candidly and transparently.
Producitve place to work , and a fun good oriented place of work
Store Representative (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INMay 25, 2015
Pros: They work around your scheldule
Cons: The pay could be more
A typical day at work would be me assisting customers throughout the whole day.What I've learned throughout the seven months I've been there is Good customer service skills, also learning more about the general population. My co-workers are hard working people with a good attitude each day they come to work, but some can be a little lazy. The hardest part of my job would be to push carts, but I get through it each, and every day I work. The most enjoyable part of my day is to see a customer happy, and to see a good conversation upon my co-workers, because the day goes by fast.
Kroger
Night Shift Stocker (Former Employee), Mechanicsville, VAMay 25, 2015
Working at kroger was great, Night shift stocking easy job, Co-worker was good and we came friends more then a job and the hardest part working there was people calling out and it puts us with more work to do
Productive and friendly work environment
Store Associate (Current Employee), Red Hill, PAMay 25, 2015
My typical day at work is normally easy, but stressful, which is the hardest part of my job. There are a lot of demands put on you and a very little amount of time to complete tasks in order to keep everyone happy. I've learned a lot of patience and how to keep my cool in tough situations by working for Kroger. The management is normally pretty understanding, but in my year of being with the company there has been 6 different managers. My co-workers are some of my best friends and it's fun to work with people I enjoy, that's probably the most enjoyable part of working for Turkey Hill.
great place great people
Produce Clerk (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 25, 2015
Pros: friendly atmosphere, some company benefits
Cons: low pay for the labor
i enjoy working with the people of Kroger but the pay isn't just worth the headache i was put through getting paid $200 a week to almost do management work kind works on you a bit but other than that the people are friendly and do their best to work with you
Great for a part time job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Stockbridge, GAMay 24, 2015
Pros: Discount, flexible hours, great people, benefits
Cons: part time, hard to advance
I love working here, but if you want to make a living, this isn't the job for you. This is great for high schoolers, or people that just need some extra spending money.
Normal work day.
Produce Clerk (Current Employee), Russellville, ARMay 24, 2015
I go in and cut up fruit to make fruit bowls and back stock for the following day. I do mark downs and help stock shelves for the day ahead.
Great coworkers
FRONT END EMPLOYEE (Current Employee), Murfreesboro, TNMay 23, 2015
Pros: Good people
Cons: Lots of training
Love working there
Great employees
Good training
fun job
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Little Elm, TXMay 23, 2015
This job is very easy and its a outgoing atmosphere. A lot of the staff is very nice. The task that are asked of you are not very hard and they are pretty straight forward.
Fun place, like family.
Deli Manager Assistant (Former Employee), Henderson, TXMay 23, 2015
Pros: Great people.
Cons: the pay.
I really enjoyed my time at Kroger. It was like working with a family. Everyone was close but also could manage to be professional at the same time.
Great Job
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Covington, GAMay 22, 2015
Pros: Great Company
Cons: Management not friendly
Kroger is a great company to work for and has great opportunity. You have a chance to move up in the company and great benefits.
Kroger
Customer service representative (Current Employee), Southlake, TexasMay 22, 2015
Pros: nice people
Cons: not enough pay for the stuff you deal with
Typical work day for me is stressful because of management not caring for us or our customers. Because of the area, some customers are rude but managable. Co-workers were nice but there was always some kind of drama with someone. Rumors were spread quickly about anyone and everyone.
Good place
Cashier promoted to Floral Manager (Former Employee), Dallas AreasMay 22, 2015
Pros: .
Cons: .
Good place to work at, great benefits

Management had huddles to motivate team to have a good day of customer service and sales
My special assignment from my previous job
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), College Park, GA 30349May 22, 2015
I was a curtesy clek at the company and in general we come in every clock in first; during our shifts we bag groceris, put carts into the store, sweep the floor and cleaning the bathroom if needed, and put back the iteams that wasn't pruchased if the customer did not want it; then we clock out. But for me, since was good at putting iteams back that wasn't purchased, that was my job when store closed for being 24 hours; so that was my special assignment working overnight, 5 days a week for 8 hours.
very fast place to work
CASHIER (Former Employee), Lancaster, ohioMay 22, 2015
This is a great place to work and very friendly employees. Every one is very helpful and very upbeat and kind. It is a fun place to work at.I enjoyed my time there.
CASHIER (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 21, 2015
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: short brakes
I enjoyed the working for Kroger everyone is easy going and fun to work with.
I enjoyed the training they provided for all the different positions that were offered.

A typical day at work was always fast pace.
What I learned what how to talk to people and that things can happen at any time no matter who you are.
Co-workers were fun to be around we all worked as a team.
The hardest part of the Job was making sure you were constantly working.
The most enjoyable part of work was seeing returning customers
Grocery Store
Cashier (Former Employee), Macon, GaMay 21, 2015
Ringing up customer's grocery merchandise
Many employees work there since it is opened 24 hours.
Nothing hard about this job
Learning expericence
Cashier (Former Employee), Douglasville, GAMay 21, 2015
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: amount paid and hours worked
The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers. They always taught me someting new or gave me words or wisdom. Whenever I would seem to work there was always short staff and everyone had to work twice as hard to pick up the slack. There was no advancement for me despite the fact that I was there for almost a year and recieved awards for my performance, I was not able to learn about new areas of the store and gain new skills. My co-workers were all very friendly and down to earth people. Everyone got along and we made a really good team.