The Kroger Company
3,906 reviews

The Kroger Company United States Employee Reviews

Good
SALES ASSOCIATE METRO PCS, DAYTON (Current Employee), Moraine, OHApril 9, 2015
It was a good company just the employees had attitudes and even though the been there longer they acted as if they were the supervisor but they were regular associates and did the same thing as i
This job keeps you busy.
Bakery/Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 9, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers
Cons: So much change in guidelines
Typically I baked cookies and bread each day. Answered phones and took orders. Helped prep and decorate cakes. I cleaned following sanitation guidelines.Closed the bakery each night. Customer service at all times. Packaged goods, priced them, and set them out for display.
productive
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 8, 2015
ok place to work, the better employee you are the more hours you get even if that means taking someone elses. pretty much do your own thing when you're not a grocery clerk.
Standard workplace.
Cashier / Produce (Current Employee), Piqua, OHApril 8, 2015
Pros: occasional free food days, good Management, lenient hours
Cons: Short Breaks, paying for a union that does nothing, no benefits
the management was really good about having enough workers on a day so that the store felt as little rushed as possible. Co-workers were really nice and worked together. the job never felt hard, and it was nice to see people i knew come back and i recognized them.
Job security and Stability
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee), Warner Robins, GAApril 8, 2015
Pros: Great coworkers, job stability
Cons: not enough hours
*Front End Maintenance: I sort out grocery items and return them to their shelves and I sort damages and take them back to their areas (deli, bakery, meat, produce and dairy)

*Price changes and auditing

*Coworkers are great, make work easy
Productive and a cultural place to work
Assistant Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Brownstown, MichiganApril 8, 2015
Pros: Healthcare, sampling new products
Cons: No employee appreciation, pay
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting your hands dirty with your associates and showing them that just because you're a supervisor doesn't mean that their job is beneath yours. Overall they'll respect you more for it in the end.
This was my first job.
Clerk (Former Employee), Lexington, KYApril 8, 2015
I actually enjoyed working here. I made a lot of friends and I learned a lot about marketing and customer service. Over the years I performed many functions and I gained a broad knowledege of retail and the grocery industry.
Not the Best
Cashier (Current Employee), Chillicothe, ILApril 8, 2015
Pros: Occasional free food/drinks
Cons: No water at registers
There are many very good employees, but there are some of them that love to gossip, create employee to employee drama that has dramatically decreased work output, and who do not wish to fully complete their given jobs. There are employees who do not call in and who do not show up. There has been multiple offenses of this, but no action has been taken. Just recently, the weekly schedule had been changed after the time allotted to do so. There had then been employees who had missed their shift and written up. Nearly all of their managers, however, are great and understanding of situations that happen outside of work, such as family and finances. They do not seem to have any problem in taking responsibility for the mistakes that occasionally happen. These individuals make it nice to work there, but having someone put there foot down on the employees who do not pull their weight, shirk their duties, and try to pass off their mistakes on others would greatly increase the likability of this place.
Inconsistent hours but great work environment
Bagger/Cashier (Former Employee), Chillicothe, ILApril 8, 2015
Pros: co-workers, job itself
Cons: inconsitent hours, management
When I was hired here I was only 16, they paid me the "under 18" minimum wage and they required me to pay the Union Fees even though I didn't work enough to be part of the Union and I was too young. I was also told when I was hired that they would work with my band schedule, but that was not the case. I kept missing work due to band being graded. They also would give me almost 30 hours a week to 12 the next week. Very inconsistent. My co-workers were like family to me there and the job itself was not hard. It was a good first job and taught me what it was like to work in the "real world".
good
Meat Clerk (Former Employee), Richmond, VAApril 7, 2015
Meat clerks work in the meat department of grocery stores and butcher shops and are responsible for weighing, wrapping and pricing meat for customers. Depending on the store and responsibilities, meat clerks might be asked to slice deli meat or cut down larger pieces of meat for display at the meat counter. Meat clerks work directly with customers, and must have great customer service skills.

In addition, meat clerks must keep the counter and work area clean, and maintain all food safety standards. If working with knives or slicers, meat clerks must make sure they are properly trained and observe all safety procedures.
Horrible place to work.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Louisville, KyApril 7, 2015
Pros: Nothing.
Cons: Everything.
I worked at the outer loop location. Some people were ok but that place was like high school all over again. I do not recommend this work place at all.
Kroger
Cashier/Font End Supervisor (Former Employee), Spring, TXApril 7, 2015
Kroger was in okay place to work, i was a front end supervisor, Management was no willing to work with you to make thing better. The cashiers that i was over where great to work with.
great
Supervisor (Former Employee), rome gaApril 7, 2015
great company and good benefits. working with the general public is a plus you get to know your customers and vice versa. its long hours and demands a lot away from your personal life but it does teach you how to interact with the public
Clerk
Clerk (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 7, 2015
Stock product, keep the department clean, collect shopping cart from outside and bring them all in and clean them out. Great place to work
Productive workplace with great perks that came along with it
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Cordova, TNApril 6, 2015
It was a great experience meeting new faces and getting along well with my associates. The hardest part of the job was to be tangible and being able to adjust quickly.
meat department
Meat Clerk (Current Employee), Russellville, ARApril 6, 2015
I have learned how to cut varieties of steaks and fresh meats. Learn how use customer service. The co-workers are good to work with and the managers are friendly and fun to work for.
Not a good company
clerk (Current Employee), United StatesApril 6, 2015
Cons: pay, hours, advancement, union
The company has very little room for advancement, pay is low, they don't give many hours and its just about impossible to get full time. They have a union but the working conditions are still bad and the pay is low. You can get 16 hours and still have to work 5 days. They have job security but who cares because you can't get hours and and the pay is low.
Productive and fun workplace
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee), Marietta, GAApril 6, 2015
Cons: Low salary, low job title increasements
Management could use some adjustments but it is a great place to work. Great staff and customers are amazing to be around. Wonderful experience all around.
Productive,non friendly
Courtesy Clerk/Bagger (Former Employee), Dayton, OHApril 6, 2015
Pros: long breaks
Cons: short hours
A typical day at work would be gathering carts,bagging groceries,servicing customers.I learned nothing.Management was too hectic,they have like a million people who are "managers".Coworkers are non friendly.The hardest part of the job was carts.Most enjoyable was a 10 percent discount.
Fun place to work with good benefits.
Floor Technician / Grocery Stocker (Former Employee), Louisville, KYApril 6, 2015
Pros: Well organized, excellent management, clean store, friendly staff.
Cons: others jobs, call ins, lazy employees, employees complaining., not enough hours.
This was a great opportunuty for me to bridge from one area of being a floor tecnician only to being able help out in the store and move in to other positions, so increased job opportunities and working your way up wiothin the company was a plus for me. It was also a very work friendly environment that promoted a safe and area condusive for work production. We were able to work as a team and help each other to complete our task on time each shift.

The Kroger Company Photos