The Kroger Company
4,262 reviews

The Kroger Company Employee Reviews

Productive and easy going work enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXJune 17, 2015
Pros: 10% discount on Kroger products
Cons: you get yelled at by customers over things you cant control
While working here everyone was fairly nice and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was dealing with angry customers. The best part was you get breaks even if its busy. This job helped me learn patients with customers and keep a smile and be nice no matter how rude people are to me.
productive and enjoyable place to work
SCO attendant (Current Employee), Durham, NCJune 17, 2015
Cons: short breaks
A regular day at work i have to deal with complaints to why it's only one person controlling 6 registers, i have learned that i have a lot of patience and that i have the ability to fix things that i can control. Management is okay but when you complain because its a mess when you come on to your shift and they don't care its kinda irritating. To me there is no hard part of my job, the most enjoyable part of my job is to see someone walk in mad or angry and when they come to me to checkout they walk out with a smile. I love making people happy.
Fast Paced
Order Selector (Former Employee), Delaware, OHJune 17, 2015
It was very hard work but it was exciting and very fast paced and I enjoyed it quite a bit and they have an incentive pay for top performers!
Great place to work for a part time job or a career.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 16, 2015
Whether you are a student, partial retiree or looking for a career, Kroger has a job position for you. If you are friendly, willing to learn and work hard there are long term career opportunities here.
great place to work
Deli Associate (Former Employee), Lanett, ALJune 16, 2015
Pros: enjoyable work environment
Cons: not many raises
Good work environment. Good coworkers and management. Relatively stress free. You know what is expected of you and should have no problems getting it done.
When Kroger is swamped we become unorganized.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Steubenville, OHJune 16, 2015
Pros: Co-workers, Customers
Cons: Short breaks, favoritism, laziness, weird scheduling
My day is filled with pushing carts, bagging groceries, cleaning, and making customers feel welcome. Interacting with the customers and coworkers are the most rewarding parts in my day. What I did not like about working at Kroger was how I only had computer training, and then I had to figure everything out myself or with the help of a few co-workers. I also believed I was passed up on a few opportunities to become a cashier. No one gave me a good reason why they couldn't take the time to train me. Myself and many of my co-workers found that I wasn't being treated fairly when we witness our new co-workers being trained on the register. When I asked to be trained on the register I was brushed off. It is hard when Kroger gets crowded. When Kroger is swamped we become unorganized. Usually there are not many workers scheduled on those day and it is harder to collect the carts quick enough for the consumers. All in all Kroger has room for improvement.
kroger
Fuel Clerk (Former Employee), cypress Texas #362June 16, 2015
Pros: abundance of hours
Cons: micromanagement
when I start they day I usually unlock everything count the till take down fuel readings. troubleshoot problems with customers or equipment. I learned how to socialize with people of all walks of life. curb my anxiety and to multi-task. Management was fair. my coworkers were awesome. hardest part of job emptying spill buckets. most enjoyable part was inventory pick.
Working with people is very rewarding
Cashier (Former Employee), Germantown, TNJune 16, 2015
Pros: Satisfying my customers
Cons: The pay and lack of benefits
I enjoyed making individuals day by bringing those at the back of the line to the front of the line when I had no one to check out in the express lane.

I found gratification in getting people through my line as quickly as possible.

I had fun dressing up for Halloween and bringing a smile to everyone's faces.

I did not like standing on my feet the majority of the time in one place.
Cares about customers, but complaints go unfixed
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Howell, MIJune 15, 2015
Mostly I enjoy working at Kroger. The company truly cares about their customers and ways to make their shopping experience highly positive. I have a good job that always keeps my on my toes and I usually end up with some funny stories to tell friends at the end of the week. Most of my co-workers are great and have become friends as well. However, I do wish that management would be able to do something about our complaints. Whenever I tell them about a co-worker not doing her job or some mistakes that are constantly being made, management will listen to me, but the problems never actually get fixed for some reason.
Disliked Kroger in general
Cashier (Former Employee), mainvilleJune 15, 2015
Pros: customers
Cons: union rules and lack of help
I love talking with the customers and employees but the company is all about the union , that sucks.The company will work you wierd hours and call you in a lot.The worst is the union issues though.Short breaks, small pay,...
It was confortable
Stocker (Former Employee), Marietta, G.AJune 15, 2015
I enjoyed working there, team support and management was great. The neighborhood and customers was nice at all times and it taught me a lot.
Fast paced day that seemed longer with poor management
Front End Cashier (Former Employee), Brandon, MSJune 15, 2015
Pros: 10% discount off store brand merchandise
Cons: poor management, short breaks, and a system called Q-vision
At the location i worked at my day started out with me clocking in, locating the manager or team leader in charge at that time of day, and try to find out which register to sign in on or if i should let someone out for break/lunch. They taught me how to operate their self-check station. Working with my co-workers and running self-check was the most enjoyable part of my job. They had too many managers though. Sometimes there would be 2 or 3 managers on a shift for the front end alone. The hardest parts was the schedule being changed 2 or 3 times a week, confusing people about what their hours were, plus they had this system called Q-Vision. It kept track of how many registers were open,compared to how many were needed open, which is hard to keep track of during the busiest hours.
great starter job
Front end manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth TexasJune 15, 2015
Pros: great opportunity
Cons: all associates start out part time
Great job for students. Hard work pays off. You can easily advance.All employees start out part time. Discount on groceries.
Customer service oriented.
Associate Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 15, 2015
Can be a good to work. Each location is a different environment based on that store manager's philosophy. Lots of turnover.
Decent Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hamilton, OHJune 15, 2015
Kroger themselves is a decent company, but the call center portion is a nightmare. There is no job security, let alone any compassion or understanding. I did enjoy talking to the customers that came in over the lines. It was really the only thing I loved about working there.
Great co-workers, great prices, and lots of work.
Customer Service Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Wylie, TXJune 14, 2015
Pros: Hours, Long breaks, Store discount
Cons: None
I Helped customers with their deli purchases, learned how to manage my time in between cleaning and assisting the customers. Also while working at Kroger I learned how to prepare and cook various menu items. The management at Kroger was great and they helped get me to the level of satisfaction not only for Kroger but for me as well. The co-workers at Kroger are very helpful and did and excellent job training and working along side with me for my entire time of employment. The most enjoyable part of my day was interacting with the customers whom came to Kroger that taught me a lot about hospitality and courtesy.
productive always something different to do
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Troy, MIJune 14, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: short breaks
Kroger is a good job to start off with the mangers are very nice gets to know their employers always helps you if needed. My co-workers was very fun loved talking if needed help anyone would help no one is selfish. its always something different to do at Kroger you can always learn a lot of different things to do.
Too little pay for such hard work
Cashier (Former Employee), Jackson, TNJune 14, 2015
Pros: My Customers
Cons: A very negative work environment.
A typical day at work included running a front-end register and having face-to-face contact with customers. I totally enjoyed my customers and helping them in any way I can. I found that being kind and patient goes a long way in building a good rapport with people.

What I have learned from this job is that several people who worked at the store where I was assigned were miserable and unhappy, which could be seen in their attitude and demeanor. While I did get along with them and even befriended a few, it was a very negative environment and one I did not particularly enjoy working in.

The hardest part of the job was standing on my feet and countless hours of heat that permeated the building; it created a very uncomfortable environment and was taxing on my body.

Again, the most enjoyable part of my job was my customers. They had a way of lifting me up and making me feel good about what I was doing; I just wish the environment could have been more positive.
It is what it is
Executive Chef (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INJune 14, 2015
Pros: Decent wage, almost no possiblity to be fired
Cons: Unionized, Micromanaged
There are several tiers of store operation. My experience was with a high volume "Marketplace" store.
I am a trained culinarian and the dirth of my experience is in restaurant style dining. I was managed by people who only know the retail side of business and are unwilling to make any adjustments to the way they do business even though a portion of their business doesn't conform to the everyday retail experience.
Company gets people stuck working unfair wages with awful benefits.
Customer Service Clerk/Supervisor (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 13, 2015
Once you get comfortable, if you're there more than 10 yrs, because you've likely just than achieved full-time than because union, and they try their best to disallow you the opportunity for full-time...you're going to be there for life. They will use and abuse you if you allow them. Benefits are awful.

The Kroger Company Salaries

$7.60 per hour

The Kroger Company Photos

Merry Christmas
kroger
Hello! How are you today?