The Kroger Company
3,074 reviews

The Kroger Company Employer Reviews

A secure place to work
Cleaning Personnel (Former Employee), Waterford, MISeptember 9, 2014
Pros: benefits were great.
Cons: n/a
Krogers offers stability, and a future if one chooses to commit themselves for most of their life. I was allowed by management to conduct my specific job to my specific needs and management was pleased with my services.

The co-works were people such as myself. Working hard to make a living.
A grocery store
Customer Service, Cashier (Former Employee), Evans, GASeptember 9, 2014
I was customer service. I loved the easy work week, till hours started stinking and i could never get a raise after it was promised but i loved working with the fellow cashiers and all their specialty area staff
Fun workplace with Caring Staff
Cashier/ Bakery/U-Scan/Dairy/ Stock (Former Employee), Dickinson, TXSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: monday through friday 8am to 4pm
Cons: minimum wage
Fun staff and enjoyable customers make any day a good day. Kroger does their best to satisfy the customer. There was no hard part of the day if a positive attitude was kept. The most enjoyable part of the day was to know that the customer were 100% satisfied with their Kroger experience.
Productive Workplace
Store Clerk/Customer Service/Supervisor (Current Employee), Lebanon, TNSeptember 9, 2014
interacting with customers. Management is hard to work with depending on the management staff. Co-workers are fantastic at this location for the most art. The hardest is dealing with upset customers. the most enjoyable part is having fun with our customers.
Customers make the Job worth it!
Cashier (Former Employee), Evans, GASeptember 9, 2014
Count till before and after shift. Weigh produce, memorize produce numbers. keep a clean work space. Have a relationship with your customers so they will want to come back.
Managers are strict, keeps you focused on your work so im never slacking.
bagger/cartpusher (Current Employee), Bourbonnais, ILSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: get a workout
Cons: short brakes
my review over Kroger would be that when i walk in i clock in, i walk outside and get a row of carts bring them in for about a half an hour than i come inside and i find the check lane with the most groceries, i ask the customer how their day is going and how they would like their groceries bagged and its pretty much repetitive. Just them two things – more... occasionally il clean the bathrooms or pick up a spill if be needed. Also i help load heavier merchandise into cars and help customers out that need it. Mostly i enjoy talking to all the customers and doing labor outside like pushing carts. – less
cashier and waited on customers in customer service
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Toledo, OHSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: enjoyed in talking with customers
Cons: sometimes wouldn't get a chance to leave
you always kept busy as being a cashier, if not then you cleaned off the cash register. learned that you can always have customers very rude,
but I can keep my cool.
The co-workers would help you when needed.
the hardest part at the time was lifting heavy items.
always enjoyed in talking with the customers
Great management and employees
Bagger/Stocker (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARSeptember 8, 2014
Kroger is a great place employees helped me with anything I need and taught me everything they knew. The manager is a great lady. She always made sure well all were ok and made sure I had a way to make it to work on time.
good company
Co Assistant Grocery Manager (Former Employee), Mableton, GASeptember 8, 2014
the company is good but the particular store I was at was poorly ran. Management was not up to par.
Loved my job.
Cashier/Fuel Clerk (Current Employee), Marmet, WVSeptember 7, 2014
Every day was always something new and exciting, loved my Kroger family.
Productive place to work.
Fuel Clerk/ Cashier (Former Employee), North Little Rock, ARSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: short breaks
My co-workers were the best to work with. I didn't like management except for a couple. My job was fairly easy.
All work no play
Co Manager (Current Employee), Clarksville, TNSeptember 6, 2014
not my favorite job. no work life balance. No time off in management. Can and will work 6-7 days a week. 10 hour plus days.
A good safe and working enviroment with decent pay.
Deli Assistant (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: good pay and vacation time.
Cons: health benefits.
I come in early almost everyday and set up for the days task.I have learned how to order and work with power jacks,management gives you good advice to make it through your day.I like working with my coworkers when there is teamwork involved it makes the day easier and better.The hardest part of working for Kroger is trying to do a lot in such a short – more... period of time.I enjoy working in a fast pace work place and helping customers with some of their shopping decisions. – less
Lovely coworkers
Front end Supervisor (Former Employee), Stone Mountain, GASeptember 5, 2014
Coworkers were like bestfriends and family. Great place to work, okay pay and management was okay but the floor manager was excellent.
cashier position
Cashier (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: flexibitliy
Cons: pay
good for first job, a typical day is kissing the customers butt
Okay company
Bagger/Stocker (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 4, 2014
Its okay for a good start as a first job, I wouldn't go back there if I was looking for a career.
great place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee), Walton, KYSeptember 4, 2014
they were really flexible with with school when i was in high school and when you needed off for something the worked it out with you. very good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Jackson, MISeptember 4, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: healthcare
Kroger was a good place to work. The day consisted of ringing up the customers orders and collecting payment for their items. I learned a lot about working with customers. The co-workers and management were a joy to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity to work with others on a daily basis.
the best thing about the job was my co-workers
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: a lot of free samples
Cons: short breaks, poor management, low employee moral
A typical day at work in the bakery meant working non-stop to keep the department organized.
I have learned that planning ahead in the workplace is important.
The management could use some improvement.
My co-workers were awesome. If you're going to work in any department work in the floral department. You get paid to make gorgeous arrangements and be – more... around awesome people.
The hardest part about the job was doing everything with no recognition.
The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers. – less
Fun Off-Clock Activities
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Covington, GASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: quick friendship
Cons: prying
We had several, Culture Council events outside of work that promoted unity and fun.