The Kroger Company
3,424 reviews

The Kroger Company Employer Reviews

My Co-Workers
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Durham, NCDecember 4, 2014
The Kroger store I worked at was always busy so I never was bored. The pay was outstanding even though it was a minimum wage job as a college student I enjoyed working there and with the other employees that also worked there. My co- workers were very friendly and me being in produce they were always happy to see my face from time to time.
A good place to begin understanding work life.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Southfield, MIDecember 4, 2014
It's no job that I would settle into as a career, but it definitely was a fair company as well as decent working environment.
Fun Workplace
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee), Birmingham, MIDecember 4, 2014
Pros: decorating cupcakes
Cons: working in the freezer
Loved working with the public and I loved baking. Being a Bakery Clerk at Kroger has gave me great experience in decorating cakes and cupcakes. The people were very friendly and I got along with everyone.
production warehouse
Order Selector (Former Employee), Delaware, OHDecember 3, 2014
very fast paced work place. Had to meet the quota and production benchmarks. Long days and some short days.
Good company
Store Recruiting Specialist (Former Employee), DeSoto, TXDecember 3, 2014
Pros: good work enviroment
Cons: couldnt bring my dog with me to work
I enjoyed working with the public and enjoyed giving excellent customer service.
I hated it
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Ashland, KYDecember 2, 2014
It was the shortest job I've ever had due to management and the unfairness of that place.
Customer interaction is pleasurable
File Maintenance Clerk & Floral Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 2, 2014
Pros: i can shop while at work, and insurance has great benefits.
Cons: working overnights interrupts my sleep sleep patterns.
*I would start my day by scanning prices and correcting signage.
*Next, I would start to do scan audits for fair pricing.
*Later, I start to start my Compass, and resets to ensure correct labeling and pricing.

I have learned, fair treatment to stakeholders and employees is needed to ensure a comfortable work environment and return business which feeds – more... the business and secures employment. It is difficult to work overnight, but I enjoy having going in earl, other days, to enjoy the rest of the day. – less
Productive, effecient, and but lazy
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXDecember 2, 2014
Pros: friendly, nice
Cons: short breaks
Work there was nice, had a really nice working environment, but there were not many places for advancement. The job was not very hard but it was tiring.
Productive Workplace
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee), Southlake, TXDecember 1, 2014
Pros: great people great management
Cons: horrible pay
decent place to work,money isn't worth it. great people work there and everyone gets equal right to contribute
Work days at Kroger
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHDecember 1, 2014
While working for Krogers I learned that the customer comes first & customers are always right.I enjoyed the job the atmosphere the employees, & I was getting good hours every week.
Great first Job
Retail/Grocery store Customer service deli/bakery (Former Employee), Garland, TXNovember 30, 2014
Typical day at work was going in to bake and/or work in the deli. The managers and my co-workers were very helpful in teaching me the methods to doing things.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Laurel, MSNovember 30, 2014
This was another company I was sad to leave, but had to. It was a great work environment and the customers were great.
Stressful
Cashier (Former Employee), Bonaire, GANovember 30, 2014
Pros: work days were short
Cons: wage garnishing for charity, high turnover
As a cashier, donations to charities are automatically removed from your paycheck even though you only make minimum wage. The turnover rate for cashiers is also ridiculous. Cashiers are required to reach and maintain a certain speed at checkout, but you are waiting on customers before your timer stops.
TYPICAL WORK DAY
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 28, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
WHEN I WOULD GO TO WORK TO START MY SHIFT FOR THE DAY NEVER KNEW WHAT DEPARTMENT I WAS GOING TO BE WORKING IN OR HOW LATE I WAS GOING TO BE WORKING AND LEARNED SO MUCH , ENJOYED DOING ACCOUNTING AND ALSO JUST ENJOYED EVERYTHING ABOUT MY JOB
Very efficiently run store
Event Specialist (Former Employee), Staunton, VA.November 28, 2014
I met many wonderful people from the community while doing this job.
Productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Elkhart, INNovember 27, 2014
Pros: long breaks
Cons: personal
A typical day with the Kroger family is helping customers every second of the day. The store was never slow. We were always busy and I enjoyed working with the customers
I enjoyed meeting all the different peopele
Cashier/Front end clerk (Current Employee), Hinesville, GANovember 27, 2014
The entire staff was an amazing group of people. I was able to learn a lot about the job and met a lot of people that were very nice while working with my customers
Managers don't help the employees
Front end supervisor, cashier, Customer service (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 26, 2014
Pros: job work/life balance, compensation/benefits, job security/advancement
Cons: management, tough expectations
Managers tend to be focused too much on numbers, and less on customer satisfaction and respecting the employees that work for them. But besides that small problem everything else, about this company outweighs the bad.
Overall good place to work.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Speedway, INNovember 26, 2014
I was a front end cashier at Kroger. They trained me very well at the beginning of my time there. I also learned many new things along the way that made the job easier. But overall being a cashier was not that difficult.
New Skills
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHNovember 26, 2014
Pros: long breaks
Cons: not enough hours
Learning how to use a meat slicer, meeting new people in a new city, interacting with customers, Learning how to date dot products.