The Kroger Company
3,799 reviews

The Kroger Company Employer Reviews

Day at Kroger
Drug General Merchandiser Clerk/Cashier and bagger (Current Employee), Conway, ARMarch 8, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: short breaks, partime healthcare benefits
A typical day at Kroger is pretty busy walk in help customers unload the truck work the truck make sure everything your ordered came in. Help up front either bagging or checking. Setting up for the seasons and holidays doing end caps and planograms.

I have learned a lot working there. How to deal with certain customers. How to do the ESI which is where the truck comes in and you check of the items that came in and you see items that are scratched from the warehouse.

Management is awesome there they are really nice and makes sure everyone is on top of their work and let you know when your doing a good job.

Co-workers are very hard workers everyone does their own thing unless someone needs help with anything.

I would have to say the hardest part of the my job is trying to get everything finished when the front is always needing help.

I love working with my co workers I know if I have any question I can always ask for help and the same for them. Everyone lets you know when you are doing a great job. And everyone is very respectful and appreciative.
Treat employees well.
Deli Associate (Current Employee), Kettering, OHMarch 8, 2015
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: no health care and very low wages.
A typical day at work is preparing different salads and hot food. I have learned quite a bit being from the medical field. This position is something I have never done before. The management is a great team who are fair and interested in me as a person. I love my co-workers. We not only work hard but we manage to make it fun. The hardest part for me was all the physical work that needs to be done but after a year I have muscles I never knew I had. The most enjoyable part of my job is making the customer happy.
Interesting
Associate (Former Employee), Independence, KYMarch 7, 2015
Pros: comraderie, had a union
Cons: poverty level wages
Opportunity to advance if you make yourself stand out. A mix of people and work ethics. Customers treat you like dirt. Schedules prepared with little advance.
Kroger
Customer Service Cashier and Inventory Clerks (Former Employee), Heath, OHMarch 7, 2015
I make routine temperature checks of coolers, stock shelves so there are no holes, load and unload trucks, and run the cash register with excellent customer service.
very good atmosphere clean productive warehouse
Selector/Loader (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 6, 2015
Pros: bonus every 21 days
Cons: have to constantly keep up with production
I would ride around warehouse with my headsets on operating a rider pallet jack selecting the products to be shipped.Palletizing every product.
the people are great
Utility Clerk (Former Employee), Bourbonnais, ILMarch 6, 2015
The people there are great, the job was okay at best. Three hour shifts at six days a week gets old fast. Not much else to say.
The main thing I enjoyed about Kroger was a few customers I met as well as the coworkers that I became with, other than that, not my favorite place.
Cashier (Former Employee), Grove City, OhioMarch 5, 2015
Pros: coworkers become lifelong friends, meeting new people
Cons: management, horrible pay, dealing with upset customers
A typical day at Kroger is me showing up five minutes early to clock in and relieve a fellow coworker, I greet each customer with a smile and scan their groceries in a quick but efficient manner. I learned how to interact with the general public and how to problem solve when I was faced with more than a couple tasks at once. Management was not friendly whatsoever, despite how hard I worked for them they constantly badgered me and I felt very unappreciated. My coworkers were the complete opposite, I made many friends there, and keep in touch with most of them still today. The hardest part of the job was dealing with management, as I stated before I worked very hard for them and never fully felt appreciated. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people in my surrounding area.
It was a job for people who work slow pace.
Deli Team Member (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIMarch 5, 2015
it was a good job overall. The managers are ok they don't actually check on you the are like the work of mouth type.Hardest part of the job is cleaning and working handling customers at the same time.
good work place
Cashier/Clerk/Produce/Stocker (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAMarch 4, 2015
job comes with a lot but not much that i coudnt handle but it was a good job like the way the pay schedule was set up and you meet new people daily great work expience
Kroger was very productive
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Douglasville, GAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: discounts on groceries
Cons: benefits weren't available for someone in my position
Working at kroger wasn't my favorite job, but alas it wasn't the worst. I made enough money to get by while I worked there. My days at work were all pretty much the same I came in I did what was asked of me and I went home. the hardest part of my job was probably cleaning the nasty restrooms there. The most enjoyable part was interacting with the customers. The management was okay, some of them were okay and I really liked them, others, not so much.I had some really great coworkers
Very busy and interesting
Accounting Associate (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
Everyday was new challenge and you learn how to figure it out with a smile. I learned a lot at Kroger, because of the daily madness you learn what you are really made of. I'm proud to say that I will figure out an solution while putting a smile on my customers face.
Family oriented
Deli Asst. Manager (Former Employee), Auburn, IndianaMarch 4, 2015
Pros: good hours
Cons: not the best union
Always willing to help with family issues. They were always willing to help me while my grandmother was sick and if I had to have time off for my kids.
tediaus and not very fun
Starbucks Barista - Full Time (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 4, 2015
Pros: sometimes free food
Cons: everything else
not a good place to work.................................................................................................................ever
Great Management, Great Benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Prospect, KYMarch 3, 2015
Pros: excellent management and a joy to work with
Cons: physically demanding when taking in truckloads of product daily
A typical day at work is helping customers with requests, even if it's not in my department. Providing the best quality and customer service are the most important aspects of the job. I have also learned the demand for freshness in this industry.

Working with the number of employees we have at our location requires good communication skills between co-workers. Keeping a positive environment is very important with all the personality types you encounter day to day.

The hardest part of this job is off-loading multiple pallets from the various truck deliveries several times a week. Incoming boxes delivered can weigh up to 150lbs. We are also expected to off-load other departments order delivery until entire truck has been distributed.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me are the customers. It's like having an extended family. Being able to help them make the best purchase and educating them on their selection is very rewarding. The customer appreciates the guidance and creates loyalty. It's a happy environment to work within.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Zanesville, OHMarch 3, 2015
Working at Kroger was great. We always had enough help and the management cared about you.

The co-workers were also great we all got along. Honestly I hate that I lost my job there.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers and the workers.
Productive and fun place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: discount on all store items
Cons: open to midnight
Nice place to work, that you learn a lot from the management team who is always willing to teach you anything and co-workers are very friendly
Good environment, something new everyday.
Apparel Associate (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARMarch 3, 2015
Pros: great hours
Cons: short breaks
typical day at work:
Go in, read my shift duties for the day and help a few customers out here and there. They key to a happy customer is a happy employee, so I smile and greet everyone I see. Great management, friendly. Co-workers are cool for the most part. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers find exactly what they need and seeing a smile on their face.
Starbucks
Cashier (Former Employee), dallas,txMarch 2, 2015
Cashier,Floral,Starbucks and basically any area dealing with the front end.and the challenging part about this job is you might get some rude cusstomers if they are having a bad day but at the end of the day i still have a smile
Greedy Selfish Workplace
Sub. Department Manager (Former Employee), keller texasMarch 2, 2015
Pros: free 30 minute lunch
Cons: everything else
I worked for Several of their stores, and the mindset was always the same, "Sell the groceries, don't tell anyone if you're being harassed, all we care about is our sales."
They do Not pay well for 90% of their people. You start off at minimum wage, and you stay there for years no matter how far you have come up in the company.
Union is a JOKE, they take $60 a month, just to tell you that they cant help you with Any of your problems you're having. its absurd. I will Never work for them again
Easy work but bad management hindered productivity
Sales Associate At Kroger (Former Employee), Suwannee GAMarch 1, 2015
Pros: discount groceries
Cons: bad managers
A typical day including bagging groceries, mopping, sweeping, taking out trash, stocking inventory, and conditioning shelves. The management was very poorly organized and would sometimes be very confusing when every manager wanted things done a different way. Hardest part of the job was trying to please the customers when the management would hinder me in doing so. Best part of the job was the discount groceries