The Kroger Company
3,600 reviews

The Kroger Company Employer Reviews

I loved working for Krogers
Deli Clerk (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 20, 2015
I learned how to operate in a fast paced environment while maintaining safe food temperatures and excellent customer service.
A average day at Krogers was always different but exciting!
If my mother wouldn't have gotten sick I would have still been there but I really didn't agree with the pay
Fun place to work
Meat Department (Current Employee), Humble, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: co workers are good people
Cons: bad managers make it hard
This is an easy job wants you get the hang of it. Although lack of team work could make the work more difficult than it has to be. Managers only look to complain just so they can get a bonus for associates hard work.
Very active and wonderful learning experience.
Front End Supervisor -Atlanta (Former Employee), Atlanta GA.January 20, 2015
A typical day at work was very customer centered. I learned to read people and listen to the needs of a person so that I was able to help them best. My co-workers were very up beat and self starting people, they were also honest and followed protocol. The hardest part of the job was having to leave and what I enjoyed most about it was satisfying the client!
I loved working with everyone at the company
Deli Customer Service (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: customers, co-workers, managers
Cons: working by myself to close the deli when i worked nights.
I always had fun laughing and interacting with customers and co-workers. The management was nice to me also. Even when I had to multi-task, I had a co-worker willing to help when I needed it. I worked nights alot of the time and by myself to close, so it helped when a co-worker or manager was able to help me get my work done. And I loved that my customers were always patient.
Cashier / Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: didnt have to leave for lunch since there was a deli
Cons: short breaks, music that plays in store
A typical day is assisting customers with grocery transactions.

I've learned how to stay in positive attitudes and improvement in verbal communications.

Management was very friendly and organized.

Coworkers were very friendly, funny and helpful.

Hardest part of the job was when you got that one customer that tries to get under your skin.

Most enjoyable part is communicating with different people throughout the day.
Large company with advancement opportunities
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Marietta, GAJanuary 20, 2015
Busy schedule
Ability to advance in different departments
Drama Zone
Sales Retailer (Former Employee), Delaware, OHJanuary 20, 2015
It was nice to have a job but because lots of teenagers work there there was lots of drama. My managers were very rude to me all the time! My manager called my station one day because he wanted to tell me I needed to talk to the customers and not my baggers but what he did not know was I had two girls as customers and my bagger was a girl as well, everyone knows girls can talk, all four of us were in a conversation but i was the only one in trouble. It was just not my place.
great work atmosphere
dairy manager (Former Employee), Roseville, MIJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: health care vacations great pay
working at Kroger was like working with family it was great I would suggest working there to anyone , learned great department head skills
loved it
n/a (Former Employee), Brownwood, TXJanuary 19, 2015
worked well with school schedules. fun place to work but when money started missing the only ones that were punished were those that management wanted gone instead of those who were actually responsible.
classic case of if they like you then you solid but cross them once and they're out for blood
Kroger's work experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Fishers, INJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: two 15 minute breaks, and a 30 minute lunch
Cons: work over night
At Kroger I helped customers and stocked the store before it reopened in the morning. I learned how Kroger operates in stocking there story on a daily basis before it opened in the morning. management really wasn't there because managers would work all the way until there was 2 hours left before the store closed, right before I came into the job. my co-workers would stock there area of the store and if they finish before everybody they would go help my other co-workers. the hardest part about the job is working on a certain area of the store that has the most items in it. the most enjoyable part of my job was the co-workers I met while I was working there. They were friendly and always worked just as hard as me.
n/a
Cashier/Cash Handler/ Customer Service (Former Employee), houston, texasJanuary 19, 2015
it's fast paced, it's alright. you're on your feet majority of the day
productive and fun work place
Bagger (Former Employee), Katy, TXJanuary 18, 2015
I would bag peoples grocerys and help them out with the carts, go out and get the carts from the cart area, do returns take the stuff back to the ale is what on, people my age or younger working there, management was nice, i liked the breaks even it was 15 mins.
Good company
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: grocery discounts
Cons: pay isn't great
Spent a year working there while in high school as a bagger. Got paid minimum wage and worked very hard. I was often rewarded for that through verbal praise and non-monetary compensation. Best management I've ever worked under. Store manager regularly on the floor assisting with everything.
Fun place
Deli (Former Employee), Pataskala,OhioJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: helpful people
Cons: didn't work enough hours
I liked working at Kroger because the management was really n ice and helpful when i needed something.
Friendly and Fresh
Produce/ Deli Clerk (Current Employee), Saginaw, MIJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: good work environment
Cons: not caring enough for the employees
Constantly striving for freshness and less shrink. I have learned to keep a clean and full work environment. Management helps with not only to put the customer first but also taking care of the employees. My coworkers are the back bone when it comes to produce. We would not be what we are if we didnt work as a team. The hardest part of my job is making sure we have enough product from the orders to fill and keep fresh.
A Work Enviornment
Deli Associate (Current Employee), Savannah, GAJanuary 16, 2015
Cons: short breaks
Has terrible management skills
Managers shows little to any respect
Co workers love to help as much as possible
Assist customer with maximum customer service
Hardest part of job not being respected
Most enjoyable co workers always willing to help
I learned to never show negative reactions at work
CASHIER
Courtesy Clerk, Cashier (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 16, 2015
As a Kroger employee not only you are a cashier, you play an important role in helping with all positions. I like that the company promotes teamwork. benefits are exceptional great.
Nice for a First Job
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJanuary 16, 2015
You work like a slave to get paid minimum wage and treated poorly
Working a lot of hours with little pay
Cashier (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 16, 2015
My typical day at work would be stocking the shelf's and then I would be a cashier. I was very busy and I was always working. I was always working the midnight shift. Even though I worked a lot I had very little pay.
Productive and innovative company to work
Marketing and Promotional Analyst (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 15, 2015
Kroger is an excellent company to work. Kroger makes investments in technology, stores and employees which will allot them the opportunity to continue as a leaders in the industry.