The Kroger Company
2,499 reviews

The Kroger Company Employer Reviews

King Soopers/ Kroger Company
Meat Cutter (Former Employee), Firestone, COMarch 30, 2014
Pros: meeting new people, helping friends or coworkers with job task's
Cons: lack of help leads to many small problems, with handling customers at times.
King Soopers is a well put together company.
I enjoyed working for the Kroger company. They are a fair and balance company with room for advancement. It can be a challenging at time with business and day to day operations. very physical job
We worked hard and had fun doing it.
Grocery clerck (Former Employee), Crowley, Texas 76036March 30, 2014
Pros: close to home, good benefits
Cons: going out in 100 degree weather to get carts.
Four tractor trailers of groceries would show up almost everyday we would have to unload them and make sure they went where they belonged. The management was always on a different level and willing to let you know that. The employees were hard working and very proud of their work. The hardest part was trying to move pallets of food through the store – more... without getting in someone's way. This did not happen to offend. The most enjoyable part was knowing that we had 40,000 products in their place and that store looked great. – less
Kroger is a great company with a great culture but working long days and nights doesn't leave much room for a home life
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 29, 2014
Pros: great staff and customer base
Cons: long days and nights and sometimes 6 day weeks, difficult to schedule time off
Being an associate/assistant store manager at Kroger was a great position that started as early as 7am and as late as 2pm. Your workday could finish at 6pm or as late as 1am.
I learned how all of the departments worked and the amount of work one put in to make those departments successful.
The management team at the store I worked at was fabulous. It – more... was truly a pleasure to have worked with all of them; the job was enjoyable almost always.
The hardest part of the job was some of the training and learning the different departments, working late and unloading pallets off of the grocery trucks.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the staff and the customers. There were rarely employee issues or customer issues. It was a great store! – less
The employees are great to work with.
Kronos Payroll, Assistant Customer Service Sup. (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 28, 2014
Pros: the food is great because there our actual chef"s there.
Cons: i have none.
Overall Its a great place to work as of now the healthcare plan is great.
good 1st time job
QFC (Former Employee), Portland, ORMarch 27, 2014
Pros: they worked with me going to school, being a mom. they treated me like family and were honest with me.
Cons: they would scheduled me to work even when i was still in school, i had to take the bus so it was hard.
Working here can have its benefits it was hard to advance up in this work place. You do meet alot of new people and learn what customer service is, They teach you various work skills.
it was a good work place
Bagger/Stocker (Former Employee), Pearland, TXMarch 27, 2014
Pros: 2 breaks
Cons: short breaks no lunch
everyone was nice and cool. the people i worked with were nice
Kroger Workers
Cashier (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXMarch 27, 2014
Pros: discounts on groceries
Cons: managers with attitudes and low pay
Enjoyed working with the company, learned how to stock up groceries, and how to do returns, the hardest part about the job was working with coupons especially if you were new to the company. I was so upset because people thought I worked there for the longest. But I caught on after watching older employees.
productive and fun work place
Cashier (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 26, 2014
i love working at Kroger they have taught me alot and i have grown trimindioulsy working here but im currently looking for a second job to take care of my family
A very good enviornment to work in.
Deli Clerk (Current Employee), Madison, MSMarch 26, 2014
I treat the customers how I would want to be treated. I go beyond to make sure my customers are satisfied once they leave out of my department and out of my store. If they need assistance in another department I will help with the best of my ability. I can actually say I enjoy waking up in the morning coming to work.
The store is pretty
Floral Assistant (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 26, 2014
Pros: great staff, 10% discount on kroger foods
Cons: few hours, low pay
Kroger is a good place to shop - be sure to get those fuel points!

I enjoy helping customers but sometimes feel we nag them.
Great work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Bedford, TXMarch 26, 2014
A typical day was very organized, everyday was filled with happy guest. I learned how to work in a fast pace and learn more about products. All the coworkers were nice and we all got along just great. Most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that the guest git everything they needed all in one place.
Enjoyable place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Chester, VAMarch 26, 2014
Pros: loved operating the register
Cons: not many hours
Ringing groceries up and bagging customers items was a typical day. Co-workers helped out and were nice and caring and great managers.
Fun enviroment
Supervisor of Front End Operations (Former Employee), Fort WayneMarch 26, 2014
I enjoyed working for Kroger, the benefits weren't good but the atmosphere was fun
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Stockbridge, GAMarch 25, 2014
Very well organized no complaints it is a very enjoyable work experience
Customer Service Coordinator
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Lithia Springs, GAMarch 25, 2014
Assist customers with returns, purchasing store protection plans and service packages
Answer telephone inquiries from customers and stores regarding the status of units and other service issues.
Assist with new employee training including store policies, services, financing options and register operations.
Accustomed to working in fast-paced environments – more... with the ability to think quickly and successfully handle difficult clients.
Assisted customers with locating merchandise. – less
Great place to work just not consistent hours
Fuel Clerk (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GAMarch 25, 2014
Pros: free water
Cons: no bathroom
Very relaxed environment . besides dealing with crazy customers a typical at work would be best described as relaxing.
Overall, a good place to work.
Produce Associate (Current Employee), Springfield, OHMarch 25, 2014
Pros: kroger discount, great co-workers, flexible schedule
Cons: no lunch break for an 8 hour shift, union dues, part-time hours
The Kroger Company is a good company to work for, with a few faults. Most everyone is part-time, which was a negative for me. The Kroger Co. is a union shop, which is also a negative for me. My H.R. manager told me Kroger would not employ anyone who did not sign the union contract, and I didn't want to lose my job, so I did. I asked her the benefits – more... of the union, which she couldn't give me. She shrugged and said FMLA was a benefit, but I got that at another job without having to pay $12.50 a week. Aside from the union, they have good benefits and will work around your schedule. – less
A fantastic place to work. Kroger worked with me to get me as many hours as I needed as well as time off.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Bardstown, KYMarch 25, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: no set schedule
It was a place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Decatur,ILMarch 25, 2014
Pros: it is an union place
Cons: it needs to be fair
It was not a place where anyone can move up in the company, the only ones that can move up was their own friends it did not matter if one that had experience and schooling.
great oppertunity to move up and training
Supervisor/Assistant Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 24, 2014
Pros: great benefits, interaction, and the ability to build my skills
Cons: pay rate, ever changing schedule
I loved the interaction I got on a daily basis with my customers. As a supervisor my duties included front end control and management. I supervised anywhere from 10-20+ employees at a time. While handling multiple issues with customers and our operating system. I thrived on the how busy I was required to be in order to be successful. Multi tasking turns – more... out.....is my specialty! – less