The Kroger Company Employee Reviews

Very demanding workload
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee), Irving, TXAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Very good compensation and benefits package
Cons: Management is not supportive
From open to close there was always too much to do. We were expected to do so much with absolute minimal amount of people to do the jobs. They trained me to be proficient in many cutting edge aspects of pharmacy but many times that was more of a burden. I did enjoy providing quality care to many of the Kroger customers. Kroger does compensate their employees well but the demand to meet expectations makes the work environment very stressful.
Great first job
Cashier (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 13, 2015
Pros: pay periods fall each week instead of being biweekly
Cons: short breaks
This was my first job and for a student in high school this is a great way to learn the workings of having a job, earning, money, and proper work place procedure.
First job...
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Georgetown, KYAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Discount
Cons: Pay, Culture, Management, Advancement Opps
From what I experienced it is very demanding for what little you make to come to work.

The store I was located had a lot of associates with drug abuse issues and there is almost no opportunity to advance...quickly anyway.
busy busy busy
Meat Clerk (Former Employee), Hilliard, OHAugust 12, 2015
Pros: free food, fun job
Cons: short breaks, if ever breaks
I enjoyed working for Kroger, until they noticed. I was given a heavy workload while other people, people who were making more would often stand around simply because of seniority.
Great learning environment
Retail Associate / Florist / Customer Service (Former Employee), Porter, TXAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Friendly work environment, great management
Cons: No benefits
As a florist, I had learned more than I had intended. Not only was I responsible for projects, but I was also introduced to the field of customer service. I personally enjoyed my experience with Kroger, and my co-workers. Working retail allowed me to engage more with the customer. There were times where I found it challenging, but I remained positive and excelled in my profession.
Great Benifits with Union
Grocery Industry/Customer Service (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 11, 2015
Pros: heath care benifits
Cons: needed to pay employees better
Had an over all great experience although pay amount was low. hard workers deserve better pay then 7.35 pay. heath care benefits were great.
Denver Central Fill
empoloyee (Current Employee), Denver, COAugust 11, 2015
Pros: best job ever!
Cons: This is a job where you stand on your feet the entire time.
My experience working here has been very positive. Set work schedule and great cultural council activities. Employee benefits are exceptional.
Easy work, great people.
Deli Clerk and Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Sylvania, OHAugust 11, 2015
It's easy work and the coworkers are great. Management is ok. Typical day is stressful. Some customers are not smart. Hardest part of the job is the stress brought on by customers. Mot enjoyable part is it is easy work.
it is a okay place to work
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), 1609 S. Park AveAugust 11, 2015
A typical day at Kroger go there interact with the customers help them in any way with that and dealing wit employee that dont want to do there jobs and have someone else do it for them plus your own work so how would you feel about that
Fun, but can become annoying at times.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Roseville, MIAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Conversations, costumers, pay every week(Thursday).
Cons: A lot of standing.
A typical day included bagging groceries and gathering carts from the parking lot. Management and coworkers were enjoyable to work with. Everyone seemed like a "family". The hardest part is for sure all of the standing. It does take a huge toll on your back if you are not used to being up for so long. The most enjoyable part was nice conversations with the costumers and coworkers.
Very Busy Grocery Store
Bagger/Stocker (Current Employee), Dyersburg, TNAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Get Breaks Often
Cons: Lack of hours
Very faced paced, flexible hours, friendly co-workers. I have gained more experience working with the public. Customer Service is priority.
Dirty and Unfriendly
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee), Flowery Branch, GaAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Employee Discount
Cons: Bad Company
I had a hard time working at Krogers. Most of the areas were dirty, and my co-workers werent the nicest of people. They paid very little and gave even less hours. I averaged about 12 hours per week, and that was DURING the holidays. I was not properly trained in how to do my job and then was looked down upon because I was unable to do my job properly. When raises came around, those few people who actually did get a raise only got about a nickel raise. All together, a very poor company who cares nothing for its workers.
Nice place to work
Conditioner (Former Employee), Stockbridge, GAAugust 10, 2015
Kroger was a pretty good place to work. This particular location was very organized and I enjoyed working here. At times i was not a big fan of the management but besides that, I liked it.
Cashier (Former Employee), Suffolk,VAAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Competitive pay, friendly environment, fair breaks.
Cons: Scheduling shortages
Working for Kroger was a great experience for me because it was my first job. I enjoyed working there and i enjoyed the people i worked with. I just did not enjoy the way management handled my scheduling.
couldnt move up
courtsey clerk (Former Employee), centerville ohioAugust 10, 2015
Pros: good manangers, great benefits, union
Cons: can't move up, low pay
I've worked at Kroger for over a year. I started out in the meat department but due to a lack of training I was forced to move to the front end which cut my future raises and benefits. After being a bagger for three months I began asking about other positions and was told several times that I would be moved to another department but that never happened. My hours got cut more and more as time went by because of corporate and there was nothing I could do about it. I only heard of the benefits but from what i here they are unheard of but they come out of your paycheck and I dont see how anyone makes enough there to afford it.
Awesome work experience
deli clerk/ general clerical assistant (Former Employee), 11727 w olympic blvd, los angeles, ca. 90064August 10, 2015
Loved the working environment, always looked up to going to work. Loved the fact that I was always first in mind to be called in when someone called off. Great team
Fun and Team oriented
CASHIER (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNAugust 10, 2015
Pays great, employees and management all get a long great and are very team oriented and understanding. Very rewarding.
Kroger Don't work there
Meat Clerk, Meat (Current Employee), Bloomington, INdianaAugust 9, 2015
Pros: Clocking out to go home
Cons: Walking in to clock in
Typical day at work involves getting chewed out by corporate Butt holes

Only learned how to watch my back

Management is out to get you

co workers don't like being there

hardest part of job was pulling knives outta back

most enjoyable part was clocking out for work
Developmental opportunities and a great team.
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee), Greensburg, INAugust 9, 2015
Organization that provides a challenging work environment.
A great team.
Opportunities to grow and develop.
Dedicated management team.
At times there feels like there is never enough hours in a day.
Never disappointed that I joined the team.
Cleaning and Kind people to work with.
Sanitation Worker, Cleaning Machinery (Former Employee), Murray, KYAugust 8, 2015
Great place to work, family friendly place. Cleaned for food safety for food. Breaks are fare for the hours you work. Plant has good insurance. I could get along with all the people that work their all the time. Their like a family away from your own family.