The Kroger Company
4,072 reviews

The Kroger Company Employee Reviews

My starter Job
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Madison, MSMay 7, 2015
My first job and it was a great experience. I worked hard everyday simply because that's who I am. Unfortunately I had to quit ahead of my time because I had to begin school in another city.
Productive and fun with young people.
Stocker (Former Employee), Marietta,GaMay 7, 2015
Pros: Walking around, cool
Cons: working by my self from time to time.
A typical day at work involved going into a nice grocery store at 10 at night being one of only about 5 people just stocker the empty freezer isle .
Fun first job
Cashier, Supervisor, Meat Clerk (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAMay 7, 2015
Pros: Long breaks, advancement opportunities
Cons: None
I began working here when I was 16 and enjoyed my tenure at Kroger. I learned the meaning of a honest days work to earn my possessions. I walked away from Kroger with a better understanding of how life works and was able to better feed my work ethic.
Great Company
head Deli Cook (Former Employee), Brandon, Ms.May 7, 2015
Pros: full personal health benefits.
Cons: No benefits for family and only part time work.
I had a great manager. I will say it is very hard work and if you want full time employment Do Not Go To KROGER. I waited for 3 years
and I needed a full time position and could not get one.
Kroger is a great place
Fuel Clerk (Former Employee), Milledgeville, GAMay 7, 2015
Pros: you get to sit down
Cons: gas spills
I ran the fuel station for 1 month and it was too much paperwork and it was fast pace.i wish I would have been in store. The store management team was on top of everything
Fun
Front End Clerk (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIMay 7, 2015
The co-workers were great. I enjoyed my time spent at Kroger because I truly enjoyed helping customers and making sure the store was neat and well represented.
customers are great
Bookkeeper (Former Employee), balch springsMay 7, 2015
This ia a good job as part-time only. The day goes by fast due to all the customers. This job is fast paced and you are required to play many roles,
Store Manager/Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Plymouth, INMay 6, 2015
Decent Place, good benefits, ok hours, Wrong executives. Too many initiatives from top level executives. Makes running a store nearly impossible.
Job for high school students
Deli Service Clerk (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 6, 2015
This job IS NOT FOR ADULTS trying to get established after high school. Instead this job is for high school students. Making 7.35 an hour, I thought life was a joke. The amount of work you do in the deli is ridiculous. And to be making only that amount of money is ridiculous as well. Coworkers were very bossy and lazy. Management was ok. The only thing I can actually say I learned was how to tolerate any BS thrown my way.
Fun workplace
Drug Gm (Former Employee), ATlanta gaMay 6, 2015
I always love to work with people who are a lot of fun and exciting to a company. I love managers that interact with employees like they would a customer,
ehh
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Wixom, MIMay 6, 2015
Re-stocking and pricing produce food and cleaning the work area. I've learned how to give great customer service and complete tasks in a timely fashion. The management wasn't that very good, I didn't work with any of the supervisors that often and treated the employees poorly whenever I did
productive workday.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Pontiac, MIMay 6, 2015
I learned responsibility from this particular work place because it was my first real job. The management was kind of rude and careless but a few did want to make sure everything was in order. The hardest part of this job was dealing with everyone's attitude.
Tough work
Co-Manager (Former Employee), TexasMay 6, 2015
I was salaried and generally put in 60 hours a week on a rotating schedule. All the difficulties of a big box store with the concerns of a restaurant. Not for the lazy.
not a great company
Wine and Spirits Consultant (Former Employee), denver coloradoMay 6, 2015
Pros: a job
Cons: does not pay their employees enough to live on
no advancement low pay and no a great insurance. does not value there hard working employees. union takes your money with out backing their the employees
productive place with little pay
cashier/ bagger (Former Employee), Dawsonville, GAMay 5, 2015
Pros: discount on kroger brand foods
Cons: short breaks
very good company to work for when you hit a supervisor position other then that the pay and hours aren't so great and there aren't benefits unless you get a full time job
Excellent workplace
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMay 5, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: short staffed
A typical day consists of management trying to hurry and leave as soon as I clock in. I've learned that every single person has a unique personality. The hardest part of my job is being understaffed and feeling overworked.
Productive workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), West Point, MsMay 5, 2015
Pros: Customers, Insurance
Cons: Management
I enjoy working at Kroger, The customers are great most of them come in daily. I received a certificate from the home office for having highly satisfied customers. I have learned how the public can be a refreshing part of your day and there are times you have to just grit your teeth and smile. As for the management it needs a little help when you go through managers every 6 weeks. It goes back to the old saying too many chiefs and not enough Indians. I got along with everyone there it's some great personalities in one building with the exception on one or two in management. The most enjoyable part of that job was the customers.
challenging and fun
Retail Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Brandon, MSMay 5, 2015
Pros: good pay and good benefits
Cons: bad management behavior
Loved working for Kroger. I've learned so much from the associate's and the customer's of Kroger. Management needs some improving but otherwise fair. My co-worker's and I were like family and everyday was a different adventure. Hardest part of the job was making sure that customer satisfaction rating was scored at a 95 percentile. The most enjoyable part of the job was the positive interaction with the customers and seeing them return week after week.
It Sucked
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GAMay 5, 2015
Pros: Kroger Discounts, Lots of cool Co-Workers
Cons: Managment sucks, Disrespectful
It was under payed, people forcing you to work like you made 50k a year, like they did. The Management was also very disrespectful.
Nice clean and with a good spirit store
Associate (Former Employee), Herrin, ILMay 5, 2015
Pros: regular schedules
Cons: Not the best pay
I liked it at Kroger. The store(s) were nice and the management were productive. The general culture of the stores are friendly and customer friendly.