The Kroger Company
3,081 reviews

The Kroger Company Employer Reviews

this should be a starter job, Only. or part time
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE/SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), dacula, gaSeptember 1, 2014
working at Kroger is not hard at all, but you are not well compensated for your work. I felt over work for the position I was in, but they didn't want to increase my pay. they want to advance your title, but not the wages.
Good company and nice people
Drug/General Merchandise Department (Former Employee), Arlington, TXSeptember 1, 2014
Typical Day
Morning Shift: I would condition my department's products, break apart the truck load into aisle, then start stocking the product onto the shelves and scan for missing products, .
Mid Shift: I would start stocking the product onto the shelves, and scan for missing products
Evening Shift: I would start stocking the product onto the shelves, – more... and scan for missing products, then condition my department's products

Other Things
Building/Setting up displays, Setting up/Maintaining Seasonal/Promotional Aisle, Inventory, Making/Placing Tags, Working Back-stock, Helping customers/front-end of the store – less
Experienced Cake Decorator (Former Employee), League City, TXSeptember 1, 2014
Would love working for Kroger again, great people and a great experience
Productive and fun work place
Deli Clerk (Current Employee), Bloomfield Hills, MIAugust 30, 2014
I enjoy working for Kroger , my job is really hands on and that's what I like most about it. Kroger is a friendly environment.
Typical Day
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), Clinton, MSAugust 30, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: na
I manage the Front-end operations and provide great customer service skills to employees and customers
Productive place to work
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee), Middletown, KentuckyAugust 29, 2014
Pros: employee discounts, flexible scheduling
Cons: when pay raises are issued
In the front end where I work, it is a good first job. My typical work day is dealing with an array of customers with different requests and demands. I've learned how to deal with difficult customers while working at the customer service desk and how to respond to different scenarios. I've also learned to not take things personal when a customer says – more... something to me that may be rude. The management at my job is outstanding and they make our store run as good as possibly can. My co-workers are great, the majority of us are around the same age so I've made great friends. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the customers here and there that have the bad attitudes about stuff that I can't control. The most enjoyable part of my job is having a customer tell me they were pleased with the service I provided for them and how I made their shopping experience more enjoyable – less
its ok
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Tullahoma, TNAugust 29, 2014
Its ok overall, management is great. Learned a lot in a short amount of time.
Learning A new Skill
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MIAugust 28, 2014
Pros: your pay can very
Cons: some days no break
During training the employees worked as team and has been one of my best experience in the work force. The continual education in gaining new and useful knowledge of sales and how each person sells a little different yet still make there sale shows just about anyone with the ability to learn can get this with proper training and willingness to learn.
great place to work, once you've worked for years
Cashier (Current Employee), Terre Haute, INAugust 28, 2014
Pros: paid vacation
Cons: little hours for little pay
I have only worked here at Kroger for almost a year. I love coming into work and being able to help the customers. Customer service is the first thing any new employee learns. I've worked in a couple other places that customer service was the first thing that was important. Make the customer happy, and they will tell everyone. Our store score, is based – more... on how well we did our job for the customer. If they had a bad experience, then they tell us in a customer survey, then we get a score. I have a lot of friends as co-works. We all do our best to help each other and the customers. What I love about my job, is that it keeps me from my mom who sometimes takes me with her. She works for a general contractor, and that is some hard work. – less
Focused on customer service, and making the visit to Kroger an enjoyable experience
Pharmacy Floater (Former Employee), South Bend, INAugust 28, 2014
Pros: good medical benefits, 401k, rph bonus
Cons: not enough tech help
The Kroger company is very focused on customer service, and has high expectations from all its employees to do their best. The pharmacy is a busy, high level of stress environment and requires staff to think quickly and work with speed and accuracy.
Large company with many advancement opportunities
Delicatessen clerk (Former Employee), Peoria, ILAugust 27, 2014
Pros: employee discounts, awards for customer recognition for exceptional customer service
Cons: low employee staffing during prime time service
Made specialty sandwiches for the deli. Sliced meats and cheeses for customers and served hundreds of people each day. I learned many aspects of running a deli working side by side with several employees. Enjoyed the freedom to use my creativity given to me by management.
Temp-to-permanent position cut short
Stocker (Former Employee), Canton, ILAugust 27, 2014
I was hired temporarily as a stocker until my probation period was to end. But, before that could happen, the permanent position that I was to be moved to was taken by another employee. So I was laid-off instead.
nice work environment
bagger (Former Employee), Fairborn, OHAugust 27, 2014
i learned how to deal with customers, mad customers at that. i learned how to handle situations right away to satisfy the customers. most enjoyable part was interacting with the customers throughout the day an giving my opinion on certain products that they purchased through our store.
great place to work
Backdoor recevier, Stocker, and Cashier (Former Employee), Jackson, MSAugust 27, 2014
great place to work, room to move up A day at Kroger was like day of hard work, but like going on outing with friends and family. Everyone is working together, and being there for each other..
Great Flexability
Cashier/Front Office (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNAugust 27, 2014
I worked front end/cashier, learned a lot, management was good and fair, hardest part was remembering codes, the most enjoyable part was my coworkers.
Productive and fast pace of work. Enjoy working there. Just looking for something different.
Floral Manager/Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Corbin, KYAugust 27, 2014
Pros: 10 percent discount on kroger items purchased.
Cons: sometimes there are unruly customers & nothing with satisfy them.
Working with the public is very exciting. You learn something new everyday. Great team to work with on a day to day basis. Everyone one is friendly and helpful.
GREAT STARTER JOB .
Night Stocker (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 26, 2014
Pros: benfits and weekly pay.
Cons: having to work week ends.
I WAS LOOKING FOR A HIGHER RATE OF PAY AND MORE HOURS ,AND LESS WEEK END WORK. WENT TO TRUCK DRIVING SCHOOL ,AFTER I LEFT KROGER.
the most enjoyable part of the job
CASHIER (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: meeting different people
Cons: short breaks, benefits
Is when its busy and makes your day go by faster. Also meeting new and regular customers
Terrible Company
Fuel Leader (Former Employee), Rome, GAAugust 26, 2014
They do not give you any supplies for your job I had to go out and buy things for my workers because the management was to lazy.
Very productive and fun workplace.
Cashier (Current Employee), Romeo, MIAugust 26, 2014
Depending on the managers, you may love or loathe your average day. Definitely not a job for someone who doesn't enjoy speaking with customers every day.