The Kroger Company
3,400 reviews

The Kroger Company Employer Reviews

A good learning experience with lots of customer contact.
Grocery Clerk, Dept. Head (Former Employee), Westfield, INNovember 19, 2014
Pros: union so benefits and raises, plus employee stock purchase plan
Cons: not enough room in store, poor planning of store in 2006.
Co-workers helpful, only way to get through work load, store not big enough for size of orders sent to frig & freezers for all depts. Only now getting approval to enlarge from Westfield. Hardest part of job, breaking the pallets, stocking product and storing backstock. Increased sales wkly $4000 and enjoyed working w/special diets in Nutrition dept.
good work enviorment
stocker (Former Employee), Saginaw, MINovember 19, 2014
Pros: people i worked with
Cons: didnt get along with management
stock product, recieve trks and ship trucks, receive milk trucks and break down work trucks, assist customers find the products they need and came in for
Good company for a teenager
Clerk (Former Employee), Dundee, MINovember 18, 2014
Pros: good people, good hours
Cons: alot of standing
I worked for Kroger as a summer job when I was 16. I usually bagged groceries and talked with people as I did it. I also helped people take groceries to their cars. Another part of my job was to make sure the bottle return machines were working correctly and to change out the can holding boxes. I loved seeing the people and helping them and there really – more... was no bad or hard part of this job. – less
do not wish to comment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Novi, MINovember 18, 2014
Pros: decent benefits
Cons: changing schedule
hours varied day to day
worked with budgets
ran operations day to day of the store
120-130 employees to work with
Productive work place. Great enviroment to be around
Front End Associate (Current Employee), Murfreesboro, TNNovember 18, 2014
Overall I really enjoyed my job and who I was able to work with. My job really wasn't that hard and my co-workers were great. I really enjoyed being around people my age. I really enjoyed interacting with customers cause I feel like that is a strong characteristic of mine.
Not a good job
Cashier/Customer Service/Stock (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MINovember 18, 2014
Not a very pleasant experience. Loved the people I worked for. Not much room for growth. Management can be a headache. Job was super repetitive. Only got 40 cent raise in 3 years.
They're not too caring of their employee's
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Midlothian, VANovember 18, 2014
I have come across problems with Kroger. It was great in the beginning, then people began to get fired for simple mistakes. It's like they care more about their well beings than their employee's in general.
fun meeting the public and coworkers
Video Clerk (Former Employee), Bay City MiNovember 18, 2014
Pros: paid breaks
Cons: no back up people to take breaks
check new movies in computer, check out movies to customers and return movies in the computer. rotate the new releases from the older ones. Clean the area put up old movies for sale.
Good place to work, and make new friends
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee), Bristol, VANovember 17, 2014
Kroger is a wonderful place to work and make new friends. The co-workers are very friendly and happy people. Management knows what they are doing and takes care in helping with the customers.
kroger
deli (Current Employee), Jackson, TNNovember 17, 2014
nice people but very hectic and unorganized alot, you have some people that want to tell others what to do but not do what needs to be done.
n/a
bagger (Former Employee), Sunbury, OHNovember 16, 2014
I don't have much to say about kroger except i disliked every minute of it.
Confined
Customer service (Former Employee), Brownwood, TXNovember 16, 2014
Even though I liked my job at first it became verry stressful towards the end. I worked in the deli and it was very confined, multiple people in a small space can be very frustrating.
Pizza & Sub Express
Deli Clerk (Current Employee), Hull GANovember 16, 2014
Pros: job culture
Cons: no benefits
I enjoyed working here at this pizza parlor. I learned a lot about small town customers and their expectations. My co workers were helpful and hardworking. The hardest part of my job was to get everything done at night often alone because of us being so small of a business.
how to find joy in orderly fashion
Sanitation Specialist (Former Employee), Layton, UTNovember 15, 2014
was cleaning parts of big mixing bowls that were use to mix for bread,cookies, pies,muffins etc. being sanitary is a desirable thing in the food industry. attention to detail is strictly important. Awesome group of guys to work with that taught me a lot about the job aspect and as well about life in general. Having the opportunity to figure out how – more... things were to be taken apart and put back together. – less
Great company to work for
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Macomb Twp MiNovember 15, 2014
Pros: great company, great pay
Cons: hours are long
Working with a great team of people. Great customer service and speedy cashiers.
Loved the atmoshphere
Bakery Sales Associate (Former Employee), Spring, TXNovember 15, 2014
Pros: sometimes got to leave early if work was done.
Cons: short breaks.
Most days would full of fun an entertainment while work would be done. never a dull moment or un happy customer.
Modern day slavery
warehouseman/management (Former Employee), hutchinson, isNovember 14, 2014
Pros: insurance
Cons: everything else
DO NOT APPLY TO THIS POSITION. be ready to be treated as a number and not a person. Terrible wages, 10+ hour work days. Management is a joke and is about to run that place into the ground. Unsafe work environment. Rampant drug and alcohol issues.
good place to work at
cashier (Former Employee), Spring, TXNovember 14, 2014
learned to work quickly and how to ring up customers items
typical day at work would be to be a cashier
the job was overall easy to do
fun and productive work place
Store Clerk (Former Employee), olive branch,MsNovember 14, 2014
I help customer find things in the store. The co workers were fun to work with.
An actively positive and educational work environment.
Wine steward (Former Employee), Noblesville, INNovember 14, 2014
Pros: health care and employee appreciation days were exemplary.
Cons: lack of store cleanliness and organization was notable.
As the department head for the wine shop I was introduced to sales techniques, seminars and Kroger/Diageo sponsored winery tours in Napa Valley, CA.
The education was broad and extensive not just for wine but beer and spirits knowledge with training in creating seasonal gift baskets and arrangements, food pairings and presentation/service applications – more... for private parties and group functions.
Working with Kroger management and division leaders opened opportunities for advancement and helped me in my pursuit of sommelier certification.
My co-workers were hard working, timely, efficient, knowledgeable and friendly and were often noted by customers to me and other managers.
The hardest part of the job was communicating with vendors/suppliers in that there was limited space for some of their displays and there were often times in-fighting between vendors for competitive floor space. As a result, upper management had to step in and resolve issues.
The most enjoyable aspect of my position was communicating with all the customers not just in my area but throughout the entire store even if they weren't shopping for wine. – less