The Kroger Company Employee Reviews

Productive fun enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee), Upper Arlington, OHAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Lengthy breaks
Cons: Big rushes of customers
Friendly environment with friendly people management was incredibly awesome and just as hardworking as the general staff.
could be better
Co-Manager/MD2 (Current Employee), Savannah, GAAugust 7, 2015
work/life balance sucks and getting passed over for promotions for others with no experience really sucks.

honestly the company has changed and some of the changes are not for the better.
Good place for young people to get money but not career based enviroment.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Covingtion, GaAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule, decent co-workers, medical benifits for part-time
Cons: High stress for the low pay, company expectations are not customer or employee based
My job as a Self-Checkout attendant would start out by cleaning the robots and trying to manage costumers. My position in the store is to steer as many customers to the robots as much as I can to reduce the amount of people standing in checkout lines. I would either check them out myself or teach them how to use the checkout machines. I have learned about diplomacy with both workers and patrons alike, problem solving various grocery store issues and using the technology to better serve our customers. My immediate department manager has always been fair and strait forward with any issues. My store – more... management changes every few years but they all seem they are goal ordinated to what the company wishes. For the most part I enjoy the teamwork and company of my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is the fact that I have to ensure that goals which in this case are number values for both store rating and queuing are met. Reaching goals is not my issue, it is how they are reached. Queuing, or how many people are in a line, forces me to force my customers into self checkout. My most enjoyable part of the job is that the short but wonderful times I can connect to my customers and regulars on a individual bases. I like to see the change I can make, either it be a object of art, environment or a person. It makes it all worth while. – less
Very busy
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Peru, INAugust 7, 2015
Pros: quarterly raises
Cons: some parts of managment
On a regular day we are a busy store and you can not let negative people bring you down because it will make your work day worse.
N/A
Assistant Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 7, 2015
Fast paced job. Job requires goals to met and exceeded daily. Customers made the job very rewarding. Moving up in the company is very easy.
Kroger Review
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Brighton, MIAugust 6, 2015
Typical day involved stocking shelves and organizing stock room.

Management was very organized and fair.

Co-workers functioned independently.

Hardest part of the job is stocking canned good due to there over all weight.

The most enjoyable part of working there was how organized everything was.
no life, not great pay, too top heavy.
Co-Manager (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VirginiaAugust 6, 2015
Pros: experience in management, good people
Cons: almost everything else.
Great experience, horrible job.
No life outside of work.
No matter what you do you will not be appreciated for it.
No budget for labor, so you have to throw the freight WHILE managing the store, and bagging groceries.
Great co-workers though.
Money isn't worth it. when factoring in the hours you spend there you make minimum wage. Maybe.
Too top heavy. Too many "bosses" or "coordinators" who all tell you something different to do. You're going to make someone mad to please someone else.
Job security is good, but if you're not kissing up to someone, or willing to move far, far away, you will never move up.
could rarely get my job done from being pulled to other departments
Floral Manager (Former Employee), Daleville, VAAugust 6, 2015
Pros: meeting so many new people
Cons: no teamwork, would not work with my college schedule at all
Loved meeting/working with the customers, especially during a holiday or homecoming. Hated that they would not work with me on my college schedule.
Fun and fast paced environment
Customer Service Desk (Former Employee), Ottawa, ILAugust 6, 2015
I enjoyed the fast pace work and customer interaction. I moved up fast and advanced quickly. I learned a lot about cash handling and customer service.
Revolving Door
Grocery Night Clerk (Former Employee), Calhoun, GAAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Easily understood job, nice people, good hours
Cons: Pay was awful, management wouldn't work with me.
I worked as a grocery clerk on the night shift, so I basically cleaned the shelves. I wasn't allowed to stock shelves as I went - I was told it'd get the shelf stockers into trouble and "it wasn't my job". Great people on the night shift, all really nice and would talk to anyone. The job itself never ended. The pay was abysmal and my manager never worked with my college schedule - even though I changed my availability on the online schedule months ahead of time. Of course, it could be different now because that store changes employees and managers every month it seems.
Cashier (Former Employee), Jackson, TNAugust 5, 2015
Pros: 1 hour lunch break, employee discount
Cons: None
I enjoyed checking out customers purchases. I enjoyed meeting people and being able to help them when they needed it. I also enjoyed working the self checkout registers. I learned how to operate a cash register, and how to process the different forms of payment. The management teams was fun to work with. The co-workers were very helpful to me when I needed help on something. The hardest part of the job was that there really wasn't anything hard about it. The most enjoyable part was meeting and talking to the customers, working with the co-workers.
High volume and energetic work environment.
Direct Store Delivery (DSD) Specialist (Current Employee), Westerville, OHAugust 5, 2015
A typical work doy for me here is spent mostly on a computer at my desk trouble shooting and ultimately making a bad situation good for our stores. I've learned that making a ton of money isn't as important as working in a job you enjoy. Managemnet is for the most part great I get along with all levels of management very well and all are approachable. The hardest part of my job can be the days where it feels like there is not enough time in the day to get everything resolved, but it always does. The most enjoyable part of my job is my co-workers, I am very lucky to have such a smart, fun loving group of people surrounding me every day.
Lacking
Utility Clerk (Former Employee), DallasAugust 4, 2015
Pros: 10% Discount
Cons: Slackers / Bad Hrs / Short Shifts / No Full Time /
Most of the employees lacked in their duties and I had to pick up after their slack. Management were very kind and responsible.
Big company to work for
Custodian/Bagger (Current Employee), Bloomington, IndianaAugust 4, 2015
My typical day at work. When I first started working at Kroger, I didn't know anything about working at a grocery store. I was first trained as a bagger, then moved on to being trained working as a custodian. So, I multi-task doing both these jobs most of my work day.
Kroger is a very organized business and has a great team of management.
Cashier (Former Employee), Versailles, KYAugust 4, 2015
Kroger is located in Versailles, KY. It has great management and inviting/skilled staff. Everybody works together to get the job done, make sure the customer is satisfied, and keeps customers coming back.
overall great company
Administrative Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee), Savannah, GAAugust 4, 2015
I loved this company no real issues or concerns and they seem to treat most if not all there employee's ok and most of the other staff was also great with each other
Cashier
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee), OhioAugust 4, 2015
worked as a cashier and a bagger. Kroger set me up in high school with awesome people skills. being in the union was nice also.
Good work environment
Stocker (Former Employee), Somerset, KYAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Discount, co-workers
Cons: pay, unorganized
I enjoyed my job, liked working in the back.
We had a good team, learned how to work independently but also as a team.
I liked being able to make my own decisions.
Great people skills and communicaton
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee), Jackson, MSAugust 3, 2015
It may seem hard to most people but i enjoy working hard. I organized on a daily, my coworkers were always looking forward to me coming in because they new i would get the job done. The hardest experience was not having a single position, we were required to work every position in our department.
Good work environment
Loss Prevention Specialist (Former Employee), Lexington, KYAugust 3, 2015
The environment is great. The job allows a person to build experience to advance your own career. Loss prevention allows a person to advance their career in security.