The Kroger Company
2,955 reviews

The Kroger Company Employer Reviews

I am definitely an asset to any company that hires me
Lead Seafood Clerk (Former Employee), South Bend, INJuly 31, 2014
Pros: not afraid of a hard days work
Cons: really, none. i am old school. just want to work
Begin day with setting Seafood Case, ordering product, filling frozen seafood, inventory, assisting in meat dept. (wrapping, filling meat and chicken case) and any thing else that needed to be done...I am a team player. I will help out with anything that needs to be done...Am not afraid to work...Lifted 40lb. chicken boxes and also would break down – more... truck for product ordered – less
i was a good work place, nice inverment
Cashier (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJuly 31, 2014
It's a good place to work I enjoyed working for there company
Decent place to work
cashier (Former Employee), Belpre, OHJuly 31, 2014
Pros: friendly coworkers
Cons: too few hours and no benefits
I liked this job but wasn't happy that I couldn't make enough hours to support my family and had no chance of becoming full time which I was promised.
A very busy never boring work place
Associate in Meat department (Current Employee), Corinth, MSJuly 30, 2014
if your not cutting meat your wrapping and labeling, or your filling the bunker with chickens, filling the case up with beef or pork products, working frozen, traying up frozen product to be weighed, weighing up hams, and more, then at the end of the day the closer takes apart saws soaks dishes cutting table and tenderizer, use a water hose to clean – more... the floor and continue t assist guest and put out needed product – less
Wonderful Experience
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 30, 2014
Great staff, very organized, strong culture, structured staff, and benefits.
Very productive
Stock, Bagger, Customer Service (Former Employee), North clintonJuly 30, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: discount on grociers
didnt really care for the company just really negative environment most of my Co-workers were pretty decent people and honestly i really didnt learn anything from that job
Great Insurance benefits
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Conyers, GAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: great insurance benefits, advancement opportunities
Cons: scheduling, occasional lack of communication
Everyday is a challenge.. It affords you the opportunity to meet and engage with customers. It teaches you diversity and patience. When you work in a high volume company you have to work with a conglomerate of personalities I truly enjoy helping the Associates with their work related or personal issues. Great companies can sometimes have misplaced employees.
daily task
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 30, 2014
on a daily basis I make sure that my team is alert and providing quality service as a customer service rep I help manage the floor making sure things go smoothly and making sure that customers are happy. I also handle money services such as money orders, western union & till drops and balances.
Customer service is essential to success
Cashier/ Customer Service (Current Employee), Flowery Branch, GAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: helping people
Cons: short breaks/long hours, schedule is not set, only part time
There will typically be more workers than customers early in the morning which can make the days seem slow and long. I learned that really the only thing customers look for is to be attentive and caring about them. Managers can be tough and coworkers can be less hard-working, but it is worth it is you are a people person and love taking care of people. – more... The hardest part of the job is having someone who is rude and thankless as a customer. The most enjoyable part is when the customer is so thankful because they had a bad day or it made their day better. – less
Lack of hours
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 29, 2014
Lack of hours and pay could be way much better. Its a great part time job though.
OK
Cashier (Former Employee), Flowermound, TXJuly 29, 2014
Took orders and alot of others stuff. Was a ok job, pretty boring at times but nice. I learned how to use the cash register. Co workers where chill we all vibe . Hardest part was memorizing codes but the most enjoyable was racing to reach goals.
productivity pays
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 28, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: lots of overtime
good benefits
discounts
retirement
job security diminished
friendly and busy working environment
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Marshall, TXJuly 28, 2014
Pros: 10% employee discount, earning tips for taking out groceries
Cons: short breaks
- A typical day would consist of, bagging, rounding up shopping carts from the parking lot, putting items back on the shelf, cleaning up bathrooms and spills, and carrying and placing groceries into customer's cars.
-I learned some of the fundamental rules about how a grocery store operates.
-The manager of my department is definitely not the best manager, – more... however the assistant managers and the managers of the other departments do a pretty good job.
-I enjoyed working with my co-workers
-The hardest part of my job was having to deal with the weather.
-The best part about my job was the friendly customers. – less
Good place with room to move up
Cashier/Bagger (Former Employee), Connersville, INJuly 28, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: they pay
Good vibe great people. Will teach you along the way. Understanding management that will help you. Nothing really hard to do.
many programs in place at once, difficult to get good people to stay
Administrative Manager/Co-Manager (Current Employee), Sterling,ILJuly 28, 2014
Pros: challenging
Cons: work/life balance
Everyone pushed to get many things done with little help, low pay for associates, union environment, turnover, very high expectation. Management working most weekends and holidays. 50+ hours a week. Very little work/life balance.
Co-workers are friendly and helpful to customers and to their peers.
Most enjoyable part is the clerical work and working – more... with the associates and customers.
The hardest part is seeing associates hours getting cut and work expectations continue to grow with little or no help. – less
watch out for your first 30 days
Bagger (Former Employee), Noblesville, INJuly 27, 2014
fast pace and hard work. you can get fired for anything inn the first 30 days. management is half and half. co-workers can be friendly
It was ok
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Union City, GAJuly 27, 2014
Although i informed management the i would be leaving soon for personal purposes before they had hired me. They still hired me well aware of my position and after i left the city i had been living in where the kroger was located. i asked to be transferred and that didn't happen...
kroger
Registered Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Spring, TXJuly 26, 2014
i was a floater for the most part but when i settled into a permenant store...many of my co workers were'nt as welcoming and it made work very uncomfortable.
Not a lot of training, but once you get the hang of it its actually pretty enjoyable.
Meat/Seafood Clerk (Former Employee), Noblesville, INJuly 25, 2014
Pros: easy, consistent, and sociable.
Cons: management is somewhat annoying.
Same 9 people every week at different times in the meat department.
Great, upbeat work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Lebanon, TNJuly 25, 2014
Pros: multiple breaks
Cons: frequent changes in management
I enjoyed my position with Kroger due to the awesome people that I would meet as they would be leaving the store! I really enjoyed being able to make all of my customers leave with a smile on their faces!