The Kroger Company
3,573 reviews

The Kroger Company Employer Reviews

Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 10, 2015
Kroger was a very fun and exciting place to work at. The customer service is amazing. The managers are fair and cooperative. The co-workers are dedicated to helping the customers meet there needs and very helpful throughout the store.
Kroger
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 10, 2015
Its an alright place to work, some favoritism. Hardest part was getting carts when its SUPER cold!
Terrible job
Guest Care Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Flowood, MSJanuary 10, 2015
Horrible Management there was no means of advancement at this job. The managers were unconcerned about the well being of the employees. I would not recommend working here for anyone that would want to pursue a job in customer service. The Kroger company would not be happy with the way the employers treated
A Great Place To Start
Courtesy Clerk/Bagger/ Barista (Former Employee), WVJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: great enviorment, self-efficent mangement & staff
Never holding a previous job, working at Kroger gave me the oppurtunity to learn the ropes of the retail industry, as well as learning invaluable job training skills. Every day was a different experience, but always had a positive outcome. Managers & team members worked great together creating a positive enviorment.
It was okay.
DELI CLERK (Former Employee), Pearland tx.January 9, 2015
It was a good opportunity, where i got to work with other team members. We work together in getting our work done by the end of our shift. We made sure we gave the best customer service.
Friendly people
Night Cashier (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 9, 2015
It is a friendly place, but they just don't pay enough. Did love my managers, but they cut hours and pay was only 7.40 and I can live off of that.
Productive fun work enviroment
Cashier/ Cake decorator (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: associate discounts, good health care benfits
Cons: short breaks, no notice to potiential full time postitions
The work enviroment is fun but doesnt allow for individuals to excel to high postitions in a timely manner. Management team is very prompt on resloving issues with customers and employees.
Kroger is a great way to start a career
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GAJanuary 8, 2015
Typical day at Kroger consists of helping customers and customer satisfaction

the hardest part of the job were lot duties and setting up the store for the next work day

most enjoyable parts of the job were meeting new people everyday and making them laugh or smile
na
Customer Service (Former Employee), Pickerington, OHJanuary 8, 2015
I would go to work every day knowing what to expect, and what to do. I enjoyed the environment and task that were at hand. I was paid a reasonable amount and got along great with my co workers.
It is a fun and productive workplace with good people.
Fuel Attendant/Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee), Canton, GAJanuary 8, 2015
A typical day at work for me is I'll clock in at the store, grab the keys (if I am morning shift), and head down to the fuel kiosk. I'll unlock the door, turn on the lights, open the safe to count my till, and verify it. Once it's been verified, I put it in the register, sign in, and start on my daily shift checklist. This includes counting cigarettes and cleaning my pumps. Once I have completed this checklist, I switch tills with the person taking over for me, and go to clock out. The part I enjoy most is interacting with customers and my coworkers.
Great family to work for and very positive environment
Co Manager (Former Employee), Shelby Township, MIJanuary 8, 2015
Busy schedule that always kept you on your toes

Changing from day to day, defiantly not a boring position

Worked with the Kroger team and if eventually felt like a family

Great be benefits and possibility for great pay
mmy experience working at kroger
Deli Clerk/ Customer Service (Former Employee), friendswood, texasJanuary 8, 2015
The Kroger I had recently worked at is family oriented. I am a single parent and my children's sole provider. When it came down to any unexpected surprises with either or them, no questions where ever asked. I enjoyed all parts of the management team they did not quid pro quo persay.
N/A
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Cumming, GAJanuary 8, 2015
Fun place to work but pay is hard. Benefits are fantastic after longevity.
productive place, management wasnt far, had nice employes
Cashier (Former Employee), Crestwood, KYJanuary 8, 2015
Cons: short breaks
I learned how to check and learned how to work at a fast pace, I greeted customers nicely and with a smile
Kroger courtesy to Front End Supervisor and Customer Care
Supervisor / Customer Care Clerk / Cashier (Former Employee), Olive Branch, MSJanuary 8, 2015
Great job, worked here for many years and learned what it was life to have a job and responsibilities at a very young age.
-----
Pharmacy Technician/Clerk (Former Employee), Starkville, MSJanuary 7, 2015
great place to work for busy place but great place to work for,
great place besides schedule problems
cashier (Former Employee), Lewisburg, WVJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: plenty of breaks, great atmosphere, friendly people
Cons: very uncertain schedule method
I loved my job at Kroger. I loved the work environment and the people there, the customers and other employees. There was very little stress put on you to be the best employee, just to do your best while you were there. i felt like people really cared for me when i worked there. i could really see those people as my "work family".
the only downside to working at Kroger was that when you started out new people could steal your days/shifts on the work schedule if they wanted more and leave you with nothing. there were many weeks when i didn't work at all because people kept stealing my days.
great place besides schedule problems
cashier (Former Employee), Lewisburg, WVJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: plenty of breaks, great atmosphere, friendly people
Cons: very uncertain schedule method
Not a bad place to work.
Liquor Clerk (Current Employee), Morgantown, WVJanuary 7, 2015
I enjoy my job, but many of my coworkers don't enjoy theirs. Management lacks standards when it comes to store cleanliness and being involved. Pay is below average.
Great First Job
Cashier (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: employee discount on groceries, and nice environment
Cons: not enough pay
Kroger was my very first job. It was a good work environment, and helped my to learn a lot of customer service skills. I also got to meet and make a lot of connections with people in the area. I enjoyed working at Kroger, however because of obligations and college, I needed to find a job making more than minimum wage.

The Kroger Company Photos