The Kroger Company
4,275 reviews

The Kroger Company Employee Reviews

team player
Front End Cashier, Grocery (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJune 12, 2015
I learned my cashier skills. and primary job duties from organizing shelves to sweeping. the hardest part about the job is going outside and try to get the carts. the most enjoyable part of the job is the customers and getting to know them they always seem to make me smile.
worst place
Bakery/deli clerk (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 12, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: if you call out they will tell you no
never work at the kroger on old national WORST place to work poor management skills nobody on the same page. then the customers come with there attitudes and want everything free.
Could have been better..
Deli Clerk and Cook (Former Employee), Duluth, GAJune 12, 2015
Pros: Free 15 minute break
Cons: Low pay
This job was by far my least favorite job. My boss did not care about anyone but herself and would throw anyone under the buss to save herself from blame. She was hardly around and almost always in a bad mood.

My coworkers were nice although some made me uncomfortable at times. The work ethic was horrible at Kroger so I ended up picking up a lot of slack from my coworkers so we did not get yelled at.

A typical day of work went like this:
1. Clean the slicers and slice the meat and cheese for the sandwich bar
2. Help make salads and Grab-And-Go items
3. Help the cook start food
4. Do dishes throughout the day as needed
5. Help customers with orders of meat and cheese and sandwiches
6. Keep the hot bar filled and serve from it as needed
7. Help with special orders from customers
8. (occasionally) cook food for the whole store or find a use for food that will expire soon to sell it to customers
9. Clean the deli as needed as well as overhaul clean it at night
only worked there for 2 months
Bagger/Cart Pusher/Maintenance (Former Employee), Springfield, OHJune 11, 2015
Pros: opportunities for minors
Cons: over worked
i did not like the people i worked with and the baggers are used to do work that they don't want to hire another employee for.
Fun got to meet different people everyday
Meat Clerk (Former Employee), Ferndale, MIJune 11, 2015
Pros: paid weekly
A very good company to work for a lot of room for growth meet a lot of different people a lot of different departments to work in
Great company
Front End/Bagger (Former Employee), Lawrenceburg, INJune 11, 2015
Pros: breaks, benefits
Cons: short breaks
Pay is low for the job. People friendly love working with public and company overall cares. worked there for 3 years just be different if had been able to move up through company and not have to worry about hours getting cut.
Great First time Job
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GAJune 11, 2015
This job was a good experience for me. It was the first real job I ever had. It taught me that working in a fast pace environment wasn't that bad. It actually helped my day go by quicker. Working with industrial meat slicers taught me standard safety guidelines. The only downside of my job as a deli clerk were the sometime demanding nature of customers.
Fun place to work
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), springhill, tnJune 11, 2015
Pros: alot of work hours available
Cons: Going to school took toll on body
Processed and Stocked items in isles for morning crew to assure that customers had a selection of food items in dairy, frozen and dry goods.
Management is very hectic and I can't live on the hours they schedule me
Cashier/Front End (Current Employee), Huber Heights, OHJune 11, 2015
Pros: the employees are great people to work with makes the day go faster
Cons: short breaks and getting almost no hours
Front End Management seems always confused about who will work what and you don't get many hours but they call when you're not scheduled sometimes to get more hours but they only give you a ten min window to call them back instead of putting those hours on your schedule they are always hiring and the people that already work there don't get the hours they need to even live day to day
Great place with nice flexibility
Supervisor/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Frankfort, KYJune 11, 2015
During my years with this company I have been in multiple departments, but my number one goal in each is to provide the best experience for my customers. I have learned how to better someone's day with just simple actions to try and make their experiences better. I have enjoyed working with this company and being able to work my way through school. The flexibility has been one of the best parts of working here.
Fun work environment.
3rd shift Grocery (Current Employee), Bridgeport, SaginawJune 11, 2015
They keep you busy, and you will make at least one friend. The bosses are very understanding and nice people to work with.
Stocker
Stocker/Forklift (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 11, 2015
Cons: Worked in a freezer
Pack and unload items to be stocked on shelves or for orders to be fill on trucks. Pull orders on a pallet, build the order, and load on to trucks.
Cashier
Cashier and Sales Associate (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJune 10, 2015
I would go in and sign on to the register and ring up the customers orders and make sure that they found what they wanted. I like all of my co-workers and I enjoy working and dealing with the customers.
When Kroger was under different management, I looked forward to going to work.
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILJune 10, 2015
Pros: Good inexpensive insurance, paid vacation
Cons: you had to work 18 months to get just the medical, and 5 yrs for family or dental. working a lot of weekends, and holidays
The most important job, I had was make the customers happy. I would help them find items, listen to complaints, make sure the cashiers and the utility clerks were doing their job to the best of their ability. The hardest part of the job, was when the new management, kept changing my job description, day to day. I love relating to people, and I got to do that and meet some really nice people everyday. I have always been a multitasker, and this job reinforced that skill.
in Texas it felt like a family...
Cashier GM Clerk (Former Employee), N Richland Hills, TXJune 10, 2015
Pros: nice looking uniforms supplied., clean store
Cons: at Frys...no cummincation, terrible benifits, hard unsafe working conditions
I transfered from a Kroger store in N. Richland Hills, Texas to a Frys MarketPlace in Surprise, Arizona.
It was a smooth transfer, everyone at the Frys store was so friendly.
the store manager Bill was Awesome, he made all his employees feel needed and appreciated, I missed him when he transfered out of state. The Company seemed to go through several changes, or lots of manager transfers. The store I worked in was no longer the happiest place to work, reduced hours, no communication...The new Manager of the store treated the employees like we where not of any value...
She had several weekly meeting upstairs with food for the department managers.It was harder to come into work some people left the company, people started to get write ups for silly reasons...the store changed.
I believe Texas was and still is like a family. The Kroger name is a proud name in Texas, I miss it.
It was a good place to work before I started going back to school, It went down hill from there.
Cashier and Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lexington, KYJune 10, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: No benefits until you've been there for 2 years
A typical day at work was in the nicest way, complete chaos. The Management at my store was completely clueless about everything, they didn't know how to operate any of the registers, self checkout, front desk or even the gas station. The people I worked with always had an attitude and would cuss at each other in front of customers and never think anything of it. By far one of the worst jobs I've ever had. The only good part was being able to make some of the customers smile after they've had a rough experience with other employees.
satisfying when your having hard times.
Night crew grocery clerk (Former Employee), Dearborn MIJune 10, 2015
The workplace was full of people who had good intentions and were good at heart. However on your typical day, you could expect a massive workload coupled with high tension from the previous workers ending their shifts.
The work enviroment is okay.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Jackson, TNJune 9, 2015
The managers aren't really in tune with their workers like it should be. Co-workers were amazing though. The work days were some days stressful but some were great as well. Normal job.
Good workplace.
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Marion, OHJune 9, 2015
A team-oriented job with flexible hours, and management that is prepared to teach. Friendly coworkers with eager attitudes.
Enjoyable stocking the shelves.
Night Stocker (Former Employee), Tomball, TXJune 9, 2015
My manager was very down to earth but still kept us busy at all times from replenishing, unloading the merchandise and stocking and also facing as well.

The Kroger Company Salaries

$7.65 per hour

The Kroger Company Photos

Merry Christmas
kroger
Hello! How are you today?