The Kroger Company
4,088 reviews

The Kroger Company Employee Reviews

Kroger is a great place
Fuel Clerk (Former Employee), Milledgeville, GAMay 7, 2015
Pros: you get to sit down
Cons: gas spills
I ran the fuel station for 1 month and it was too much paperwork and it was fast pace.i wish I would have been in store. The store management team was on top of everything
Fun
Front End Clerk (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIMay 7, 2015
The co-workers were great. I enjoyed my time spent at Kroger because I truly enjoyed helping customers and making sure the store was neat and well represented.
customers are great
Bookkeeper (Former Employee), balch springsMay 7, 2015
This ia a good job as part-time only. The day goes by fast due to all the customers. This job is fast paced and you are required to play many roles,
Store Manager/Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Plymouth, INMay 6, 2015
Decent Place, good benefits, ok hours, Wrong executives. Too many initiatives from top level executives. Makes running a store nearly impossible.
Job for high school students
Deli Service Clerk (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 6, 2015
This job IS NOT FOR ADULTS trying to get established after high school. Instead this job is for high school students. Making 7.35 an hour, I thought life was a joke. The amount of work you do in the deli is ridiculous. And to be making only that amount of money is ridiculous as well. Coworkers were very bossy and lazy. Management was ok. The only thing I can actually say I learned was how to tolerate any BS thrown my way.
Fun workplace
Drug Gm (Former Employee), ATlanta gaMay 6, 2015
I always love to work with people who are a lot of fun and exciting to a company. I love managers that interact with employees like they would a customer,
ehh
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Wixom, MIMay 6, 2015
Re-stocking and pricing produce food and cleaning the work area. I've learned how to give great customer service and complete tasks in a timely fashion. The management wasn't that very good, I didn't work with any of the supervisors that often and treated the employees poorly whenever I did
productive workday.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Pontiac, MIMay 6, 2015
I learned responsibility from this particular work place because it was my first real job. The management was kind of rude and careless but a few did want to make sure everything was in order. The hardest part of this job was dealing with everyone's attitude.
Tough work
Co-Manager (Former Employee), TexasMay 6, 2015
I was salaried and generally put in 60 hours a week on a rotating schedule. All the difficulties of a big box store with the concerns of a restaurant. Not for the lazy.
not a great company
Wine and Spirits Consultant (Former Employee), denver coloradoMay 6, 2015
Pros: a job
Cons: does not pay their employees enough to live on
no advancement low pay and no a great insurance. does not value there hard working employees. union takes your money with out backing their the employees
productive place with little pay
cashier/ bagger (Former Employee), Dawsonville, GAMay 5, 2015
Pros: discount on kroger brand foods
Cons: short breaks
very good company to work for when you hit a supervisor position other then that the pay and hours aren't so great and there aren't benefits unless you get a full time job
Excellent workplace
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMay 5, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: short staffed
A typical day consists of management trying to hurry and leave as soon as I clock in. I've learned that every single person has a unique personality. The hardest part of my job is being understaffed and feeling overworked.
Productive workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), West Point, MsMay 5, 2015
Pros: Customers, Insurance
Cons: Management
I enjoy working at Kroger, The customers are great most of them come in daily. I received a certificate from the home office for having highly satisfied customers. I have learned how the public can be a refreshing part of your day and there are times you have to just grit your teeth and smile. As for the management it needs a little help when you go through managers every 6 weeks. It goes back to the old saying too many chiefs and not enough Indians. I got along with everyone there it's some great personalities in one building with the exception on one or two in management. The most enjoyable part of that job was the customers.
challenging and fun
Retail Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Brandon, MSMay 5, 2015
Pros: good pay and good benefits
Cons: bad management behavior
Loved working for Kroger. I've learned so much from the associate's and the customer's of Kroger. Management needs some improving but otherwise fair. My co-worker's and I were like family and everyday was a different adventure. Hardest part of the job was making sure that customer satisfaction rating was scored at a 95 percentile. The most enjoyable part of the job was the positive interaction with the customers and seeing them return week after week.
It Sucked
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GAMay 5, 2015
Pros: Kroger Discounts, Lots of cool Co-Workers
Cons: Managment sucks, Disrespectful
It was under payed, people forcing you to work like you made 50k a year, like they did. The Management was also very disrespectful.
Nice clean and with a good spirit store
Associate (Former Employee), Herrin, ILMay 5, 2015
Pros: regular schedules
Cons: Not the best pay
I liked it at Kroger. The store(s) were nice and the management were productive. The general culture of the stores are friendly and customer friendly.
Kroger -Frontend
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GAMay 5, 2015
Kroger is a wonderful company to work for, especially when you work with a great collection of managers and coworkers. If you find yourself lucky to have found such, stick with them. They are very willing to work with you and help you advance in the company. Just show them what you are worth and they will help you grow.
Description of my previous employer
Front End Customer Service (Former Employee), South Atlanta RegionMay 4, 2015
Pros: Benefits for part time and pay was real good
Cons: Management always showed favoritism
I loved the Customers and the job. The Management well it didn't matter what you know but who you know. Very political working company. The benefits were what kept me going. Pay was good too.
Good and productive
Expanded curtesy clerk (Former Employee), Canton, GAMay 4, 2015
The people and management that you work with are nice and understanding. Also the hours are pretty good too. The work is not that hard either.
Friendly Associates, Horrible Advancement
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Paris, TXMay 4, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Wages
When I 1st applied for this job it seemed like a new start for me after everything that went wrong for me a year before. I was told their were great benefits, Friendly Associates and chances for advancement. I started out as a Carry-out and it was a nice start but a few months in I really started to notice what was happening.

Quite a few associates have been working with the company for almost 5 years and they were still carry-outs and still making minimum wage. 1 girl wasn't allowed to be a cashier because her manager just didn't like her. I felt iffy about this job and if i'd ever advance up but eventually I became a cashier and I've had experience in it a few years prior and it was my main argument for me to be moved up. Then a month later they hire another carry-out who seemed like a normal kid. He did his job well but never overachieved. But a month later they bump him up to cashier. I was a little surprised because it took me 6 months and I had experience while he didn't, but I tried not to make a big deal of it but 4 months later they move him up to floor supervisor and I was quite ticked. He had no experience and this was his 1st job and never showed any signs he wanted this job but they gave the position to him anyway. Quite a few of us were ticked off by this but we knew we could do nothing about it so we just let it go along.

Frankly the job is good and great people to work with but the pay/hours/advancement Need to be worked on because they literally can't keep carryouts/cashiers for a few months.