The Kroger Company
3,211 reviews

The Kroger Company Employer Reviews

working with custtomers
Team Leader - Department (Former Employee), East Lansing, MIOctober 6, 2014
Pros: working with customers
assist customers cashing them
how to run a self check out system
Drunk people would come in and cause problems
I overall enjoyed this job
Productive Place to Work
Grocery Stock Clerk (Current Employee), Troy, MIOctober 5, 2014
I have worked on and off at Kroger for about 7 years and it has been merely satisfactory.
Busy workplace
Cashier/Lead Clerk (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALOctober 4, 2014
Pros: there was always some kind of event that was done for a good cause, such as march of dimes.
Cons: work to be complete in short periods time.
Had some customers that really cared about the kroger employees. Very busy job, but could still have a little fun in between work hours.
Excellent work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 3, 2014
Working at Kroger was great,my co-wokers are easy to work with my managers were understanding in most situation. The hardest part about the job is making the customer happy. The most enjoyable part of the job is putting a smile on the customer's face. the only thing i didn't agree with is scheduling.
Friendly people to work with.
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 3, 2014
A typical was ranging up customers items they purchase. My co-workers was very helpful. the hardest part was when the had a good sale and so many people came in for the sale. That was also the enjoyable part of my job.
typical day at kroger
Cashier (Current Employee), ypsilanti mi 48198October 3, 2014
Wonderful coworkers that are very helpful and encouraging. The management team members are very friendly but can be rude at times. The hardest part of my job is dealing with rude customers.
Low pay
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Warren, MIOctober 3, 2014
Pros: union secures your job at the 90 days probation
Cons: low pay, short breaks and lunches, no benefits for 2 years
I've worked for Kroger for almost 5 years and I hate it. They pay you pretty much nothing and the hours they give you makes it hard to have a family life.
Stocked shelves
Stocker (Former Employee), OhioOctober 3, 2014
Received food products and restocked or organized shelves with food products.
great people, great management , good hours
Cashier (Former Employee), Madison, MSOctober 2, 2014
Pros: free ice
My days at work consist of smiles and politeness. I learned different approaches to the needs of others. Management was very helpful. My co-workers and I got along very well quickly. The hardest part of my job was an unsatisfied customer,if there was one. I mostly enjoyed the smiles of satisfaction on my customers' faces when they leave the store.
First job
Cashier (Former Employee), Parkersburg, WVOctober 2, 2014
I worked here during my senior year. I didn't have much work experience so I took whatever job called me back. I absolutely loved it at first then a couple weeks later it turned into drama, lazy management. They worked me until 4:00-11:00 pm on school days which never gave me anytime to do my homework. Also some of the older employees acted immature – more... and started drama. – less
A great place to work with part time benefits
Deli Clerk, Deli Cook, Baker, Cake Decorating (Former Employee), Hot Springs, AROctober 2, 2014
Pros: part time benefits
Cons: that is was a part time job
A typical day at Kroger would be determined by our weekly schedule. If my supervisor needed me to be the cook, or bake, make party trays, or work inventory to the floor, or make the weekly orders that is what I did. I learned that I could always learn and do more. The management was great, they did the best for you. I had great co-workers. The hardest – more... part of the job was making sure that I got all my work done before I went home, but it did get done. The most enjoyable part of my job was taking care of the customer. Making sure that their needs where always meet. – less
loved this job
Cashier customer service (Current Employee), Hilliard, OHOctober 2, 2014
Pros: staff
Cons: money
I had no cons about working for Kroger, that is a true cmpany, and i loved working them them.
The medical benifits was execlent.
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Peoria, ILOctober 2, 2014
The job was fun for the most part, I loved all of the customers.
Professional and friendly environment!
Deli Clerk (Current Employee), Stone Mountain, GAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: oppurtunity for growth, very friendly and professional environment.
Cons: can sometimes be hectic when the department is busy.
Working as a deli/bakery clerk, you have the chance to meet new people everyday. Kroger is a professional and productive workplace and allows the employees the opportunity of growth within the company. Management and the other employees are always very sociable and professional. There's never really a dull moment working with the public. It can hectic – more... when the department is short-staffed but other than that everything is always good! – less
good place to work
Stock Person (Former Employee), Tullahoma, TNOctober 1, 2014
The manager were great, co-worker were fun and easy to make friends with. I learned that working hard is appreciated.
Great for teens
Cashier/Courtesy Clerk/ Fuel Attendant (Former Employee), Cumming, GAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: healthcare, great co-works
Cons: shorts breaks
Its a really good place to work for teenagers. Management is sometimes their for you when you need to talk about problems but some of them are just not approachable. Sometimes your replacements not their on time
productive
Customer Service/Office Helper (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHOctober 1, 2014
Pros: i get to see my regular customers and get paid weekly
Cons: the checks are never right and underpaid
I enjoy working at Kroger. I feel as though Im very underpaid and the extra money I put out in union dues isnt worth it. I just recieved a raise but dont see any of it on my check. My hours are constantly wrong. I have to wait until the following week until I can get my page/ Whick in turn is taxed again so i really dont see it. I like the people and – more... what I do. I just dont make enough to stay afloat. – less
clean
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 1, 2014
a very good job. pay is good and you leanr a lot from coworkers
Horrible Place to work
Cashier (Current Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 1, 2014
Pros: decent insurance for very little work
Cons: horrible managers and work enviorment
This company does not live up to its reputation nor its promises. They neither give you the opportunity to advance but also actively try to keep you from advancing.

They do not care about their employees and only seek to use them and then throw them away. Lazy is the name of the game at Kroger. If you have any work ethic; you will be one of the few – more... working and the one getting yelled at despite having done your job and others.

Regardless of how hard you work you will gain nothing. – less
Fast pace, stable and opportunities for growth.
Corporate Industrial Engineer (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHSeptember 30, 2014
Wonderful company to work for if you know the right people. The growth potential is huge due to the fact Kroger has over 2400 retail stores and 40 manufacturing plants.