The Kroger Company
3,911 reviews

The Kroger Company United States Employee Reviews

Very busy
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Opelika, ALApril 1, 2015
Laid back and enjoyed work place I learned a lot working there. There wasn't any hard part about the job. The enjoyable part about the job is helping people and being social-able.
Up beat but stressful at times
courtesy clerk (Former Employee), Scott Depot, WVApril 1, 2015
I worked for Kroger for more than a year and miss my job everyday! If you're looking for a fast pace low paying job, this is the place for you!
A fine place to work, but difficult to make a living.
Meat Clerk (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Discount on groceries
Cons: Difficult to make a living
I learned to take initiative, as the department managers worked morning shifts. I often had to make a judgement call, and quickly became somewhat of a supervisor to the more recent hirees.
Review of Kroger Employment
Cashier/Third Key Management (Former Employee), La Porte, INMarch 31, 2015
One of the best work and learning experiences I"ve ever had. The management and traing seminars were ideal and very thourough. I would take this job again in a second.
Fuel Clerk
Fuel Clerk (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 31, 2015
Pros: working alone in a box
Cons: working alone in a box
Fun meeting new people. Best part of the day is meeting someone I have never meet before. The worst part of working was working alone in a box.
Kroger
Grocery Team Member (Former Employee), Troy, MOMarch 30, 2015
Pros: up beat work life
Cons: hard work days
I didn't work at Kroger very long because I was pregnant and they didn't work with me so I could stay there until my pregnancy was over. they had me in grocery where I was lifting heavy boxes everyday. overall I didn't like working there
There were many aspects of this job that could have been improved
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 30, 2015
Pros: I learned a new inventory system
Cons: The management and union reps were difficult to deal with.
Kroger Company was different from the jobs I had before, I did learn a new inventory system, I learned how to manage large groups of people at one time. Overall it was a learning experience.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Medical Insurance was provieded
Cons: short breaks
The thing I liked most was greeting customers and being able to pick up groceries if needed after my shift was over. Customers complained about groceries being outdated.
Okay workplace
Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee), Columbus, OhMarch 30, 2015
Pros: welcoming environment
Cons: no incentives
I love what I do and enjoy putting a smile on customers faces. I enjoy working with my co workers we are one small family. The hardest part of my job is not being able to help pay for a prescription that a customer really needs but cant afford it.
A fast paced place to work
Seafood Manager (Current Employee), Opelika, ALMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Health care
Cons: Management
Busy, busy, busy. I learned a little from Kroger. Management changes quite frequently at Kroger. My co-workers are great! The hardest part of my job was Being told how to do something by people who have no idea what they are doing. The best part of my day was seeing my customers smile.
Good
Front End Supervisor/Customer Service (Former Employee), Columbus, MSMarch 30, 2015
Fun place to work, they usually work with your schedule. Depending on who you work for the management is pretty good. They sometimes pick favorites but other than that good place to work.
It's a job
Cashier (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 29, 2015
My typical day at work have to be seeing the customers everyday. I've learned to be more patient with people. My co-workers are just my co-workers. There is no hard part of my job. The most enjoyable part of the job. Would have to be seeing some of the regular customers. Management could be a lot better than what they are.
I did not enjoy my time there
Bagger/Customer Service (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 28, 2015
Pros: It was big, Fast pace
Cons: Seniority
I worked there for a brief time, and only because the supervisors kept letting the employees who had been there longer use seniority over the newcomers. So basically I was barely working. So with one child at the time (now two), I couldn't afford that.
Fun workplace where you meet a lot of cool people
Front Clerk (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 28, 2015
A typical day consist of talking to customers and helping them with any problem they may be facing. Also you might be outside making sure the parking lot is clean of debris
good benifits, pension, vacation pay
Meat Cutter (Former Employee), Hendersonville, TNMarch 28, 2015
Pros: good work hours
Cons: work every holiday
you can advance quickly if you desire and have aptitude. You work every holiday. They have a pension plan and health benefits and vacation pay.
Low pay and even lower hours
Courtesy Associate (Former Employee), Northville, MichiganMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Paid every week
Cons: Very low hours
I was a grocery stacker which was very simple to do. Every now and then they would switch me to frozen. Management and co workers were easy to get along with and all were willing to help. But the hours were horrible and at the time I worked there minimum wage was $7. The highest of hours I got a week was 24 and the usual 8 to 12 a week. I got paid every week which was the only good thing but I did not expect much.
Good first job for highschool or college
Produce Clerk (Current Employee), Salem, VAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: 10% off Kroger items, take breaks when convenient for you and your department (excluding front-end)
Cons: non-consistent scheduling, Lack of communication between managers to workers.
Overall the business teaches an abundance of skills ranging from customer service on the front to learning the skills to cooking a crispy chicken. Being a produce clerk I have seen the importance of "Freshness" around the whole department to from cleanliness to having freshly cut lettuce. Best times are midday to around 6pm, thats when the typical rushes start (from retirement homes for senior day to people getting off of work to grab dinner for their children). Later on it gets slower and you focus more on cleaning.
good place to work
Cashier/Service Desk Associate (Current Employee), Tupelo, MSMarch 27, 2015
I believe its a great place to work, but I would like to be with my family more in the afternoons. I understand working in retail it is that way. I just feel that because I have two kids I should not be the one to work the midnight shifts.
Challenging work place with numerous opportunities to advance
Associate store manager (Current Employee), MIMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Developing others
Cons: long hours holidays and weekends
Walk store, put out "fires" direct work force
pull reports, share reports, communicate with supervisors
HR work, more store walks greet customers,
help customers, help employees, learn new skills
Hardest part is to not have time in the day to finish all your desired tasks. Most enjoyable part is to see your employees grow and get promoted
FUN
Produce Clerk (Current Employee), Erlanger, KYMarch 27, 2015
Pros: SOMETIMES FREE LUNCH
Cons: 15 BREAK TIME FOR 2
SOMETIMES I HAVE GOOD DAY AND SOMETIMES I DO NOT HAVE GOOD DAY AT WORK SOMETIMES THE WORKING DAYS MAKE FROM OUR CUSTOMERS.

The Kroger Company Salaries