The Lane Construction Corporation Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Pay
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 24, 2017
Pay is good if you can get hours. You don't work alot of time because of the weather. That is the big downfall. It takes alot just to get advancement in the company.
Productive workplace with a strong safety culture and good people
US SR (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 7, 2017
The company has a strong safety culture and a deep caring for its people. Lane does the best they can to make sure all workers are happy and enjoying their work.
Pros
Good people
No work/life balance. Unfair pay for salaried workers. X
Project Estimator (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MAJuly 13, 2017
Expect to work no less than 50 to 60 hours per week and if you're on salary the page does not equal out fairly. They do offer excellent benefits and a great starting package as far as company vehicle and paid vacation time but watch out, I was told I would have three weeks of paid vacation after two years of working. Well when the time came for me to take time off, they told me I only have one week paid vacation and then I can only take a certain time of the year. They work their estimators of like slaves and they are a dime a dozen. It's a good working environment if you're ready to commit your entire life to the job expect to have no time to yourself. If you're ready to just work and not be able enjoy life out of work then this is a great job to have, but if you're looking for a nice a work/ social life balance I cannot say I recommend this place. It's a good job but they work you like a slave and you pretty much will live there until they decide to relocate you to New York or Vermont out of the blue
Pros
Goodbenefits, average starting pay, company vehicle
Cons
Salary workers can expect to work 60 hours per week every week and so I'm only get paid once a month, or once every two weeks at the least
okay
Construction Laborer (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 10, 2017
Good job with nice pay and plenty of overtime.
the staff is nice, and they are good at what they do.
The boss's are good to work for will help you out when needed
Fascinating World of Construction
Writer, Editor (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTJune 15, 2017
I felt fortunate to learn about the fascinating world of construction, the incredible importance of safety in the field and the many hardworking, wonderful people of Lane.
Good Company terrible pay
Human Resource Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 6, 2017
I was a regional manager and I was the lowest paid even though I had the biggest area. The regional leadership was great but the some of the corporate leadership lacked in their equality practices.
Quiet
Intern (Summer) (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 1, 2017
Steady work flow and great compensation, but frankly it was a little dull. In the section I was in, every person was in their own office, and there was very little social interaction unless a deadline was approaching.
Great place to work with opportunities to grow and make a good carrier of it.
Piledriver (Former Employee) –  Goldenrod, FLJune 1, 2017
It's a great place to work. You have paid holidays. You work plenty of hours and they always have work weather it's driving pile or helping carpenters. Management is good they have fireman's who will go o er the job with you and teach you new things. I'd say the hardest part about it is the humidity. Other then that it's repetitive and. You work with great ppl who work side by side with you and work as a team including your foreman.
Great company, great opportunities
worker guy (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MAMay 10, 2017
I learned a ton while working here, and was given a lot of opportunities to advance and learn. The work life balance was not there, which in the end is why I am not working there any more. But there was a lot of fun and hard work and I would recommend to anyone to work there.
Pros
good people, great opportunities
Cons
work life balance
Construction Laborer
Construction Laborer (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaMay 9, 2017
A construction laborer typical day is meeting at the shop at 6 am, then going to the site. Typically, we will get our equipment ready for the day and it is normally very hot. I enjoy most about my job is the people I work with. I have great conversations with my co-workers.

Want to know more about The Lane Construction Corporation?

Ask a question
Very productive and enjoyable company to work for
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTApril 18, 2017
Typical day at work started with a brief safety meeting and overall assignment for the day, with the Lane Corporation I learned how to properly and safely operate different pieces of machinery, with this being said the management team was very hands on and open to hear about safety and production suggestions, they really want to see their employees succeed. Although very diverse the workplace culture was very welcoming and enjoyable, there really wasn't anything hard about the job except maybethe unexpected machine malfunctions at times when trying to meet timely requirements. The best thing about this job was having the privelege of working with the best group of people I have ever met and great management team.
Pros
Pay and benefit package, geat work enviroment
Cons
no cons really
Don't ever work for this company
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Marryville tenn.March 30, 2017
Cut throat company the Superintendent are very unhappy and ungrateful and take there anger out on hard working employees and don't know how to manage daily operations of the job they were hired to do
Pros
They don't care
Cons
No breaks
Its a job
Quality Control Technician III (Current Employee) –  Westfield, MAMarch 17, 2017
Its a job, with little advancement, the hours can be long but generally about 10.The compensation didn't come until the 3rd year, It's now a corporate culture, so it's starting to get much worse of a work environment. You're a number not a person anymore.
Best Job Ever help
SUMMER INTERN (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 28, 2017
This place was the one that gave me a chance to succeed. I started working with this company when I after my first year in college and nothing but good things. They gave me real life deadlines and task. Knowing I had little to no experience in the field they still gave me work to do and this made me ask questions. Which eventually pushed me to be better.
operator
GRADER OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEFebruary 27, 2017
good place to work....just be well aware from April until November you will be working a lot of hours away from home. good management i the Bangor area.
Lane is a great place.
ASPHALT LUTE LABORER/OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 27, 2017
Lane is a great place to work with some great people. You work long hours during the summer, but they honestly try and take care of you there. They try and look out for your best interest at Lane.
Pros
Great Money, Great pace to learn a lot and move forward
Working at Lane Construction was an amazing experience!
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTNovember 23, 2016
Working at Lane Construction was an amazing experience!
The workplace environment was nothing but productive and enjoyable! Management was always clear and precise in what they expected from you. My co-workers were always pleasant and ready to help train the "newbie". Teamwork was not only preached but practiced by all members of the department.
Overall Great Company
Carpenter/ Construction Worker (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 5, 2016
I enjoy working for this company, they are always teaching and giving opportunity for growth. It is contract work with ability to move locations, but i am family man and prefer to be near family.
Professional
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 1, 2016
Overall positive experience. Learned how to build bridges. The two in Vermont were 600 feet long and 130 feet above grade at the center. Very "employee" oriented company.
Fun job. Liked working with the equipment and people.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Lorena, TXOctober 11, 2016
I enjoyed working for lane construction. Learned alot about laying asphalt and the process of laying asphalt. Good company to work for.
Company needs sick leave (paid)and better vacation
Pros
Learned several job duties.
Cons
Job ended and has to find anothwr job or move out of toen.