The Lane Construction Corporation Employee Review

View all The Lane Construction Corporation reviews

Think Twice,.....
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  485 CharlotteOctober 12, 2013
Serious issues with getting my pay right. Shorted me out of OT all the time. This could be a great job, however micro managing and shorting employees on their pay makes for rapid employee turnover. Nice people, but I can't eat nice. They have cranes that shouldn't even be on a job. They wanted me to put my CCO's on the line to run the most rundown cranes I've ever seen still in operation. Totally UN-Certifiable. Then on top of that, shorted me on my pay. When you got there in the morning, you had no clue when you might get off. I've heard other jobs were run much better. Superintendent seems to be stuck in the 70's. Slave driver mentality.
Pros
there are no pros
Cons
short checks, must be willing to give up any sign of a personal life.

Other The Lane Construction Corporation Employee Reviews

Extremely fast-paced
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLDecember 11, 2017
I loved the work I did for and with Lane, hated the job though - which is probably different now since they were bought by a larger firm with a bigger check book, if you know what I mean.

In all seriousness though, I think I was just unlucky enough to work a project from start to finish with this company through the housing crisis having caught up with the infrastructure market in 2012; the project was a loser form the beginning, under-staffed, under-supplied, and under-estimated. We were also the red head step child way outside of the market we normally served in Florida; all of these things culminated in a severe lack of work/life balance, fluidity of support staff, and overall stress that was almost unmanageable.

Almost, though, only because the people I worked with were nothing short of amazing; even when we were yelling at each other. And the level of responsibility that was subsequently dumped in my freshly graduated from college lap allowed me to shine once I overcame a lot of mess-ups at the beginning; there was and probably still is a steep learning curve for any newly starting engineers here - whats going to make it worth it for you is to become best-friends with your line of managerial engineers above you. If you can't do that, you cannot survive this company.

Mind you, all of this is Florida specific for Lane, not anywhere else within the company.
Pros
Time-Off, Sick-leave, Health Insurance.
Cons
Work/Life balance, Slow Promotions, Slow Raises.
Not a good company to work for
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 30, 2017
Unexperienced superintendants . Safety regulations not followed by upper management .they rush you to finish then cut your hours when they dont need you anymore. Would not recommend this company and discrimination if your not white ...
Pros
Good equipment and hard working coworkers
Cons
Upper management