The Lang School is a progressive K-8 school for twice exceptional (2e) learners. We have an immediate opening for a committed, certified special education teacher to teach a 4th/5th grade bridge class of six students.
2e learners present significant challenges requiring myriad strategies for reaching and connecting with them and for maximizing their opportunities for academic, social/emotional, and behavioral success.
Lang School Faculty Requirements: It is essential that educators working with the 2e population have experience with such learners, and an ongoing interest in professional growth and collaboration, and in ensuring that exceptional children excel. Lang School educators collaborate on all aspects of student education and development. Specific requirements include:
- NYS teacher certification or a valid credential from another state;
- Certification must include NYS "Teaching Children with Disabilities," or the certification process to add Special Education must be solidly underway;
- Significant experience with exceptional children -- at-risk, special needs, gifted, 2e, or etc;
- Marked knowledge of and interest in 2e learners and 2e education; and
- Solid multi-sensory lesson planning and classroom management skills are a must.
- All communications, including applications and inquiries, are via email only. No phone calls and no faxes.
- Interested applicants must submit, via email, a cover letter specific to The Lang School. The letter must address experiences with exceptional populations.
- The full letter must appear within the text of the email.
- An updated, professional resume must be attached, with teaching credential(s) clearly indicated.
- The subject line should contain the applicant's last name and the position sought.
For more information about The Lang School, please visit our website.
Lang School salaries are competitive with the DoE's pay scale.
The Lang School * is a progressive, independent K-8 school for high potential and gifted children with ADHD, dyslexia, Asperger's Syndrome,...