The laSalle Network Employee Reviews

wont ever work throught them again!
Outbound Representative (Former Employee) –  gurnee, ILFebruary 19, 2014
I worked for Lasalle Network on a four month contract. My recruiter called me everyday up until the point I was hired on by the company. about three days after I was hired she called once every blue moon to "hear my opinion" about the job. (other words to see if I wanted to quit or not) once my contract was over I called my recruiter about a bonus that was PROMISED to me at the beginning of my contract. Well lets just say it was just another bs trick to get me to take the job. I didn't get the bonus that I was promised so I took it as a loss. a few months later I called back to check on any job openings. the receptionist noticed id worked through them before so I got the "ex boyfriend/girlfriend treatment". she told me "ill pass your information along and if anybody likes you they'll call you". I wont EVER work through them ever again.
Pros
found job in 1 week
Cons
only care about the credit they get for finding jobs, regardless if the job is awful
Worst Recruiting Firm Ever!
Recruitee (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 26, 2014
I am not sure how these people stay in business, but the generally negative reviews you read online are closer to the truth. This place is little more than a resume storage facility. They post fake job ads to get resumes submitted. Most of the staff I met there was nice, but were completely ill-informed or grossly ignorant about the fields for which they were recruiting.

I was also uncomfortable with their selection process when it comes to whom gets selected for placement. If you get past that, then your next problem will be where you get placed. It was almost as if nothing I said really mattered.

Overall a very bad experience.
Pros
staff was nice
Cons
everything else
Very eduactional environment with great people to work with
CUSTOMER SERVICE Representative (Former Employee) –  Naperville, IlJuly 18, 2013
Working via Lasalle my last assignment was Techincal support. After about two work of training and five months of hard work I became the 7th top support person in a call center of around 150 employees.
My average percent of resolution was 97%. We had a great managment team and as a call center everyone seemed to always be ready and willing to help. There where challeges many during the hoilday season when call volume and other issues for customers inceased by over 50% of our regular work load. Working together we always meet the goals that where set for us as well as individually.
N/a
Default Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILApril 4, 2013
A typical day contains of using a dialer to call students with defaulted loans. I learned that there are more defaulted student loan debt than this is outstanding credit card debt in this country and this will affect your credit report for the rest of you life. Student loans are never forgiven.
The hardest part of the job was just getting a correct phone number, so many wrong numbers out there, which makes it very hard to meet a quota every month as you have no control of the dialer, plus many people never end up making their rehab payments.
This is a temporary position and not one that I would like to pursue full time.
Pros
n/a
Cons
all evening hours
Great Agency to work with!
Customer Service Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILSeptember 5, 2013
I was giving an opportunity to work with Fanactics, which one of the leading online retailer of officially licensed sports merchandise and provides the ultimate shopping experience to sports fans. The work environment is great. The office is open with nice views of the out doors. The free starbucks coffee in the morning was a plus. Fanatics staff were not the friendliest. A lot of the staff are very moody and snobby with bad attitudes. Daily work was fairly easy but the system errors caused by old computers made the task a bit difficult. Other than the Fanatics was okay company to work for.
Does not focus on job seekers
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook, ILFebruary 18, 2013
This recruiting agency emphasizes quantity of candidates, not quality. They will NOT look at a candidate's strengths or interests, and simply throw an individual in any open position they may have. The LaSalle Network survives by quickly pushing individuals into open positions and moving onto the next ones. It is not recommended for those with four-year degrees or any kind of preference where they would like to work.
Pros
quick response time
Cons
ignores individuals' background, experience, education, and job preference
Very stressful atmosphere.
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJune 24, 2015
Cold calls to prospective students.
Guide students through application process.
Advise students into the official start date.
Management is overworked and has little time for employees
Calling individuals who are not interested in attending schools but filled out forms online.
Pros
Pay is reasonable, $19.00/Hr.
Cons
Telemarketing calls, training does not completely prepare you for all of the duites, stressful atmosphere, DOA's push registering students. Agency was not honest about the position.
stay away from Lasalle really awful staffing firm
admin assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 18, 2013
I was contacted by Lasalle to do a temp to hire position that was not easily accessible. After 1 day on the assignment Lasalle decided to replace me with another temp! I was told the assignment was done on my way home and caught off guard by the remarks the recruiter said. Do yourself a favor and stay away from Lasalle, they need a course in communication and Equal Opportunity laws!!!!
Cons
nasty recruiters who don't know what they are doing or lie to you in order to fill an open position
Productive company with opportunities to advance
Americash Loans, Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, IL.June 16, 2014
A typical workday for me would be answering phones, sending faxes or emails and helping out my fellow co-workers with any assistance they may need. What I learned is how to process loans online. Some of my co-workers were friendly and a lot of them, I felt treated the newcomers unfair.The job was really easy once you got the hang of it.
Pros
internet, television
Educational
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove , ILMarch 10, 2014
Overall working for this company was a great experienced. They taught me new things this was actually my first call center job. They taught me the ins and outs to making a customer happy. The hardest part of the job was learning to remember to clock in and out on the phone. My most enjoyable moments about the job was after training was complete and my first day on the phone.
I think Lasalle is a Good Company
Client (Former Employee) –  Chicago ILFebruary 4, 2015
Lasalle is a good company because the have friendly recruiters and nice staff. I personally like the staffing company because they were able to provide me with a variety of different jobs. however I feel the companies they partner you with are not always the perfect fit.
Pros
great staff, decent pay and good health care
Cons
short breaks
Quick assignment placement
Investor Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 1, 2015
After I filled out an application and interviewed, I was placed on an assignment within less than a week. I've been on that assignment now for the three years. Unfortunately, the company is relocating but I will be using them as a resource in the future.
Pros
Quick job placement
Cons
Unorganized
I worked three jobs through LaSalle
Adm Asst,Reception,CS,Faculty Records (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, IL areaOctober 15, 2012
I really enjoyed all three positions. Each was a little different so I was able to pick up some new skills. I would definitely work through them again. The hardest part was when the jobs came to an end.
Pros
working; i felt they had my back
Cons
the ending of each position
A fun place to work
Administrative Assistant- Kaplan University (Current Employee) –  chicago ILFebruary 22, 2015
There are Hard working people that love what they do here. I have had support from several of the managers. They all want to see you succeed. The work is diverse and interesting.
Pros
a great team to work with.
Cons
a wait period is needed before benefits kick in.
Great resource for job placement
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILOctober 8, 2015
The project managers at The LaSalle Network is a fantastic career resource that will do everything they can to find a position for you that is a great fit.
Pros
always willing to work with you
Cons
no guarantee of conversion to permanent employment
lasalle network needs serious improvement
Loan officer (Former Employee) –  SchaumburgNovember 24, 2012
the recruiters I've spoke with seemed unprofessional, I wouldn't be surprised if GED were their only education. Definite room for improvement, the job itself was a waste of time, found much better luck with other temp services.
Techical Support
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 20, 2014
I would have to immediately come in and get to my phone. Quality assurance is big there. Basically my days was filled with setting up appointments and advising customer on how to use there devices.
Pros
love helping customer
Cons
short lunch
Top notch staffing agency
Customer Support Account Manager (Former Employee) –  ChicagoDecember 23, 2013
Help me get into one of the best CPG companies in Chicago with barely any experience. Was hired by the cpg company within a month.
Pros
great connections with the best companies.
Cons
pay was standard for temp agency.
Staffing Agency
Human Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 20, 2016
LaSalle is a staffing company and employment was for a short time period. Pleasant management, placed me in a temporary position quickly.
Pros
Excellent at matching skills set to a current openings
Cons
Benefits are lacking
Productive work place
Customer Service/ Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJanuary 19, 2016
Generally face paced work environment. Placed a minimum of 65 calls daily as required. The best part about the job was to provide excellent customer service experience.