The Learning Center Employee Reviews

teach ASL

to students
Friendly assistant
Administered Assistant Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 17, 2016
Work closely with the manager of the daycare. My duties consist of making appointments and help preparing daily reports for the manager.
A stepping stone.
TUTOR AND RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Huron, OHJanuary 4, 2016
It was amazing working there. The people I worked with were amazing and I loved every minute of it. I hope that my next experiences equal that.
Daycare/ Preschool
Im the director (Current Employee) –  Baton Reouge, LASeptember 25, 2015
My typical day would be managing employees, and classrooms. Communicating with parents and the Department of educations. Accidents happening with the children are the hardest part of my day. I enjoy working with kids, and making sure they are happy.
Pros
Good relationships with the kids
Cons
Leaving the children
Wonderful environment and staff
Development and Clinical Director (Current Employee) –  MissoulaAugust 5, 2015
This is an extremely unique place to work. The model for providing mind-body healing services for recovery of trauma is truly cutting edge and of benefit to the clients who access services. Staff are treated with respect and dignity and I highly recommend this work place.
Learning Center for both the student and tutor
STUDENT TUTOR (Current Employee) –  Brockport, NYJuly 20, 2015
I loved this job. While working with students and helping them develop a working grasp of feminism and the intersections - I was able to broaden my own horizon by learning the stories of others and their lived experience being different from mine, gave me a new lens and perspective to work with.
\
Pros
Flexible schedule, delightful and dedicated co-workers
Cons
Not enough hours
Great Place to work with children.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Hazlehurst, GAJuly 1, 2015
Working with under privileged kids have opened eyes to a whole new meaning of love. Our team was always on one accord. The hardest but most enjoyable part of the job was reassuring the kids that we were here to help.
you will grow attached to the kids!
Pre School Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 16, 2015
Have been there many years & I am attached to all the kids. overall nice environment. During the summer, there are more extra-curricular activities & the kids have a lot of fun. Our team is like a family.
Productive and Fun workplace
Teacher (Current Employee) –  camp hill PAJune 9, 2015
TLC is very fast paced and it requires a lot of patience to take care of all the kids we are responsible to care for and teach. in the infant room, where i am a teacher i am responsible to care for 4 infants. most times are chaotic in the room, but we learn to get into routines according to each infant's schedule. the hardest part is keeping yourself calm because the more frustrated you get, the more the infants feel which only makes the issue at hand more difficult. My co workers are fantastic! we help each other constantly and are empathetic towards each others feelings and emotions without judgement.
Pros
laid back environment
Cons
no benefits included for anyone.
No longer in business
Preschool/Day Camp Teacher (Former Employee) –  Benton, ARMay 28, 2015
This was a great place to work. The business was bought out by Childcare Network and the location is now under new management.
The Learning Center cultivated growth for young children
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dover, DeApril 24, 2015
Working at the Learning Center in Dover De, taught me patience, and how to work well with others. I assisted in teaching the preschoolers from ages 2-4. Typically, we had free time in the morning for the children. Then completed a short activity and lesson to teach them a new concept. Lunch and nap time would follow. After nap time, we would try to play teaching games, such as listing off letters of the alphabet and having the children come up with words that begin with that letter. It was very enjoyable helping the children learn and seeing them progress mentally throughout my experience at the Learning Center. The hardest part of the job was when a child had a hard time learning. That really challenged me and I took it upon myself to try a different approach to help the child learn.
Education Development
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 12, 2015
Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their children's progress and needs, determine their priorities for their children, and suggest ways that they can promote learning and development.
Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental and social development, such as games, arts and crafts, music, storytelling, and field trips.
Observe and evaluate children's performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long Breaks
HORRIBLE wouldn't recommend
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 11, 2015
This place is a JOKE! The owners are horrible people to work for and ONLY care about themselves and getting people's money. The turnover is extremely hire meaning every couple of weeks or month your child will have a new teacher. They run all the employees away as well as the parents. They are always out of ratio and moving kids around because of it. Most of the time in the after noon the director has a baby with her in the office because of the ratios being over. They are steady taking infants in when there is honestly NO room for them and not enough staff for coverage. Oh and they will send your child home for anything. Dont waste your time enrolling your child. Tuition is extremely hire and isn't even worth it
Pros
The kids there are wonderful that's about it
Horrible place to work!
Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 9, 2015
The owners are horrible! The "daycare" has a huge employee turn over.. They treat their employees like prisoners. Don't even waste your time filling out the application.
Pros
Weekly pay
Na
Student/Staff Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 26, 2015
I have learned certain specifics about Veterans and their GI Bills. Along with Vocational Training and WIA Training, i would love a career on the other side of it. The counselor side.
The co-workers were the best!
Mentor/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Austintow, OhioMarch 25, 2015
As a teacher's aide, I was able to work with some wonderful women and some wonderful children. I enjoyed my time spent here the only issue I had was when we had a lot of children in one room. Anyone can tell you that a room full of toddlers can be difficult at times but I like to think that the staff did a great job interacting with the children and keeping them engaged in a variety of activities.
Learning Center
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 11, 2015
This company is not organized, for a family owned business that is supposed to be in business for 30 years you would think it would be better. Owner is not personable and is disrespectful to employees.
Great Non profit
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Woodland Park, COFebruary 17, 2015
The Learning Center is an amazing place to work, with extremely supportive management and other teachers.The management always backs up the teachers and are there to help when teachers need it
working with clents with special nees, teaching them to live on a daily bases
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDFebruary 9, 2015
Through the Learning Center was a contracted employee to work at Fox Hallow Elementary School, one on one aide to assist a 10 year old with Cerebral Palsy in general hygiene, dressing, feeding, and other daily activity
•Completed Medicaid Billing weekly
•Helped children of all ages with developmental disorders achieve, set and work on a daily goals in classroom settings, home settings, and community settings.
•trained to handle different situations with the children which could
include: Seizures, Cerebral Palsy, Down syndrome, and ect.
•Good working relationship with clients
•Secluding appointments
awesome place to work
Associate Teacher (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHFebruary 6, 2015
great people, families, atmosphere and overall place to be! love it! my son is happy, i am happy and enjoy the time i spend here.
Pros
great people!
Cons
nothing i can think of

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Learning Center. Our community is ready to answer.