The Learning Center

The Learning Center Employer Reviews

A place to put your creativity to work.
Master Teacher (Current Employee), Nichols Hills, OKOctober 21, 2014
Pros: paid vacations
Cons: short breaks, healthcare
Everyday at The Learning Center is productive and exciting. Teaching children and watching them develop is the most rewarding thing in this field. We have a diverse community filled with creative, energetic people. The hardest part of the job is letting your children go and move up to a new class. The most rewarding part of the job is knowing you are the stepping stone to a brighter life.
A fun place to work
Pre-Kindergarten Teacher (Former Employee), Bryant ARAugust 14, 2014
Pros: working with childrean
Cons: the company did not advance people or their saliers much.
Opening the building for the day, setting up each classroom an all the activities for the day, preparing snacks and beverages, driving kid's to and from daycare to their schools, making sure vans were clean at all times.
I learned a lot in management and working with children, driving a small day care van.
The hardest part of the job was leaving my kid's.
The best part of the job was all that I learned, the great staff and kids.
School Age Teacher
School Age Teacher (Former Employee), Bryant, ArJuly 27, 2014
I had to make sure that my group of kids were taken care of. I also was in charge of transportation getting kids from school.
got to enjoy the outside and not be stuck inside all day
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAJune 7, 2014
Pros: get see children grow
Cons: the pay
My shift begin at 3:00pm this was my second job. My job entitle me to get the students off the bus and assist them with homework If they needed help. I also did arts and crafts with them and made sure they got their outside time in. I then stared closing down rooms if numbers got low because of students leaving. After everyone was gone I checked each room made sure if was cleaned and cleared and shut down the building with another teacher. The whole staff was great to work with.
Fun working enviornment and with great morals as far as education
School Age Assistant Teacher (Current Employee), Milford, DEApril 4, 2014
The Learning Center is a great place for children to attend and for people to work. The employees get along well and the administration is flexible with you and takes the education of the children seriously.
I love children so this job was a great.
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee), Harrison, NJJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: very fun
Cons: lots of responsibility
I enjoyed my job here, managment and my co workers were great. I enjoed spending time with all the children and at times becoming a child with them.
fun place to work while in school
Child Care Giver (Former Employee), Elysburg, PAAugust 28, 2013
Pros: good team work
Cons: low pay
provided care for infants and toddlers, very enjoyable, staff were always friendly and open to suggestions. Good team work
Daycare Workplace
Childcare Provider (Former Employee), Fayetteville, TNJuly 30, 2013
A typical was providing the children with educational needs the children needed to start gammer school.
This place made me laugh!
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 19, 2013
Pros: pay is ok, raise every year and free lunch (some days), teachers are great and hard working.
Cons: managers gossip and are disrespectful and high turn, difficult to advance
Starting off I would like to say. I loved working in my classroom and my children were awesome, of course you know you have one or two that will have behavior issues but that is expected in any child care center you work at. But this job made me laugh on many occasions and not in a good way. Managers are the main issue within these centers. The managers the owner puts in these positions become to controlling because most of them get hired within the company and once they became managers they start to treat employees like s***. I had a manager which once was a teacher that also trained me and was a person I actually looked up to there. She was the only one I looked up to there and I had her put her fingers in my face and she disrespected me on so many levels all because she lied and was talking about other managers and staff members and didn't want to own up to it. So instead she treated me like s***. What makes me laugh is they still expect you to respect them at the end of the day after they treat you like s***. The owner of these centers is only out for money and she will continue to let the worst children stay enrolled there to get their money. When I say worst, I mean children that would physically hit the teachers and hurt other children around them for attention. I had one child that would throw Bucket of Toys, chairs, books. Anything he could get his hands on. He would randomly get up climb cots and tables forcing you to get up from circle time or any teaching time to stop him. This would happen about 23 times a day ( I counted). Image this in your classroom 23 times – more... or more a day. If you would buzz the office no one would come. They expected you to control it on your own even if he was hurting me or the children. Management also have a problem gossiping with employees but try to tell their employees not to gossip. My mama always said practice what you preach. You can be the best employee in the building but if you miss a day or two because your sick, you then become unreliable and your job is at stake. They make promises they can't keep. I was promised a Management position and never got it, even when there was 3 openings...yes i said 3! I admit I had a few call outs but all employees from each center plus some managers said I should of got moved up and was one of the hardest workers there and could have made a big difference in the center because everyone looked up to me and respected me. They came to me before a manager and I was only a teacher. I knew it was sad when managers started to come to me. So I left because I was not able to advance here even when promised. What I loved most about my job here was my kids and I cried everyday up to my last day. The kids is why I do what I do. I just couldn't take enough of the stress of no help from management when needed, the disrespect from mangers, and not being able to advance when I knew they knew I deserved it. Also they have a high turn over so expect to work a lot of Overtime. I never minded the overtime myself until I found out they didn't pay time in a half for OT! This made me very upset. I noticed it really when I started my new job (as a manager :-) ) I worked OT and noticed a big difference. And I was making the same as I did their minus 5 cent. I'm only 3rd key manger and still a teacher as well so I didn't mind that I didn't make more. I do make more now though. They do give raises but they play favorites. I was lucky to be one of those but not a favorite enough to move up. Anyways just watch your back if you decide to work here. Don't get involved with gossiping and being friends with managers because they will turn on you. Control your controllable's which is staying in your classroom doing your job and go home. Don't expect to advance if you have your director's. I personally would not come back here even if they bought me on as a manager. To much stress. I would recommend you search hard before you think about coming here. – less
Tutor
Tutor/Educator (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAJune 25, 2013
I tutored kids from junior high, high school, and college students.
fun work place
Daycare Volunteer (Former Employee), Chocowinity, NCJune 3, 2013
i enjoyed working and teaching the children. everyone was so nice there we were like a family. the hardest part is see the children as little babies and then seeing them way good bye on the first day of school.
Early Childhood Care Provider
Lead teacher - floater -all ages (Former Employee), Manchester, CTMay 25, 2013
Pros: team teaching, terrific parents, great kids, center director was a fantastic role model, continuing education classes/meetings
Cons: low pay, inner center drama, unappreciated, often had to buy own supplies for the classroom
I was a child care provider here for 2.5 yrs in various classrooms. Was able to work in every age group as a float and received lots of experience on how to properly lesson plan, perform assessments and dph statutes.
Small Class
Daycare Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), Katy, TXMay 1, 2013
Pros: health and medical insurance
Cons: cut the hours
Class sizes are very small. It's very relaxing.
School always cuts teachers working hours.
Love working with the kids!!!
Infant/Toddler Teacher (Former Employee), Jefferson City, MOApril 21, 2013
Nice laid back place. Loved working with the kids. Co-workers were great and the most enjoyable part of my day was seeing the kids smile.
Fun place to work but few benefits offered.
Pre-K Teacher (Former Employee), Azle, TXApril 17, 2013
Pros: good management, fun work environment
Cons: low pay, no medical or retirement benefits
My typical day was about from about 10-6 M-F. I taught pre-k children. I worked on the curriculum and taught children ages 4-5. I liked teaching the children and planning activities.
teacher for a 2 year old kids
Teacher (Current Employee), fayettville tnMarch 30, 2013
we would get breakfast ready let them eat. we would clean up and change diapers or take to the bathroom come back do activity and go outside. come in get ready for lunch and then nap time.the hardest part of my job was dealing with the co workers and i love the kids at my job..
great place to work
Childcare Provider (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 14, 2013
I loved working for this company. A typical day was cleaning the facilities without supervision.
Excellent
Receptionist/ Front office (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 26, 2012
Pros: open door policy
Excellent and caring company. Open door policy and great Mangers.
Warm working environment
Teachers Assistant (Current Employee), Mesquite, TXNovember 27, 2012
Pros: vacation and holidays
Cons: the salary for teachers assistants is low.
Management ensures that the working environment is safe and productive. The staff is in a o-operative working environment where employees work together to accomplish a common goal of helping to prepare the students for the world outside of school.

The hardest part of the job is not making enough money.

The most enjoyable part of the job is making a difference in the life of the students and showing them that even though they make wrong choices they can still be successful.
Safe and friendly work envoironment
Manager Of Stockroom (Former Employee), Harvey, ILOctober 31, 2012
A typical day at work is full of joy, hard work, and fulfillment