The Learning Experience

The Learning Experience Employee Reviews

Not great. Its difficult to work in a center where children are not first.
teacher (Former Employee), sterling hts.June 26, 2015
Pros: as a staff member other employees are good and share their miserys.
Cons: over ratio is a problem in all aspects.
Great students, caring parents.
Sadly, the administration is strictly a business model based on earnings. Classrooms are often over ration and children are moved to other classrooms constantly to meet state guidelines. Therefore children s best interest is NEVER a factor in decisions. Potential here with different owner/management. It's to bad-state licensing has been here several times, most recently addressing ratio and no changes have been made.
Most staff is professional and friendly. Hardly any have more than a CDA and some staff are actually harmful to student.s
OK workplace
Assistant/Aid (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJune 24, 2015
Good workplace for a daycare, management was very unorganized, co-workers were great and the kids and family were great.
Nice Accredited Center
Assistant Toddler Teacher (Former Employee), Cromwell, CTJune 16, 2015
Pros: Nice clean center
Cons: none
Assisting Head Teacher with lesson planning.
Upholding all health, safety, and supervision policies.
Building effective relationships with staff, students, and families.
Fun work place
Teachers aid (Former Employee), Edison, NJJune 9, 2015
Pros: Pizza fridays
Cons: noned
A typical day at work would be fun and play while teaching the kids.

I learned I always had to have lessons prepared even though I wasn't the head teacher. To always be prepare in case of an emergency and I learned kids just learn better when having fun.

The management was great they were always trying to make sure everyone succeeded.

My co-workers were also great and everyone worked as a team
Productive place helping children with their developmental skills
CAREGIVER (Current Employee), Township of Warren, NJJune 9, 2015
I have learned how to deal with new parents and their reactions to what their children are doing. My co-workers are amazing, they help me out whenever I need it. The most enjoyable part would be seeing the kids do something that they have never done before.
Productive and fun time with students and other teachers.
UPK TEACHER ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 1, 2015
At this job the students are a major aspect of my learning experience. The students are very caring. I learned a lot by being able to practice things i learned from school and bring it back to the class room. My co-workers were always very reliable and a great help. Management at this company were not always offering growth as stated. The hardest part of my job was not being able to assist a student who had special needs. The most enjoyable part was seeing my students smile and advancing my learning.
Fun place to work
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), Manahawkin, NJMay 27, 2015
Pros: nice people, working with kids, pay
Cons: commute to work
I enjoyed working with the kids and getting to know the staff. Everyone was very nice and the kids were well behaved given their young ages. I liked how each classroom was different and lead a great learning environment for different learning styles for the children. I hope to someday be a teacher, and this was a great step in the right direction.
fun work place with amazing bosses
Morning Supervisor (Current Employee), rocky point, NYMay 22, 2015
The Learning Experience is a great place to work if you love children. the bosses are great and work with you whenever they can. its a great place for anyone who would like to work in the childcare field.
Love working with the children.
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Newport News, VAApril 15, 2015
Pros: Meeting the parents
Cons: Long hours
A typical day at work was stressful and very demanding. I learned how to deal with certain parents and the staff. Management was not fair to certain employees and they had their favorite employees. Some of the co-workers was alright to work with. The hardest part of the job is dealing with management and some of the co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job is teaching the children and playing with them.
fun staff & awesome kids, clean center, terrible pay
Business Manager (Former Employee), Milford, MAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: clean, organized
Cons: low pay
I originally applied to be a teacher, but because i had more certification, they offered me a management position..bad idea, they just didnt wanna pay me what i was making at a previous center. they made me drive around for marketing purposes, didnt reimburse me for the gas. i worked longer hours and had no break. and on top of that, they gave me no training whatsoever. they're all about what they look like, not about the staff or the children.
Rewarding position with management that fulfills children
Business Manager (Current Employee), Hamilton, NJMarch 18, 2015
business manager for facility providing care for preschoolers. Responsible for marketing, as well as all budgeting and financials. Led building according to NJ state standards
Amazing place to work
Teacher (Current Employee), Lithia, FLMarch 7, 2015
I have enjoyed my employment with The Learning Experience. the staff was amazing. It was like we were family. The management staff was the best I have ever experienced in my whole career.
It was Okay
Teachers Aide (floating) (Former Employee), Centereach, NYFebruary 23, 2015
The pay was bad, and we never had the supplies we need, this coupled with the constant workplace drama, almost makes the fact that the children are wonderful unimportant/
Enjoyed the many Conventions
Area Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: work from home ability
Cons: travel was every other week.
TLE is a fast growing Franchise. They are in most of the US states. Bubbles the Elephant is the company's mascot.
TLE is a family owned Franchise and they believe that all of the Franchisee's are all family.
Education is first and foremost for TLE with their LEAP curriculum, Spanish, Phonics, Philanthropy, Manners Matter and Flexi Flamingo physical fitness curriculum.
Also, TLE has it's own Enrichment Curriculum.
State of the art Technology with LEAP Interactive and the child and family app that allows parents to receive notifications about their child.
Team Awesome!
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee), Foxboro, MAJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: amazing co-workers, friendly parents, bright and welcoming classrooms, wonderful children
Cons: no 401k
I have been working at TLE for about 10 months. Having received my degree in music education I never thought I would like working in a daycare as I thought that public school was where I belonged. I was wrong. TLE is not a daycare, it is an early learning academy and as such the staff is seen as educators and not babysitters. At TLE I feel appreciated and valued as the educator that I have always wanted to be. The staff is wonderful. We work really hard for our students and help each other out every day. The directors are very supportive and want to see us grow and succeed. The students are amazing and enjoy learning everyday. The parents are great too. They appreciate all that we do for their children. I would recommend TLE not only to perspective job seekers but also to parents! :) It is a fun place to work!
horrible place to work
childcare teacher (Former Employee), Glen Allen, Park Central Dr.January 19, 2015
Pros: none at all
Cons: pay, management, ownership
Worked here a few months. So not satisfied. Management is petty, rude and downright disrespectful! The turn over rate is ridiculous!!! Not to mention all the lies they tell you. After 90 days, you'll get an evaluation and a raise, yet you never do. Youll never work your scheduled hours, everyday they ask who wants to go home and even when you say no they send you any way. Whenever there is a meeting they wont pay you extra, they will give you a long break to cover it. They never come out of the office to lend a hand. You're always over ratio and plenty of licensing laws are being broken on a daily basis. The children do not get a healthy meal at all!!! They don't even have a stove!!!! The meals are cooked in a crock pot or in a microwave!!! The place doesnt even have a working vacuum or a suitable broomstick. And whenever materials are asked for you'll never get them. Overall, my experience here was a horrible one and I would never recommend any one to work here let alone send their children to this place.
Horrible ownership/great management
Teacher (Former Employee), Folsom, CAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: atmosphere, teachers, managers, families, job itself
Cons: owner, breaking licensing laws
If the owner would leave the place to the professionals skilled in child care then this place would be amazing but the owners who have no credits in ECE make the rules and break licensing laws left and right.
Productive and fun workplace
Full Time Infant Teacher (Current Employee), Township of Jackson, NJDecember 29, 2014
The Learning Experience makes a great atmosphere to be working in. I have learned more things while working this job than I have any other job. I believe that this job has helped me grow as a person and will help me later on in my life. The ladies that work there make the atmosphere fun and welcoming to anyone. I would recommend this position to anyone looking to enjoy going to work everyday.
Wonderful work atmosphere that provided insight to the education industry
Teacher (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VADecember 28, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of monitoring student progress, creating daily schedules and routines, counseling students, and managing a classroom setting. I learned that the education industry is a very rewarding environment with a lot to offer. The most enjoyable part of the job, overall, was having the opportunity to play a role in the proper development of each student.
Fun environment
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Newport News, VANovember 25, 2014
This job was pretty fun, being able to work with children and teach them new things and watching them grow from infants to toddlers as if they were your own.

1 2 3 4