The Learning Experience

The Learning Experience Employee Reviews in United States

The kids were the only good thing about this place.
Assistant Teacher/Floater (Former Employee) –  Medford, NYMay 6, 2016
Honestly this place was one of the worst managed places I have ever worked. I worked in this facility for a few months and had 4 different center directors. One of whom just walked out four days after she started. The director after her wasn't accepted by licensing and was forced into resignation. The lead teachers would take extra time on their lunch breaks repeatedly and management said NOTHING. The lead teachers were often forced to take half hour breaks when they were supposed to get hour breaks, due to low staff. Some of the children would be extremely disrespectful to the teachers and were rewarded with going to the front desk and playing on a computer. Employees were underpaid, and weren't offered medical benefits. Workers were never offered overtime and SOME staff were not able to make up missed hours while others were given the opportunity to make up their hours. This place was honestly a disgrace.
Pros
Children
Cons
Unfair work place
Definately a place to grow
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 7, 2016
The Learning Experience is a very rewarding place to work. There is always something going on at The Learning Experience, good things. You must be very careful to not break any codes there because there is a no tolerance policy even the littlest things can get you out the door. So be careful.
Pros
Exciting, Strict
Cons
Strict
Terrible place
Pre-school 2 lead (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXApril 6, 2016
I worked at a TLE Center in Texas and it was the worst experience ever. They had just opened and over hired. I had 1 kid in my class, then they decided to put an unpottytrained child in a potty trained only room. So occasionally it slipped my mind that he needed to be changed because my other student was fully trained!! They told me he would only be in there for 1 day. 1 day turned into a month and a half, so I had to make accommodations for this child. (Which I don't mind) but that meant changed the child on the floor, in the bathroom. It was so difficult to have such a huge age difference in my class. One child was 5 the other was 3 so not only did I have to make accommodations for the unpottytrained child, but I had to make the child a whole knew lesson plan. 2 lesson plans I had to follow in 1 class room!!!!!! I did not get hired as a toddler teacher to change diapers. I specifically asked for pre-school because of the fact that I am not good at keeping track of changing diapers. I told them this in the hiring process and they understood. Even laughed about it with me. Told me it wouldn't be a problem. They terminated me for forgetting to change his diaper at a certain time. I did it 10 minutes later. They terminated half of the staff they hired. All for stupid reasons.
If you're thinking about working here, run screaming for the hills.
Cons
No healthcare, no teacher resources
good experience
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cedar Grove, NJJanuary 16, 2016
The director made you feel comfortable to come to her in any circumstances or situations. Job work was good and easy because I already had so much experience.
Fun Place to Work
Director# Shannon Mitchell Duh (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJJanuary 8, 2016
The day was filled with flexibility, I learned a lot, taught a lot and enjoyed every minute with the little ones. The management was open, caring and informed. I enjoyed every girl I worked with and the parents where great as well. The hardest part of the job was when numbers where low and girls had to be sent home.. I enjoyed the children, watching their beautiful smiles and them taking the milestones.
Pros
Great Hours
Cons
No Health Care
Fun place to grow
Floater (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJanuary 7, 2016
When working at The Learning Experience not only do you get to watch the children learn and grow, but you also grow as a person, an employee and as a caregiver.
Stay far away from this company
center director (Former Employee) –  Merrimack, NHDecember 31, 2015
I cannot stress enough how bad this company is. the owners sell franchises to victims who buy into their lies and deception. If the buyers have child care experience, the business may succeed. If not, the corporate headquarters takes back their ownership and runs the show. When a location is corporate owned, the model feeds the pockets of the Florida company at the expense of the employees at the site. The pay is below industry standard and the turnover of staff is high. Management has a 3-6 month time frame to meet the corporate goals or they are out. Teachers are underpaid, overworked and not appreciated. They supply their own materials, work at home, and clean their own classrooms including toilets. Anyone who likes where they work, usually works at a franchise location and not a corporate owned one. I worked 14 hr days as a manager, opening and closing the business because of state regulations. I could not hire staff because of their bad reputation and poor pay with no benefits. If you even think about applying to a TLE, run and don't look back.
Disorganized
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Roseland, NJDecember 10, 2015
I loved working as a teacher but as a business manager there lacked a lot organization, information was processed incorrectly, parents were lied to and very unjust treatment.
Fun and enjoyable workplae
lead teacher (Current Employee) –  NYDecember 1, 2015
Fun place to work with a staff that fully supports each other. Working with children can be intimidating and overwhelming at times,but management is always helpful and supportive.
Terrible Communication
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lewis Center, OHNovember 19, 2015
I was told there were opportunities for raises, then later when I asked about it, they told me that there was no room in their budget. After just finding out that I received my bachelor's degree, I decided it was time to move on to find a place that would truly appreciate me.
Pros
The kids will love you unconditionally.
Cons
No benefits, no structure
Interesting place of employment
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 18, 2015
Overall its a pretty cool place to work.The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my colleages and learning from them.
The position I had I loved.
Teacher Aide (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NYNovember 15, 2015
I very much enjoyed what I was doing. That was working with children who always put a smile on my face. I enjoyed the classes that I was expected to take every two years. I enjoyed doing CPR and First Aid classes.
The bright side were always the children and I found the parents to be wonderful to work with.
Awesome daycare
Staff (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2015
Truly one of the most awesome daycares in the area! The staff is kind, caring and attentive to all the children and their needs. The daycare itself is clean beyond belief. Great management. The halls and all the classrooms are lined with the beautiful works created by the children. The other teachers put a lot of time and energy in showcasing the achievements of their young students! Wonderful place!!!!...
Pros
the people, families & the area
Cons
travel.. wishh the subway was a bit closer
Constructive and well managed work environment
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Easton, MassachusettsOctober 23, 2015
Great place to work with helpful and compassionate staff/directors. The children, staff, and parents were all very enjoyable to work with. It was a growing daycare, and we rapidly opened new classrooms which was a fun experience for myself and the children. We had great job advancement opportunities.
Taught and supervised young children
Asst. Teacher (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIOctober 21, 2015
This Day Care facility was a excellent place to work and all employees worked together very well.

It was fun to interact with all the children we cared for.
Pros
Work was very structured
Cons
Needs to get their act together
Lead Teacher of Preschool (Current Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAOctober 12, 2015
The Learning Experience in Simi Valley is a train wreck and cares more about the money than the actual care of the children. The teachers, although amazing, are stretched to their limit and then some. Horrible place to work. Wouldn't recommend it as a place to work. Learn from my mistake, don't even think about applying.
no advancement opportunities, inconsistencies
Business Manager/Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 12, 2015
Every day I came in and recorded payments, did staff scheduling/breaks times, called clients, did billings, worked on account receivables/payables, did record keeping, answered phones, maintained child/staff ratios, took credit card payments, made bank deposits and greeted clients upon their arrival for the day. I checked emails and handled mail and correspondence, called clients with inquiries, gave tours and enrolled clients. I had to spend 4 hours a day doing marketing out in the community; making cold calls, putting up flyers, building partnerships with businesses and planning events to build brand awareness and promote community involvement. I also mentored and trained new employees and worked in the classrooms as needed.
I enjoyed working with the co-workers and was the "go to" person for problems and teachers needing solutions in their rooms. I particularly enjoyed the satisfaction of making sure quality goals are met within the organization and helping peers to reach their goals.
The hardest part of my job was the inconsistencies and no growth potential.
Pros
The children and families and peers.
Cons
no benefits, no job growth potential
Tle
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Holly Springs, NCSeptember 30, 2015
Very hard place to work. They expect a lot from their employees. The families are wonderful and great to work with though.
Worst place I've ever worked
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 17, 2015
This was by far the worst job I have ever had. I've worked with children for many years, but this was the worst experience I had in child care. The pay was absolutely horrendous for the amount of work they expect you to do. The management didn't have any actual experience working with children so gave ideas for behavior management that never worked. There were no benefits, long hours (asked to come in early but you don't get to leave any earlier), the ratios are awful as well. As a lead teacher you are responsible for lesson plans(on your own time), prepping art projects(on your own time), doing pretty much everything in the classroom, making copies(on your own time), oh and if that's not enough you also have to clean your classroom yourself daily all for just above minimum wage for 9+ hours a day, sound good? Also when it was convenient for them they'd send you home early so you made even less money but not getting enough hours. I don't have anything good to say about working here except that I did love my kids!
Pros
The kids
Cons
No benefits, low pay, ratios, too much work
Great experience but not worth it
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  FLSeptember 8, 2015
too much work with little pay. Teachers do not get paid as they should. The ratios for the kids is also ridiculous, whoever made them up did not work with the children directly.
Pros
children, coworkers
Cons
little pay