The Learning Experience Employee Reviews

Very organized, fun and activity filled workplace. Lovely children and parents.
Assistant Teacher Toddler Room (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLApril 26, 2017
My last few days here were heavy on my end. I brought home problems to work and my boss noticed me being too tense with the toddlers. Put 2wks notice in myself.
Pros
Space is nice, decorated, jeans on certain Fridays
Cons
strict coworkers
Tle
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAApril 24, 2017
A typical day at work is welcoming children and parents into the class, lesson plans, and care for the children. I have learned people management skills. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the childrens attitudes. What I enjoy the most is getting to teach and help the children grow.
Truly a Learning Experience
Childcare Provider (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 17, 2017
I have learned a lot since starting this job. I really enjoy the people I work with and we try our best to work as a team and help each other out. We learn a lot from one another as well as the kids. You become quite attached to the kids working here, it's great to see them grow and learn everyday.
Nice Daycare to work at
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, MIMarch 31, 2017
I loved working at the Learning Experience, it was where I first started in child care and where I learned I loved working with children of all ages. The only down fall was the drama because you work with all girls so there tends to be drama. The management that was there when I worked there were great but I dont know how it is now.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Drama
Love the kids
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJMarch 15, 2017
Love the kids and co-workers. The time put in vs pay, expectations, prep, vacation time / sick days, etc. is terrible. I loved the warm environment and my students very much.
Pros
Warm environment
Cons
Pay
The employees were great
Lead Pre-School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILMarch 13, 2017
The atmosphere was good. Friendly and Outgoing Staff. It was nice location. Close to home. People and families were very nice and friendly. Had alot of great programs.
Interning
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Holly Springs, NCFebruary 20, 2017
I was never working for the learning experience. I took a early child good education class which required me to intern at a local day care. It was amazing going to the daycare and seeing all the new smiling faces of my little friends.
Beware!
VPK Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lakewood Ranch, FLFebruary 16, 2017
TLE is a joke of a childcare establishment. I stand by my words when I say "if only parent's knew what went on after they walked out of the doors". The Learning Experience in Lakewood Ranch has got to be THE worst childcare "establishment" I have ever worked at. CM wears the title of "Director" but she has zero credentials past her 45 DCF hours. From November 2016-February 2017, the center was run with one of the teachers Director's Credential on file. Although this teacher was putting her name on the line for the center, CM and CM were always putting classrooms out of ratio, under valuing their staff, not supporting their staff, and making promises they could not keep. There were several behavioral issues in the VPK classroom (i.e. a 4 year old throwing chairs at a teacher) that were brought up to CM and they were never properly dealt with. Children were always being moved all over the center so that management wouldn't have to deal with the children or be in a classroom. They are also notorious for shorting the pay of staff members.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, lack of benefits, lack of support, over ratio
Fun work place to have fun and teach children from infants to kindergarten
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Readington, NJFebruary 1, 2017
Great place to gain experience, very structured within lesson planning, classroom management and time management. Fun and exciting learning environment to gain experience in working with children
Pros
Flexible with scheduling
Cons
A little unorganized
Terrible establishment
Former teacher (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJanuary 30, 2017
The hamilton center is constantly over ratio. Teachers are not corrected on their wrong doings. The franchise owners care more about money than they do about the children or their safety. They completely disregard what their regional managers try to enforce. The center is not cleaned properly and is not cleaned on a daily basis as it should be with the amount of children that are in the building. I will never send my children back nor will I recommend The Learning Experience to anyone that I care about.
poor
Teachers Assistance (Former Employee) –  Wall, NJJanuary 30, 2017
The management and environment was poorly handled at this particular location. I loved everything about the school itself and its program. i won't completely write off The Learning Experience.
Horrible place to work.
Twaddler teacher (Former Employee) –  Lakewood Ranch, FLJanuary 30, 2017
I worked for the learning experience for almost a year. It was fun at first until we got a new director, this lady had 0 credentials to be a director. Nothing was organized, supplies were never ordered, you were blamed if things weren't right even if it wasn't your fault. Children moved around constantly. High turn over rate, careless management, ect. Management would sit up front of snapchat and Facebook rather then do their actual jobs. Promised raises were not given.
The lakewood ranch center has management as cruel and unprofessional as if a high schooler is running then the place. I placed in my two weeks, and they pushed me into walking out from the way they treated me. It's been months and I am still battling corporate!
Save yourself the headache and stress and find a better company!
Pros
Cons
Poor management, low pay, out of ratio, constant complaints to DCF.
A good school program
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJJanuary 15, 2017
A good program that marries academic integrity with behavioral coaching in a positive, constructive environment. You will never meet students who appreciate what you do more than three-year-olds.
Pros
Awesome duties and hours, good coworkers and management.
Cons
Far commute (for me), low wages.
Review Summary
Floater (Current Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCJanuary 12, 2017
I started back in March, and I work with the Pre-K class. Great with working around my school schedule. I come in and wake the childen from their nap and keep them preoccupied during the afternoons with lots of TLC.
Good job for some one fresh out of High school no room to grow.
HEAD TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Union, NJJanuary 8, 2017
Very disorganized work environment a lot of times your left to pick up managers slack , no room to grow despite being with the company for years ,no raises rarely given, no consistency in staffing , your hard work is never acknowledge , The good very flexible working hours ; Teachers are amazing Very poor management..
TLE Merrimack
Director (Former Employee) –  NHDecember 29, 2016
Do not work here if you value your well-being. 6 director's over 3 years. The staff conspires against director's and staff to push out/get them fired.
Pros
Families and kids
Cons
Corporate, sabotaging coworkers, constant drama, filthy facility.
Easy going learning envioment
Twaddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJDecember 1, 2016
Typical day, statred with greeting children and parents. Learned a lot about ndifferent ways to solve a proublem. Managment was open, helpful. co workers where just great, kind, flexable and helpful.
Hardest part was leaving due to medical issues. Meeting all the people I did.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks, short on supplies
fun place to work but management is bad
Daycare Teacher (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VADecember 1, 2016
Typical day is fine. Management was terrible. Very rude and very poorly ran. Parents weren't called when a child was sick. Also NO BENEFITS!!!! When something happened that the parents at the daycare should of been notified, they never were.
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
no healthcare, rude and poorly ran management
The Learning Experience
Part Time Employee (Former Employee) –  warren njNovember 28, 2016
I loved working at The Learning Experience, it was a difficult job but I loved it. I quit because of family business. My grandmother and aunt both have passed away within the same month. It was hard to force a smile while going to work. I would say I was depressed and I didn't really feel myself anymore. I did not quit because of the job I quit because everything was piling up on me to quick, and it was becoming overwhelming. I would go back any day, but it would be awkward because I did quit. I learned that you have to be patient and love kids in order to work in this department. The co-workers were amazing and the front office was very thoughtful, and kind. The hardest part was not having your phone in sight. I understood that rule very cleary, but while I was working my aunt went into the hospital I received many calls but I could not get to my phone due to the rule. That was the only con I really had while working. A typical day at work was to lesson plan or just get the back classroom ready and I loved the kids and how I interacted with them.
Pros
Lunches, and snacks
Cons
short breaks phone privelages
Overall great place
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Holly Springs, NCOctober 15, 2016
They have a different approach with things. Not just business as usual and I love that about this place. They will push you to be your best. Great teachers too.
Pros
Family feel.
Cons
some gossiping

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Learning Experience. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7