The Legal Aid Society

The Legal Aid Society Employer Reviews

Productive and efficient
Paralegal/ Case Handler (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYNovember 14, 2013
Pros: union 1199, full benefits.
My typical day varies from day to day. It is a low key work environment, the main objective is to assist clients with legal needs. Great staff.
Love working for the organization
Criminal Defense Investigator (Former Employee), queens, new yorkNovember 12, 2013
Pros: steady schedule
Learn so much of the criminal justice system and was able to help many Lives...
Legal Aid Society
AmeriCorps VISTA (Former Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 20, 2013
Great Management, good co-workers, providing legal resources to Louisville and the surrounding area
Interesting place to work at. Friendly environment.
Intern (Former Employee), Queens, NYAugust 8, 2013
A typical day include running errands to the court house, disposing or organizing paper work and case file for my supervisors, and following directions and orders. There were days I also sat in on court hearings, and cases, learning about the laws for foster care adolescents, and court room terminology, behaviours, and etiquette.
I enjoyed every aspect – more... of this job, since it is extremely similar to my goal of becoming a lawyer. – less
Its a rewarding and great place to work
Paralegal (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 26, 2013
Over the years I've earned the respect of my colleagues, gained valuable experience in the field of law and expanded my knowledge. The services our organization provides is for low income people fighting against odds stacked against them in a more often than not unfair criminal justice system. Its very challenging but very rewarding helping those in – more... need. – less
Great Place to Advance
Civil Unit Intern (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: opportunity to advance
Had a great time as an intern in this place, management was great and very supportive.
Would recommend working here to anyone
Coworkers are very supportive.
Over all a great experience
Great place to work, which is where I obtained most of my work experience.
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, New YorkJuly 11, 2012
Pros: transit checks, and health benefits.
Heavy interaction with indigent clients who have criminal cases. A typical day at this organization was hectic, and at times chaotic.

Management were very interesting and compassionate. The co-workers were colorful, and at times very difficult to deal with, but nonetheless I loved everyone of them.

The hardest part was dealing with the clients coming – more... out of jail, who many were HIV patients, and totally indigent, with many personal problems and very little patience.

The most enjoyable part of this job was the different personalities, the different cases, and being part of it all.

I learned how to be patient, team player, and who to multi-task in a chaotic and hectic environment. – less
Great Intro to the Legal World
Paralegal/Investigator Intern (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYMarch 8, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule
This is where I was able to learn about the legal aspect of advocacy. It was great!
Intense
Legal Intern (Former Employee), Brooklyn,NYMarch 6, 2012
This company offers very intense hours, although they work off the court house hours, it is still very time intensive.