The LEGO Group Employee Reviews

Super fun environment with wonderful managers
Brick Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 2, 2017
Working at the Lego store gave me the opportunity to help show a lot of kids what Lego was all about, and helped me meet and make new friends. The managers were very fun and helped promote a happy enviornment
Merchandiser
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 30, 2017
Perfect for someone looking for pretty flexible hours. Must be ok with working full time only a month or so out of the year. Some months you will average maybe 8 hours a week. No benefits and gas compensation is not enough. Management has somewhat unrealistic expectations of you. Great employee discount but you might not make enough money in a week to even purchase a small lego set.
Pros
Flexible hours; employee discount
Cons
Not enough hours; unrealistic and unfair expectations from supervisors
Fun training program
Customer Service Temporary Seasonal Help (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTFebruary 19, 2017
Training was fun, but management unwilling to admit errors in testing. Mid-term exam is crazy easy, final is 8 days later and significantly different. The mid-term is not a proper assessment of your progress.
Difficult to be permanently hired.
Consumer services advisor (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CTJanuary 23, 2017
Customer service is legendary. Training was great, dealing with customers was interesting and usually a lot of fun. If you focus and have good attention to detail, contacts per hour are easy to to keep high. Although they hire CS reps seasonally, everyone hopes to be asked to stay on after the holiday rush. Team leaders constantly stress the importance of good numbers and surveys, leading one to think the better you do, the better your chances. This is NOT TRUE. This year those chosen to be hired permanently were drawn from a RAFFLE. Last year all names were randomly listed and every third name was checked off for a permanent hire, regardless of skill level. This immediately devalues the hard work accomplished. Also, the only full time shift offered at first is 2pm-10pm. Only after one does this for at least six months is there a chance to change your shift. Harsh for anyone with a family. It's sad really, because I love it there and LEGO is supposed to be so family-oriented.
Pros
Great healthcare, super nice coworkers and management.
Cons
Very limited advancement potential
Best job in the world!!!
Consumer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTJanuary 10, 2017
The LEGO group is the best company in the world! I loved every moment there!! The team leaders take time to train you and really care about your success.
Best company I have ever worked for!
Brick Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLDecember 14, 2016
I've had a few jobs in my time, and this one is by far the best job. It feels so good to work for a company that honestly CARES about you as a person! So many companies nowadays only care about the profit, or the image of the company. Other companies will stress that the guest is the most important person in the picture, but LEGO seems to understand that realistically, that's not the case. LEGO seems to understand that if you take care of your employees and acknowledge them on an individual level, and give them incentives to do well, that in turn they will be happy and actually WANT to perform well for the company.

I work at one of the largest LEGO stores in the world, and even on our busiest days of the year, we're having fun. Everyone at work is so supportive of one another, and the managers all understand that we are human beings, and sometimes we need to sit down for an extra 5 minutes to catch our breath.

Honestly, the hardest part of the job is just being on our feet for however many hours, but you could find that to be an issue for at least 70% of jobs. Getting to play with LEGO bricks in between working with guests who share in your passion is worth a few aches and pains and the lowish payrate!
Pros
Understanding management, decent breaks, plenty of playtime, a company that cares
Cons
No benefits for part time, relatively low pay
Great place for working moms!
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTNovember 14, 2016
Amazing place for working moms. Easy going culture that is family focused. The company is growing very rapid so the work load gets a bit crazy...It is worth it though, great company to work for.
LEGO is family
Brick Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 9, 2016
Lego company is a good job for those that like to have a fun work environment. You literally get to play and build things with the guest. Some times it will get stressful do to all the task you must do but its a team effort.
Played with legos
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 2, 2016
Seriously was an amazing job and if ever got the opportunity to go back to it I would in a heart beat! Great interaction and all around a positive experience,
Pros
Legos
Cons
The BEST company if you want to learn customer service!
SUPERVISOR AND BRICK SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 20, 2016
LEGO is the absolute definition of DIVERSITY! My team that I worked with is unlike any other. The management there is absolutely amazing and the company as a whole care about the meaning of true customer service! They treat both customers and employees like they are family!
Management does not stand behind their loyal employees
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Boston NorthMay 23, 2016
I had enjoyed working for Lego for over 13 years. Watching the kids faces light up when I helped them find the perfect set. Listening to the 30 yr old tell me how he use to play with Lego at his grandmothers house every Sunday with his brothers and sisters and now his kids enjoyed them. That all ended for me when A shelf fell on my head at work and I was hurt. Lego did give me Workmanship Comp. I loved my job so much, I returned to work 4 days later. A few months later I started getting headaches. Lego's insurance company Liberty Mutual said it was not from me getting hit on the head at work even though 2 doctors have confirmed it. I have had to hire an attorney to help me. What hurts me the most is management did not help me. I was a very loyal employee and no one cared.
Pros
The best product in the entire world..
Cons
Management does not help their loyal and dedicated employees
Fun and creative work environment
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee) –  Louisville, COMay 7, 2016
Every day something new was always happening and it kept for an exciting and creative atmosphere, The management were always helpful and very supportive and was always willing to help out when needed. They also encouraged to work with one another even if it was not technically their department.
Productive and fun workplace
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTApril 3, 2016
Exciting customers who are very devoted to the products and looking to purchase more. Team members were helpful and insightful. System was updated and supported most advanced internet and citrix systems.
Danish Culture is OK for some
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CTMarch 9, 2016
Danish culture is laid back, which can be cool, be sometimes limits productivity. The way you act and how people perceive your personality is often more important than job performance. If you are OK with this then you will be fine. Benefits are really good although pay is not as high as other companies in New England.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Cultural fit is a must
Great brand, Interesting culture, work in progress
Manager (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTFebruary 21, 2016
The people at LEGO are great and they truly create a family environment. There is a strange relationship between employee's that have been at LEGO for a long period of time and those that haven't. LEGO thinks they are work life friendly but they aren't. The HR department lacks sophistication causing development and new talent opportunities to be weak. The pay is great however and so are the int'l opportunities.
Pros
Free foodie perks, int'l connections & travel, cater to parents, great benefits, comfortable work environment
Cons
Llmited work life balance, poor standard development opportunities, weak HR department, lacks diversity
fun and very easy to work with
Sales (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 17, 2016
lego is a fun company to work with and they understand you have a life outside of work and are willing to work with you on your schedule.
Excellent Company to Work For
Supervisor/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 6, 2016
Management incredibly open and transparent. Typical day includes any and all kinds of customer service from simple returns to complicated issues with computer systems to loud and boisterous children. Patience and understanding are essential to overall performance. Co-workers were all easy-going and amiable and have never had any real conflicts with any of the staff. The only bad part of the job would be during the holiday season customers can tend to be a bit irrational at times. We do everything we can to ensure they have a great experience and more often than not we can do that.
Pros
Relaxed environment, Management, Co-Workers, Selling Fun
Cons
Very difficult to go from part-time to full-time
Set up a great new store
Brick Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILJanuary 3, 2016
I was hired for a new store and worked in setting it up. Lots of heavy lifting and ladder climbing, but it was great to see it come together. Pretty typical mall job. Hey hired way too many people then were needed and we ended up standing around bored for a lot of the time.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Few hours
Great job to have
Sales (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILDecember 28, 2015
I enjoy working for LEGO. The customer interaction is typically a plus, and the kids that come in are some of the best. Just hearing stories of the parents growing up building with LEGO or how their children build the coolest things.
fast paced, fun work hard play hard culture
Demand Planning Analyst (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTDecember 17, 2015
Great forwarded thinking manufacturer and retailer. Great culture, opportunity to travel and explore career potential.
Pros
smart peers, great benefits, be a part of a respected brand
Cons
work life balance sometimes a challenge

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The LEGO Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3