The LEGO Group Employee Reviews in United States

Fun and creative work environment
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee) –  Louisville, COMay 7, 2016
Every day something new was always happening and it kept for an exciting and creative atmosphere, The management were always helpful and very supportive and was always willing to help out when needed. They also encouraged to work with one another even if it was not technically their department.
Management does not stand behind their loyal employees
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Boston NorthMay 23, 2016
I had enjoyed working for Lego for over 13 years. Watching the kids faces light up when I helped them find the perfect set. Listening to the 30 yr old tell me how he use to play with Lego at his grandmothers house every Sunday with his brothers and sisters and now his kids enjoyed them. That all ended for me when A shelf fell on my head at work and I was hurt. Lego did give me Workmanship Comp. I loved my job so much, I returned to work 4 days later. A few months later I started getting headaches. Lego's insurance company Liberty Mutual said it was not from me getting hit on the head at work even though 2 doctors have confirmed it. I have had to hire an attorney to help me. What hurts me the most is management did not help me. I was a very loyal employee and no one cared.
Pros
The best product in the entire world..
Cons
Management does not help their loyal and dedicated employees
Great brand, Interesting culture, work in progress
Manager (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTFebruary 21, 2016
The people at LEGO are great and they truly create a family environment. There is a strange relationship between employee's that have been at LEGO for a long period of time and those that haven't. LEGO thinks they are work life friendly but they aren't. The HR department lacks sophistication causing development and new talent opportunities to be weak. The pay is great however and so are the int'l opportunities.
Pros
Free foodie perks, int'l connections & travel, cater to parents, great benefits, comfortable work environment
Cons
Llmited work life balance, poor standard development opportunities, weak HR department, lacks diversity
Danish Culture is OK for some
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CTMarch 9, 2016
Danish culture is laid back, which can be cool, be sometimes limits productivity. The way you act and how people perceive your personality is often more important than job performance. If you are OK with this then you will be fine. Benefits are really good although pay is not as high as other companies in New England.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Cultural fit is a must
Excellent Company to Work For
Supervisor/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 6, 2016
Management incredibly open and transparent. Typical day includes any and all kinds of customer service from simple returns to complicated issues with computer systems to loud and boisterous children. Patience and understanding are essential to overall performance. Co-workers were all easy-going and amiable and have never had any real conflicts with any of the staff. The only bad part of the job would be during the holiday season customers can tend to be a bit irrational at times. We do everything we can to ensure they have a great experience and more often than not we can do that.
Pros
Relaxed environment, Management, Co-Workers, Selling Fun
Cons
Very difficult to go from part-time to full-time
Productive and fun workplace
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTApril 3, 2016
Exciting customers who are very devoted to the products and looking to purchase more. Team members were helpful and insightful. System was updated and supported most advanced internet and citrix systems.
Set up a great new store
Brick Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILJanuary 3, 2016
I was hired for a new store and worked in setting it up. Lots of heavy lifting and ladder climbing, but it was great to see it come together. Pretty typical mall job. Hey hired way too many people then were needed and we ended up standing around bored for a lot of the time.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Few hours
fast paced, fun work hard play hard culture
Demand Planning Analyst (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTDecember 17, 2015
Great forwarded thinking manufacturer and retailer. Great culture, opportunity to travel and explore career potential.
Pros
smart peers, great benefits, be a part of a respected brand
Cons
work life balance sometimes a challenge
Great job to have
Sales (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILDecember 28, 2015
I enjoy working for LEGO. The customer interaction is typically a plus, and the kids that come in are some of the best. Just hearing stories of the parents growing up building with LEGO or how their children build the coolest things.
fun and very easy to work with
Sales (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 17, 2016
lego is a fun company to work with and they understand you have a life outside of work and are willing to work with you on your schedule.
Hectic but rewarding experience with children and reliable coworkers
Brick Specialist Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TexasJune 10, 2015
I have had a great time working for LEGO Brand Retail. The manager at this location is top-notch and the customers are usually pretty decent. The scheduling is extremely flexible and the coworkers easily become your best friends.
Great Company Culture but Stressful CPHW KPI
Consumer Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTMarch 3, 2015
Busy job on a call queue. The company did provide extensive training, however the Contacts Per Hour Worked Key Performance Indicator was very hard to reach with the new CRM system. Management was supportive though and wanted to do anything to help. Co-workers are all very friendly.
Okay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 15, 2015
I liked this job because it was great for placement in your career They pay good but if you work here; you will not have anytime for your own life.
Easy going work that gets busy during the holiday season.
Merchandiser/Vendor (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYNovember 17, 2014
A typical day includes driving to a store and packing out their Lego product. You price the tickets, make sure the items are where they are supposed to be and help a few customers out and your done for the day. The hardest party of the job is going up and down ladders while you navigate through a department store obstacle course during the holiday season. Not exactly rewarding work, but it does pay the bills.
Great place to work if you are comfortable in one area
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Victor, NYSeptember 23, 2014
Overall, working with customers is fun and exciting. I enjoyed learning about what I can do to move ahead in my career and researching the company policies, procedures and methods of doing things. I mostly enjoyed training staff members and teaching them how to work with customers and how to move forward in their progress as a salesmen. The hardest part of this job was that I cannot move up in my position because I would need to travel across the country to do so.
Pros
great atmosphere and co-workers
Cons
no room for advancement
Merchandising team no longer important to company
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTNovember 12, 2014
Merchandising team was laid off for two months with one hour notice due to management not keeping tabs on the budget. Meanwhile management drives brand new company vehicles and flies all over the country for meetings that could be accomplished on conference calls. Also, every year company sends expensive Christmas gifts to seasonal help who are only with the company for six weeks. Management refuses to recognize that excellent merchandisers who have given their heart and soul to the company are leaving because they are no longer heard. Management can only 'hear' themselves. A great product and customers love it but as a merchandiser you will have to tell customers that you don't have time to help them.
Pros
great product, customers love it
Cons
merchandising team no longer important to company
Manage and maintain banking relationships and cash flow of daily transactions.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTMay 31, 2014
Move money to and from bank accounts to fund for Alccounts Payable remittances.

I gained exposure to accounting cycles and general ledger on SAP.

Co workers primarily had college educations so the rivalry for position was held to a minimum.

Hardest part of the this job was to instill a sense of wariness toward vendors and service providers as well as financial endeavors as our Danish associates were not as suspicious about issues as businesses in the US were.

Most enjoyable part of the job was working directly with Danish management at their on site visits.
Pros
beautiful facility; company store.
One of the best companies I have worked for.
Customer Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTMay 2, 2014
A typical day would be like hanging out and getting paid for it. I would answer incoming calls to help customers with placing, tracking, and taking payments for LEGO orders. From this company I learned that work can be fun. The managerial staff at this job was good( the company promotes from within). The hardest part of the job was dealing with the Christmas Rush of calls, returns, and complaints. I feel that working on the LEGO website monitoring and moderating was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
being the first person to test out new lego games and sets
Cons
none other then i miss it.
About Lego Company
Brick Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MADecember 15, 2013
On a typical work day we get calls all day long for items we have not carried for months because said customer didn't want to buy it then and wants it now and is upset at us for not having item. What I've learned is to stay calm and deal with the situation as best as I can with the help of Management and Co-workers. There really isn't anything hard about the job. The most enjoyable part of my job at Lego is seeing the happy little children.
Pros
i get to play with lego's.
Lego does not value experienced merchandisers. Micro-managing at it's finest!
Team Lead/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Lego treats their merchandising team like a bunch of five-year-old children. The company does not value experience. Recent pay increases were quite generous with newer hires while experienced employees of the company received the absolute minimum. Apparently the company was trying to bring their pay scale for new hires up to the current industry standard. Then there is the new auditing program by Team Leads who have no experience on the job with Lego. The criteria for an excellent store service visit by a merchandiser is impossible to accomplish based on Lego budget parameters. The Team Lead will always find something wrong in a store. The Team Lead position is a total waste of money and time for the company. Lego hasn't any common sense if they do not understand this simple scenario.
Pros
great product, creative building for children and adults alike
Cons
micro-managing merchandisers, lego does not value experience

4.3