The Leona Group Employee Reviews

Horrible Company
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 24, 2017
I have worked for the Leona Group for 5 years as a teacher. They can't retain teachers because many reasons. One being poor leadership. There is no accountability for the administration. Administration doesn't have experience teaching in classrooms and evaluations are completely skewed to their biased remarks.

New teachers every year. Assessments change every year. Nothing is consistent. Only 5 PTO days that include your sick day. So if you get sick, good luck.
Pros
healthcare
NOT a good place to work!
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMarch 16, 2017
They can not keep staff because teachers are not respected by the administration or students! I had students told by other staff that they did not need to do my assignments if they didn't feel like they should and the school leader AND an unqualified person come in my classroom and take over my lesson because they didn't like what I was doing!
The school is run by the students and teachers are criticized by administration when students do not like them!
I have an issue with being told how to run my classroom by someone that does not have an education degree and went from being a classroom aide to being in charge of the students and teachers in the upper grade level!
The upper grade levels do not have a PE class and have to sit the whole lunch period. These kids are expected to sit and be quite from 7:50 a.m. until 4:00 everyday! They have no outlet at all and become crazy as the day goes on!
Student discipline..... no such thing!
Pros
Cons
No support and no respect from administration
Don't ever work here
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIFebruary 22, 2017
The Leona Group cares about one thing: themselves. They hired an entire staff to teach in a building they ended up never getting. The staff was informed TWO days before they were due to start. Many teachers resigned from their current positions and could lot get them back. We were offered no severance pay. Don't ever work for this group. Terrible people.
great place to work
Assistant Director of Transportation (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OH 43606February 10, 2017
Prides itself on the children and making sure all get the education they deserve. Great place to work. Would still be there if the transportation department didnt get bought out.
Fun coworkers
Student Mentor / Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 4, 2015
Great co-workers
Hardest part was not having a lot to do and doing tasks that were others' responsibility
Liked working on a school schedule
Pros
good camaraderie amongst teachers and staff, school breaks
Cons
little communication, bored, not a lot to do during down time, no job description, asked to do things that were not my place to handle, told not to do things I tried to do to fill my time
Fun place to work with great coworkers
High School Mathematics Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIAugust 24, 2014
Working at this school is fun. Our staff meetings are short and to the point. The administration team is supportive and honest. Colleagues are friendly and willing to lend a helping hand. Working with children is the best part of the day. The hardest part of this job is handling state oversight.
Pros
Long lunches, help is available, team atmosphere
Cons
Pay
Office Manager Lunch Coordinator Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 21, 2014
The Leona Group was an excellent place to work. I basically grew up there. I was hired directly out of high school and learned a lot. I was trusted to teach in a classroom. I advanced into an office management position and coordinator. The co-workers were very helpful.
Pros
the hours were EXCELLENT! Also working directly with people
Overall good company to work for
Enrollment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 27, 2013
Generally a good company to work for based on professional growth and relationships. The management team provides good mentoring and is usually one where you feel comfortable with interaction. Colleagues are always helpful and understanding of the needs of one another.
Pros
Great rapport with colleagues
Cons
No paid personal or vacation time for myself, no healthcare benefits for myself
Enjoyable experience
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 23, 2013
This was my first IT job and was a definate learning experience. I learned how to deal with teachers and less then optimal situations.
The hours at this job were however sometimes long and boaring.
Pros
free lunches, lots of learning experiences
Cons
long hours, and sometimes nothing to fix for days
They dont pratice what they preach
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 11, 2012
A typical day is never being able to catch your breath. They load on the work and they dont give you help. When they brought on several more schools the management told workers that they will not be hiring more staff so dont ask. Upper management is overpaid and underqualified.
A productive place to work.
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 16, 2012
A typical day at work is being able to multi-task and being flexible to handle any situations and working with various grade levels.
The work enviroment is people friendly
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 20, 2012
Since I work in a school enviroment the typical day is never the same. I learned that communication and dedication is a key factor for a successful work enviroment. My co-workers are teamplayers that make working together enjoyable. The most enjoyable part of the job is giving inspiration to the children.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Leona Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4