The Leona Group

The Leona Group United States Employee Reviews

Fun place to work with great coworkers
High School Mathematics Teacher (Current Employee), Lansing, MIAugust 24, 2014
Pros: long lunches, help is available, team atmosphere
Cons: pay
Working at this school is fun. Our staff meetings are short and to the point. The administration team is supportive and honest. Colleagues are friendly and willing to lend a helping hand. Working with children is the best part of the day. The hardest part of this job is handling state oversight.
Office Manager Lunch Coordinator Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Detroit, MIFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: the hours were excellent! also working directly with people
The Leona Group was an excellent place to work. I basically grew up there. I was hired directly out of high school and learned a lot. I was trusted to teach in a classroom. I advanced into an office management position and coordinator. The co-workers were very helpful.
Overall good company to work for
Enrollment Coordinator (Current Employee), Detroit, MISeptember 27, 2013
Pros: great rapport with colleagues
Cons: no paid personal or vacation time for myself, no healthcare benefits for myself
Generally a good company to work for based on professional growth and relationships. The management team provides good mentoring and is usually one where you feel comfortable with interaction. Colleagues are always helpful and understanding of the needs of one another.
Enjoyable experience
IT Technician (Former Employee), Toledo, OHJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: free lunches, lots of learning experiences
Cons: long hours, and sometimes nothing to fix for days
This was my first IT job and was a definate learning experience. I learned how to deal with teachers and less then optimal situations.
The hours at this job were however sometimes long and boaring.
They dont pratice what they preach
Former employee (Former Employee), Lansing, MIOctober 11, 2012
A typical day is never being able to catch your breath. They load on the work and they dont give you help. When they brought on several more schools the management told workers that they will not be hiring more staff so dont ask. Upper management is overpaid and underqualified.
A productive place to work.
Paraprofessional (Former Employee), Detroit, MIAugust 16, 2012
A typical day at work is being able to multi-task and being flexible to handle any situations and working with various grade levels.
The work enviroment is people friendly
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Flint, MIApril 20, 2012
Since I work in a school enviroment the typical day is never the same. I learned that communication and dedication is a key factor for a successful work enviroment. My co-workers are teamplayers that make working together enjoyable. The most enjoyable part of the job is giving inspiration to the children.