The Leona Group

The Leona Group Employer Reviews

Fun place to work with great coworkers
High School Mathematics Teacher (Current Employee), Lansing, MIAugust 24, 2014
Pros: long lunches, help is available, team atmosphere
Cons: pay
Working at this school is fun. Our staff meetings are short and to the point. The administration team is supportive and honest. Colleagues are friendly and willing to lend a helping hand. Working with children is the best part of the day. The hardest part of this job is handling state oversight.
Overall good company to work for
Enrollment Coordinator (Current Employee), Detroit, MISeptember 27, 2013
Pros: great rapport with colleagues
Cons: no paid personal or vacation time for myself, no healthcare benefits for myself
Generally a good company to work for based on professional growth and relationships. The management team provides good mentoring and is usually one where you feel comfortable with interaction. Colleagues are always helpful and understanding of the needs of one another.
The Academy of Warren
Physical Education Teahcer (Former Employee), Warren MichiganApril 14, 2013
These schools are not for first year teachers. I was The P.E. teacher at the Academy of Warren and it was the worse experience I ever had. I had no gym but an empty classroom and no resources to do my job and when I asked for them, the administration did not come through. Student behaviors is a big issue. The students disrespect the teaching staff and – more... it has gotten so bad that even the administration has no clue what to do. They will not back you up and are only out for themselves. They claim they will support the teachers but they don't.

The administration does not come through on anything they say. They have told the students that they will take away privliages and possibly exspell them, but they don't. The School leader is only out for herself and is trying to make a name for herself.

The school does not have any grading program up and running so teachers have to find there own. They do not provide any student information for you. In order to get it you have to ask the student or there Homeroom teacher. It makes it hard to know if the student has any kind of medical issues.

The Teaching staff is awesome and I loved them very much and the curriculum coach was awesome too. That is the only positive thing I can say. If you are a P.E. teacher do not apply because the school has no gym or outside areas to play games. They have no equipment and the students abuse everything. Do not believe what the School Leaders says because it isn't true. – less
Enjoyable experience
IT Technician (Former Employee), Toledo, OHJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: free lunches, lots of learning experiences
Cons: long hours, and sometimes nothing to fix for days
This was my first IT job and was a definate learning experience. I learned how to deal with teachers and less then optimal situations.
The hours at this job were however sometimes long and boaring.
They dont pratice what they preach
Former employee (Former Employee), Lansing, MIOctober 11, 2012
A typical day is never being able to catch your breath. They load on the work and they dont give you help. When they brought on several more schools the management told workers that they will not be hiring more staff so dont ask. Upper management is overpaid and underqualified.
A productive place to work.
Paraprofessional (Former Employee), Detroit, MIAugust 16, 2012
A typical day at work is being able to multi-task and being flexible to handle any situations and working with various grade levels.
The work enviroment is people friendly
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Flint, MIApril 20, 2012
Since I work in a school enviroment the typical day is never the same. I learned that communication and dedication is a key factor for a successful work enviroment. My co-workers are teamplayers that make working together enjoyable. The most enjoyable part of the job is giving inspiration to the children.